PDA

View Full Version : NHC World Cup 2014

brian6-2
07-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Who we fancying then? Whos going to light the tournament up?

Cant see past the south americans for me, Think its Argentina's year with Uruguay coming close as well.

Think Aguero and Messi will click. Would love to see Neymar pack in his play acting and play football.

Think the Germans will do the best out the european countries and i think England will struggle to get out the group.

yeezus.
07-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I fancy Germany to win it with Brazil not being too far off.

brian6-2
07-05-2014, 04:12 PM
I fancy Germany to win it with Brazil not being too far off.

Pal of mine was at a s****y dinner for charity in london the other week, got chatting to Felix Magaths agent, He said that Klopp turned down the man united job as he has agreed to take over the national team job after the w/c.

CB_NO3
07-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I fancy Spain. Think this could be their last tournament for a while. They have the best team by far and the fact Diego Costa will play will give them a different dimension. I know Brazil beat them last year in the confederations but it was a silly friendly to them. Players like Juan Mata, Koke, David Villa and Raul Garcia probably wont even travel, thats how good their squad is.

If not Spain then Brazil will be hard to beat on their own patch.

The Germans dont have a top sticker which I think will be their downfall, and Argentina dont seem to click together but I suppose that can change.

Mathias Jack
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM
What Group would you label the group of death? Either of these I reckon...13th and 14th in the world rankings, USA and Chile defo aren't mugs
Group B Spain, Netherlands, Chile, AustraliaGroup G Germany, Portugal, Ghana, United States
Either Brazil, Germany or Spain for me to win it...

brian6-2
07-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I fancy Spain. Think this could be their last tournament for a while. They have the best team by far and the fact Diego Costa will play will give them a different dimension. I know Brazil beat them last year in the confederations but it was a silly friendly to them. Players like Juan Mata, Koke, David Villa and Raul Garcia probably wont even travel, thats how good their squad is.

Just announced their squad, no real experience in it. left out ronaldinho, kaka and robinho, rightly so in my opinion but i think you need a good balance of youth and experience.

scuttle
07-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Brazil for me, think Argentina and Spain will run them close though

PeeJay
07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Be astonished if any of the European teams even gets to the final in this tournament in South America - personally, I hope England do well, but they will not win it, can't see Germany winning it either, Spain may well be the best hope for the Europeans. I'd go for Brazil or Argentina - assuming it all gets off the ground, that is ...

Alex Trager
07-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Pal of mine was at a s****y dinner for charity in london the other week, got chatting to Felix Magaths agent, He said that Klopp turned down the man united job as he has agreed to take over the national team job after the w/c.

Nothing to do with his four year contract at Dortmund? Don't mean to sound like a twat btw

I also hold out hope for Spain to win it.

Michael
07-05-2014, 04:50 PM
There are teams with better squads, but I can't look past Brazil. I also think that Portugal will reach the final. Don't know why, just a prediction.

Wighty76
07-05-2014, 05:25 PM
With all the stressing about hibs in recent weeks I forgot that it's only 30 odd days until it starts.

Well looking forward to it. I fancy Brazil to lift the cup.

hfc rd
07-05-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm backing either Argentina or Germany to win it. Think we might have a surprise package as well.

hibsbollah
07-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Argentina.

Belgium will get to the semis and be the only European team in the last four.

cad
07-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Argentina ,Uruguay, or Italy for me,it will be a world cup of shocks IMHO on and of the park

mmmmhibby
07-05-2014, 07:59 PM

The Germans dont have a top sticker which I think will be their downfall, and Argentina dont seem to click together but I suppose that can change.

Spain and Italy both played the germans off the park in the latter stages of the last 2 major tournies IIRC. Spain for me.

sauzeelegod
08-05-2014, 01:50 AM
I'm going for the French

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Belgium will get beat in the semi by Brazil who will beat the winner of Germany vs Argentina semi in the final.

HKhibby
08-05-2014, 05:03 AM
Be astonished if any of the European teams even gets to the final in this tournament in South America - personally, I hope England do well, but they will not win it, can't see Germany winning it either, Spain may well be the best hope for the Europeans. I'd go for Brazil or Argentina - assuming it all gets off the ground, that is ...

Brazil / Germany final for me, England will go out around the quarters...maybe the semis, i dont think Argentina and Uruguay will do it, strangely because it is in south america. brazil on the other hand is the host

pontius pilate
08-05-2014, 05:46 AM
Brazil uruguay belguim and a shock for the semis then anything can happen

brian6-2
08-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Nothing to do with his four year contract at Dortmund? Don't mean to sound like a twat btw

I also hold out hope for Spain to win it.

Passing on what I was told. Might be pish, might no.

Contracts can be bought out, I'm sure the German FA aren't short of a bob or two.

And knowing klopp, a man who breathes football it wouldn't surprise me if he took on both jobs.

DH1875
08-05-2014, 07:56 AM
What's the situation with Falcao. Is he gonna be fit for the world cup? If so then Colombia have a decent outside chance of doing something. Argintina's and Uruguy's defence would worry me if I were a fan.

brian6-2
08-05-2014, 08:04 AM
What's the situation with Falcao. Is he gonna be fit for the world cup? If so then Colombia have a decent outside chance of doing something. Argintina's and Uruguy's defence would worry me if I were a fan.

Argentina have their best defence in years, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mascherano, Garay, and the lad Rojo from sporting is wanted by all the top clubs in europe. as is otamendi who plays in brazil for miniero.

Matty_Jack04
08-05-2014, 08:17 AM
I think Argentina have there best chance in a long time strong at the back not sure about midfield but the options upfront are frightening with messi aguero higuain lavezzi, fancy Uruguay to be about the semi's and France to be the European's best chance of a win hoping Belgium do well for some reason, think it could be a good tournament though looking forward too it

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Hope Belgium do well.

Want Spain to win it.

RoslinInstHibby
08-05-2014, 11:27 AM
england wont get out the group stage, fancy Argentina to win it....

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2014, 11:31 AM
england wont get out the group stage, fancy Argentina to win it....

oh i hope so, then i'l start watching some games, and enjoying them

patlowe
08-05-2014, 12:22 PM
It's amazing how many people are writing off Spain - they've won every major international tournament going for the last generation. I personally can't see any reason why they wouldn't be favourites again.

Gus
08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
oh i hope so, then i'l start watching some games, and enjoying them

:blah:

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
:blah:

:blah: ABE

Haymaker
08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
It's amazing how many people are writing off Spain - they've won every major international tournament going for the last generation. I personally can't see any reason why they wouldn't be favourites again.

Personally I think it will be one tournament too far, most of their players have been playing all year round for 6 years, reckon it will hit them at the semi finals. No doubt they have to quality that they may do it, just think it's too much this time.

Don't think much of the Brazil forward line but home advantage is always great, Argentina and Germany are strong contenders but I reckon Belgium will do well.

SteveHFC
08-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Argentina or Germany will win it :agree:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Fancy Brazil, Argentina or Spain.
Think the trip over for the Confederations Cup last year will have done Spain the world of good.

I'll be supporting England and Germany as usual.

Reaper
08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Fancy Brazil, Argentina or Spain.
Think the trip over for the Confederations Cup last year will have done Spain the world of good.

I'll be supporting England and Germany as usual.

I fancy Uruguay or Argentina but would like an outsider like Belgium or Colmbia to win it!

Gus
08-05-2014, 03:11 PM
:blah: ABE

Although I would love to see England win it, I am confident we won't.

But I hope we get to the Final just so you won't watch any of the World Cup :na na:

PeeJay
08-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Although I would love to see England win it, I am confident we won't.

But I hope we get to the Final just so you won't watch any of the World Cup :na na:

You're right about England not winning it, but it would be good to see Britain's sole representative at the championships giving a good account of themselves ...

The Green Goblin
08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I think England will struggle terribly in the suffocating heat of Manaus at midday (insane decision to hold the game then btw). Italy will also find it hard, but I think their better technical skills will edge it for them. It's going to be a tortuous match to watch. I can see a Suarez-inspired Uruguay thumping England here in SP too. I've no grudge against England, I just think that's how it will play out.

The reaction to the Brazil squad here has been mixed, with the most common disagreement being that people feel the squad is "pesada", or "heavy". I think they'll do okay though.

I personally have a feeling about Argentina. If it's between them and Germany, then I think they will last longer, due to the stamina-sapping two games Germany must play in the NE of Brazil in the group stages. That will have consequences.

Tv here has been saturated with world cup adverts (McDonald's etc.) and now it's really unbearable. I have posted my thoughts about Brazil hosting the world cup elsewhere on the forum, but with each passing day, I just get more and more cynical. However, I'm sure that something good will come out of it as well, somehow. Not sure what though.

Oh, and pray for all the fans arriving atthe airports in SP and RIo. They will need it.....

heretoday
08-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Argentina for me. They'd loov to win it in Brazil.

Bronson
08-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Think Argentina's defence will let them down, the likes of Demichelis, Walter Samuel etc are the more established defenders I can think they would have and I don't think that's good enough anymore. Never fancied that Demichelis at all actually but Samuel was a class act in his day.

Brazil for me, outstanding record on home soil and ripped Spain apart at the Confederations Cup. Germany were my pick for Euro 2012 but I don't fancy them as much for this WC, not sure why.

Belgium, Uruguay and Columbia all dark horses, but never write off Italy - always there or there abouts.

lobster
08-05-2014, 07:52 PM
England to do very well reaching the semi-finals and us voting Yes in sept as a direct consequence of the incessant 1966 hysteria on the telly.
Brazil to beat Italy in the final

brian6-2
12-05-2014, 12:37 PM
England squad announcement shortly.

Carrick and Ashley Cole not going.