PDA

View Full Version : Sack these clowns now to give the club a lift before Saturday

Pages : 1 [2]

Gordy M
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
No I didnt i did the exact same thing at about the same time into PFs tenure as Butchers not at end so if you want to pull me get your facts straight. point out all the positive threads on here when we were winning? I bet less than 2% of the people on here started a positive thread after a win.

Why when somebody has a different view from you there is a snide remark? "revel" I totally disagree with Marinello but I know he wants 100% what is best for club as will you as do I.
Yep fair enough mate, it wasnt meant to be 'snidey' and i apologise for that.

I didnt mean starting a positive thread, i meant positive comments about hibs when they were winning games?

Just seems a lot of people only come on here to complain about all things hibs and are more prevelant when we are in the 'crap', hence my comment. I think there is a time to be critical but i really now is the right time!! I dont doubt u want the best for the club. Im just peed off at our current position, no offence meant.:thumbsup:

RIP
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
4000 readers on Hibs.Net yet every negative thread has the same names on it with multiple posts.

Imagine if Goebbels had a message board to play with in the 1930's.

Other than some fabulous fundraising, what part does social media play in making Hibernian Football club stronger?

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Yep fair enough mate, it wasnt meant to be 'snidey' and i apologise for that.

I didnt mean starting a positive thread, i meant positive comments about hibs when they were winning games?

Just seems a lot of people only come on here to complain about all things hibs and are more prevelant when we are in the 'crap', hence my comment. I think there is a time to be critical but i really now is the right time!! I dont doubt u want the best for the club. Im just peed off at our current position, no offence meant.:thumbsup:

This is exactly the place for me to say exactly what I want regardless of whom agrees (forum rules apply), I am honest in my views and have no worries on that front. What goes on at stadium is a different matter but on here if I feel need to complain then I will. I am p1ssed off as well you know.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:29 PM
4000 readers on Hibs.Net yet every negative thread has the same names on it with multiple posts.

Imagine if Goebbels had a message board to play with in the 1930's.

Other than some fabulous fundraising, what part does social media play in making Hibernian Football club stronger?

I think keeping Butcher is "negative" I think wanting him gone is "positive". all want same different ways going about it.

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 09:33 PM
This is exactly the place for me to say exactly what I want regardless of whom agrees (forum rules apply), I am honest in my views and have no worries on that front. What goes on at stadium is a different manner on here if I feel need to complain then I will. I am p1ssed off as well you know.

Well I want to say that yourself and some others only seem to post on here these days when things are really bad and never seem to have a single postivie word to say about the club. It gets pretty boring TBH.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Well I want to say that yourself and some others only seem to post on here these days when things are really bad and never seem to have a single postivie word to say about the club. It gets pretty boring TBH.

Ok show me all the good old days stuff on here then? Make sure you have petrol in your Delorean for that. What positive things would you like to be said?

I do not really have much to say that you deem "positive" just now. You do not need to read it. Everything I say in wanting change is for me as "positive" as you wanting different things.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2014, 09:41 PM

I love these kinds of accusations, can you bring up the good times where we have been doing well? Then have a look at all those positive posts, it wont take you long. :rolleyes:

majorhibs
08-05-2014, 09:44 PM
But it is guesswork again as is what you suggest would happen is also guesswork to back up your point of view. I can go on and say anything I like on how it might be shot in arm players might be delighted or unhappy about it.

Listen, apologists can bolt, a few of us on here might be on our way to idiots but we have had to manage men before, in all different circumstances, Nigeria springs to my mind, but "lost the dressing room"? Even if that was the case for these "experienced" managers, even if that was the case, after 3, maybe 5, maybe a couple more, these "experienced" people should have realised, assessd, re-evaluated, basically do whats needed now, get some POINTS... just show a small bit of leadership & manage with the hand youve been dealt till improvement is possible. But I am sorry apologists, I as a football fan cannot recall globally recently a failure as spectacular (tragic) as has befallen my team. I am pretty pissed off at my club being in this position, to hear anyone saying what has happened to Hibs since the turn of the year- the people in charge are not able to manage situations & men, if they were honourable they would walk after what we ALL know is a total failure for Hibernian FC, I think some of the apologists should walk as well. Listen, if I had been as bad, as unable, as current managers TB & MM to do anything & get no points & look as generally mince as they make a pro football team look, I would be brushing up (pardon the pun) on my street sweeping akills, cos frankly if either if these two tried to perform at street sweeping like they perform currently at football management they would (soz parden pun X 2) very soon be emptied. Stop aologising please. This record is unnacceptable, plain & simple. He got them to win, now were down or as good as dammit, after season regardless this failure cannot be allowed to repeat.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Listen, apologists can bolt, a few of us on here might be on our way to idiots but we have had to manage men before, in all different circumstances, Nigeria springs to my mind, but "lost the dressing room"? Even if that was the case for these "experienced" managers, even if that was the case, after 3, maybe 5, maybe a couple more, these "experienced" people should have realised, assessd, re-evaluated, basically do whats needed now, get some POINTS... just show a small bit of leadership & manage with the hand youve been dealt till improvement is possible. But I am sorry apologists, I as a football fan cannot recall globally recently a failure as spectacular (tragic) as has befallen my team. I am pretty pissed off at my club being in this position, to hear anyone saying what has happened to Hibs since the turn of the year- the people in charge are not able to manage situations & men, if they were honourable they would walk after what we ALL know is a total failure for Hibernian FC, I think some of the apologists should walk as well. Listen, if I had been as bad, as unable, as current managers TB & MM to do anything & get no points & look as generally mince as they make a pro football team look, I would be brushing up (pardon the pun) on my street sweeping akills, cos frankly if either if these two tried to perform at street sweeping like they perform currently at football management they would (soz parden pun X 2) very soon be emptied. Stop aologising please. This record is unnacceptable, plain & simple. He got them to win, now were down or as good as dammit, after season regardless this failure cannot be allowed to repeat.

Major, I put you forward to manage the team this weekend but only if you take some brushes with you.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Butcher is the worsed Manager our club has ever had by a country mile why do you have these other 2 clowns on a pedestal they were better yes but only just Duffy Jim was better than Butcher and his vile side kick Malpas GTF

It's Duff Jimmy.

keep the faith
08-05-2014, 09:59 PM

I would agree with this and a couple if the posters who only appear at crisis time are all over this thread.

I know it's cause they are passionate but it sucks the life out this place at times.

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Ok show me all the good old days stuff on here then? Make sure you have petrol in your Delorean for that. What positive things would you like to be said?

I do not really have much to say that you deem "positive" just now. You do not need to read it. Everything I say in wanting change is for me as "positive" as you wanting different things.

OK, let's look at the small positives, eg. when we won the new year derby. Were you on here showing your delight at the result?

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM
OK, let's look at the small positives, eg. when we won the new year derby. Were you on here showing your delight at the result?

No idea was every poster on here celebrating? I thought you found all this "boring" tbh. Have I been on here after every loss? No I havent. Have I been on here the last couple of weeks as it has IMO got very bad? yes.

I did though have £10 on Collins to score first goal so how is that for positivity.

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 10:11 PM
I love these kinds of accusations, can you bring up the good times where we have been doing well? Then have a look at all those positive posts, it wont take you long. :rolleyes:

C'mon BH you must know what I mean. Ever since I've been on .net yourself (and Freddie for most of the time) have been ever present - win lose or draw. You air your opinions and that's what this place is about. Even with the current backdrop of crapness you'll post approval if something goes right.

Carlsberg & co. on the other hand only appear at especially low points and always post the same stuff - they bore me. Their lack of reason bores me. They're the sort of people you don't want a ST next to.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 10:14 PM
C'mon BH you must know what I mean. Ever since I've been on .net yourself (and Freddie for most of the time) have been ever present - win lose or draw. You air your opinions and that's what this place is about. Even with the current backdrop of crapness you'll post approval if something goes right.

Carlsberg & co. on the other hand only appear at especially low points and always post the same stuff - they bore me. Their lack of reason bores me. They're the sort of people you don't want a ST next to.

Why bother discussing anything with me fine I bore you I will manage to get over it. Had plenty to say when IMO we were doing well under TM and even Collins and Mixu and yes even Hughes. Hibs have been punching below weight for years fine if these are all the posts you remember I will somehow manage.

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Why bother discussing anything with me fine I bore you I will manage to get over it. Had plenty to say when IMO we were doing well under TM and even Collins and Mixu and yes even Hughes. Hibs have been punching below weight for years fine if these are all you remember I am will somehow manage.

I rest my case.

:yawn:

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I rest my case.

:yawn:

We havent done well since so I posted my thoughts at those times and I post them now in different times so indeed the case is rested.

majorhibs
08-05-2014, 10:44 PM

Behave. That was it this year. Like a UK summer, did ye get the sun at porty beach, what 2 days was it this year , I must have missed it while I was at my work. Apologists just need to stop. This management team are crap. This has been the biggest maist disastrous collapse of ANYBODY not just HIbs, just stop the pissing about, the apologising, the excuses, this is just a HUGE failure by all concerned. Including apologists. Dont want to hear your bleating, I want HIbernian FC minimum top 6 & 4 seasons naewhere near & now relegated? Aye, the cheques in the post etc. Dont panic like Dads Army. Upward spiral. Hows about, jist one year, kindoff midtable but with promise, couple young players knocking on the door & maybe bursting through, manager backed by board wi REAL ambitions, targets, next year might be THE year. Hibs- Petrie- dream on sucker, just pays yer cash!

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Behave. That was it this year. Like a UK summer, did ye get the sun at porty beach, what 2 days was it this year , I must have missed it while I was at my work. Apologists just need to stop. This management team are crap. This has been the biggest maist disastrous collapse of ANYBODY not just HIbs, just stop the pissing about, the apologising, the excuses, this is just a HUGE failure by all concerned. Including apologists. Dont want to hear your bleating, I want HIbernian FC minimum top 6 & 4 seasons naewhere near & now relegated? Aye, the cheques in the post etc. Dont panic like Dads Army. Upward spiral. Hows about, jist one year, kindoff midtable but with promise, couple young players knocking on the door & maybe bursting through, manager backed by board wi REAL ambitions, targets, next year might be THE year. Hibs- Petrie- dream on sucker, just pays yer cash!

Who are you telling to behave? What or who am I an apologist for?

In any case, I don't want to listen to your "bleating" either.

Time For Heroes
09-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Maybe im being a tad stupid.
its friday morning, we are stuck with the same squad & management, regardless of anything else this is the time to back th team!
Lets stand united; regards of our views, let see the team we love win on Saturday. Who knows a vocal support may just be enough.
Too late for grudges, lets all focus on one come goal, let send Killie down and work out the rest later!
Cmon the Hibs

marinello59
09-05-2014, 03:30 AM
Maybe im being a tad stupid.
its friday morning, we are stuck with the same squad & management, regardless of anything else this is the time to back th team!
Lets stand united; regards of our views, let see the team we love win on Saturday. Who knows a vocal support may just be enough.
Too late for grudges, lets all focus on one come goal, let send Killie down and work out the rest later!
Cmon the Hibs

Well said.

Captain Trips
09-05-2014, 04:19 AM

I wasnt on here after the victory, and so what I also was not on "being negative" after losing lots of matches. If I only came on here every week after losing a match and didnt when we won then you would have a point. However I do not post after every match I may go weeks or months and not post, then I will come on here to see whats happening and with our results there is a pretty good chance when I am on it will be after a bad result or two.

I probably wasnt on either for the 2 wins before the Hearts game or the win in Feburary but also wasnt on for the plethora of defeats either. I hope that is ok and my posts are in a timely manner regarding match results, oh I forgot its a bore.

Sorry about that.

bawheid
09-05-2014, 05:17 AM
Gogs and Peeve are right. It's the same broken records every time, with a smattering of yams thrown in for good measure.

Complete dullards who do absolutely NOTHING for Hibernian FC.

Give me admin rights for a day and I'll sort this place right out! :greengrin

southern hibby
09-05-2014, 06:00 AM
There are several major factors which concern me.
If we do sack butch and his 2 amigos and it costs ( let's say £150 grand, this is a pure guess at figures on my part), then that's £150 grand from next years budget, not available for either buying out one or two players contracts or alternatively to another team for any players the new manager may want.
Was money available to him I'n the transfer window or ( as I have read on here ) he decide to keep this money and use it with the money he will be given at end of the season too? I'm not sure, however I believe we are probably skint with buying Butchers contract paying of Fenlon ( if again as some on here have suggested ) season ticket sales are down and nothing at present bodes well for the next few years at least.

Should we sack Butcher probably not ( because I believe a new manager will not have funds available to get some much needed quality I'n and we will be left with the dross that is here already). Does he deserve to be sacked? Without a doubt yes. However he will be hurting like mad at the prospect of being a looser and I think he will not want any of these underachieving clowns that mascarade as professional football players near The place next season.
So I'm asking for him to get one more season to see if there is a vast turn round I'n players and standards. GGTTH
Tactically Butcher has been inapt ( I don't hold any qualifications I'n this department to say I can comment professionally I'n this department) However after watching Hibs all my life I can work out that there has been no plan B, substitutions are terrible and team selections and set up has been a farce.

southern hibby
09-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Which means he will need to learn too. As fans we will have to change too. We bleat our gums ( rightly so) everytime it does not go well. But we cannot change managers every season, we need stability we need continuity of a different kind and hopefully we will stay up and the rebuilding can begin In the summer GGTTH

WHUHibs
09-05-2014, 06:19 AM

If people bore you then you can ignore their posts and move on? You like to post your thoughts good or bad and that's your right so no need to bring other posters down ?

Times like this we are all hurting and I find it difficult to feel positive,,, I think TB will turn it round and he did wonders at Inverness so why not here?

I don't like RP and feel if he did a good job then he should have moved on earlier and not squeezed the life out of the club.

Time for reflection and structure once hopefully we get a result on Saturday,,,however, I think this seasons journey isnt over and I am very worried we could be relegated!

WHUHibs
09-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Oh on a positive note the suns shining here in Warsaw:greengrin

Weststandwanab
09-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Gogs and Peeve are right. It's the same broken records every time, with a smattering of yams thrown in for good measure.

Interesting, what would you do in that day ?

jeffers
09-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Which means he will need to learn too. As fans we will have to change too. We bleat our gums ( rightly so) everytime it does not go well. But we cannot change managers every season, we need stability we need continuity of a different kind and hopefully we will stay up and the rebuilding can begin In the summer GGTTH

I get that changing managers so frequently is part of our ongoing issues, but that shouldn't mean that we persist with one who is doing a F***ing terrible job. The reason we got rid of the previous managers is because they weren't good enough, if we had made a mistake then they would have gone on to better things. NONE of them have other than arguably Mixu (who admitted himself wasn't ready for the job when he took it.)

bawheid
09-05-2014, 06:29 AM
That was my reaction too. "Social media has played a part in our downfall" has to be one of the strangest statements I've ever read on here. I would have thought that a massive lack of quality, a disproportionate focus on infrastructure at the expense of the team, an inflexible approach to signing players we need, a revolving player (150+?) and managers (what is it now - 7? 8? in the last few years) door and various other things have played a part in our downfall. But tweets and posts on a fans forum have contributed to our failure over the last few years and us possibly being relegated this season? No. Just no.

Sorry GG, I stand by what I posted yesterday. I said it had played a part. Clearly the distinct lack of leadership from the very top has been the primary factor. Rod Petrie has done some good things, but he's been shown to be weak when it comes to sticking the course. Mixu and Hughes were both sacked far too early, and at the first sign of some unrest amongst the fans. He should have displayed some backbone.

My point though is that the world has changed and social media does play a big part in the mood of the fans, the atmosphere in the ground, the relationship with the players and a whole host of other factors.

I remember Ian Cameron missing a golden chance against Hearts in a new year derby in 96/97. Brutal it was, skyed it over the bar from close range. Back then he would have been gutted, but would have sloped off back to his family or the pub to be commiserated with.

Nowadays James Collins has to put up with vile abuse direct from Hibs fans on twitter and an angry mob outside the ground who can't wait to tell him how sh....ite he is.

On this board at the moment we have a minority of posters (and it is a minority) who want Butcher sacked. But boy do we hear them. Thread after thread after thread regurgitating the same rubbish in a slightly different way. Their aim, one can only imagine, after satisfying their pub bore look at me itch, is to try to convince others of their view. They shout the loudest and we end up wit a front page that's full of ridiculous thread titles. ("Sack these clowns", etc). I've got no doubt this translates itself to Easter Road on a Saturday and it makes things harder for the players.

The culture these days is all about having everything now, right this minute, without having to work for it. X Factor syndrome, and it's driven by social media. You can see these fuds on matchday with their veins popping out their heads, screaming abuse at a 23 year old playing his first season in Scottish football.

You see them on here too. If the manager doesn't turn it around in a handful of matches we're collectively stamping our feet and saying it's not fair and screeching for him to be sacked.

The saddest thing is that Petrie has fallen for it every time. Can we not just try staying the course, just this once?

bawheid
09-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Interesting, what would you do in that day ?

Disable the multiquote function... But only after emptying TQM. :greengrin

southern hibby
09-05-2014, 06:39 AM
I get that changing managers so frequently is part of our ongoing issues, but that shouldn't mean that we persist with one who is doing a F***ing terrible job. The reason we got rid of the previous managers is because they weren't good enough, if we had made a mistake then they would have gone on to better things. NONE of them have other than arguably Mixu (who admitted himself wasn't ready for the job when he took it.)

Correct. But the question we should be asking ( I believe) is should we have butcher sacked and same players here next season or should we persist with Butcher and get rid of the dross? I'm not sure of our budget but I don't believe it will be big enough to do both especially if we want quality I'n over the summer period. GGTTH.

marinello59
09-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Disable the multiquote function... But only after emptying TQM. :greengrin

When do you want your Admin rights to start? :greengrin

jeffers
09-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Correct. But the question we should be asking ( I believe) is should we have butcher sacked and same players here next season or should we persist with Butcher and get rid of the dross? I'm not sure of our budget but I don't believe it will be big enough to do both especially if we want quality I'n over the summer period. GGTTH.

I genuinely hope that we don't end up having to sack him. If we stay up I'd give him the chance to bring in his own players, but if he takes us down (and I would hold him fully responsible for that) then I hope he'd do the decent thing and resign. Whether he stays or go there will be big changes to the squad anyway with the amount of players out of contract. I agree tho, we can't afford to pay yet more compensation without hindering our ability to build a decent squad.

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Sorry GG, I stand by what I posted yesterday. I said it had played a part. Clearly the distinct lack of leadership from the very top has been the primary factor. Rod Petrie has done some good things, but he's been shown to be weak when it comes to sticking the course. Mixu and Hughes were both sacked far too early, and at the first sign of some unrest amongst the fans. He should have displayed some backbone.

My point though is that the world has changed and social media does play a big part in the mood of the fans, the atmosphere in the ground, the relationship with the players and a whole host of other factors.

I remember Ian Cameron missing a golden chance against Hearts in a new year derby in 96/97. Brutal it was, skyed it over the bar from close range. Back then he would have been gutted, but would have sloped off back to his family or the pub to be commiserated with.

Nowadays James Collins has to put up with vile abuse direct from Hibs fans on twitter and an angry mob outside the ground who can't wait to tell him how sh....ite he is.

On this board at the moment we have a minority of posters (and it is a minority) who want Butcher sacked. But boy do we hear them. Thread after thread after thread regurgitating the same rubbish in a slightly different way. Their aim, one can only imagine, after satisfying their pub bore look at me itch, is to try to convince others of their view. They shout the loudest and we end up wit a front page that's full of ridiculous thread titles. ("Sack these clowns", etc). I've got no doubt this translates itself to Easter Road on a Saturday and it makes things harder for the players.

The culture these days is all about having everything now, right this minute, without having to work for it. X Factor syndrome, and it's driven by social media. You can see these fuds on matchday with their veins popping out their heads, screaming abuse at a 23 year old playing his first season in Scottish football.

You see them on here too. If the manager doesn't turn it around in a handful of matches we're collectively stamping our feet and saying it's not fair and screeching for him to be sacked.

The saddest thing is that Petrie has fallen for it every time. Can we not just try staying the course, just this once?

Good post, people who question the effects of social media on the opinion/mood of the masses need wise up.

This board makes for dismal reading at present and I'm sure there's a few on here rubbing their hands together in glee at their personal contribution to this.

matty_f
09-05-2014, 06:57 AM

Very well put.

number 27
09-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Very well put.

It may be very well put but it is of course complete nonsense. You are seriously asking us to believe that Hibs malaise is down to social media?

This is just another variation of the tired old "blame the fans" line, once again it is Hibs supporters and guys who care about the club being told they are the problem.

bawheid
09-05-2014, 08:38 AM
It may be very well put but it is of course complete nonsense. You are seriously asking us to believe that Hibs malaise is down to social media?

This is just another variation of the tired old "blame the fans" line, once again it is Hibs supporters and guys who care about the club being told they are the problem.

That's not what I said though, is it?

number 27
09-05-2014, 08:45 AM
That's not what I said though, is it?

Seems like it to me. Are you saying fans on social media are partly to blame for our situation or aren't you?

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2014, 08:48 AM

Why do folks think that it's only one single problem that's causing us to be where we are.

Bawheid is correct in all he says about social media but it's only one of many factors in our demise.

keep the faith
09-05-2014, 08:57 AM

I agree with all you say here.

number 27
09-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Why do folks think that it's only one single problem that's causing us to be where we are.

Bawheid is correct in all he says about social media but it's only one of many factors in our demise.

Motherwell fans can use social media, it doesn't seem to cause their team any problems, or ICT or Wolves or Sevilla, in fact it seems to be uniquely Hibs where supporters opinions are causing this problem.

Fans everywhere are broadly similar, I believe ours are pretty good, even online.

MSK
09-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Interesting, what would you do in that day ?Probably use plenty tins o this for starters..12546

keep the faith
09-05-2014, 09:00 AM

That made me laugh. I long for the day auto generated messages appear when people try to post saying " you have exceeded the maximum amount of posts allowed this month. See you next month"
I can dream!!!😃

jacomo
09-05-2014, 09:20 AM

Good post. The problem is we need something to believe in - some sign of progress. Mixu's team did, at times, put some brilliant combinations of play together... but the man himself looked just like one of the angry mob every game, veins popping on the touchline. The pressure got to him, and fall outs with Benji etc didn't help.

The pressure got to Yogi too, and Pat never looked like he was enjoying himself.

Is the Hibs job just too much pressure? Are we as fans responsible for this? I am not saying we should lower our expectations, but managers need time, as you say.

Back to our current situation, though, and I'm afraid I would not support Butcher continuing in the role if we go down. It would be too big a failure to put up with.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Never was an original poster more right. :rolleyes:

cleanyman
10-05-2014, 12:46 PM
He's got to go now surely?

1 win in 19 is an incredible stat.

Coco Bryce
10-05-2014, 12:48 PM
There's no way back for Butcher now.

He has to go.

Bob Box Fish
10-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Get rid of them before the play off nothing to lose by doing so as we are going down anyway. Maybe someone else coming in can change something or try something different.

Can you imagine if butcher us still in charge in the first division? Frightening.

Greenblood70
10-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Butcher out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
10-05-2014, 01:08 PM
We couldn't possibly be any worse without him. What were the things he promised us when he arrived? Pride, passion, pace and power, something like that? Good one, Terry.

We're in an unarrestable slide into oblivion with him, and we need shot of him right now.

pacorosssco
10-05-2014, 01:09 PM
agree , should be sacked tonight. alex mcleish for playoffs

Stevie Reid
10-05-2014, 01:11 PM
In all seriousness, with Rangers coming up and Hearts going down with renewed optimism and vigour, along with the fact that the Championship is always a tough league, I shudder to think what Butcher may do to us in that division.

Dundee were woefully under equipped for the SPL last season, but were in better shape than we are now when they went down. When we went down under McLeish he had already changed the feeling around the club - nothing Butcher can do can fix things now.

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Out Danny Lennon in.

Scottie
10-05-2014, 01:15 PM
How could Butcher and his Staff possibly have made us worse than under Fenlon ?

No brainer they have all got to go now !

Get JC back now and give him what he want's. Oh and **** off Petrie !

jonty
10-05-2014, 01:17 PM
In all seriousness, with Rangers coming up and Hearts going down with renewed optimism and vigour, along with the fact that the Championship is always a tough league, I shudder to think what Butcher may do to us in that division.

Dundee were woefully under equipped for the SPL last season, but were in better shape than we are now when they went down. When we went down under McLeish he had already changed the feeling around the club - nothing Butcher can do can fix things now.

:agree:
If we go down theres no way we're coming straight back up with the likes of Hearts, Rangers, Dunfermline, and 2 of Falkirk/QoS/Hamilton

We should have put this to bed weeks ago. Its a disgrace.

Del Boy
10-05-2014, 01:18 PM
I would like to see him sacked now. Get someone in for the playoffs who has a clue and can motivate a team.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-05-2014, 01:18 PM
And take Farmer and Petrie wi ye!

mmmmhibby
10-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Just get the buffoons out of our club before its too late. Tactically inept pair of s@@@@houses!!!!

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Was told you can't sack him before a game it causes upset. Not as much upset as a dreadful manager picking team.

Danny Lennon 12mth Rolling contract starting tonight.

Joe6-2
10-05-2014, 01:26 PM
how could butcher and his staff possibly have made us worse than under fenlon ?

No brainer they have all got to go now !

Get jc back now and give him what he want's. Oh and **** off petrie !
this!

jonty
10-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Was told you can't sack him before a game it causes upset. Not as much upset as a dreadful manager picking team.

I don't think a miracle worker could do anything more with the squad we have.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 01:27 PM

The club is in turmoil, would we even notice any upset? GTF Butcher, you are a phannie with about as much managerial ability as my cock.

The Green Goblin
10-05-2014, 01:28 PM
1 win in 20 games is an indefensible record for any manager at any club.

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
The club is in turmoil, would we even notice any upset? GTF Butcher, you are a phannie with about as much managerial ability as my cock.

I agree I wanted him out before KO. Awful record.

Zazu62
10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Get him out !!!

IberianHibernian
10-05-2014, 01:30 PM
I don't think a miracle worker could do anything more with the squad we have.St Johnstone drew with Celtic this week with 3 players not considered good enough for Hibs ( Clancy , Wotherspoon and Cregg ) while Craig and before him Vine did well for St J last season but have failed with Hibs . Whoever is our manager next season and in whatever division will have to get more from players who are the same or worse than current squad .

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 01:34 PM
St Johnstone drew with Celtic this week with 3 players not considered good enough for Hibs ( Clancy , Wotherspoon and Cregg ) while Craig and before him Vine did well for St J last season but have failed with Hibs . Whoever is our manager next season and in whatever division will have to get more from players who are the same or worse than current squad .

No manager will turn this club around. The players rule the roost and that fact will be cemented once again when Butcher gets his p45.

jonty
10-05-2014, 01:35 PM
St Johnstone drew with Celtic this week with 3 players not considered good enough for Hibs ( Clancy , Wotherspoon and Cregg ) while Craig and before him Vine did well for St J last season but have failed with Hibs . Whoever is our manager next season and in whatever division will have to get more from players who are the same or worse than current squad .

And therein lies the problem. Decent players (and managers) elsewhere come to hibs and are ***** within a few weeks.

With a bit of luck today we could have had the ball over the line (and not just on it). That kind of performance has been missing for a massive part of the season. At least there was effort today but its a far cry from the type of performance we would all like to see.

Brightside
10-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Tudor Jones! That's it for me. Terry is clueless. 1-0 down with 10 to go and y bring on Cummings and play him in left mid. Butcher is totally hopeless.

matty_f
10-05-2014, 01:39 PM
No manager will turn this club around. The players rule the roost and that fact will be cemented once again when Butcher gets his p45.

Yep. :agree:

superbam
10-05-2014, 01:42 PM
1 win in 20 games is an indefensible record for any manager at any club.

This. It baffles me how anyone can still defend Butchers position, regardless of what happens in the play offs. He has taken a mediocre team who were in no danger whatsoever, and managed somehow to make them infinitely *****r and led us to the brink of relegation from what will be the weakest top tier in recent history to a second tier we will be extremely lucky to get out of within 3 years. Potentially one of the most, if not the most catastrophic tenure in our history.

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 01:43 PM
There's no way back for Butcher now.

He has to go.

I don't think he goes till after the playoffs.

Win both playoffs and he gets his signings in the summer.

green day
10-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Although he is a clown, it is unlikely we will sack him at this point.

By any measure he deserves it, but I can't see it.

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 10:25 PM
You are actually being serious? Let's put an SFA community coach and a ex footballer now publican in charge? Very good.

Aye. I am now for sure. Anyone that isn't Butcher.

Winston Ingram
10-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Are you drunk?

Hibernianinc
10-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Sack him. Utter shambles.