PDA

View Full Version : USA based Hibbys(help)

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Off to Florida on Friday.It now looks certain that our game with killie will be on bt sport 12.15 uk time,08.15 eastern us time(I think).Staying in a Disney resort so not much chance of getting a pub open nearby,let alone one showing the game.Could you please advise on the following.
1)can i use an I pad to watch hibs tv (if game is broadcasted)
2)can I listen to radio Scotland via I pad?
3)is there any other way to watch/listen to the game?
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thankyou in advance:wink:

HH81
07-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I was in florida last week and watched the derby in a boozer on international drive. Not the best stream but watchable. I was only one in at half 7 in the morning.

dangermouse
07-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Maybe best going to Disneyland and forget about football until the World Cup starts so we get a glimpse of next seasons Hearts team.

Virginia Hibs
07-05-2014, 11:11 AM
1) yes
2) no, unless you've got one of those fancy app things that makes it look like your internet is in the UK
3) usually on FoxSoccerPlus but given the late scheduling it may not be in. They didn't cover the derby and most likely have Aussie Rugby or some other crap on. If the Hibs game is on be warned its not even in HD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cod Boy
07-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Go on holiday and enjoy yourself. Watching that shower will just spoil it.

GreenLake
07-05-2014, 11:19 AM
1) yes
2) no, unless you've got one of those fancy app things that makes it look like your internet is in the UK
3) usually on FoxSoccerPlus but given the late scheduling it may not be in. They didn't cover the derby and most likely have Aussie Rugby or some other crap on. If the Hibs game is on be warned its not even in HD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the link to keep checking if the Hibs match gets a last minute TV decision.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2014-05-10/

I don't see this match raising much interest but you never know.

Juice-Terry
07-05-2014, 11:29 AM
If all else fails, try Vip Box or Firstrowsports.

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Cheers guys,mrs glesga and baby glesga giving me dogs abuse but I dont care.
I would love to just switch off and get the score later but,it is what it is and if it takes a dodgy Skype or face time chat and camera pointed at someone's telly then so be it:greengrin
Probably end up on here for the match day thread,for those going please,please give it yer all!!!!
:flag:GGTTH:flag:

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I was in florida last week and watched the derby in a boozer on international drive. Not the best stream but watchable. I was only one in at half 7 in the morning.
Watched a derby in the lucky lepricorn once but doesn't open that early,probably wait til I arrive and ask the resort bar staff to help me phone around,cheers.

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Go on holiday and enjoy yourself. Watching that shower will just spoil it.
I hear ye mate,but what can you do?
Holiday build ups spoiled already.

GreenLake
07-05-2014, 01:33 PM

I have to get up 3 hours earlier on the West Coast. :cb:greengrin

MilwaukeeHibee
07-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Hibernian TV Extra will broadcast the game to viewers outside the UK (10 pounds). Sign up here:

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Hibernian TV Extra will broadcast the game to viewers outside the UK (10 pounds). Sign up here:

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra
Cheers mate :aok:

mikewynne
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Cheers mate :aok:

Unless it's changed recently Xtra doesn't work on the iPad, at least not with Safari.

Macaroon
07-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I just signed up to hibs tv extra for the county game and it is not compatible with iPhones or iPads. If you have access to a laptop/PC I'd go for that as the service is pretty good.

Baldy
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM

I watched it over there as well, wish I had known at least 2 of us could have hated the gam together

HH81
07-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I watched it over there as well, wish I had known at least 2 of us could have hated the gam together

I ended up getting plastered and the Mrs was not right happy :greengrin

Drinking at 7.30am is not a good idea. :thumbsup:

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 04:54 PM
I just signed up to hibs tv extra for the county game and it is not compatible with iPhones or iPads. If you have access to a laptop/PC I'd go for that as the service is pretty good.
Was afraid of that.already got three iPads going in the case,might sneak my daughters wee notepad in aswell.took that the last time for the dunfermline game(another relegation battle)and when I went to get it mrs glesga was off to the parks with the key to the safe in her ****n bag:confused:.
To be honest I never really thought it would come to this but if we beat killie on Saturday all my drinking privalages will be used up on my first day:greengrin

Glesgahibby
07-05-2014, 04:59 PM

Some times good ideas mean nowt at the time.
I fear the same predicament on Saturday :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 05:02 PM

It is when you're due to watch a Hibs game.

magnificent_seven
08-05-2014, 02:40 AM
I too am in Florida just now on holiday. Let me know if you find somewhere showing it, else looks like it will be Hibs TV!

Cameron1875
08-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Murphys Irish Bar on International Drive might be showing it. I was over there in September last year and Scotland V Belgium was on. Only problem was the rain buggered up the internet connection so only saw parts of the game.

Theres the Orlando Celtic Supporters club just 2 minute walk away from it that may be showing the game. Its called The Lucky Leprechaun.

Good luck!:flag:

Glesgahibby
08-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Murphys Irish Bar on International Drive might be showing it. I was over there in September last year and Scotland V Belgium was on. Only problem was the rain buggered up the internet connection so only saw parts of the game.

Theres the Orlando Celtic Supporters club just 2 minute walk away from it that may be showing the game. Its called The Lucky Leprechaun.

Good luck!:flag:
Watched the Graig Thompson (man of the match) final in the lucky leprechaun,don't think the guy would open up early for this game.murphys might be a good shout :aok:

HH81
08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Murphys is where i watched the derby I think. If its the one next to gator golf.