PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stanton

Wotherspiniesta
07-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Just want to take some time out from the misery surrounding the club at the minute to mention the emergence of Stanton.

I think he's been a real standout and is really showing up some of his experienced team mates.

Noticed last night that he was always showing for the ball, constantly trying to make things happen and never let his head drop.

Although we're a team lacking in confidence, young Sam is first name on the team sheet for me.

CallumLaidlaw
07-05-2014, 06:08 PM
I thought yet again. Last night, Sammy was a class apart.

rcarter1
07-05-2014, 06:10 PM
We have a few decent youngsters coming through, and I have high hopes for Forster, Stanton, Harris, and Cummings. Must be tough for them at the minute with all the pressure, but should stand them in good stead if they go on to fight even harder.

Michael
07-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Yup. The only positive of this season is Stanton's breakthrough. Hopefully we stay up and he'll continue his development.

ekhibee
07-05-2014, 06:20 PM
The emergence of Stanton and the continuing quality of the steak pies are the only two positives I can take from this season.

...WentToMowAnSPL
07-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Just want to take some time out from the misery surrounding the club at the minute to mention the emergence ....

OMG I thought that read emergency ! ! !

wick hibby
07-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Clown behind me was shouting Stanton was rubbish +his passing was terrible :confused:

Pete
07-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Clown behind me was shouting Stanton was rubbish +his passing was terrible :confused:

He's been inconsistent lately but you would still pick him as he is indeed a class apart.

He would flourish with better players around him. Sorry, I mean he will flourish when we get better players.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2014, 06:55 PM

I'd agree with that last night.

He's had a wee dip in comparison to his first 5 or 6 games but he's definitely been the bright spot this year.

craigmounthibby
07-05-2014, 06:59 PM
The guy has ability and is encouraged to play with the ball at his feet. Hopefully he'll continue to develop next season - he has considerable potential.

neil7908
07-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks very promising - needs a bit of help in midfield as right now, he is the sole source of creativity.There was one really small bit last night where the ball dropped into midfield. I was getting ready for it to be headed aimlessly forward but Sammy took the ball down, made a little space for himself and played a simple pass. Very basic stuff but he had the confidence and ability to take the ball down in a fairly tight space and then play it on the deck.

PPZPOL
07-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Excellent player and by all accounts a standout way before he actually got his chance in the first team, remember hearing for some time he was far better than what we had in the midfield at that current time.....which turns out to be bang on (apart from Thompson who I do rate).

Will not do him any harm (and a few other guys - Harris springs to mind right away) to work on a good strength and conditioning programme over the summer.

Matt92
07-05-2014, 07:16 PM
I really rate him, just hope he stays injury free unlike Harris.

Really feel for Harris, there is a player in there but his confidence is rock bottom at the moment after his injury. Butcher told us he would drop him to the youth team rest of the season to allow him to build himself but has so far started him every game...completely wrong decision it is harming his development I reckon.

Some really promising youngsters, shame they have no inspiration at the club :rolleyes: