PDA

View Full Version : What do we do as fans if we stay up?

madhatter
07-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Just a question to see what the overall opinion is? Don't applaud the players at FT on Saturday if we win? Just quietly walk out of the stands? Boo? Organise a protest or get a petition together to get board cleared out with Petrie first? Wait for another year to see what TB, MM with LD's assistance can do - which in all likelihood is Petrie's way of taking the heat off for another year...

Forget Hibs until after the summer and realise we're back where we started, then call for TB's head and celebrate as Petrie does as we ask (heat off him again)?

I'd honestly imagine a riot occurring should we lose against Killie. Even with the playoff. That is why I ask what do we do should we win?

We've been here before, it's our choice where we go from here on.

rcarter1
07-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Just a question to see what the overall opinion is? Don't applaud the players at FT on Saturday if we win? Just quietly walk out of the stands? Boo? Organise a protest or get a petition together to get board cleared out with Petrie first? Wait for another year to see what TB, MM with LD's assistance can do - which in all likelihood is Petrie's way of taking the heat off for another year...

Forget Hibs until after the summer and realise we're back where we started, then call for TB's head and celebrate as Petrie does as we ask (heat off him again)?

I'd honestly imagine a riot occurring should we lose against Killie. Even with the playoff. That is why I ask what do we do should we win?

Riot! :devil:

But seriously , Im going to clap the players off regardless of the outcome - I honestly don't blame them for being not good enough. From effective strategy, to understanding the simple value of pace and strength these players are just the bods that happen to have been thrown together to represent the club.

As for the club itself. All bets are off… Im up for any sensibly thought through action plan. But frankly it would probably require an extremely wealthy chap to buy the club and change the mentality of the place, inject some emergency cash. Unlikely.

Steve20
07-05-2014, 07:18 PM
We won't win on Saturday.

jacomo
07-05-2014, 07:20 PM

Are you out of admin yet?

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Applaud the team off like you normally do when they win a game - I know it's been a while but I'm sure we can just about remember how to do that!

Ronniekirk
07-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Applaud the team off like you normally do when they win a game - I know it's been a while but I'm sure we can just about remember how to do that!
Yes we can remember how to clap a winning team off the pitch but the team seem to have forgotten how to win .:confused:

yeezus.
07-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I will applaud the team if we win on Saturday and if I am successful in moving from Stranraer to Edinburgh I will buy a season ticket.

matty_f
07-05-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to tear the heid right aff it if we stay up.

Weststandwanab
07-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Open several bottles - magnums - of Champagne.

Bronson
07-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Get f***ing pished and thank our lucky stars that the jambos had our backs. There's something I never thought I'd say.

madhatter
07-05-2014, 07:37 PM

But seriously , Im going to clap the players off regardless of the outcome - I honestly don't blame them for being not good enough. From effective strategy, to understanding the simple value of pace and strength these players are just the bods that happen to have been thrown together to represent the club.

As for the club itself. All bets are off… Im up for any sensibly thought through action plan. But frankly it would probably require an extremely wealthy chap to buy the club and change the mentality of the place, inject some emergency cash. Unlikely.

I will personally not be clapping - I've barely clapped them off this season because I understand lack of ability argument but to be fair, they must also seriously lack intelligence, why ping high balls all over the place against a tall, physical team? Did that a hell of a lot against RC last night and persisted to get involved in a game of head tennis when taking the ball down was a viable option. That isn't being devoid of skill, that is being devoid of intelligence. By no means does that take a genius. I've contributed to these guys substantial wages this year so I feel we should get applauded if we can be bothered to stick around, they deserve nothing.

I'll tell you now, if we don't have some form of action, I fear this club is sleepwalking to its death. Fans will stick by for so long; they will give up eventually through being emotionally exhausted or sadly death. We are not an appealing club to support for youngsters and this will cause a gradual, but evident, decline in support. I don't know how to fix this other than fan ownership - I'd be happy to put what little cash I have towards a club I know is being run the right way or I have the power, with fellow fans, to take action if it isn't. We're supposed to be spectators of the team on a Saturday, not the spectators of the club (which resembles a really poor film). I fear people will attack such schemes of protest, petition, or fan ownership because it isn't the way of things or we're putting a brave face on it. This is potentially what could happen: the club with potentially the 2nd best training facility in Scottish football, one of the newest grounds (modern stands), low levels of debt, and incredible support have sadly been relegated...This club is a disaster and has shown no signs of changing even whilst monitoring a visible 6 year serious decline in standards.

Oh well, at least we'll still be the "2nd best club in the history of Scottish football" at paying the bills. Happy days, eh?

scuttle
07-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Ill be doing the Daffy Duck

Salisbury Hibby
07-05-2014, 07:42 PM
What is a strange thought is that winning could see us in 7th place....

yeezus.
07-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Bloody hell I didn't even know that, more need for optimism I think! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Then we can say that we've done as well as last year. :partyhibb

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Applaud the team off, leave before any lap of honour then have a few pints in the 4 that will start off quiet and get gradually louder.

I'm then expected to attend a Eurovision party my other halfs friend is organising so I'll fake an illness later on in the boozer, head home, wait until she goes out then have a few cans watching something on Netflix.

Salisbury Hibby
07-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Then we can say that we've done as well as last year. :partyhibb

Quite - but too little too late. Money would be nice though...

rcarter1
07-05-2014, 07:49 PM
I will personally not be clapping - I've barely clapped them off this season because I understand lack of ability argument but to be fair, they must also seriously lack intelligence, why ping high balls all over the place against a tall, physical team? Did that a hell of a lot against RC last night and persisted to get involved in a game of head tennis when taking the ball down was a viable option. That isn't being devoid of skill, that is being devoid of intelligence. By no means does that take a genius. I've contributed to these guys substantial wages this year so I feel we should get applauded if we can be bothered to stick around, they deserve nothing.

I'll tell you now, if we don't have some form of action, I fear this club is sleepwalking to its death. Fans will stick by for so long; they will give up eventually through being emotionally exhausted or sadly death. We are not an appealing club to support for youngsters and this will cause a gradual, but evident, decline in support. I don't know how to fix this other than fan ownership - I'd be happy to put what little cash I have towards a club I know is being run the right way or I have the power, with fellow fans, to take action if it isn't. We're supposed to be spectators of the team on a Saturday, not the spectators of the club (which resembles a really poor film). I fear people will attack such schemes of protest, petition, or fan ownership because it isn't the way of things or we're putting a brave face on it. This is potentially what could happen: the club with potentially the 2nd best training facility in Scottish football, one of the newest grounds (modern stands), low levels of debt, and incredible support have sadly been relegated...This club is a disaster and has shown no signs of changing even whilst monitoring a visible 6 year serious decline in standards.

Oh well, at least we'll still be the "2nd best club in the history of Scottish football" at paying the bills. Happy days, eh?

I agree entirely with the second half of your post. Regardless of the outcome of the season, the club is in deep trouble football wise. How to turn that around is the tricky question as you say. Id be more than happy to join in a well organised scheme that involved fan investment. However i would seriously find it hard to do so with the current regime. Unfortunately they have allowed the club to stagnate football wise for so long there is no trust at all on that score.

The reason Im not taking any of this out on the players is because be it intelligence ability motivation etc, it is the principle role of the management and board to ensure that all of that is in place. The players are clearly desperate, scared and at a loss. Frankly once the season is over, the players are not really the issue for me. Hence I am not going to direct any angst or frustration at them.

Beefster
07-05-2014, 07:54 PM

I thought I was a pessimist but you take the ****ing biscuit.

madhatter
07-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I agree entirely with the second half of your post. Regardless of the outcome of the season, the club is in deep trouble football wise. How to turn that around is the tricky question as you say. Id be more than happy to join in a well organised scheme that involved fan investment. However i would seriously find it hard to do so with the current regime. Unfortunately they have allowed the club to stagnate football wise for so long there is no trust at all on that score.

The reason Im not taking any of this out on the players is because be it intelligence ability motivation etc, it is the principle role of the management and board to ensure that all of that is in place. The players are clearly desperate, scared and at a loss. Frankly once the season is over, the players are not really the issue for me. Hence I am not going to direct any angst or frustration at them.

I understand, I had no intention to direct anything at them be it good or bad. They deserve nothing and I will be giving them nothing. I'd expect them to earn their wages, by doing their job and in no other employment do I find desperation, being scared and being at loss as a sympathy vote? I wish it was, really did - really wish a surgeon could state that they were in "bad form" or didn't quite have the "rub of the green" but without a doubt "they tried their best". Mistakes happen, life goes on - these players are paid handsomely and yet don't have the cojones to try something different to get the result. When Pulis was at Stoke, he had a team of substandard players and they did well continuously and have established themselves as a EPL regular.

TB, MM, Petrie and so on are to blame also. Players should be training, learning tactics and more about the game in general, picking up coaching badges, teaching local kids, working in the gym, asking to do more work on the training field to improve their game. Culminating in a 0800-1600 or 0900-1700, 5 day a week job. With days off and so on, I'd be surprised if they work more than 20 hours a week.

Houchy
07-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Is this one of these "IF" your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle? We're doomed now. We need to win on Saturday and (without stating the obvious) we A) need at least 1 goal. Which I can't see us getting and B) keep a clean sheet which is almost as unlikely.

I'm sorry but with 5 games left, I was confident. Now, not so much, not at all actually.

LancashireHibby
07-05-2014, 08:43 PM

Hit the booze. Which is also my plan if we lose.

Framie
07-05-2014, 08:48 PM

Sorry we can't catch both partick and ross co

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Get steaming, win lose or draw.

Salisbury Hibby
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Sorry we can't
Obviously not now. Thanks for pointing that out - perhaps I should have said "If results stay the same" at the time.

Diclonius
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I'll clap the team off the park, content in the fact that I'll never see the majority of them in a Hibs jersey ever again. :aok:

GodisaHibee
07-05-2014, 08:52 PM
That's easy.

People like me will come onto forums, supposedly for Hibs fans like this and point out they are are really worried about where the club is heading.

Then they will be completely slated by all and sundry, not least the supposed 'Admins' and in a puff of green smoke, we're back where we started.

Make no mistake ladies, we are worse than we were under Duffy, we will not come back up immediately under the current regime, unless there is radical change in the whole set up and philosophy under which this club is run.

If we don't go down this year, I'd be amazed, delighted, but unsurprised if I find the same threads this time next year, but with Hearts coming up and us going down.

I don't have the answer at my finger tips, but, THIS isn't working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

inglisavhibs
07-05-2014, 08:54 PM
This site is crawling with Jambos, understandably. If Hibs win either on Saturday or the play off we should celebrate and look forward to next season when our team would look somewhat different to the current one. If we do go down after 38 games and a play off then we deserve it and it might be a long way back.

WestStandMoaner
07-05-2014, 08:57 PM
I'll clap the team off the park, content in the fact that I'll never see the majority of them in a Hibs jersey ever again. :aok:

Not one Hibs fan should clap them, I feel sorry for guys like Stanton, Cummings and Stevenson but the support should walk out in silence go to the front of the main stand and give Petrie, Butcher and Co a choir of GTF

Bristolhibby
07-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Effin relax.

I'm soo bloody tense.

J

madhatter
07-05-2014, 09:02 PM
This site is crawling with Jambos, understandably. If Hibs win either on Saturday or the play off we should celebrate and look forward to next season when our team would look somewhat different to the current one. If we do go down after 38 games and a play off then we deserve it and it might be a long way back.

Where do you get the Jambos part pray tell? If we stay up, look forward to next season? We have had bottom six for years, a relegation fight 2 years ago. 2 demolitions in SC Finals, 1 more in the Europa League. Another relegation fight this year and potentially a play-off? Where do you get look forward to and what changes this? Are we to look forward to the next season no matter what?

We're giving the club and it's management so many clean slates that we'll struggle to tile a roof shortly...

Certainly a lot of people must have poor eyesight and see light at the end of the tunnel where there is none but I do not, this is Groundhog day, it will repeat without intervention.

You have stated Jambos on here - celebrate winning a relegation scrap or play-off? Are you having a laugh by visibly having a contradiction of terms in the same line? Hibs fans should not celebrate winning a relegation fight, we should not celebrate winning a play-off, we should not be in this position every single year or thereabouts. It is embarrassing and celebrating the fact will change nothing and compound the issue and the embarrassment.

GodisaHibee
07-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Go and see what's happening at Hearts.

Everyone has listened to p*sh spouted about hertz and given it more credence than anything else posted.

STOP going on about Hearts and something we can do NOTHING about and focus on Hibs,

GodisaHibee
07-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Where do you get the Jambos part pray tell? If we stay up, look forward to next season? We have had bottom six for years, a relegation fight 2 years ago. 2 demolitions in SC Finals, 1 more in the Europa League. Another relegation fight this year and potentially a play-off? Where do you get look forward to and what changes this? Are we to look forward to the next season no matter what?

We're giving the club and it's management so many clean slates that we'll struggle to tile a roof shortly...

Certainly a lot of people must have poor eyesight and see light at the end of the tunnel where there is none but I do not, this is Groundhog day, it will repeat without intervention.

You have stated Jambos on here - celebrate winning a relegation scrap or play-off? Are you having a laugh by visibly having a contradiction of terms in the same line? Hibs fans should not celebrate winning a relegation fight, we should not celebrate winning a play-off, we should not be in this position every single year or thereabouts. It is embarrassing and celebrating the fact will change nothing and compound the issue and the embarrassment.

Good

Islington Hibs
07-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Sadly correct. The club is running on empty and has done, with the odd blip for 30 years. It is staggering our support has stayed so loyal but there are now signs that people have really had enough. Petrie has been our effective leader for almost 20 years. He is smug, dull, aloof and as presided over a merry-go-round of managers and players and uncountable mediocrity. Everyone else's fault but my on gov. Few players stay any length of time and no affinity is built up with the support. The team consistently underperforms its potential and the brand is at best bland. Cheap marketing gimmicks and poor value for money. Firstly survive, or not, Petrie must resign. His dark stench has been round for far too long. Afresh start is need.

Build up from the bottom. Try and develop our youth and supplement with few recognised players. Build consistency and loyalty. Make a trip to ER fun and better value. The football cannot be guaranteed but improve food/ pricing of/ pre match atmosphere and make season ticket holders feel really special- bring a friend for free/ upgrade to a corporate meal for a fair price etc etc.

What is certainly true is continue as we are and we are heading for the new Dundee bobbing up and down (iflucky) with gates of 5500 sprinkled around our lovely stadium.

Petrie you have outstayed your welcome. GO.

The Pointer
07-05-2014, 09:25 PM

I agree entirely. When I left the ground at the end of the Malmo game I expected some form of action outside the main stand such was the level of my rage, but as Hibs fans we're always told to calm down and be reasonable, it's not Hibs 'style' - it'll come good. Walked away and thought it would happen again after further Fenlon failures, but no. Other fans go mental cause they haven't won the league, but we're the worst team in the division by some way and every inept performance is succeeded by another, so how come we've not reacted? Is it cause we're so punch drunk?

:fuming:

inglisavhibs
07-05-2014, 09:49 PM

I am a Hibs supporter and have been since 1962 and I don,t want my team relegated. The reality is that we probably will, so if we do escape then yes I will celebrate because any problems we have are made worse by going down. No one has to tell me how poor Hibs have been in recent years but we have been in similar positions before and recovered. What will you do if we score a last minute winner on Saturday. I doubt you will sit on your back side and ignore it and suspect you would celebrate the goal along with the rest of us. I am sure Aberdeen supporters who have been in the doldrums for many years now had no idea they would improve so much and finish so high up the league.

madhatter
07-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I am a Hibs supporter and have been since 1962 and I don,t want my team relegated. The reality is that we probably will, so if we do escape then yes I will celebrate because any problems we have are made worse by going down. No one has to tell me how poor Hibs have been in recent years but we have been in similar positions before and recovered. What will you do if we score a last minute winner on Saturday. I doubt you will sit on your back side and ignore it and suspect you would celebrate the goal along with the rest of us. I am sure Aberdeen supporters who have been in the doldrums for many years now had no idea they would improve so much and finish so high up the league.

Granted but I won't celebrate result. Relief isn't the same as pride. I will celebrate a goal but that is impulse. Aberdeen have not been as bad as us for as long as us recently. Recovery requires change and I see no change on the horizon. Another thing about Aberdeen is there is more care and passion from board/owner level. We have none, Nada. Zilch

Coco Bryce
07-05-2014, 10:03 PM
If getting relegated means getting rid of RP then so be it.

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 10:06 PM

Really?

Diclonius
07-05-2014, 10:11 PM

Nope.

madhatter
07-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Really?

Tiny part of me has similar thinking. If we win and stay up, this will just start over again next season. We will support team on Sat, Petrie will be happy at attendance. An abysmal team will be formed, manager will get blame for poor run of form. Throw in a sacking, Petrie gets reprieve and the relegation fight occurs again.

It appears most Hibs fans don't want to take action and supporting the team always comes first no matter how visibly sickening they've been for years. For this reason, I hope something forces the bulk of fans to think "nah, screw supporting the team no matter what, I've suffered this for years. Give me something to support for once or get take ****".

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2014, 10:16 PM

Fair play you're certainly covering all the bases.

inglisavhibs
07-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Granted but I won't celebrate result. Relief isn't the same as pride. I will celebrate a goal but that is impulse. Aberdeen have not been as bad as us for as long as us recently. Recovery requires change and I see no change on the horizon. Another thing about Aberdeen is there is more care and passion from board/owner level. We have none, Nada. Zilch
Wrong, Aberdeen have been equally inept over a number of seasons, crowds were down to their lowest for a long time and the fans wanted the board out. The same board are there now and the manager turned it round by signing a few players in the latter stages of their careers (Flood, Robson and Anderson) They got a bit of momentum going, the crowds gradually returned and they added Rooney at Christmas. Arguably their biggest player this season has been Pawlett, a player they were about to release after an unsuccesful loan period at St Johnstone.

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Tiny part of me has similar thinking. If we win and stay up, this will just start over again next season. We will support team on Sat, Petrie will be happy at attendance. An abysmal team will be formed, manager will get blame for poor run of form. Throw in a sacking, Petrie gets reprieve and the relegation fight occurs again.

It appears most Hibs fans don't want to take action and supporting the team always comes first no matter how visibly sickening they've been for years. For this reason, I hope something forces the bulk of fans to think "nah, screw supporting the team no matter what, I've suffered this for years. Give me something to support for once or get take ****".

Rod's moving in to the background now. Relegation would be an utter catastrophe. We need to focus on staying up first and foremost - personalities, who's good for the cause and who isn't, all that needs to be out of our minds for the next few days.

I have to say, though, if ever there was a barometer of how bad things are, it's your good self, mh. You burst on the scene like a bundle of excited kittens, but now look at you! 'Mon the kittens!!! :greengrin

madhatter
07-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Wrong, Aberdeen have been equally inept over a number of seasons, crowds were down to their lowest for a long time and the fans wanted the board out. The same board are there now and the manager turned it round by signing a few players in the latter stages of their careers (Flood, Robson and Anderson) They got a bit of momentum going, the crowds gradually returned and they added Rooney at Christmas. Arguably their biggest player this season has been Pawlett, a player they were about to release after an unsuccesful loan period at St Johnstone.

I'm pretty sure that in the last 4-8 years we've been pretty much consistently worse than Aberdeen. They've had good European games against big teams and done well. We've pretty much capitulated in Every big match. We can argue this point until we are blue in the face. My question would be what tells you this time will be any different?

madhatter
07-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Rod's moving in to the background now. Relegation would be an utter catastrophe. We need to focus on staying up first and foremost - personalities, who's good for the cause and who isn't, all that needs to be out of our minds for the next few days.

I have to say, though, if ever there was a barometer of how bad things are, it's your good self, mh. You burst on the scene like a bundle of excited kittens, but now look at you! 'Mon the kittens!!! :greengrin

I fear for the future of my club. Whether we go down or not. You can judge me and my ways however you want. You can joke, you can slag me, you can slate me but like many here I want to support my club. I take onboard your point about Petrie going into background - shame I just have an image of him standing behind Leann, watching what she's doing. I have no faith in the man or the board. Funny a poster on here is quicker to get ridiculed for his ways than a figurehead of the club that has been spearheading a malaise. Oh well, I guess...

Hibee-Wylie
07-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Pitch invasion so we don't have to see them at the end

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 10:44 PM
I fear for the future of my club. Whether we go down or not. You can judge me and my ways however you want. You can joke, you can slag me, you can slate me but like many here I want to support my club. I take onboard your point about Petrie going into background - shame I just have an image of him standing behind Leann, watching what she's doing. I have no faith in the man or the board. Funny a poster on here is quicker to get ridiculed for his ways than a figurehead of the club that has been spearheading a malaise. Oh well, I guess...

Chief, I'm deffo not slagging you. I like the approach you've come in with. Just saying you seem a bit down in the mouth compared to the devil-may-care way you started up on here, and that kind of sums up how we've all been winded thanks to Hibs kicking us all in the proverbials of late. If they can bring you down, we're done for!

madhatter
07-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Chief, I'm deffo not slagging you. I like the approach you've come in with. Just saying you seem a bit down in the mouth compared to the devil-may-care way you started up on here, and that kind of sums up how we've all been winded thanks to Hibs kicking us all in the proverbials of late. If they can bring you down, we're done for!

Well to be fair I think most Hibs fans are only ever at one end of the emotional spectrum. Or thereabouts. Plus I'd say 50% of my posts have been really positive. Whilst others are very negative with obvious reasons for gloom. The remaining are likely to be random rubbish posts. Nevertheless I am concerned about Ouroboros, Groundhog day, deja vu effect that is apparent at Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2014, 11:12 PM
If we win I will go mental when we score.

I will then leave the ground grateful that yet another pathetic season has come to an end and wonder if the clubs owner could be arsed to cheer his possession to survival.

I'll spare a thought for our young players who I hope will come through this season less damaged than I think they must be, being asked to carry this team.

I will spend the closed season praying that either STF and RP will come to realise that they must invest real money in the team, or that they find someone who will. If neither of these things happen get ready for more seasons like this one .............. They should be embarrassed at the level to which they have allowed this great club to sink. Not to mention how much they have let down the best fans in Scotland.

GGT ........ Our Hibees !!!

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 11:25 PM
I will go mental if we score, and even more mental if we win, because I love Hibs and cannot take them being relegated for the second time in my lifetime. Especially knowing this time, we are unlikely to come straight back up.

Will I stay for a lap of honour? No.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 12:56 AM

Good post. A few of the players are not good enough but wanted to play better. We need a purple patch to get any improvement in the near term. Maybe a purple away strip next season might help.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Applaud the team off, leave before any lap of honour then have a few pints in the 4 that will start off quiet and get gradually louder.

I'm then expected to attend a Eurovision party my other halfs friend is organising so I'll fake an illness later on in the boozer, head home, wait until she goes out then have a few cans watching something on Netflix.

I recommend House of Cards.

inglisavhibs
08-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that in the last 4-8 years we've been pretty much consistently worse than Aberdeen. They've had good European games against big teams and done well. We've pretty much capitulated in Every big match. We can argue this point until we are blue in the face. My question would be what tells you this time will be any different?
Nine seasons prior to this one, Aberdeen's average league finish was 5.6 and Hibs was 5.7 so almost identical. Hibs also won a cup and got to two other cup finals whereas Aberdeen didn't reach any finals. All irrelevant now as Aberdeen have changed their fortunes for the better and we have got worse. It won't be any better next year unless we get better players and that's down to the manager. Clubs with much lesser budgets than Hibs seem to manage it. I think we all agree that even if we are lucky enough to stay up there needs to be change in the way the club is run on the football side as Hibs really should be better than this.

kdhibees1
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to tear the heid right aff it if we stay up.
:faf:

leggeto
08-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I'll be off at full time,need to forget this season their no getting my thanks for around 20 odd games of that pish

marinello59
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I agree entirely. When I left the ground at the end of the Malmo game I expected some form of action outside the main stand such was the level of my rage, but as Hibs fans we're always told to calm down and be reasonable, it's not Hibs 'style' - it'll come good. Walked away and thought it would happen again after further Fenlon failures, but no. Other fans go mental cause they haven't won the league, but we're the worst team in the division by some way and every inept performance is succeeded by another, so how come we've not reacted? Is it cause we're so punch drunk?

:fuming:

There was a demonstration outside the West Stand after Fenlon's final derby defeat.

Fergus52
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM

If there's no other passes on then that becomes the only option.

I didn't see the game against RC but for most of the season our movement off the ball had been dire.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
What do we do as fans if we stay up?

Go to bed late.

Keith_M
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM

We've won two games since 1st January, and haven't won a single game in the last 12.

Does it really make somebody a pessimist to suggest we won't win on Saturday?

tamig
08-05-2014, 04:31 PM

How have they let the club stagnate football wise? Managers have been hired and each and every one has been backed financially. The managers have not used their budgets wisely- with the benefit of hindsight. Are you saying that's a sign of the board letting the club stagnate?

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 04:32 PM

We can't finish 7th but we can finish 8th which is almost £200,000 extra in Prize Money

Onceinawhile
08-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Go to bed late.

Hahaha top post!

Keith_M
08-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Personally, I'll go for a drink and try to forget all about this disastrous season.

Keith_M
08-05-2014, 04:39 PM
We can't finish 7th but we can finish 8th which is almost £200,000 extra in Prize Money

We could sign another James Collins for that!

:devil:

1two
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
How have they let the club stagnate football wise? Managers have been hired and each and every one has been backed financially. The managers have not used their budgets wisely- with the benefit of hindsight. Are you saying that's a sign of the board letting the club stagnate?

I'd say its a sign of the board hiring the wrong managers.
I'd also say the board are out of touch with the fans and it's them who have stagnated.

We need big changes at the top to get our club back on tracks. I just hope it's not too late.

Salisbury Hibby
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM

You've got to realise that the Wednesday night games hadn't finished when I posted that. As it stood then, it was feasible. Obviously, the situation has changed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Salisbury Hibby
08-05-2014, 04:47 PM

Why not offer a large win bonus to the whole first team squad. That may work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

tamig
08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I'd say its a sign of the board hiring the wrong managers.
I'd also say the board are out of touch with the fans and it's them who have stagnated.

We need big changes at the top to get our club back on tracks. I just hope it's not too late.
I'm hoping Ms Dempster will go some way to freshening things up at the top. Hindsight (again) shows the wrong managers have been hired. However, I don't recall an overwhelming majority condemning any of the appoinments at the time.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm hoping Ms Dempster will go some way to freshening things up at the top. Hindsight (again) shows the wrong managers have been hired. However, I don't recall an overwhelming majority condemning any of the appoinments at the time.

Butcher was certainly a pretty popular appointment with his proven track record with Caley being cited. Plenty were demanding that Petrie pay the money to get Malpas and Marcela here too.

The_Exile
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Go home, open a bottle of Black Label, phone my dad and ask him for the umpteenth time why he made me support Hibs, close my eyes, wake up in July and go through it all again. :agree:

emerald green
08-05-2014, 05:10 PM

Under cover yam?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 05:20 PM
I'll be relieved.

madhatter
08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
If there's no other passes on then that becomes the only option.

I didn't see the game against RC but for most of the season our movement off the ball had been dire.

Granted about the movement but surely you are still presented with taking it past a man? Keeping the ball yourself or even passing it backwards or sideways to someone who can pass wide for someone else to take a man on...shelling it forward for this team should never be an option. If we hadn't shelled ball forward against RC and got involved in head tennis we might have gotten a draw at least. Keep possession and you'll draw games more often at least. Each time they hoof it forward, they would be better to put it out of play near the corner flag and push up and fight for possession there.

madhatter
08-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Is that why we didn't get Griffith's then? Is that why Aberdeen have Rooney? We must be getting McKay if we stay up,that's all I'm saying. What budget are they given? I have an image of Petrie walking into a meeting with TB with a shoestring in his hand and TB going 'eh?'

Sean1875
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Go to the library and revise for my exam on monday.. if we dont get a win on Saturday that might prove to be incredibly difficult. MY FUTURE IS IN HIBS HANDS :greengrin

basehibby
08-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I think that win, lose or draw a dozen or so choruses of
"Hi-ibernian - f*** off midlothian - we'll support you ever more - we'll support you ever more"
..would be most appropriate.

Give the team a boost ahead of the playoffs

...sorry if we win you say? well any excuse to tell any watching Yamtards to f*** off should not be allowed to slip away

rcarter1
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM

Perhaps the use of 'let stagnate' is the wrong way to put it. However the board/Petrie/?, have for one reason or another, been unable to find a formula that is effective. I genuinely believe that an understanding of football -and football management- is lacking in our board. There has been a lot of poor choices, and the latest choice may well turn out to be just as bad (although for the life of me I though they had finally got it right). As for backing financially Im not sure. Clearly our managers have been poor at player selection, but there are also stories of being outbid for wages by competitors that are no 'bigger' than us. In short, to be perfectly honest, I think Petrie is a sensible steady low risk chap with certain business and accounting skills. I don't for one minute think that he is a competitor or ambitious.

ehf
08-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Just a question to see what the overall opinion is? Don't applaud the players at FT on Saturday if we win? Just quietly walk out of the stands? Boo? Organise a protest or get a petition together to get board cleared out with Petrie first? Wait for another year to see what TB, MM with LD's assistance can do - which in all likelihood is Petrie's way of taking the heat off .

Reminds me of the time when the MTV Awards were held at Ocean Terminal in 2003 and I worked myself up into a right tizzy trying to decide how I would react if Kylie, Christina Auguilera, Beyoncé and Madonna pitched up at my place after the show demanding a five-some.

tamig
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Is that why we didn't get Griffith's then? Is that why Aberdeen have Rooney? We must be getting McKay if we stay up,that's all I'm saying. What budget are they given? I have an image of Petrie walking into a meeting with TB with a shoestring in his hand and TB going 'eh?'
The board backed PF handsomely last summer. They then shelled out a fortune to ICT for the new management team. The well was dry come January and loans were all we could secure. If you think the board haven't shelled out a lot on the football side over the course of this season then I'd have to say I feel you're being more than a bit harsh. All in my opinion obviously.

tamig
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Perhaps the use of 'let stagnate' is the wrong way to put it. However the board/Petrie/?, have for one reason or another, been unable to find a formula that is effective. I genuinely believe that an understanding of football -and football management- is lacking in our board. There has been a lot of poor choices, and the latest choice may well turn out to be just as bad (although for the life of me I though they had finally got it right). As for backing financially Im not sure. Clearly our managers have been poor at player selection, but there are also stories of being outbid for wages by competitors that are no 'bigger' than us. In short, to be perfectly honest, I think Petrie is a sensible steady low risk chap with certain business and accounting skills. I don't for one minute think that he is a competitor or ambitious.

I think we will see a big change once Ms Dempster is up and running. I really wish we could have got her in a few years ago. She is an ambitious woman and will shake things up at the club. I'm sure of that.

rcarter1
08-05-2014, 09:31 PM
I think we will see a big change once Ms Dempster is up and running. I really wish we could have got her in a few years ago. She is an ambitious woman and will shake things up at the club. I'm sure of that.

It does seem a positive move. If we were to get relegated, it will be a real acid test for everyone at the club, choosing the right strategy for the season will be essential.