PDA

View Full Version : Lap of Honour

dangermouse
07-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Traditionally, the last home game of the season sees the team do a lap of honour to applaud the fans and get applauded back. If by some miracle we get a result on Saturday will anyone be staying back to applaud the team?

I, for one, don't think they deserve it and after they go down the tunnel at the final whistle, win,lose or draw, they should just stay in the dressing room until the stadium is empty so they can creep home unnoticed.

PatHead
07-05-2014, 10:38 AM
No

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 10:39 AM
lap of disgrace mair like, we should stand there in silence and they should walk round applauding us for still being there.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 10:39 AM
At the risk of someone smacking MM or a player they should stay in.

Paisley Hibby
07-05-2014, 10:44 AM
As I said on another thread, if we stay up and they try this they can fekk right off. I felt that way 2 years ago after the Dunfermline game and I feel even stronger about it this time. However, I hope they do try to do it because having the team come out to an empty stadium will the best message possible.

SlickShoes
07-05-2014, 10:44 AM
******in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I haven't boo'd hibs this season, because I don't think it will help the players but if we some how survive they will get a sound boo'ing from me because we simply shouldn't be in this position at all. They can think about it all summer as most of them vanish off to other clubs.

hibeesjoe
07-05-2014, 10:47 AM
For some reason I hung back and applauded them at the Dunfermline game a couple of seasons ago. Will just be leaving as soon as the whistle blows on Saturday though. You really think the will embarrass themselves with a lap of honour?

Leith Mo
07-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Is the play-off at a neutral venue or is it a two-leg affair? Just think if that is the case then Saturday will not be our last home game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Away leg is 21st May
Home leg is 25th May

Onceinawhile
07-05-2014, 10:52 AM
For some reason I hung back and applauded them at the Dunfermline game a couple of seasons ago. Will just be leaving as soon as the whistle blows on Saturday though. You really think the will embarrass themselves with a lap of honour?

was the last game prior to the cup final (and we had just won 4-0) and I think people (I certainly did) saw it as an opportunity to try and gee the team up at hat point. Won't be staying this time though.

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Away leg is 21st May
Home leg is 25th May

On Tv ?

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 10:57 AM
was the last game prior to the cup final (and we had just won 4-0) and I think people (I certainly did) saw it as an opportunity to try and gee the team up at hat point. Won't be staying this time though.

Spot on.

I stayed after the Dunfermilne games as I saw it as a send off for the final as opposed to celebrating winning that game.

I'll back the team all the way on Saturday but will leave right after the final whistle. I just can't see that Hibs would be daft enough to try a lap of honour even if we win though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 10:57 AM
******in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I haven't boo'd hibs this season, because I don't think it will help the players but if we some how survive they will get a sound boo'ing from me because we simply shouldn't be in this position at all. They can think about it all summer as most of them vanish off to other clubs.

Booing wont do anything mate. I don't think they even care anymore...

Carheenlea
07-05-2014, 10:58 AM
As these things things are more a mutual appreciation of the fans continued support and players efforts, a lap will probably happen should we get what we need done. I'd stop short at "we are staying up!" t-shirts for the players, but I'd like to see the players thank us for our support and maybe even an apology for what they have put us through this season.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Spot on.

I stayed after the Dunfermilne games as I saw it as a send off for the final as opposed to celebrating winning that game.

I'll back the team all the way on Saturday but will leave right after the final whistle. I just can't see that Hibs would be daft enough to try a lap of honour even if we win though.Dinnae kid yersel, that's exactly the sort of brass neck thing I'd expect followed by a tannoy announcement tae get yer dosh out for mair of the same.

flash
07-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Booing wont do anything mate. I don't think they even care anymore...

This is the sort of pish that's annoying me now. I wasn't there last night but was at the derby and Partick games and there was no lack of effort. 18 attempts at goal last night would suggest the same.

Its nothing to do with lack of effort.

It's a combination of a poorly run club, players with no confidence in front of goal and often a severe lack of ability and a manager who greatly underestimated the task ahead of him.

Of course as every post you make contradicts the previous one you will probably agree with me.

Mathias Jack
07-05-2014, 11:34 AM
On Tv ?

Think it was last Thursday or Friday on the back of The Sun, the SPFL were trying to negotiate a TV deal for it.

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 11:35 AM
If we win the fans, players, everyone will be buzzing with relief. As embarrassing as our situation is, I reckon it would be celebrated spontaneously.

There will certainly be some punching of air in Brittany if we manage.:agree:

mmmmhibby
07-05-2014, 11:37 AM
This is the sort of pish that's annoying me now. I wasn't there last night but was at the derby and Partick games and there was no lack of effort. 18 attempts at goal last night would suggest the same.

It's a combination of a poorly run club, players with no confidence in front of goal and often a severe lack of ability and a manager who greatly underestimated the task ahead of him.

Of course as every post you make contradicts the previous one you will probably agree with me.

That's why were in a relegation battle.

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Think it was last Thursday or Friday on the back of The Sun, the SPFL were trying to negotiate a TV deal for it.

You'd have thought they'd have agreed this at the start of the season. Playoffs were in place and whilst i hate Hibs will be involved, these games should 100% be on Tv.

Nutmegged
07-05-2014, 11:47 AM
On Tv ?
BT, the BBC and Sky are all in talks with the SPFL for it, should be a good wee earner if the SPFL ca get a mini bidding war for it.

also heard this morning that depending on how the next round of the Play-Off is balanced, the same stations are looking at bidding for the second leg of the Hamilton vs Falkirk/QotS tie

Hibeesmad
07-05-2014, 12:14 PM
If we put in a really good performance Saturday and win the game I will most probably stay behind and clap the team just for their effort in that game. I also think there will be a major clear out in the summer, regardless of what happens with relegation

ALF TUPPER
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
If we put in a really good performance Saturday and win the game I will most probably stay behind and clap the team just for their effort in that game. I also think there will be a major clear out in the summer, regardless of what happens with relegation

Me too. I'll applaud.

I think (all going well). The Hibees might want to flip the intention as a "thank you " to the fans from the players for the support this season.

Glory Glory

JustSimplyHibs
07-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I hope they bring the U20s/EoS squad out at the end so we can applaud them, followed by a lap of hounor by the first team youngsters plus Hanlon, Stevenson, Robbo and Thommo so i can applaud their efforts. Then the rest after, so i can just laugh at them and throw a couple of GTF gestures... This would be followed by Terry standing in the middle of the centre circle, putting his head between his legs and kissing his own arse, after that i'd like to see Rodders bending over at the FF goals for the fans to pay a quid to kick a baw at his backside...

After that, since i don't drink, go home for some :smokin time and catch up with some decent footie...

dangermouse
07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
If we put in a really good performance Saturday and win the game I will most probably stay behind and clap the team just for their effort in that game. Then there will be our annual major clear out in the summer

Fixed that for you :greengrin

Islington Hibs
07-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Traditionally, the last home game of the season sees the team do a lap of honour to applaud the fans and get applauded back. If by some miracle we get a result on Saturday will anyone be staying back to applaud the team?

I, for one, don't think they deserve it and after they go down the tunnel at the final whistle, win,lose or draw, they should just stay in the dressing room until the stadium is empty so they can creep home unnoticed.

Is it April 1st today:greengrin

sesoim
07-05-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm not going back until that bunch of losers have been cleared out from the squad, but a masochistic part of me would like to see just how furious the fans would be if they did do a lap of honour, or anything else, after losing again on Saturday.

Boyle89
07-05-2014, 01:29 PM
I will stay but I won't applaud. I think they HAVE to come out after regardless if we win or lose. If they don't then it's just another sign that fans really don't matter IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 01:34 PM

I wasn't saying the players don't care. I was meaning the players don't care of we boo.

oconnors_strip
07-05-2014, 01:37 PM
I hope they bring the U20s/EoS squad out at the end so we can applaud them, ..

This won't happen as the eos players will be at their own cup final match at marine drive, kick off 3pm.

This means I won't be staying for a lap of dishonour at full time, will be rushing down to watch a team who actually give a **** about playing for the green and white strip!!

steakbake
07-05-2014, 01:44 PM
I'll clap them, but I won't mean it...

Dreadful season - absolutely pitiful that we're in this position, yet again. We've seen faces come and go in the dugout and in the team, yet the one constant is that we've twice come close to being dropped out the league and every year we've had a newsworthy result against us - 9-0 v Malmo, was how this season began.

silverhibee
07-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Pitch Invasion.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Pitch(fork) Invasion.fixed that for you. :wink: :greengrin

yeezus.
07-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Spot on.

I'll back the team all the way on Saturday but will leave right after the final whistle. I just can't see that Hibs would be daft enough to try a lap of honour even if we win though.

Same here, had a great night when we beat Dunfermline and thought applauding the team would boost morale for the final..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Wonder if Butcher will do a Lee Clark and run over to the East Stand and jump into the fans :greengrin

SteveHFC
07-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Wonder if Butcher will do a Lee Clark and run over to the East Stand and jump into the fans :greengrin

And Malpas to tell every hibs fan to **** off ;)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 02:51 PM
And Malpas to tell every hibs fan to **** off ;)

Whilst doing the GIRUY sign to everyone at the front of the East :greengrin

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Lap of honour with a twist.

How's about after the final whistle us the fans do the lap of honour while the players, Butcher, Malpas, coaching staff, Rod Petrie, ticket office staff, catering staff etc etc sit in the stands and clap and cheer us with having to endure what has been an annus horribillus (these plastic seats are murder for 90 minutes) season.

Deansy
07-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Great idea - a lap of honour with 'Cheerio, Cheerio, Cheerio' being sung TO the majority of those heartless, gutless, clueless 'players' who'll be extremely fortunate if their next job is still in football !!

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Lap of honour with a twist.

How's about after the final whistle us the fans do the lap of honour while the players, Butcher, Malpas, coaching staff, Rod Petrie, ticket office staff, catering staff etc etc sit in the stands and clap and cheer us with having to endure what has been an annus horribillus (these plastic seats are murder for 90 minutes) season.

Brilliant !

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 03:41 PM
There will be a lap of honour, and if we win, I expect a lot will stay and applaud the players.

This season is worse than the Dunfermline season in my book. I will find it much harder to applaud these players than I did that bunch as at least they had shown fight in the last few games of the season and got us to the Scottish Cup Final.

We as fans have to support the team and carry them through the match on Saturday. If we manage to do that though, gloves are off and the players should be told exactly how we feel about them. It will be interesting if Butcher does that after the match.

Hibby70
07-05-2014, 03:47 PM
fixed that for you. :wink: :greengrin

I laughed at the thought of that. Thanks.

Not sure we'll get in with pitchforks though.

we are hibs
07-05-2014, 04:08 PM
They don't deserve any applause. As soon as that final whistle goes on Saturday, win lose or draw they can all **** off and find new clubs. Bunch of gutless *******s.

weonlywon6-2
07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
If they win on saturday and we are safe then of course fans wil applaud the team,people say they wont but they will

ekhibee
07-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Well of course they've only got themselves to blame for the predicament they find themselves in, but if they could pull something out of the fire and keep us up, yeh, I'll stay and applaud.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 04:27 PM
If they win on saturday and we are safe then of course fans wil applaud the team,people say they wont but they will

:agree: I believe they will as well. Players may well be a bit embarrassed and have their heads down but I still think they will do a lap of honour. They are in a no win situation with this one. Lap of honour and they will get condemned on here for having the cheek to do it. Don't do a lap of honour and there will be folk on here saying they are a disgrace for not doing one.

Maybe they'll just wave from the centre circle a safe distance away.

Who knows?

For what it's worth I'll still clap them regardless of result. Next game may well be the play offs.

GreenCastle
07-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Win the game is most important..

If we win / draw and stay up then some may give an extended clap since it could be their last ever game at ER. Ben Williams for example.

Some of them will be here next season like it or not...

I wouldn't go overboard with music / lap of clapping - just a quick centre circle clap.

Lose and go into play offs...it will get nasty :agree: fans will boo and no doubt there will be a 5 page thread on here from 3pm Saturday :rolleyes:

PeeJay
07-05-2014, 04:41 PM
On Saturday, the Club that is Hibs, if it manages to stay up, would IMO be deserving of some form of celebration, and if the players save the day by keeping us in the SPFL, then why not "celebrate" the fact with them? - Let them bond with the fans and celebrate the fact that we're not going down! (OK, not with a lap of honour) - Surely that would be good news in what has been otherwise a totally desolate year?

At this stage of the season, in the state our club is in and with the Championship and oblivion staring us in the face, success on Saturday really is something to be cheery about: it's the Club and its survival that is at stake here! Why any HIbs fan would turn their backs on the Club when it has come down to the wire the way it has is beyond me - if we go down, moan all you like, but if we stay up, celebrate it: it's our club, and even when your least favourite players have gone it'll still be here and we'll still be the fans ...

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Win the game is most important..

If we win / draw and stay up then some may give an extended clap since it could be their last ever game at ER. Ben Williams for example.

Some of them will be here next season like it or not...

I wouldn't go overboard with music / lap of clapping - just a quick centre circle clap.

Lose and go into play offs...it will get nasty :agree: fans will boo and no doubt there will be a 5 page thread on here from 3pm Saturday :rolleyes:

Especially if they don't know that kick off time is 12.15pm. :wink:

emerald green
07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't know if it's just the way I feel, but I sense that there isn't the same feeling for the game and Saturday as there was for the Pars game last season. For many fans, I just think they've had enough of all this s***. Battle weary almost. I will be there as usual though, and hope the supporters will get right behind them one more time. There should be no lap of honour, whether we win or lose.

Smartie
07-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Do we REALLY think the fans deserve a lap of honour for this season?

We've occasionally turned up in decent numbers but with a combination of everything from general apathy to outright antipathy we've certainly played a part in our appalling home form.

We need to get this season over with asap and hopefully we'll still be in the top league. We can consider it to be a narrow escape and one that is to finally be learned from.

More than anything we need collective responsibility from top to bottom - everyone to do with Hibs can do a lot better and should do. The fans must do better (in numbers turning up and the backing they actually give the team), the players must do better, the management team must do better and the board absolutely must do better.

It's been a brutal season of underachievement and nobody deserves a lap of honour. But if the players muster enough to avert disaster then I would hope that at least we (the fans) could raise our game and acknowledge the efforts that would have achieved this (albeit pitifully minor) victory. And hopefully we then could get a sense that things might actually be a bit better next year.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2014, 05:21 PM
No lap of disHONOUR fir me...win (prey) lose or draw they can ####off the lot o them. And at this moment in time petrie butcher and malpas can all follow...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rcarter1
07-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Goodness. If the players get out of this I will clap and cheer loudly for their efforts. Petrie, Fenlon and Butcher are the ones who have assembled a squad that is

short on skill
short on pace
short on power
short

:grr:

Alfred E Newman
07-05-2014, 05:41 PM
If we somehow manage a win on Saturday there will be a massive sigh of relief. I will certainly not be applauding anyone off the park .

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 06:09 PM
If we somehow manage a win on Saturday there will be a massive sigh of relief. I will certainly not be applauding anyone off the park .Correct, at the end of the game regardless of the result I'll straight out the door, I'll no be congratulating or applauding anybody that took part in this ****in' seasons total farce.

lucky
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM
It's not a lap of honour, it's the players thanking the supporters for their efforts this year. Whether we win lose or draw we are Hibs supporters. Hopefully most of the players will never darken our door again but until they leave they have my support. They achieved something the vast majority of us never got close to and that is playing for our club and as such deserve some respect

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 06:19 PM
It's not a lap of honour, it's the players thanking the supporters for their efforts this year. Whether we win lose or draw we are Hibs supporters. Hopefully most of the players will never darken our door again but until they leave they have my support. They achieved something the vast majority of us never got close to and that is playing for our club and as such deserve some respectYou respect away then :aok: as far as I'm concerned most of them other than the young lads, Hanlon & Stevenson can GTF when this season is finished, I never want tae see most of them disgrace a Hibs jersey again. They'll get my support for the game, that's it.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2014, 06:30 PM
It's not a lap of honour, it's the players thanking the supporters for their efforts this year. Whether we win lose or draw we are Hibs supporters. Hopefully most of the players will never darken our door again but until they leave they have my support. They achieved something the vast majority of us never got close to and that is playing for our club and as such deserve some respect

Respect?? To this shower of sh### who have embarrassed snd humiliated us time and again this season.. I don't think so mate. ..if I never see most of them again 8n a hibs jersey...it will be too soon!!

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Respect?? To this shower of sh### who have embarrassed snd humiliated us time and again this season.. I don't think so mate. ..if I never see most of them again 8n a hibs jersey...it will be too soon!!

I don't think Lucky's point here has really registered with you. I won't be clapping them but I can see what he means.

nic81
07-05-2014, 06:38 PM
On Saturday, the Club that is Hibs, if it manages to stay up, would IMO be deserving of some form of celebration, and if the players save the day by keeping us in the SPFL, then why not "celebrate" the fact with them? - Let them bond with the fans and celebrate the fact that we're not going down! (OK, not with a lap of honour) - Surely that would be good news in what has been otherwise a totally desolate year?

At this stage of the season, in the state our club is in and with the Championship and oblivion staring us in the face, success on Saturday really is something to be cheery about: it's the Club and its survival that is at stake here! Why any HIbs fan would turn their backs on the Club when it has come down to the wire the way it has is beyond me - if we go down, moan all you like, but if we stay up, celebrate it: it's our club, and even when your least favourite players have gone it'll still be here and we'll still be the fans ...

:hibees:top marks

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I don't think Lucky's point here has really registered with you. I won't be clapping them but I can see what he means.

Ill be there supporting the team as always on sat mate and preying we get out of this dont get me wrong.
But this current lot get no respect from me, support yes!!

Pete
07-05-2014, 06:51 PM

Good shout.

These laps of honour are more about them showing their appreciation and applauding us as their supporters. I'll be showing my appreciation towards them as they are Fenlons players who didn't ask for this change of regime. One thing they can't be accused of is not trying.

Honestly, we're going to have to open up a customer service desk the way things are going. It's a sport FFS!

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Good shout.

These laps of honour are more about them showing their appreciation and applauding us as their supporters. I'll be showing my appreciation towards them as they are Fenlons players who didn't ask for this change of regime. One thing they can't be accused of is not trying.

Honestly, we're going to have to open up a customer service desk the way things are going. It's a sport FFS!Customers is all we are tae the people currently running this club. Gies yer money, shut yer face, if that attitude changed maybe others would as well.

Alfred E Newman
07-05-2014, 07:39 PM
I think everyone attending on Saturday should be given 4 pieces of rotten fruit to be despatched in the direction of the players during a compulsory lap of honour.

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Booooo booooo booooo booooo wage thiefs booooooo boooo

And that would be the tone if they avoid 11th. No idea what will be shouted if they finish 11th

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Should be interesting? :rolleyes:

jonty
10-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Should be interesting? :rolleyes:

By the sounds of it there wont be many fans left.

Players may have shown a bit more determine and desire today but its been absent the whole season (and longer). They don't deserve a salary, let alone appreciation from the fans.

Joe6-2
10-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Wonder if Butcher will jump off the East Stand and land on the fans :greengrin

This

Betty Boop
10-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Did they do one ?

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
No

Boyle89
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Technically it wasn't the last game of the season...
I only applauded Robertson and Williams when they stayed behind and clapped.

10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Applaud them? What exactly would I be applauding them for? I don't mind applauding the team after defeat if they have given everything and fought their hearts out but they never. Gutless and pathetic bunch of players.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Did they do one ?

Its about time they did!

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
They were down the tunnel pretty quickly.

Robertson - who worked very hard today and shouldn't have been subbed and Williams who kept it at only 1v0 were the last two to leave clapping the fans.

They have one more home game so you can bring the thread up again then...