PDA

View Full Version : Blatant stupidity from the board?

judas
07-05-2014, 12:52 PM
In my view, Hibs should immediately half the ticket price for this game.

A full house is essential in this game.

SlickShoes
07-05-2014, 12:54 PM

They should make it free if they really want to fill the stadium, is the income from one game going to matter in the long run if a full house somehow prevents us from the drop?

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 12:55 PM
They should make it free if they really want to fill the stadium, is the income from one game going to matter in the long run if a full house somehow prevents us from the drop?I winnae be full even if it's free.

ALF TUPPER
07-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Likely a live BT Sport event. So numbers will be considerably reduced.

C'mon Board, come up with a "master plan" to get the punters in.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Likely a live BT Sport event. So numbers will be considerably reduced.

C'mon Board, come up with a "master plan" to get the punters in.What we are witnessing/suffering now is as a result of the 'master plans' of this board, be better if they just ****ed off.

southsider
07-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Nae make it £100 per ticket. Wi this bunch o' imposters the bigger the crowd, the bigger the let down. Make me, for once, eat my words.

PatHead
07-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Thought they had already reduced prices to £15 and £5, given free tickets away to new season ticket holders and made it a Hibs Kid day fo a Saturday match.

I'm sure a further deduction of £3 will fill the ground. Aye right.

OP Why not think before having a go at the board on yet another downbeat thread? This place has enough negativity as it is.

Hibercelona
07-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Thought they had already reduced prices to £15 and £5, given free tickets away to new season ticket holders and made it a Hibs Kid day fo a Saturday match.

OP Why not think before having a go at the board on yet another downbeat thread? This place has enough negativity as it is.

Are you serious?

We will never get anywhere close to selling out with those "reduced" prices.

Telling fans they can get in for free if the purchase a season ticket? Not to mention that they'll be paying full whack for a season ticket that may only be good for the championship.

It's a ridiculous offer. Those stands need filled!

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Are you doolally? Rodders is still counting the cost of the free buses to Dingwall last night. :greengrin

Personally I would keep a few hundred tickets back for walk up fans (that might be a very optimistic number) and give the rest away free. Schools, care homes, tourists etc etc. in fact anybody who is free on Saturday afternoon.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 02:21 PM

They have significantly reduced prices for this game already. It's our club, all we can do is turn out in large numbers for a game that is much more important than a cup final. Like it or not we have to lay off the blame game until this season has played out. Anybody that can go to this one should, its the only constructive thing we can do at the moment.

Mark79
07-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Is it no ladies day too?

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Are we not supporters?

Is this not the biggest game of our season, again?

Do people really need to be bribed to go along to this one. There is already reduced prices and it's a big game, if you can go then you should go. There's a whole summer to conduct a post mortem.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Is it no ladies day too?

:agree: That might increase the crowd. Well increase something. :greengrin

Michael
07-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Reduced ticket prices don't seem to make a massive difference to attendance (from my observations, unless someone can statistically prove otherwise).

It might be a better incentive to make some "day out" type offer where you get a free pie, bovril or coke & kids go free. The pies must be cheap as dirt to produce so that wouldn't be a great loss.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Reduced ticket prices don't seem to make a massive difference to attendance (from my observations, unless someone can statistically prove otherwise).

It might be a better incentive to make some "day out" type offer where you get a free pie, bovril or coke & kids go free. The pies must be cheap as dirt to produce so that wouldn't be a great loss.

The catering isn't run by Hibs.

Keith_M
07-05-2014, 02:40 PM
So, not reducing the ticket price for Saturday to £1 is 'blatant stupidity'?

I think you actually win that prize for the ridiculously hyperbole of your post.

leggeto
07-05-2014, 02:40 PM

Far to sensible for hibs to do that,my kids actually feel like they are getting punished by me dragging them to the game,

Michael
07-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Ahhhhh, forgot about that.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Surely they could produce a 'Pie Voucher' even if it's produced on an old dot matrix printer. Mind you the voucher would probably taste better than the pies.

Onceinawhile
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Are we not supporters?

Do people really need to be bribed to go along to this one. There is already reduced prices and it's a big game, if you can go then you should go. There's a whole summer to conduct a post mortem.

Agree with this, and the same goes for any play off games too.

mutley
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I still think renewing ST should get a freebie too though!

HH81
07-05-2014, 03:37 PM
I winnae be full even if it's free.

I will go if it is :-)

S4uzee
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I think existing ST holders should get a free ticket after whats been served at ER all season

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM
I will go if it is :-)and pay all that money tae get here? I'll get you a can of pop though :greengrin

steakbake
07-05-2014, 03:47 PM

In response to the offer from the club about the season ticket early bird, I got back to them to say I'd rather wait and think about it until it's clear what division we'll be playing in...

HH81
07-05-2014, 03:51 PM
and pay all that money tae get here? I'll get you a can of pop though :greengrin

If it is not TV game I am coming, just spent a fortune in America but oh well.

Speedy
07-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Are we not supporters?

I suspect so, yes.

RIP
07-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I went to my first Hibs game in 1961 and have never once watched a Hibs game live on TV

Nae point in singing in a pub or in my front room

Bad enough watching Butchers and Backpass's hoofball live without watching it on a 40 inch screen

snooky
07-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Leicester City owner gave everyone in the crowd a free beer when they won the Championship.
Maybe the Tache will give us something free if we stay up - may I suggest (with a little irony) a mug.

weonlywon6-2
07-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Fifteen pounds is ok for the game if they chuck in a free ticket for the play off !

...WentToMowAnSPL
07-05-2014, 06:34 PM

I did well to shift my two free tickets for the Partick Game !

judas
07-05-2014, 07:00 PM

I've not really been one of the board critics on hibs.net.

I just feel that a full house is imperative and a £10 adult ticket would expedite sales.

You imply £15 is ok. I think it's yad, given the current predicament. It's a ridiculous price.

judas
07-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Are we not supporters?

You see things how you would like them to be. I see them as they are.

Do people really need to be bribed to go to this game? Yes, if you want to fill our house.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2014, 07:24 PM
15 quid and a fiver for kids is more than fair.

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Q. Why should the board reduce prices on Sat? It's a must win game and if Hibs fans want to support the team reducing it from £22 to £15 won't make a difference. I'm sure most people would pay the £22 to watch Hibs in an important game.
It's not about entertainment it's about league survival

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 09:56 PM
If it was free entry, we'd still be nowhere near full.

beensaidbefore
07-05-2014, 10:08 PM

Spot on, I posted a thread weeks ago saying we should have been giving the tickets away for this. There was good suggestions like buy a Hearts ticket, get the other 2 free, or give them away for nowt, but here we are, staring right in the face a couple of seasons in the first division, and the place is gonna be a ghost town.

Not good planning on the part of the sales/ticket folks. Funny thing is theyre probably gonna be the first to get the heave ho if we go down. If not they should cos we need to rejuvinate the way the club is being supported. No point in having 3rd biggest staduim in Scotland if we can't get close to filling it regularly.

Rant over!

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 10:09 PM
I'll be there.

Even if it just for the car crash value :greengrin

Onion
07-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Forget it. You could offer free tickets and the only people who would take them up are Hearts fans in a final laugh at Hibs. We're on a hiding to nothing on Saturday.

Got to say, the irony of 3500 Hibs fans going along to the PBS with balloons to relegate Hearts would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious for Hibs. Little wonder the media are having a good chuckle.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 10:14 PM
If Michael Jackson was a Hibs fan and alive today he would be saying.

I'LL BE THERE on Saturday cheering on BEN and the rest of the players. Telling Killie players to BEAT IT when we win 4-3 in a THRILLER. We're BAD we're BAD we know we're BAD.

Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight just blame it on the Butcher.

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 10:16 PM
If Michael Jackson was a Hibs fan and alive today he would be saying.

I'LL BE THERE on Saturday cheering on BEN and the rest of the players. Telling Killie players to BEAT IT when we win 4-3 in a THRILLER. We're BAD we're BAD we know we're BAD.

Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight just blame it on the Butcher.

Pass that deutchy to the left hand side :greengrin

--------
07-05-2014, 10:24 PM

Perhaps you would like to point out to us the reasons you can see for POSITIVITY?

Making Saturday a Hibs Kids Day constitutes child abuse IMO.

I suppose those prices do at least confirm our Great Helmsman's flexibility in the face of adversity.

But then if he wasn't flexible, his head wouldn't be where it's been the whole of this season.

TAXI FOR ROD PETRIE! :taxi

:chop: