PDA

View Full Version : Question Survive-playoff-relegation, what's your view

Keith_M
07-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Straight question here, do you think Hibs will: Avoid Play Offs, Win Play Offs, Get Relegated.

p.s. This is not a dig at team or management (I've done that enough elsewhere :wink:), I'm just interested in people's confidence levels.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 11:51 AM
I can't think rationally about this, but for some reason I have a feeling we'll avoid the play off. It might mean another result going our way, rather than our beating Killie, but I think we might just get away with it.

Steve20
07-05-2014, 11:51 AM
I thought we'd beat either Partick or Ross County to avoid the dreaded scenario. However, I can't see anything other than relegation now. Butcher has no idea how to fix this.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 11:54 AM
I honestly thought we would get the points we needed in the last 2 games.

Obviously we didn't so now I really don't know. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

JustSimplyHibs
Resigned myself to relegation...

NorthNorfolkHFC
agreed, we can't seem to do anything correctly or with any sort of substance so for that reason i can't see us beating Killie.

The_Exile
07-05-2014, 11:56 AM
No idea what's likely to happen on Saturday, so voted for win the playoff as I'm certain we would win over the 2 legs. That's purely down to the fact the away leg is first, if the home tie was first up I'd be properly bricking it.

theonlywayisup
07-05-2014, 11:59 AM
The problem, as I see it, is that we don't seem capable of scoring goals, either because we have no creativity or because we have no-one who can score a goal out of nothing.

The problem is that we can work hard, play well, but still lose because the opposition have a goal scorer.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Every time I go tae a game I hope we can get a win we need, every time I leave I wonder where the next win is coming from. Who can this team beat?

Jamesie
07-05-2014, 12:02 PM
If what I've read about last night and players stretched out on the pitch at the end of the game etc then IMHO they've chucked it already and will not win another game this season - and thus unless Partick completely capitulate then it's likely relegation for us now I'm afraid.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 12:08 PM

If what I've read about last night and players stretched out on the pitch at the end of the game etc then IMHO they've chucked it already and will not win another game this season - and thus unless Partick completely capitulate then it's likely relegation for us now I'm afraid.

We aren't going down with the maroon morons. No way! That would be unbearable. We must extricate ourselves from this somehow.

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Unless Killie cant score in their 2 final games, then we're gone.

greenpaper55
07-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Why should anything change ?, if we were able to do better we would have done so by now. This season has all the hallmarks of the Duff Jimmy year except even in defeat back then we managed to play some football and score the odd goal, we will end up in the play offs and go out to whoever we play.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Hope to god im wrong but I think we r down...we have been destined for this play off for months and we cant buy a goal never mind a win. Killie will win tonight meaning we have to beat them on Saturday. And fwiw I dont see this team or manager winning a 2 legged play off neither....hope to #### im wrong and ill b there on sat screaming them on...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I haven't voted because although I don't think we'll get relegated (just cannot contemplate that), I've no idea which way we'll avoid it. Just get this season over, already.

#FromTheCapital
07-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I think finishing 11th is as good as relegation in our case. Depending on other results I'm hoping that we can scrape a draw with Killie to stay up. If we get the play off, we're going to have to do something we haven't done in a long time - win a football match.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 12:31 PM
I think if we end up 11th we will drop down.

JustSimplyHibs
07-05-2014, 12:32 PM
I think finishing 11th is as good as relegation in our case. Depending on other results I'm hoping that we can scrape a draw with Killie to stay up. If we get the play off, we're going to have to do something we haven't done in a long time - win a football match.

Agreed and what makes it worse is the fact THEY started with -15 and could potenially be only 7 points off us by the end of the season!!!

scuttle
07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Think we are toiling ,looks like relegation . Only hope is that Thistle loose their final two games and by a few goals

sesoim
07-05-2014, 12:41 PM
There is nothing in that team that gives me hope. Did Butcher really expect Handling and Cummings to get us goals last night? They've only scored about 2 first team goals in 50 odd appearances between them. Every game, it looks like we are moving around aimlessly until we lose a goal, and then we always do a bit more to try and get a goal back, but not enough. We were the same under Fenlon. Totally rudderless. At least he had Griffiths.

Probably our only hope on Saturday is if Forster can blast in a couple of headers, we get a freaky goal or two, or the ref is amazingly biased in our favour (and somehow I don't think that will be the case this week).

SlickShoes
07-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I think we are donald ducked. I have been fairly negative for the last couple of months but as the weekend approached I managed to talk my dad and myself in to going to the games to support the team. "one last push and we can do it" I told him at St Mirren Park before kick off, and at the derby, and at the Partick game and before listening to last nights game.

This team don't have that one last gasp push in them, if we stay up it will be nothing short of a miracle. The only way we will stay up is if Kilmarnock gift us the game like we did last night, we will concede goals so they need to give us the game on a silver platter for us to manage a goal to salvage a draw nevermind a win.

LioNeilMessi
07-05-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm very worried that if we end up in the play-offs we could see another embarrassment: a 4 or 5-0 aggregate defeat. I reckon the teams in the play-off could manage a result against every bottom six side.. Think I would give that home tie a miss if I'm honest.

yeezus.
07-05-2014, 01:04 PM
To be honest I can see St. Mirren beating Kilmarnock tonight. If that does happen, I think we'll finish 10th.

NatureBoy
07-05-2014, 01:06 PM
We're the worst team in the league by a country mile, I would fancy any team in the Championship to beat us right now.

I've now made my peace with relegation and planning how to deal with the inevitable in a mature manner. I've been through every negative emotion possible over the last few months, now I'm finding it hard to care.

Nutmegged
07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I think we'll just do enough to avoid it, not by being better than Kilmarnock tho' just by being as average as them

number 27
07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I think we will win one more game this season, unfortunately I expect it to be a 1-0 in the second leg of the play off, following on from a two goal defeat in the first leg.

Some will still try to claim it as a sign that things are improving.

ehf
07-05-2014, 02:04 PM
To be honest I can see St. Mirren beating Kilmarnock tonight. If that does happen, I think we'll finish 10th.

No chance; don't know what odds the bookies are offering on Killie but am going to pile in - it's free money.

hibsbollah
07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Ive said we will get relegated since the derby a month ago, I see no reason to change my mind.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 02:16 PM
If Kilmarnock win tonight then we're gone. We MIGHT manage to get a draw on Saturday but we can't score goals so if we need a win on Saturday then we have no chance.

If it goes down to a play off, I have no confidence in us being able to win that.

Eyrie
07-05-2014, 05:30 PM
If I was going to be realistic I'd have given up on Hibs decades ago and either found a team to glory hunt with or something better to do with my time than football.

But I'm a Hibs fan and that means optimism beats realism, so I choose to believe that we'll stay up. Don't see the point to making myself miserable by obsessing about how bad we are, how certain we are to be relegated and how many seasons we're going to struggle in the second tier for.

The current predicament makes .net a quick read most days.

Michael
07-05-2014, 05:33 PM
We are going down. Keeps things interesting I suppose. Next season is gonna be strange.

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Avoid playoffs . Boyd does worry me though.

rcarter1
07-05-2014, 05:51 PM
If we 'make' the play offs it would appear likely that we could get properly hammered.

But if Hearts are still up for it and beat Partick, we could find ourselves not even needing a draw if Partick were to then lose again on Saturday.

One way or another I reckon we will finish above the play off, but if we go down, I am preparing my pith helmet and machete for the descent into Yamhun hell. At the end of the day its only football matches and will make for one of the most intriguing summer of signings and intrigue. If it weren't so damn shambolic Id almost look forward to it. The SPL is boring as s890e.

Meanwhile, up up the Saints and down with Partick!

Franck Stanton
07-05-2014, 06:01 PM
If Kilmarnock win tonight then we're gone. We MIGHT manage to get a draw on Saturday but we can't score goals so if we need a win on Saturday then we have no chance.

If it goes down to a play off, I have no confidence in us being able to win that.

This.

Ronniekirk
07-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Haven't yet resigned myself to it but with each passing game it becomes a distinct possibility with this team and combination of soft goals conceded and no goalscorer but equally we don't create a lot and that lethal cocktail could be fatal as don't see TB being able to change things for next game but hoping he proves me wrong and that's part of the problem we are hoping rather than believing .