PDA

View Full Version : Sauzee

InterviewLoI
07-05-2014, 03:09 PM
We need to sell STs for next season, regardless of where we are. Any hope of the board giving Franck a token role in a hope to boost sales? It can be something relatively small, but he'll be involved and might bring some folk back

Michael
07-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Sauzee will never be back while Rod is around.

EDIT: although I would love to see him back!

puff the dragon
07-05-2014, 03:11 PM
We need to sell STs for next season, regardless of where we are. Any hope of the board giving Franck a token role in a hope to boost sales? It can be something relatively small, but he'll be involved and might bring some folk back

biggest problem with that is he doesn't care. Sauzee stopped caring about hibs when the pay cheques stopped.

I'd rather Collins back, but that would never happen as long as Petrie is around continuing his regime of failure.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 03:15 PM
biggest problem with that is he doesn't care. Sauzee stopped caring about hibs when the pay cheques stopped.

I'd rather Collins back, but that would never happen as long as Petrie is around continuing his regime of failure.

That's not true. He doesn't like Petrie or the way he was treated at the end. Nothing at all to do with money.

mcfly
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Hibs treated him terribly.

Best player we will ever see in a hibs jersey.

He got less time than the current manager!!

puff the dragon
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
That's not true. He doesn't like Petrie or the way he was treated at the end. Nothing at all to do with money.

Very few hibs fans like Petrie either but don't just stay away.

i enjoyed the sauzee years too, they were good times but in the past. Time to accept it was just a good team and moved on. That team didn't play for the love of hibs, they played for the cash we offered so we shouldn't expect loyalty like we get from Stanton, weir, wright etc.

brian6-2
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM

steady.

Jamesie
07-05-2014, 03:21 PM

As much as I'd love to disagree with you, it is very difficult to mount the argument that Sauzee's disassociation with the club is all about the way he was treated by the board. There have been enough attempts by fans to re-engage him in fan-led initiatives that have fallen on deaf ears to make me think that he has severed ties entirely from Hibs.

Peevemor

Petrie was the only board member that voted to keep him on. :confused:

Jamesie

i enjoyed the sauzee years too, they were good times but in the past. Time to accept it was just a good team and moved on. That team didn't play for the love of hibs, they played for the cash we offered so we shouldn't expect loyalty like we get from Stanton, weir, wright etc.

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Sauzee, there's only one Sauzee.

Hibeesmad
07-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Would a Sauzee half time guest appearance create a sell out for Saturday?

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Would a Sauzee half time guest appearance create a sell out for Saturday?

No.

Mon Dieu4
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM

if i got my teeth knocked out at work i wouldn't finish my shift, of course he did it for the money, but i genuinely believe he loved the club, he is probably perfectly happy back in France, just because he doesn't appear every time we ask him doesn't change a thing for me, adds to the mystique

The_Exile
07-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Franck has washed his hands of football and has the odd guest commentary gig on French TV I think? Most footballers do completely disconnect from the game once their playing days are over. I'm willing to bet that if Real Madrid offered him the managers job he'd refuse it as he'd probably rather sit with a bottle of red, fishing, whilst watching the sun go down. :not worth

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Aw naw!!! As if the Hibee world wasn't depressing enough, someone's gone and mentioned Franck. :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Franck has washed his hands of football and has the odd guest commentary gig on French TV I think? Most footballers do completely disconnect from the game once their playing days are over. I'm willing to bet that if Real Madrid offered him the managers job he'd refuse it as he'd probably rather sit with a bottle of red, fishing, whilst watching the sun go down. :not worth

Nonsense! He does loads of TV stuff (at least once a week) and has done since he left Hibs. He's also does the commentaries for the FIFA series of console games (since FIFA 06).

stevejordan
07-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Sauzee will never be back while Rod is around.

EDIT: although I would love to see him back!

Must add this to the ever growing list of why Petrie should be banished for ever from Easter Road

puff the dragon
07-05-2014, 03:57 PM
if i got my teeth knocked out at work i wouldn't finish my shift, of course he did it for the money, but i genuinely believe he loved the club, he is probably perfectly happy back in France, just because he doesn't appear every time we ask him doesn't change a thing for me, adds to the mystique

I'm arguing when he was here he cared, he earned his salary and showed the required passion and that's why we loved him. Now there is no reason for him to show that passion or for us to expect it as he's not a local lad and wasn't born one of us.

Of our foreign imports I'd say beuzelin is the one who has come out the biggest hibs man.

jacomo
07-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Indeed. We'd have survived that season if he'd stayed too - I know it in my bones.

How things might have turned out eh?

mcfly
07-05-2014, 04:23 PM
steady.

Just how many champions league winners are hibs likely to attract in the future?

Please enlighten us with names of better players than frank sauzee to put in a hibs jersey.

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Must add this to the ever growing list of why Petrie should be banished for ever from Easter Road

Except RP and Sauzée didn't fall out.

RIP Bestie
09-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Just how many champions league winners are hibs likely to attract in the future?

Please enlighten us with names of better players than frank sauzee to put in a hibs jersey.
Son , you're obviously no very auld!!

ManBearPig
09-05-2014, 04:54 AM

There have been many players that have signed for hibs of better pedigree(best) and some that went on to be better!(baker) I will concede that at 31 years old he is one of the best I have seen with my own eyes.

HKhibby
09-05-2014, 06:32 AM

Wasnt Malcolm Mcpherson the chairman around the Sauzee time? Not RP

HKhibby
09-05-2014, 06:35 AM

i think Malcolm Mcpherson was the chairman around the Sauzee time not Petrie?

Flanny boy
09-05-2014, 07:13 AM
i think Malcolm Mcpherson was the chairman around the Sauzee time not Petrie?
You are correct in thinking this my friend

offshorehibby
09-05-2014, 07:42 AM
You are correct in thinking this my friend

So what the F is Frank Sauzee going to do at ER with his years and years if coaching experience. It was only last week somebody was moaning about having to pay a new CEO.

mcfly
09-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Son , you're obviously no very auld!!

I'm auld enough to have seen george best play for hibs pal.

SunshineOnLeith
09-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Nonsense! He does loads of TV stuff (at least once a week) and has done since he left Hibs. He's also does the commentaries for the FIFA series of console games (since FIFA 06).

Really? I'm playing FIFA in french from now on!

southsider
09-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Ok but did you see PS (king paddy) the greatest Hibs man EVER. The Baker Boy (full england cap whilst at Hibs and at 19) and will never happen again. Peter Marinello - the new george best, who alas was sold too soon to be a real hero here but whose ability took my breath away at times. But we all have our fav players.

GreenArmyyy!
09-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm arguing when he was here he cared, he earned his salary and showed the required passion and that's why we loved him. Now there is no reason for him to show that passion or for us to expect it as he's not a local lad and wasn't born one of us.

Of our foreign imports I'd say beuzelin is the one who has come out the biggest hibs man.

Only being 21, Beuzelin is my Sauzee.

brian6-2
09-05-2014, 01:08 PM

Are you on the wind up?

Sauzee was great for hibs, but weve had better.

RIP Bestie
09-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Fair enough but your challenge was a bit ridiculous

oregonhibby
09-05-2014, 02:13 PM
That is the beauty of this game, everyone has their heroes. Pat Stanton was mine. Sauzee was peerless at the time and his attitude on the park showed what a winner he was. I felt George Best was well past his best but still better than most in Scotland at the time.

But Pat was the man. From the same part of Edinburgh. He is still my hero today as he always has time to talk and pass on a joke.

Number69
09-05-2014, 02:15 PM
If you want Sauzee stick Fifa on and change commentary to French

Flanny boy
09-05-2014, 04:21 PM
So what the F is Frank Sauzee going to do at ER with his years and years if coaching experience. It was only last week somebody was moaning about having to pay a new CEO.
I was only saying that Malcolm m was chairman
when frank was sacked,that's all mate

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2014, 04:32 PM

Wow, we're that starved of any sort of success we've resorted to pishing contests about how old we are.

Kaiser1962
09-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Petrie was the only board member that voted to keep him on. :confused:

Correct

Two for two. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Nae mair past heros ............ Its the bloody future I'm worried about. Perhaps the odd appearance of one of our strikers in the penalty box would encourage more fans to come

Luv ya Franck.

oregonhibby
09-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Correct

Two for two. :aok:

There wasn't a vote. RP was beside himself because of the respect he had for FS.

N.Wales Hibby
09-05-2014, 06:00 PM
That is the beauty of this game, everyone has their heroes. Pat Stanton was mine. Sauzee was peerless at the time and his attitude on the park showed what a winner he was. I felt George Best was well past his best but still better than most in Scotland at the time.

But Pat was the man. From the same part of Edinburgh. He is still my hero today as he always has time to talk and pass on a joke.

Could not agree more. If only we had someone like him for tomorrow.

emerald green
09-05-2014, 06:26 PM

I can think of numerous Hibs players who were better than Sauzee IMO. Do you mean players before or since Sauzee's time at ER?

big gogs
09-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Pat Stanton,my first game was back in 1964.very few came close to him since then,but sauzee was next,and the late George best was a class act.to young to have seen the famous five,but my late father in law worshiped Gordon smith

Jamesie
09-05-2014, 07:17 PM
This thread got me thinking about how former players have reacted when coming back to Easter Road. The lasting memory I have is of Jim Leighton, who when playing for Aberdeen after leaving Hibs would go out of his way to applaud the Hibs fans before any appearance. A class act.

eastterrace
09-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Pat Stanton,my first game was back in 1964.very few came close to him since then,but sauzee was next,and the late George best was a class act.to young to have seen the famous five,but my late father in law worshiped Gordon smith

sorry dont agree about best being a class act.he was way passed his sell by date when he came to us. he just loved the bevvy. he was a great player at one time but the drink took hold and that was that.

emerald green
09-05-2014, 07:20 PM

Agree mate. Pat was a far better player than Sauzee IMO. The following Hibs players did not all play in the same position as Sauzee, but IMO they were better footballers - Joe Baker, Willie Hamilton (I think the late Jock Stein thought Hamilton was one of the best he had seen) Jimmy O'Rourke, Alex Edwards, John Brownlie, Alan Gordon, to name a few. I wasn't lucky enough to see the Famous Five either. My dad's hero was Gordon Smith too.

Jonnyboy
09-05-2014, 07:22 PM

Mine too. A fabulous footballer and a wonderful human being :agree:

Stuarty27
09-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Franck is the best player I have ever seen play for Hibs...

He was so good it was unreal.

Forever remember that free kick he scored vs Falkirk on the last game of his first season. Tremendous

Cracker
09-05-2014, 07:35 PM

Gogs from 61 I've seen them all , Stanton was and is with out doubt in my mind the BEST of them all the complete footballer, international class then and without doubt in today's arena World class, with one or two exceptions Turnballs tornadoes were In the same bracket, Christ how I wish the foot balling clock could be turned back! On George best, well if the demon drink had not got to him I believe he would have gone down in history as the greatest player ever rather than one of the best!

Stantons Angel
09-05-2014, 07:50 PM

I have read some rubbish on this site over the years and am sorry to say its still going on!!!

IMO Sauzee was the best "import" we will ever see in a Hibs strip not to mention Pat Stanton's no 4 jersey.
Allowing the fans their way when looking for a new manager was the worst thing that could have happened!

Being French Franck is a man of honour and trust, he gave his all to the club and his heart to us the fans..

He was so proud to be Captain of our club and then manager. It didnt work out and he wasnt given time by the board to put things in perspective..... The way he was treated was abominable and his pride was hurt.

To a Frenchman this is as if his honour had been called into question and he may have felt that he had been discarded by the club........

To this day he has, as far as im aware, never set a foot in Easter Road Stadium and wont if Petrie is here!

This has NEVER been about money or discarding his love for Hibs, its about the respect that should have been given and to a man who had played at every level in football it was a slur on his name!

Im sorry but i dont agree with the poster and i know that this is your opinion and you are entitled to it....

But to think the Franck Sauzee no longer cares for Hibs and only played for the money is so utterly WRONG!

You dont have to agree with me but this is my opinion.

oregonhibby
09-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Pat a Rolls Royce. Onion a thoroughbred. Cropley a sodjer. Edwards a hair trigger genius. Sloop, well laid back and mr cool. Jimmy, one of us and a highland terrier. Gordon was equally elegant but in a different way, a target man and a goal scorer. Shades a beast. Duncan, speed to burn, erratic but key. Heriot, safe with eye make up. Black, dependable and did was it said on the tin.

My team. Along with every team since. Like Dr Who, you map your life on it. Troughton is the only Dr!

jdships
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM

ONE of the best :rolleyes:

jdships
09-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Think you will find RP did not have anything to do with Sauzee being sacked .
Speak with the authors of the various books written re Hibs

Cracker
09-05-2014, 08:04 PM
I have read some rubbish on this site over the years and am sorry to say its still going on!!!

IMO Sauzee was the best "import" we will ever see in a Hibs strip not to mention Pat Stanton's no 4 jersey.
Allowing the fans their way when looking for a new manager was the worst thing that could have happened!

Being French Franck is a man of honour and trust, he gave his all to the club and his heart to us the fans..

He was so proud to be Captain of our club and then manager. It didnt work out and he wasnt given time by the board to put things in perspective..... The way he was treated was abominable and his pride was hurt.

To a Frenchman this is as if his honour had been called into question and he may have felt that he had been discarded by the club........

To this day he has, as far as im aware, never set a foot in Easter Road Stadium and wont if Petrie is here!

This has NEVER been about money or discarding his love for Hibs, its about the respect that should have been given and to a man who had played at every level in football it was a slur on his name!

Im sorry but i dont agree with the poster and i know that this is your opinion and you are entitled to it....

But to think the Franck Sauzee no longer cares for Hibs and only played for the money is so utterly WRONG!

Please correct me if I'm on the wrong tract here ( too much vino) but I thought it was a guy McPherson who hired and fired Frank, where does Petrie fit in here?

jdships
09-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Please correct me if I'm on the wrong tract here ( too much vino) but I thought it was a guy McPherson who hired and fired Frank, where does Petrie fit in here?

:top marks:thumbsup::agree:

hibsbollah
09-05-2014, 08:17 PM

Great post.

Cracker
09-05-2014, 08:22 PM
:top marks:thumbsup::agree:

Thank you 😁😁😁😁😗

Cracker
09-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Great post.

Sorry but " Great post" no! Good post yes full of passion for a great player but again " where does Petrie fit in" ? I'm confused!

Peevemor
09-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Sorry but " Great post" no! Good post yes full of passion for a great player but again " where does Petrie fit in" ? I'm confused!

Look - he just does! Go with the flow man!

Cracker
09-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Look - he just does! Go with the flow man!

Omg ! thank you , my wife hesitates to call me a MAN !😁