PDA

View Full Version : Get the infrastructure right and its 3 2 1 blast off.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Well that's was the biggest load of crap the board gave us in my living history as a fan. Get the infrastructure right and it will relegate us probably would not have worked as a slogan i suppose? :rolleyes:

mutley
07-05-2014, 03:26 PM
The infrastructure is now there and complete, what excuses can they come up with now? Anything to not spend on players

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Well that's was the biggest load of crap the board gave us in my living history as a fan. Get the infrastructure right and it will relegate us probably would not have worked as a slogan i suppose? :rolleyes:It was only finished in 2010, I think what is required from you and others is just a bit of patience. :agree: We're only seven years in tae the five year plan, still ten tae go (at least). :agree:

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Well that's was the biggest load of crap the board gave us in my living history as a fan. Get the infrastructure right and it will relegate us probably would not have worked as a slogan i suppose? :rolleyes:

Looks like the board were right with this 3-2-1 plan as we've ended up with Dusty Bin.

Is Rodders Ted Rogers in disguise.

Answers on a postcard to.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Looks like the board were right with this 3-2-1 plan as we've ended up with Dusty Bin.

Is Rodders Ted Rogers in disguise.

Answers on a postcard to.we dinnae even get Dusty bin http://www.suasnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/dusty1.gif we get Lavy Pan https://img0.etsystatic.com/024/0/8844418/il_340x270.543357318_7euv.jpg

HibsMax
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I was a big supporter of getting the infrastructure in place but I always maintained that once things were in place, the team has to be the top priority.

It would be interesting to know the count of how many players have come through ER in the last 5 years and how that compares with other teams.

I think stability is important and Hibs are as stable as a 1 legged horse.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 03:41 PM
we dinnae even get Dusty bin http://www.suasnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/dusty1.gif we get Lavy Pan https://img0.etsystatic.com/024/0/8844418/il_340x270.543357318_7euv.jpg

Waiting for all the puns to start now. Look what you've done. :agree:

greenpaper55
07-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Waiting for all the puns to start now. Look what you've done. :agree:

A pan with Petries face at the bottom would be a good start.

Pete
07-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Get lots of threads saying the same thing (board/Petrie bashing) and it's 3 2 1 merge?

Weir7
07-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Get lots of threads saying the same thing (board/Petrie bashing) and it's 3 2 1 merge?

Because there is plenty examples over the last twenty years of petries incompetence

Vini1875
07-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Having a good infrastructure is important though, but that by itself will not bring success. From board level down with the exception of a few individuals we have a poor psycology at the club. Rod Petrie for one is able to defend the performance of the club year after year, he never declares that results are not good enough and we will endeavour to do better. STF never declares any type of unhappiness at the way things have been going. This type of chat goes all the way through the club, defend and deflect. I don't neccessary want to see heads roll when we lose but an honest assessment of that was not good enough and we'll redouble our efforts.

Success is not guaranteed it is earned, but a good infrastructure is at least a platform to work from.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Is your point that we shouldn't have bothered with East mains or sorting out the midden of an East Stand then? Or are you just going to throw muck at absolutely everything to do with Hibs because that will somehow help?

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Is your point that we shouldn't have bothered with East mains or sorting out the midden of an East Stand then? Or are you just going to throw muck at absolutely everything to do with Hibs because that will somehow help?

Do you know what, i'm not sure anymore if spending the amount of money we did on both those projects was worth it. Neither will be needed much in the lower division, and the cost will be a further burden while down there.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2014, 05:19 PM
To be fair the stands and EM are all built now, they will have on costs but our biggest waste of money in recent years has been paying off managers and paying up contracts of duds signed by them.

147lothian
07-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Do you know what, i'm not sure anymore if spending the amount of money we did on both those projects was worth it. Neither will be needed much in the lower division, and the cost will be a further burden while down there.

The boards business plan, of not spending on the playing squad got us to where we are. This just wait till the infrastructure are in place argument was one that most bought into, but it has to be time for new thinking at the top to take the club forward

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 05:29 PM
What is the five year plan?

To extend it another 5 years.

The Modfather
07-05-2014, 06:03 PM
It's a genuine question to see if people know about the thing they slag off.
You've set the bar.

That's the whole point. Mysterious, probably non existent, unaccountable, smoke and mirrors. I forget if i'm talking about Petrie or the fabled 5 year plan.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 06:05 PM
What is the five year plan?Something made up by Petrie tae fob people off at the last QANA session.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:10 PM

That's hindsight though.
We are in trouble now despite having the infrastructure in place, not because of it. Which is probably a more damning verdict on our performance over the past few seasons.

Itsnoteasy
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM

I think when TB said lets make this place a FORTRESS,he was havin a laugh. I can't even saying his name now I get the dry boke

Bostonhibby
07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
It's a genuine question to see if people know about the thing they slag off.
You've set the bar.

First mention I heard was from RP at last AGM (or one before?) - the devil is probably in the detail which I can honestly say I haven't seen or heard - whatever it is though we are well into it.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 06:22 PM
First mention I heard was from RP at last AGM (or one before?) - the devil is probably in the detail which I can honestly say I haven't seen or heard - whatever it is though we are well into it.So this club is/has actually been run tae a plan then? That makes it even ****in' worse, **** wants ****in' stringin' up.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:23 PM
That's hindsight though.
We are in trouble now despite having the infrastructure in place, not because of it. Which is probably a more damning verdict on our performance over the past few seasons.

Only 'hindsight' for some :wink: I was lambasted for stating this would happen..

The East was never justifiable, needed nor should have been funded in the short-term/short-sighted (like EM) manner it was.

RP created a scenario after we had built the training centre/East Stand and had sold the last of the golden generation whereby there was:

a) No money

b) A big increase in the cost base

c) A poor squad - where better were replaced by poorer

Add in little talent coming through, and a series of poor managerial appointments and he created the perfect mess - and, what is repeatedly ignored by his apologists - he has no means of stopping the rot. He's compounded it .. and we may be heading lower yet...

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:25 PM
]Only 'hindsight' for some :wink: I was lambasted for stating this would happen..

[/B]The East was never justifiable, needed nor should have been funded in the short-term/short-sighted (like EM) manner it was.

RP created a scenario after we had built the training centre/East Stand and had sold the last of the golden generation whereby there was:

a) No money

Add in little talent coming through, and a series of poor managerial appointments and he created the perfect mess - and, what is repeatedly ignored by his apologists - he has no means of stopping the rot. He's compounded it .. and we may be heading lower yet...

Right on cue.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 06:26 PM
That's hindsight though.

Oh yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, i'm glad i wont be paying anymore money towards that.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Right on cue.

I know it hurts. But only one of us is right .. and it's not you :wink:

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Only 'hindsight' for some :wink: I was lambasted for stating this would happen..

The East was never justifiable, needed nor should have been funded in the short-term/short-sighted (like EM) manner it was.

a) No money

You are having a laugh eh ?
Would you rather we still had the ****ty East stand and no training ground.
Please tell me you are at the wind up .
Help me Jebus :greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-05-2014, 06:30 PM
So this club is/has actually been run tae a plan then? That makes it even ****in' worse, **** wants ****in' stringin' up.

The cynics might say it was made up on the hoof? or a secret plan? Least of my concerns at the moment. Lets beat Killie and then sort the mess out once and for all.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I know it hurts. Bot only one of us is right .. and it's not you :wink:

Don't big your ego up even more. What's happening to Hibs just now hurts me. Your constant anti-Petrie diatribes just make me laugh. :wink:

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:32 PM
You are having a laugh eh ?
Would you rather we still had the ****ty East stand and no training ground.
Please tell me you are at the wind up .
Help me Jebus :greengrin

We can revisit the posts :wink:

The things that mattered were neglected. The team should not have been allowed to wither, the fan base should have been protected and built up.

RP got it erse to tit.. and it's not hindsight here.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Don't big your ego up even more. What's happening to Hibs just now hurts me. Your constant anti-Petrie diatribes just make me laugh. :wink:

Hurts me too .. the RP apologists entertain me also :wink:

Pete
07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
:wink:

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Hurts me too .. the RP apologists entertain me also :wink:

So are those who want Petrie gone but have disagreed with your constantly repeated ''insight'' apologists then? :confused:

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:36 PM
We can revisit the posts :wink:

The things that mattered were neglected. The team should not have been allowed to wither, the fan base should have been protected and built up.

RP got it erse to tit.. and it's not hindsight here.

At what point would you have joined it? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:40 PM
So are those who want Petrie gone but have disagreed with your constantly repeated ''insight'' apologists then? :confused:

If they want RP gone, they are hardly his apologists :wink:

I don't see many fans being thankful for the East/EM over our ever-downward spiral..

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:42 PM
At what point would you have joined it? :greengrin

I am sure me - and the many thousands RP has seen lost us - would turn up more often for a good team rather than a comfy seat. Do you not agree?

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:44 PM

I don't see many fans being thankful for the East/EM over our ever-downward spiral..

But we don't all think that East/EM are the cause of our troubles and despite the fact that you keep saying it over and over and over and over again you still haven't proved anything, it's only your opinion.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I am sure me - and the many thousands RP has seen lost us - would turn up more often for a good team rather than a comfy seat. Do you not agree?I agree, :agree:

mind you I'm one of those Petrie out apologists :greengrin

I'd rather watch Mowbray's team on a standing uncovered terrace in the pishin' rain than anything I've watched in the last 7 years.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:48 PM
But we don't all think that East/EM are the cause of our troubles and despite the fact that you keep saying it over and over and over and over again you still haven't proved anything, it's only your opinion.

Aye the falling attendances and poorer league finishes are 'only my opinion' of course.. not facts of course :wink:

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I agree, :agree:

mind you I'm one of those Petrie out apologists :greengrin

I'd rather watch Mowbray's team on a standing uncovered terrace in the pishin' rain than anything I've watched in the last 7 years.

I'd be standing beside ya J :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 06:49 PM

I'm thankful. Would you rather still have a *****hole and no EM's ?
The structure is inplace. Surely even you must like a nice comfy seat for your big ego...Erm I mean Erse :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm thankful. Would you rather still have a *****hole and no EM's ?
The structure is inplace. Surely even you must like a nice comfy seat for your big ego...Erm I mean Erse :greengrin

I have a big bum?!?!? :shocked: :wink: :greengrin

But no, I'd rather stand tbh. Give me the terracing any day!

VivaHiberña
07-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I would just like to point out that although we have the physical infrastructure, that is the actual buildings, pitches etc, in place we haven't actually paid for it yet. I believe we are in around £5.5m of debt and although funding a good team is obviously important, the debt has to be addressed and until then the club won't be able to focus solely on the playing side of things.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Aye the falling attendances and poorer league finishes are 'only my opinion' of course.. not facts of course :wink:

Care to go back and point out to me where I denied that performances and attendances were poor? :confused:

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I have a big bum?!?!? :shocked: :wink: :greengrin

But no, I'd rather stand tbh. Give me the terracing any day!

Been and gone G , been and gone. Just like our looks and sixpack :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:59 PM
I would just like to point out that although we have the physical infrastructure, that is the actual buildings, pitches etc, in place we haven't actually paid for it yet. I believe we are in around £5.5m of debt and although funding a good team is obviously important, the debt has to be addressed and until then the club won't be able to focus solely on the playing side of things.

And fewer bums on seats makes that more and more difficult... making spending on the team more difficult .. making even fewer bums on seats .. making spending on the team more difficult and repeat (c) Rod Petrie

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I would just like to point out that although we have the physical infrastructure, that is the actual buildings, pitches etc, in place we haven't actually paid for it yet. I believe we are in around £5.5m of debt and although funding a good team is obviously important, the debt has to be addressed and until then the club won't be able to focus solely on the playing side of things.The product on the park is paramount or should be but isnae at this club. The only way tae grow any business is tae improve what is for sale. There is something like 4000 people less now watching Hibs than there was in 2006-7 because it ain't worth watching, that's a lot of lost money. Then there's the lost money through poor league placings. The debt will remain, the running costs will remain but there'll be less & less tae pay it with as mair people are lost.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Care to go back and point out to me where I denied that performances and attendances were poor? :confused:

You didn't .. but it's a bi-product of RP's 'strategy' (whatever that is). The facts are plain to see, and RP has got it wrong.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 07:05 PM
The product on the park is paramount or should be but isnae at this club. The only way tae grow any business is tae improve what is for sale. There is something like 4000 people less now watching Hibs than there was in 2006-7 because it ain't worth watching, that's a lot of lost money. Then there's the lost money through poor league placings. The debt will remain, the running costs will remain but there'll be less & less tae pay it with as mair people are lost.

Watch now, that's just your opinion :wink: You're proving nothing with facts

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 07:07 PM
The product on the park is paramount or should be but isnae at this club. The only way tae grow any business is tae improve what is for sale. There is something like 4000 people less now watching Hibs than there was in 2006-7 because it ain't worth watching, that's a lot of lost money. Then there's the lost money through poor league placings. The debt will remain, the running costs will remain but there'll be less & less tae pay it with as mair people are lost.

It is a balancing act, we need to fund the team and build the infrastructure at the same time. The problem here is that see saw has Petrie on one end and Willo Flood on the other, sorry thats wrong we did not sign Flood. It has Petrie on one end and Kuqi and Cairney on the other end.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 07:17 PM
You didn't .. but it's a bi-product of RP's 'strategy' (whatever that is). The facts are plain to see, and RP has got it wrong.
#
In your opinion of course or are your opinions facts?
As I already said I feel we have failed despite having the infrastructure in place, not because of it. RP has got it wrong but IN MY HUMBLE OPINION it was due to the poor managerial appointments he has made resulting in what should have been a sufficient playing budget being wasted.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Watch now, that's just your opinion :wink: You're proving nothing with facts

Aye, keep patronising those who disagree with your opinions. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Aye, keep patronising those who disagree with your opinions. :thumbsup:

You don't of course :thumbsup:

marinello59
07-05-2014, 07:24 PM
You don't of course :thumbsup:

I quote people directly rather than taking snidey wee pot shots as an aside to others.

Cabbage East
07-05-2014, 07:26 PM
2 things that would get folk back and excited about the club. The old east stand and money to spend on players. Hmm....

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 07:27 PM
I quote people directly rather than taking snidey wee pot shots as an aside to others.

Patronising is patronising in my book. I hope that's direct enough for you.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Patronising is patronising in my book. I hope that's direct enough for you.

What, no wee winking smiley?

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 07:34 PM
What, no wee winking smiley?

marinello59
07-05-2014, 07:40 PM

:greengrin
Better

Sumner
07-05-2014, 07:40 PM
£16m approx taken in selling the best young players seen at the club in years, John Collins denied a small fraction of that to spend on new players..and resigned.. JC should have realised that shiny new infrastructure would attract the fans.. Shirley..

Spike Mandela
07-05-2014, 09:31 PM
I know it's unpopular on here but I'm just going to say it. I don't give a **** about the training centre or the new stand. I would rather have splurged the money on top earning players and taken our chances with selling them on. If it ended badly we could always have used administration, but we might have had a decent team for a short while.

Life's too short to put up with the boring crap at ER.

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
If we go down, can we sell EM and train on public parks again?
We need all the dosh possible to compete with big spending huns and yams.

And a new expensive CEO. The need in that league?

07-05-2014, 09:40 PM
The infrastructure is now there and complete, what excuses can they come up with now? Anything to not spend on players

Exactly. We have the facilities and the budget that clubs like ICT, Motherwell, St Johnston etc. can only dream of and season after season after season they are miles ahead of us.

Maybe we should have the players running up Arthur Seat and dodging ***** down Leith Links on a freezing cold morning instead of in a nice, cosey state of the art complex. Might toughen them up a bit. And the stadium looks cracking but no good having a big stadium if we can't fill it and the only way to fill it is to get a good, winning team on the park that will excite the fans again and make people want to come along. It all starts with the team - get a winning team on the park and the fans will be back, the stadium will fill and be a fantastic, atmospheric stadium.

IberianHibernian
07-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Have we not made some money from cup semis and internationals that might not have been played at ER without new stands ? Reckon stands were necessary even if we`ll rarely fill them even if next manager " turns it round " ( whatever that means ) . Training ground ? Being so far out of town means we don`t seem to be able to make money from it - hiring out pitches , summer courses for foreign students , other sports added etc. Marketing of club in general seems poor ( an example - last 2 cup finals almost no merchandise in shop , no banners round stadium , nothing to stir up enthusiasm among locals and that`s in good times ) so maybe new stands and training ground aren`t getting máximum use .

147lothian
07-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Two cup final's and the budget stay's the same! According to PF what ambition do the board have? To make Easter Road sellable for a bidder?