PDA

View Full Version : Dear Rod. Please GTF

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Dear Rod,

You are the Chairman of a club that has a far bigger fan base than almost any of our rivals. It has far bigger potential income streams. Over a four-year period in the not too distant past you raked in £16 million in transfer fees when none of our rivals took in so much as a tenth of that. You have managed to convert all this gold and good fortune into a team that has given us years of failure and is now, deservedly, the laughing stock of Scottish football. Next year our income will plummet, and with far less money to spend, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs in the history of the club will need to find ways to improve a team that would already struggle in the Championship. Even without The Rangers and Hearts. That is the sum total of your achievements over the past seven years.

You have just brought in a new CEO. In terms of running a successful football club, she has excellent credentials. You have none. You are a complete failure. The last thing she needs is someone like you in the background, hanging around her neck like a millstone, dragging her down in the same way you have dragged everything else down over the past seven years. You have nothing to offer her, and you have nothing to offer the long-suffering fans, and you have nothing to offer the club.

So please GTF. As in eff off. As in now. I realise this will cost you your much-coveted role as a Billy Big-Boots in the SFA, and I don't care. Go find some other way of becoming a VIP Suit in Scottish football that doesn't involve you being Chairman of Hibs.

Steven_Hibs
07-05-2014, 02:08 AM
He was wandering round the FF lounge before the Partick game, getting stick off a table in particular. What caught my attention was his sarcasm. The guy asked him what we going to do when we are in the championship next season. His answer was "not going to happen", well am afraid we are 3 games away from it.

The Green Goblin
07-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Dear Rod,

You are the Chairman of a club that has a far bigger fan base than almost any of our rivals. It has far bigger potential income streams. Over a four-year period in the not too distant past you raked in £16 million in transfer fees when none of our rivals took in so much as a tenth of that. You have managed to convert all this gold and good fortune into a team that has given us years of failure and is now, deservedly, the laughing stock of Scottish football. Next year our income will plummet, and with far less money a manager who has put together one of the worst runs in the history of the club will need to find ways to improve a team that would already struggle in the Championship. Even without The Rangers and Hearts. That is the sum total of your achievements over the past seven years.

You have just brought in a new CEO. In terms of running a successful football club, she has excellent credentials. You have none. You are a complete failure. The last thing she needs is someone like you in the background, hanging around her neck like a millstone, dragging her down in the same way you have dragged everything else down over the past seven years. You have nothing to offer her, and you have nothing to offer the long-suffering fans, and you have nothing to offer the club.

So please GTF. As in eff off. As in now. I realise this will cost you your much-coveted role as a Billy Big-Boots in the SFA, and I don't care. Go find some other way of becoming a VIP Suit in Scottish football that doesn't involve you being Chairman of Hibs.

I can think of two particular posters on here who will be along to aggressively and scornfully defend their beloved leader - or whatever their connection to him is. The problem is that there should have been change years ago. We narrowly avoided relegation two seasons ago and that, plus our bottom six finishes in the last few years, should have set alarm bells ringing. Anything that happens now is too little too late. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The damage has been done. Looking at the comment above about RP answering some fans with "never going to happen". Misplaced and misjudged pride and arrogance. What a shambles we are in. It's really sad.

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 02:26 AM
I can think of two particular posters on here who will be along to aggressively and scornfully defend their beloved leader - or whatever their connection to him is. The problem is that there should have been change years ago. We narrowly avoided relegation two seasons ago and that, plus our bottom six finishes in the last few years, should have set alarm bells ringing. Anything that happens now is too little too late. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The damage has been done. Looking at the comment above about RP answering some fans with "never going to happen". Misplaced and misjudged pride and arrogance. What a shambles we are in. It's really sad.I agree with you. Petrie should have realised years ago that we were running the risk of falling into a serious downward spiral, and he should have done something about it then. He has shown himself to be utterly clueless.

I don't know if Dempster can really do anything to arrest the slide, but she couldn't possibly make it worse, even if she actually tried.

TornadoHibby
07-05-2014, 05:22 AM
I can think of two particular posters on here who will be along to aggressively and scornfully defend their beloved leader - or whatever their connection to him is. The problem is that there should have been change years ago. We narrowly avoided relegation two seasons ago and that, plus our bottom six finishes in the last few years, should have set alarm bells ringing. Anything that happens now is too little too late. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The damage has been done. Looking at the comment above about RP answering some fans with "never going to happen". Misplaced and misjudged pride and arrogance. What a shambles we are in. It's really sad.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Petrie is to blame, but it wont be popular but STF is our owner and he really does not lead out club in any way whatsoever.

We follow instead of lead, and this club has lost its soul under the owner and puppet that runs it for him. STF saved us from Mercer, but we cant keep thanking him while he sits at home watching us suffer now.

Iain G
07-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Dear Rod,

You are the Chairman of a club that has a far bigger fan base than almost any of our rivals. It has far bigger potential income streams. Over a four-year period in the not too distant past you raked in £16 million in transfer fees when none of our rivals took in so much as a tenth of that. You have managed to convert all this gold and good fortune into a team that has given us years of failure and is now, deservedly, the laughing stock of Scottish football. Next year our income will plummet, and with far less money to spend, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs in the history of the club will need to find ways to improve a team that would already struggle in the Championship. Even without The Rangers and Hearts. That is the sum total of your achievements over the past seven years.

Happy for Rod to go just so you might cheer the **** up and turn your energy to getting behind the team instead of all the snidey Petrie remarks and pushing your agenda at every turn...guess you'd have to change your username when he finally leaves?

Sumner
07-05-2014, 05:54 AM
.. and so Petrie's dwindling fan club shows up

.. Tache has been a long term disaster. His record in terms of the demise of the playing side cannot be defended, speaks for itself.

Petrie OUT.. not hiding in the background, OUT

Iain G
07-05-2014, 05:58 AM
.. and so Petrie's dwindling fan club shows up

.. Tache has been a long term disaster. His record in terms of the demise of the playing side cannot be defended, speaks for itself.

Petrie OUT.. not hiding in the background, OUT

Not really a fanclub, in all honesty I don't really care who runs Hibs, even less so from halfway around the globe, I'm just fed up of this same angsty unhelpful stuff being regurgitated on here again and again and again :agree:

Sumner
07-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Happy clap from "half the world away" then.

Clueless Iain.

WHUHibs
07-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Happy for Rod to go just so you might cheer the **** up and turn your energy to getting behind the team instead of all the snidey Petrie remarks and pushing your agenda at every turn...guess you'd have to change your username when he finally leaves?

Why do people have to have an agenda? Perhaps he is right and is there a need not to slag people off from having a strong opinion! If you have a strong opinion for Rod then equally you have a right not to be slagged off!!!

Are you happy with the way Rod has led this club? Could another CFO/Chairman done a better job? Why do you think we are in a position like we are now,,,???

Surely the leader I.e Rod has to shoulder the responsibility or perhaps you don't think he is culpable?

In any other business he would have left gracefully when he knew he had taken the business as far as he could,,,I for one don't think he has done a brilliant job leading our club as this institution has had the life squeezed from it. The lack of success is down to how the club is managed from top to bottom. Guess what the leader is responsible!

Cropley10
07-05-2014, 06:06 AM

"Aggressively and scornfully defend". Great phrase.

That quote from RP in the FF tells you all you need to know about the man. Clueless.

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:09 AM
The handover of power to Leeann Dempster next month will effectively mean that Petrie has relinquished control. Maybe we should just call for his head to be displayed on a pike outside the famous Five stand. Or just his tache. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I wonder if relegation is in this secret 5 year plan?

Iain G
07-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Happy clap from "half the world away" then.

Clueless Iain.

Rather happy than unhappy any day of the week! :greengrin

Iain G
07-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Why do people have to have an agenda? Perhaps he is right and is there a need not to slag people off from having a strong opinion! If you have a strong opinion for Rod then equally you have a right not to be slagged off!!!

Are you happy with the way Rod has led this club? Could another CFO/Chairman done a better job? Why do you think we are in a position like we are now,,,???

Surely the leader I.e Rod has to shoulder the responsibility or perhaps you don't think he is culpable?

In any other business he would have left gracefully when he knew he had taken the business as far as he could,,,I for one don't think he has done a brilliant job leading our club as this institution has had the life squeezed from it. The lack of success is down to how the club is managed from top to bottom. Guess what the leader is responsible!

Well maybe not an agenda but certainly a stuck record :wink:

Its all a bit black and white really though isn't it with no room for the reality which probably sits somewhere in the middle. He has been good for Hibs in a number of areas and hopefully Leeann coming in to take the day to day running of the club to another level can be the catalyst to get us far away from the bottom of the table and, if she can better support Butcher next season in the transfer market to build his own team, this will start the healing process at the club.

WHUHibs
07-05-2014, 06:16 AM
The handover of power to Leeann Dempster next month will effectively mean that Petrie has relinquished control. Maybe we should just call for his head to be displayed on a pike outside the famous Five stand. Or just his tache. :agree:

Maybe I missed something but did he say he was relinquishing control I.e. He will just be a shareholder? Or will he still be in the background pulling the strings? If he just remains being a shareholder we have a chance!

WHUHibs
07-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Well maybe not an agenda but certainly a stuck record :wink:

Its all a bit black and white really though isn't it with no room for the reality which probably sits somewhere in the middle. He has been good for Hibs in a number of areas and hopefully Leeann coming in to take the day to day running of the club to another level can be the catalyst to get us far away from the bottom of the table and, if she can better support Butcher next season in the transfer market to build his own team, this will start the healing process at the club.

Fair point,,,me too I hope we can breathe new life into the club!

I'm with ANZ next week in Wellington :greengrin

Sumner
07-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Rather happy than unhappy any day of the week! :greengrin

Ignorance is bliss in your case Iain

Sumner
07-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Maybe I missed something but did he say he was relinquishing control I.e. He will just be a shareholder? Or will he still be in the background pulling the strings? If he just remains being a shareholder we have a chance!

Petrie will be behind the scenes clutching the purse strings, treating every penny like its coming out his own piggy bank

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Happy for Rod to go just so you might cheer the **** up and turn your energy to getting behind the team instead of all the snidey Petrie remarks and pushing your agenda at every turn...guess you'd have to change your username when he finally leaves?What's 'snidey' about my Petrie remarks? Snide implies there's something underhand or deceitful about them. I just call it as I see it.

And I will indeed be able to stop 'pushing my agenda' and start 'getting behind the team' the day Rod removes his baleful presence from the club I've supported for more than fifty years and we can start on our recovery process.

Funnily enough, it had never occurred to me how apt my username is. Nailrod was one of my favourite characters in a series of very funny kids books written by a guy called J.P. Martin. I called myself Nailrod when I signed up to .net in 2006 as I had already been Nailrod on a couple of newspaper forums for a year or two before that. Prophetic, I guess.

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 06:34 AM
The handover of power to Leeann Dempster next month will effectively mean that Petrie has relinquished control. Maybe we should just call for his head to be displayed on a pike outside the famous Five stand. Or just his tache. :agree:Sorry but I disagree. I wouldn't have a problem if Rod was going to be working for LD, maybe cleaning the boots or something suited to his talents. Strictly speaking, a CEO doesn't work for a chairman, so strictly speaking LD won't be working for Rod - but a chairman certainly doesn't work for a CEO. As chairman, Rod will still be calling the shots. And if he's not, then what exactly is the purpose of him hanging around?

Iain G
07-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Ignorance is bliss in your case Iain

:yawn:

Iain G
07-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Fair point,,,me too I hope we can breathe new life into the club!

I'm with ANZ next week in Wellington :greengrin

Hoping we throw on some better weather for your visit and and you get to enjoy our fabulous little city :)

Sumner
07-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Time to sleep Iain? Sweet dreams, kiss your signed poster of Rod before you nod off.

Iain G
07-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Time to sleep Iain? Sweet dreams, kiss your signed poster of Rod before you nod off.

Yeah you seem to be sending me off to the land of Rod :greengrin

Sumner
07-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Yeah you seem to be sending me off to the land of Rod :greengrin

You're already there Iain puckered up for Rod

Iain G
07-05-2014, 06:57 AM
You're already there Iain puckered up for Rod

Moustache wax all ready and latest copy of chartered account monthly on hand!

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I've asked this about 5 times and not one of Petrie's supporters has answered.

What good has he brought this club the past 5 years? Has his "business plan been a success?"

Why do folk think HE should still be chairmen?

For the love of god, open your eyes people. This man is killing Hibs and if you all continue to lap up the utter bull***** he spouts out before games because he comes to your table and smiles like a smug ******** then you are just as bad.

This club needs change, this club is on it's knees and this club will continue to be in decline if this clown of a man has any input into Hibernian football club.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 07:00 AM

What good has he brought this club the past 5 years? Has his "business plan been a success?"

For the love of god, open your eyes people. This man is killing Hibs and if you all continue to lap up the utter bull***** he spouts out before games because he comes to your table and smiles like a smug ******** then you are just as bad.

This club needs change, this club is on it's knees and this club will continue to be in decline if this clown of a man has any input into Hibernian football club.

He's done **** all, and the guy who owns us has done the same. They have both watched us decline to what we have now and done sweet fanny adams about it.

Sumner
07-05-2014, 07:01 AM

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 07:03 AM

What good has he brought this club the past 5 years? Has his "business plan" been a success?

Why do folk think HE should still be chairman?

This club needs change, this club is on it's knees and this club will continue to be in decline if this clown of a man has any input into Hibernian football club.Pretty much 'nailrods' it... :wink:

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Too late, he's already done the damage, should have ****ed off years ago, ****in' ****

southsider
07-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Petrie is to blame, but it wont be popular but STF is our owner and he really does not lead out club in any way whatsoever.

We follow instead of lead, and this club has lost its soul under the owner and puppet that runs it for him. STF saved us from Mercer, but we cant keep thanking him while he sits at home watching us suffer now.
With £85 million in the bank. Nae pockets in a shroud Sir Tom.

Moon unit
07-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Pretty much 'nailrods' it... :wink:
We have been dragged along on the 'misery train' by Uncle Rod for far too long!
Time he got off!..

Sprouleflyer
07-05-2014, 08:25 AM
He's done **** all, and the guy who owns us has done the same. They have both watched us decline to what we have now and done sweet fanny adams about it.

:agree:

How STF can sit back and watch Hibs decline in the way they have is unbelievable! Would he sit back and do nothing if his tyre/autocare business was heading in the same direction?

It is time that both go, Petrie has to go immediately, STF will be around for a while yet, who would be daft enough to invest their hard earned money into a constantly under performing team?

HappyAsHellas
07-05-2014, 08:31 AM
STF is not a Hibs fan. He bought the club when we were desperate. Rod is his bean counter, and he's been bloody good at it, from his bosses point of view. We were never going to be one of STF's main concerns - as long as we don't cost him any more money, all is well. Safe ownerships however, do have a cost. I think STF realises this now, hence the appointment of Leeann. I do believe she can be the driving force at the top that this club of ours has needed for years. I also believe that Rod will still be counting the pennies in the background. It could turn out to be the best of both worlds, but I am an eternal optimist. Time willl tell.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 08:33 AM
STF is not a Hibs fan. He bought the club when we were desperate. Rod is his bean counter, and he's been bloody good at it, from his bosses point of view. We were never going to be one of STF's main concerns - as long as we don't cost him any more money, all is well. Safe ownerships however, do have a cost. I think STF realises this now, hence the appointment of Leeann. I do believe she can be the driving force at the top that this club of ours has needed for years. I also believe that Rod will still be counting the pennies in the background. It could turn out to be the best of both worlds, but I am an eternal optimist. Time willl tell.As long as he is he'll no be counting my pennies as far as a season ticket goes.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 08:37 AM
STF is not a Hibs fan. He bought the club when we were desperate. Rod is his bean counter, and he's been bloody good at it, from his bosses point of view. We were never going to be one of STF's main concerns - as long as we don't cost him any more money, all is well. Safe ownerships however, do have a cost. I think STF realises this now, hence the appointment of Leeann. I do believe she can be the driving force at the top that this club of ours has needed for years. I also believe that Rod will still be counting the pennies in the background. It could turn out to be the best of both worlds, but I am an eternal optimist. Time willl tell.

Petrie's "bean counting" is why we are in this mess. So how the hell can hibs prosper when he isn't moving away and letting Hibs move forward? Leeann is in for a hell of a job no matter what league we end up playing in.

Folk who think we will see changes just because Petrie is side stepping are sadly mistaken. Real changes will happen we he leaves for good and has nothing and to do with us.

Sprouleflyer
07-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Petrie's "bean counting" is why we are in this mess. So how the hell can hibs prosper when he isn't moving away and letting Hibs move forward? Leeann is in for a hell of a job no matter what league we end up playing in.

Folk who think we will see changes just because Petrie is side stepping are sadly mistaken. Real changes will happen we he leaves for good and has nothing and to do with us.

Would she still be interested in the Hibs job if we go down?

Her start date is early June (if i remember correctly), still gives her time to turn down the job of being the CEO of a championship team!

truehibernian
07-05-2014, 08:41 AM

Petrie did his usual....slinked off, going is tough, hiring Leeann is akin to throwing a smoke grenade into the room for cover.......I'm just surprised he has not done his usual and put a 'statement' on the website asking us to support the team.

Man is a coward, pure and simple. I've seen every other Chairman and Chief Exec in the media giving interviews this season. Not one from Rod as far as I recall. Does his rally cries hidden behind his desk !

HappyAsHellas
07-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Petrie's "bean counting" is why we are in this mess.

I would describe a mess as EH11, wouldn't you? Petrie has not done anything to have us the fans, feeling as if were involved with the club and I believe that Leeann will use entirely different methods. It may involve us digging in our pockets to raise some more funds and if that's what it takes, why not? Constantly attacking the messenger is not the answer.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 08:49 AM
I would describe a mess as EH11, wouldn't you? Petrie has not done anything to have us the fans, feeling as if were involved with the club and I believe that Leeann will use entirely different methods. It may involve us digging in our pockets to raise some more funds and if that's what it takes, why not? Constantly attacking the messenger is not the answer.

The thing is Leeann may well be great at bonding with the fans but if you think for one min us as fans should be investing in the team while Petrie is still taking a wage then you could be in for a shock.

I'd happily invest if he leaves altogether.

borstalboy
07-05-2014, 08:55 AM
The thing is Leeann may well be great at bonding with the fans but if you think for one min us as fans should be investing in the team while Petrie is still taking a wage then you could be in for a shock.

Was it not quoted as a non-executive director he will not be taking a wage from the club?.....I may have mis-read this somewhere!

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Was it not quoted as a non-executive director he will not be taking a wage from the club?.....I may have mis-read this somewhere!

I don't believe for one min he isn't taking something.

HappyAsHellas
07-05-2014, 08:57 AM
He's STF's man, I can't see him leaving altogether as he's done his job ( bean counting )to a very high standard. Isn't that the way of most responsible businesses?

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Was it not quoted as a non-executive director he will not be taking a wage from the club?.....I may have mis-read this somewhere!waged or unwaged, I couldnae give a ****, while he's there and Mr. 10% nowt that matters will change IMO.

Iain G
07-05-2014, 09:00 AM

So you wont be going to support the team next season at Easter Road? :confused:

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 09:04 AM

Sadly like many I will cave and still renew. Then be back on here moaning because nothing has changed.

I don't blame anyone who doesn't renew or come back next season.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 09:04 AM

Out of interest do you support Petrie?

borstalboy
07-05-2014, 09:05 AM
I fully agree with you both, was only mentioning what was written. I do fully believe there is something fundamentally wrong at our club from top to bottom.....it can't always be the management team and the players!!

Iain G
07-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Out of interest do you support Petrie?

No I support Hibs! As I mentioned further up this thread I don't really give a toss as to who runs the club and am hopefully Leeann coming in will help as she has a proven track record with Motherwell.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 09:07 AM
He's STF's man, I can't see him leaving altogether as he's done his job ( bean counting )to a very high standard. Isn't that the way of most responsible businesses?

No that's not his job! Surely his job is to compete at the best we can on a budget way ahead of the St Johnston, ICT, Motherwell etc.. So for that reason the business has failed surely?? If we go down we lose money if we stay up we still lose with folk not renewing.

If that's a good business plan then thank **** he's not my boss.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 09:08 AM
No I support Hibs!

I'm not bein cheeky it's a genuine question. I support Hibs but I also think Petrie is killing us. Do you think he should stay if so why? What has he done to convince you he's doing well?

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 09:09 AM
No I support Hibs! As I mentioned further up this thread I don't really give a toss as to who runs the club and am hopefully Leeann coming in will help as she has a proven track record with Motherwell.

I hope so too but with him here no chance.

truehibernian
07-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Biggest game in a decade for Hibs on Saturday - wheels should be in motion right now, Hibs media should be getting every single player interviewed, hearing their pleas for support, getting them driven, players should be focused on positive mental attitude and getting into the heads of Killie.

We won't though - Hibs media will trundle on with the same old 'estate agent' style interviews, lads will give soundbites to David Hardie 'boys are all intent on winning', club website will spin out a 'let's win the war' type TBGAWA statement followed by a Hibs ladies victory report.....players will tweet what they had in Nando's, post a pic of their new 'wheels' which they'll undoubtedly wear in the Championship next season (some, not all), Hibs fan somewhere will go OTT and abuse player, player will react badly.........

There is no desire at any level of the club - that is what sickens me. No hunger, no burning emotion, no utter will to win, no enthusiasm to play the game the way it should be played. Just a gathering of hapless, hopeless, uninspiring, glum, down trodden, unemotional individuals who would rather feel sorry for themselves that grab each other by the neck and demand 100% focus and battling for one another and the fans !

And some thought the Venga Bus showed 'team spirit' :faf::faf::faf: showed me a team of players who really play at being 'ballers' !! Badly at that.

Iain G
07-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm not bein cheeky it's a genuine question. I support Hibs but I also think Petrie is killing us. Do you think he should stay if so why? What has he done to convince you he's doing well?

I think he has done a good job in a number of ways, but given I've been out of Scotland for nearly 7 years now maybe my view is still influenced by Tony Mowbray and League Cup wins and the stadium rebuild and getting us back on an even keel. Had an interesting conversation today, a guy from one of the local councils was saying that he believe people in his organisation have a 10 year shelf life before they get stale and should move on but they get too comfortable in their jobs, maybe for us and for him a new challenge is needed? Leeann Dempster coming in is a sign that new blood and ideas will be introduced into the day to day running of the club and that is surely a good sign?

If Rod stays or leaves I don't really care to be honest and all I want is the best we can manage for the team on the park with all the resources we can muster and some decent football to be played and the fans to want to go to support the team week in week out. The infrastructure is in place to allpw the team to succeed and now it's Terry and Leeann's job to make the best of our resources and get the team right on the park.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I think he has done a good job in a number of ways, but given I've been out of Scotland for nearly 7 years now maybe my view is still influenced by Tony Mowbray and League Cup wins and the stadium rebuild and getting us back on an even keel. Had an interesting conversation today, a guy from one of the local councils was saying that he believe people in his organisation have a 10 year shelf life before they get stale and should move on but they get too comfortable in their jobs, maybe for us and for him a new challenge is needed? Leeann Dempster coming in is a sign that new blood and ideas will be introduced into the day to day running of the club and that is surely a good sign?

If Rod stays or leaves I don't really care to be honest and all I want is the best we can manage for the team on the park with all the resources we can muster and some decent football to be played and the fans to want to go to support the team week in week out. The infrastructure is in place to allpw the team to succeed and now it's Terry and Leeann's job to make the best of our resources and get the team right on the park.

Good and fair post to be honest. I've said many times before he has done well in getting the foundations laid for us to be a healthy club for many years to come. He should have walked after the east was done. Fresh ideas is what was needed but like your friend said, I also think he's got to comfortable in the job.

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased Leeann is here and I hope she gets the space to do things her way. But Rod has moved aside before and look how that worked out. I just want a winning team on the park and a healthy relationship between fans the board and the manager. We are light years away from these things though.

truehibernian
07-05-2014, 09:24 AM

You do realise we have lost out on players due to Rod dont you ? Not managers, not agents, Rod. Players wanted to come and he never pushed the boat out a little.

Simple as that - really is time for fans, myself included, to really get behind a campaign to have him leave the club fully. He has mismanaged the football club and failed in his duty as Chairman. He has presided over football failure the last 5 years. Leeann Dempster, Eddie May.....George Clark......doesn't matter a sook if Rod Petrie remains anywhere at Hibs.

Iain G
07-05-2014, 09:28 AM
You do realise we have lost out on players due to Rod dont you ? Not managers, not agents, Rod. Players wanted to come and he never pushed the boat out a little.

Simple as that - really is time for fans, myself included, to really get behind a campaign to have him leave the club fully. He has mismanaged the football club and failed in his duty as Chairman. He has presided over football failure the last 5 years. Leeann Dempster, Eddie May.....George Clark......doesn't matter a sook if Rod Petrie remains anywhere at Hibs.

As far as I was aware those stories are generally unsupported hearsaypeddled by the joke that is the Scottish football press?

Onion
07-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Say again, if we had an owner or group of shareholders who had an once of interest in this club, Rod Petrie would be no where near Hibernian FC. The man must have no shame. If we get relegated from this, arguably the worst SPL league ever, then heads MUST roll. If that's not going to be Butcher, then it must be Petrie. His position would be untenable, even with the support of STF.

If we lose against Killie on Sat, I genuinely think things will get ugly in the stands. There will be no hiding place for Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and the players . Yes, we'll still have the playoffs but there is no way Hibs should be in this position - yet we as fans have seen this coming for the last 5 years. Papering over the cracks when the very foundations of the club have be neglected and mismanaged.

Yet again the Hibs fans are being asked to prop up a desperate situation, after all the bitter disappointments we've had to suffer.

To Terry Butcher.. Ask not what the fans can do for the team, ask what the team can do for the fans.

To Rod Petrie. Irrespective of the outcome of this season, you are finished. You are no longer welcome at Easter Road. Forget about a minor role at Hibs and just go knowing how you've managed to single handedly **** the club up.

I'm done with apathy. On Saturday, I plan to reclaim my club from these people who are destroying it.. One way or another. Rant over.

Jim44
07-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Would she still be interested in the Hibs job if we go down?

Her start date is early June (if i remember correctly), still gives her time to turn down the job of being the CEO of a championship team!

I referred to a cooling-off period in another thread and I wouldn't be surprised if there are repercussions if we go down.

The Gorf
07-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Total BS. The guy talks what everyone thinks (except the brown nosers who seem to love Petrie for some perverse reason). He is the ball and chain round the neck of this Club and the buck stops with him.

Bristolhibby
07-05-2014, 09:38 AM

I guess the only thing you could say is a completed stadium and EM.

That pales into insignificance when our team is a shambles and on the verge of a long term cataclysmic relegation.

And TBH anyone with £16m would have been able to do likewise.
J

McIntosh
07-05-2014, 09:39 AM
The appointment of certain managers lies at the Board - they are 100% culpable for the poor appointments. The poverty in relation to playing staff is not just related to an incredibly rigid salary structure or the poor managements but the practice of short-term contracts. You cannot build capacity or quality through this practice. The lack of imagination and vision in relation to the current playing staff has produced this situation.

If and it is a big if, we survive in this division, we must have a clear and uncompromising vision. This vision must be focused on putting this club back to its rightful place at the very top of Scottish football. It must be underpinned by attractive free flowing attacking football. It is this philosophy that has made this club beloved. It is this that will save this club and reconcile the club to the people that love and cherish it - our greatest supporter - the fans.

Keith_M
07-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Petrie gave us the management team most of us seemed to want and has already hired someone to take over a number of his current reponsibilities at the club.

I can't see how his leaving now will make one bit of difference.

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Do you know that for a fact? Do you have info. on how the new set-up will work.

Generally in recent years, Hibs have been running at a deficit of around £1m p.a. The cup final appearances certainly helped to sort that out but even the most optimistic supporter can't demand that every year. So where does the money come from to push the boat out further? Or is/was it for RP to overrule his managers re. the signing targets?

I'm not looking to defend RP here, but a bit of realism wouldn't go amiss.

northgreen24
07-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Petrie gave us the management team most of us seemed to want and has already hired someone to take over a number of his current reponsibilities at the club.

The only club to spend 200k on a player (yes I know he is c**p but this is PF fault), then get the management team from a fellow team that was second in our same league

Must be great to be a critic ......

jacomo
07-05-2014, 09:51 AM

Remains to be seen if he can really sit back and let her get on with the job... But yes, change is coming. It's been too long in coming and we are in serious trouble in the League, which means Dempster is going to have a baptism of fire unfortunately.

But - we've asked for change at the top and we've got it.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Say again, if we had an owner or group of shareholders who had an once of interest in this club, Rod Petrie would be no where near Hibernian FC. The man must have no shame. If we get relegated from this, arguably the worst SPL league ever, then heads MUST roll. If that's not going to be Butcher, then it must be Petrie. His position would be untenable, even with the support of STF.

If we lose against Killie on Sat, I genuinely think things will get ugly in the stands. There will be no hiding place for Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and the players . Yes, we'll still have the playoffs but there is no way Hibs should be in this position - yet we as fans have seen this coming for the last 5 years. Papering over the cracks when the very foundations of the club have be neglected and mismanaged.

Yet again the Hibs fans are being asked to prop up a desperate situation, after all the bitter disappointments we've had to suffer.

To Terry Butcher.. Ask not what the fans can do for the team, ask what the team can do for the fans.

To Rod Petrie. Irrespective of the outcome of this season, you are finished. You are no longer welcome at Easter Road. Forget about a minor role at Hibs and just go knowing how you've managed to single handedly **** the club up.

I'm done with apathy. On Saturday, I plan to reclaim my club from these people who are destroying it.. One way or another. Rant over.

Well said that man!

That pales into insignificance when our team is a shambles and on the verge of a long term cataclysmic relegation.

J

The appointment of certain managers lies at the Board - they are 100% culpable for the poor appointments. The poverty in relation to playing staff is not just related to an incredibly rigid salary structure or the poor managements but the practice of short-term contracts. You cannot build capacity or quality through this practice. The lack of imagination and vision in relation to the current playing staff has produced this situation.

If and it is a big if, we survive in this division, we must have a clear and uncompromising vision. This vision must be focused on putting this club back to its rightful place at the very top of Scottish football. It must be underpinned by attractive free flowing attacking football. It is this philosophy that has made this club beloved. It is this that will save this club and reconcile the club to the people that love and cherish it - our greatest supporter - the fans.

Three posts that I wholeheartedly agree with. :top marks to all.

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 10:09 AM

J

And selling the car park land when the market was at it's absolute peak - was that wholly down to luck?

And building the East stand at a time when contractors were cutting their own throats to get work?

And getting the fees we did for Scott Brown and KT, I take it that was all down to John Collins? And what about all the other windfalls we've received due to sell on clauses (and we seem to do better than most out of these - that is when we have a decent player to sell)? Who negotiated these?

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 10:11 AM
And selling the car park land when the market was at it's absolute peak - was that wholly down to luck?

And building the East stand at a time when contractors were cutting their own throats to get work?

And getting the fees we did for Scott Brown and KT, I take it that was all down to John Collins? And what about all the other windfalls we've received due to sell on clauses (and we seem to do better than most out of these - that is when we have a decent player to sell)? Who negotiated these?Who negotiated the ***** we replaced them with? That'll be somebody else's fault though!

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Who negotiated the ***** we replaced them with?

Who wanted them in the first place?

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Who wanted them in the first place?1st place or 5th or 6th place?

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 10:16 AM
1st place or 5th or 6th place?

Depends where you get your "facts" from.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Depends where you get your "facts" from.No from the school of Pertie stooges anyway.

Must be easier tae accept that when it's no your money that's getting squandered every year.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 10:28 AM
As far as I was aware those stories are generally unsupported hearsaypeddled by the joke that is the Scottish football press?

Iain Rod has lost us many deals in the past and I've spoke with players and agents about this. It's not the press making up stories. Most folk in the game know he's a difficult man to deal with and when it's comes to the playing squad he certainly does not make an effort to improve things.

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 10:31 AM
No from the school of Pertie stooges anyway.

Must be easier tae accept that when it's no your money that's getting squandered every year.

I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, but that's a bit petty is it not?

I don't have to justify myself to you nor anyone else, but through Hibs TV (among other things), the club still get some of my cash.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, but that's a bit petty is it not?

I don't have to justify myself to you nor anyone else, but through Hibs TV (among other things), the club still get some of my cash.You're right, I'll take that bit back, it was uncalled for.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 10:35 AM

And getting the fees we did for Scott Brown and KT, I take it that was all down to John Collins? And what about all the other windfalls we've received due to sell on clauses (and we seem to do better than most out of these - that is when we have a decent player to sell)? Who negotiated these?

All these things are what should be expected from any man in the job. He's done nothing and I mean nothing but rip off the fans past 6 years. To think there are some out there who can't pull their head out the sand long enough to see what an embarrassment of a man he is and how he's turned us into a laughing stock.

Don't worry though, he'll still have a couple of folk like yourself left he can sit with on match days who can lap up the utter dross he spouts.

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 10:55 AM
You're right, I'll take that bit back, it was uncalled for.

:aok:

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Generally in recent years, Hibs have been running at a deficit of around £1m p.a. The cup final appearances certainly helped to sort that out but even the most optimistic supporter can't demand that every year. So where does the money come from to push the boat out further?Apologies to those who have read this before, but since I've already answered this question and I can't be backsided to rewrite it, I'm going to cut and paste...

It wasn't shortage of money that caused our problems, but we sure as hell are going to need money to dig our way out of them... So what is our great leader doing about it? Nothing, apparently. He sure as hell isn't going to put any money into the club, and neither, it appears, is STF. They appear to be quite comfortable with our ongoing spiral of failure... What should he be doing about it? Well, instead of starting from the standpoint of "What are our means, and let's not go a penny outwith our means..." he could be starting from the standpoint of "What should our means be? What could our means be? What do I have to do to turn our potential means into our actual means?"
The first thing he needs to do is engage with the people like me - all the thousands of supporters who used to be season ticket holders or regular walk-ups, and who in the past few years have drifted away from ER in despair. If he could persuade a thousand, or two thousand, or three thousand of us to come back, it would transform our finances... Petrie has never even shown the slightest sign of being aware that 'we' exist. He has never made the slightest attempt to identify and engage with us directly; he has never made the slightest effort to find out what it would take to bring us back, and ask himself how he can deliver it. It appears that as far as he's concerned, once we stopped going, we stopped existing...
I think it's quite probable that until Mrs Cludgie suddenly appeared with two and a half million quid to save the Hearts, nobody on the planet had ever heard of her... There are a number of well-known Hibs fans with money. There must be a number of Mrs Cludgie's as well, with no public profile. Both of these groups are potential sources of funds. These are people who could individually make the contribution of a thousand fans. If even two or three of them would do it, it would transform our finances... Unfortunately, Rod seems to think that it's his job to sit on his fat backside waiting for them to come and pay homage to him at his court, and to beg him to take some of their money and he might consider it... I don't see it that way. I see it as his job to go to them and pay homage to them at their courts, and to beg them to put a little of their money his way and they might consider it. In fact, if I was him, that's pretty much all I would be doing right now...There's your answer Peevemor. These are two potential sources of funds that are going untapped at the moment. But I guess Rod's a bit too occupied with his SFA and his UEFA business to be bothering about such trivia. Or maybe he's busy mailing out season ticket offers in infantile combat khaki envelopes that might persuade my 9-year old to buy a box of lego.

GordonR
07-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Dear Rod,

Wait. We're writing open letters to the club now? You know who that makes us sound like?

Baader
07-05-2014, 11:05 AM

Very good post. This has been a long time coming as we have been skirting around the basement year after year - it seems we have a player clear out every season.

--------
07-05-2014, 11:14 AM

I hope so. I really hope so. But even as a non-voting chairman he can still have influence. He needs to clear out completely - I don't know any Hibs fan personally who has any confidence whatsoever in his ability to run things at ER, and if he's still around looking over her shoulder, LD will find the job she has to do infinitely more difficult than if he had just gone away.

I find it astonishing that there are still people prepared to defend him. The man has done more than anyone I can remember to destroy my football team. His latest management appointment seems to be as clueless as the previous half-dozen, and looking at the fixtures, I will be VERY surprised if we're not the patsies in the play-offs. And if we are, we'll be there as favourites to go down.

Cheers.

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Who negotiated the ***** we replaced them with? That'll be somebody else's fault though!Absolutely Dan. Over the past five years I shudder to think how many players have transited ER. At least 150 I would guess - at least. Of these, we've received a fee for a couple - Stokes and Bamba. Maybe half a dozen have moved upwards, or at least stayed at SPL level, when they left us. The other 95% have gone down the pan, along with 90% of our youth throughput.

That is a savage indictment of our long-term player management strategy. We are (or at least we were) one of the wealthiest clubs in Scotland. We should be looking to bring in good players and make them better, not bring in hundreds of journeymen and make them even worse.

Waxy
07-05-2014, 11:16 AM
If we get relegated then we should empty everyone involved. Let Leeann Dempster rebuild us. New beginnings.

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Wait. We're writing open letters to the club now? You know who that makes us sound like?Right now that's about the only excuse we've got left for laughing at Hearts fans. And it's a pisspoor one.

Thecat23
07-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Wait. We're writing open letters to the club now? You know who that makes us sound like?

Does it matter who it sounds like. Well done to those putting pressure on the board. If we all sit back nothing will get done. Can't believe folk get mocked for writing to the club or trying to organise a protest.

MB62
07-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Dear Rod,

My feelings exactly.
Our club will never recover to be a top club in Scotland as long as this man remains attached in any way to us, IMO. Moving sideways and putting somebody else in to take the flak off Rod is not going to cut for me, HE will still be pulling the strings and Leanne will be answerable to him (how can you be answerable to a man that has been a failure year upon year for goodness knows how many years?).
In all the footballing failures we have had in the past decade or more, there has only been one constant, ROD PETRIE (Well two, we need to include STF in there).
I have gone through many a bad time with the club in my days, the bad times hugely outnumbering the good times, but NEVER have I been so disillusioned with them than I am now. I keep getting offered free tickets for the games from various people and I can't even make myself take the offers up as I simply can't go through the pain of watching it anymore (I think my last game was the 3-3- draw with Motherwell).
Whilst Butcher was not my N0.1 choice for manager, he was high up there and I was quite happy at his appointment. However, his tactics, or lack of them, since arriving has made me change my mind. The hoof ball approach is murder, his constant changing of the team every single week meaning we never have a settled side to try and gel, gives me the opinion that he is a man who has no idea what he is doing and for some time now, I have felt he is a man who is praying for a result to keep us up rather than someone with an idea of how to sort it. The final straw for me was the St. Mirren game. 2-0 down and they get a man sent off and Butcher does NOTHING for 40 minutes to try and alter things.
The club is going down the tubes and has been badly run on the football front for years. Unfortunately, the MAIN man, STF, has absolutely no interest and worryingly, thinks we BETTER off with TEN ROD PETRIE's, we truly are EFFED.

gorgie greens
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
If we get relegated then we should empty everyone involved. Let Leeann Dempster rebuild us. New beginnings.

Got a Motherwell mate and he has called her everything under the sun and said she walked before she got emptied ,saying they thought the minute her beloved Rangers come calling she will be off

AlbertK86
07-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Rod

See ya

TB saying lack of firepower in last third has let us down

Adam Rooney went to the dons as they offered him a permanent transfer when old deep pockets refused to commit to a contract

See where that has got us

Certain Rooney would have scored a few crucial goals for us

Captain Trips
07-05-2014, 08:18 PM
If Jeremy Beadle wasn't dead I would be expecting to see him appear with Rod and Terry as this has to be a joke at ER surely.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Rod

See ya

TB saying lack of firepower in last third has let us down

Adam Rooney went to the dons as they offered him a permanent transfer when old deep pockets refused to commit to a contract

See where that has got us

Certain Rooney would have scored a few crucial goals for usAye but infrastructure, stadium, east mains, balance the books, well run club, la la la...etc, etc

Good job, good show, jolly good show.

emerald green
07-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Dear Rod,

This says it all. :top marks

stevejordan
07-05-2014, 08:29 PM
How did we get into the position where one mans penny pinching has got us into this position he could have signed LG and blew it he needs to go not just step into the shadows pretending he is not still pulling the strings.

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Rod get tae **** ! We would be bottom of the pile if Hearts weren't on -15. Looks like play off for us. Hibs players yer a disgrace = wage thiefs!

Starting to panic now we are going down

HibbyAndy
07-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Rod get tae **** ! We would be bottom of the pile if Hearts weren't on -15. Looks like play off for us. Hibs players yer a disgrace = wage thiefs!

Starting to panic now we are going down

Starting to panic ? i panicked weeks ago...We cant win games and we cant score goals...If Killie score first its game over.

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Starting to panic ? i panicked weeks ago...We cant win games and we cant score goals...If Killie score first its game over.

I have been on death con 4 since mid January but I'm now officially on death con 5!
We are brutal. I've never seen a collapse like this before

HibbyAndy
07-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I have been on death con 4 since mid January but I'm now officially on death con 5!
We are brutal. I've never seen a collapse like this before

We have no bottle pal.

We are sleep walking into the playoffs

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 08:48 PM
We have no bottle pal.

We are sleep walking into the playoffs

Agree mate. James Collins and Co are due us big time with there chat. Useless the lot of them.
If we don't have a fit Thomson on Sat we have not got a chance

McIntosh
07-05-2014, 11:22 PM
The current playing staff completely lack quality. This cannot be really disputed. It major weakness is up front - Leigh Griffiths was not and possibly could not be replaced. This presented RP and the then manager FP with a major difficulty but it need not have been this way - LG should have been secured at all costs. However, this has never been our current and soon to be ex Chairman's way of thinking or operating. When one examines the turnover of playing staff - quantity has always been at the expense of quality. In the short and long term this philosophy has and will cost us.

If we are relegated, God forbid, we will not return immediately - Rod Petrie is no Tom O'Malley. He is too divisive a character to hold the Hibernian family together. Tom O'Malley did this and achieving this was clearly stressful.

We are now at the dawn of the post- Petrie era. The challenge is to get a Hibs man or woman with a real passion for the club at the helm. Many, many years ago I had the great privileged of meeting our late but austere Club Secretary Cecil Graham (old timers will remember him). He said something to me that has always stayed with me, I often use it in my posts - He talked about Hibernian Football Club's rightful place being at the very top of Scottish football. It is this passion that drive, that commitment that the Club is dying out for. We all have a deep and enduring love for our club unfortunately it is conspicuous in its absence at Board level.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2014, 01:21 AM
LG should have been secured at all costs.

Good post. Totally agree with the bit above.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 01:35 AM

He looks like he might want to get more involved with the blazers at the SFA and it might be worth waiting to see if he can weasel his way to chairing some disciplinary committee for referees. Imagine the Cheat being hauled in front of him to explain his seasons performance.

Iain G
08-05-2014, 03:56 AM
LG should have been secured at all costs..

At all costs? There still has to be *some* level of sense around budgets and what we can actually afford.

The last story I saw on here that RP was in Wolverhampton trying to secure the deal when they decided he wasn't for sale after all...there are so many myths and legends and stories springing up around LG that it is now pretty hard to work out what the truth was.

HKhibby
08-05-2014, 04:20 AM
I agree with you. Petrie should have realised years ago that we were running the risk of falling into a serious downward spiral, and he should have done something about it then. He has shown himself to be utterly clueless.

I don't know if Dempster can really do anything to arrest the slide, but she couldn't possibly make it worse, even if she actually tried.

I agree with you about Petrie, the majority of this is his doing, clueless manager after manager! With below average and mediocre players signed by them.

one point to note however is that Petrie brought our debt down, which is good, he also is very good with business plans for the stadium etc...also oversaw the building opening East mains, again also very good! The club structure off the playing side is all there.
But yes back to the footballing side of it, i agree he has been clueless and inconsistant! And i think he has finally realised all of this, and probably said to himself as far back when he appointed Butcher and team, im going to take a step back at the end of the season!.....step in Leanne Dempster.

With all of this, i think it is time for him to leave Hibs once and for all, i spoke to a Motherwell supporter yesterday, and he said Leanne Dempster has a great footballing and business mind, and he like alot of Motherwell supporters are sad to see her go, also a bit baffled why she should be leaving a club that is stii playing for second place n the table, to be going to Us who are obviously going into the relegation fight, he also said she will do well with Hibs....i hope he is right

147lothian
08-05-2014, 04:38 AM
At all costs? There still has to be *some* level of sense around budgets and what we can actually afford.

The last story I saw on here that RP was in Wolverhampton trying to secure the deal when they decided he wasn't for sale after all...there are so many myths and legends and stories springing up around LG that it is now pretty hard to work out what the truth was.

The truth is that a manager may want a player but Petrie has always had the final say in whether he comes or not, ie he negotiates the transfer fee, wage etc, as your one of Petrie's dwindling band of supporters, we can expect to hear the same old that's not Petrie's fault, it's a bit predictable and boring. The same happened at ie beginning of this season when Mcmanus came to look at east mains, trained, with the squad then signed for m'well, petrie's trying to run the club on the cheap and make offers that other chairmen or agents know they can get better else where are harming the club, that is why were not competitive with the provincial clubs at the top end of our league, we have a clown negotiating for us, the sooner he goes the better

Beefster
08-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Got a Motherwell mate and he has called her everything under the sun and said she walked before she got emptied ,saying they thought the minute her beloved Rangers come calling she will be off

Just to make this ultra-clear - your mate is talking 100% horse****.

Scooter
08-05-2014, 05:48 AM
All these things are what should be expected from any man in the job. He's done nothing and I mean nothing but rip off the fans past 6 years. To think there are some out there who can't pull their head out the sand long enough to see what an embarrassment of a man he is and how he's turned us into a laughing stock.

Don't worry though, he'll still have a couple of folk like yourself left he can sit with on match days who can lap up the utter dross he spouts.

:not worth:not worth:not worth

Scooter
08-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Anyone that see the likes of John Collins Paul kane keith Wright etc and ask them abt Petrie. It's about time people stop making excuse for him anyone of us would have been emptied along time ago

The Modfather
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
He looks like he might want to get more involved with the blazers at the SFA and it might be worth waiting to see if he can weasel his way to chairing some disciplinary committee for referees. Imagine the Cheat being hauled in front of him to explain his seasons performance.

There's as much chance of that as Petrie being held to account in an AGM with straight answers and accountability.

MB62
08-05-2014, 11:38 AM
There's as much chance of that as Petrie being held to account in an AGM with straight answers and accountability.

I wonder how Rod gets on at home. I can imagine his wife asking him 'what would you like for tea tonight darling?' and Rod replying 'I refer you to page 8 of Delia Smiths' cookbook' :wink:

Weststandwanab
08-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Good post. Totally agree with the bit above.What exactly at any costs is the highest we should have paid ?

Assuming he was actually for sale at that point.

Non due to voting rights - or lack of them.

MB62
08-05-2014, 11:58 AM

I wonder how Rod gets on at home. I can imagine his wife asking him 'what would you like for tea tonight darling?' and Rod replying 'I refer you to page 8 of Delia Smiths' cookbook' :wink:

Bad Martini
08-05-2014, 12:11 PM
*** BOMBSHELL ALERT ***

Petrie is widely cited as doing well with the "business" side of our FOOTBALL club.

Can someone please, in all honesty and sincerity please tell me what that mythical "business" side of things is? When I last checked, we were in the "business" of (attempting to) provide entertainment (used very loosely in this context) via a professional FOOTBALL club.

If the "business" doesnt fulfil it's primary objective, it will not flourish. The FOOTBALL and "business" side of things are absolutely inseperable. They do not exist individually in some odd parallel universe...decisions are made for the benefit of the football club and every decision made should benefit that business. Training centre? Great idea. New stand? Great idea. New players and re-investing (not debt, money MADE from sales) in the "infrastructure" that is the TEAM, the product (and if you will, the "business) - even better idea. Why? The product improves, the business makes more sales, the income goes up, the debt is repaid and THEN, with your (excess) profits, build a training centre, build a stand and do whatever the **** you like.

But, dont, get your priorities wrong. Oops. Too late.

Whilst you are at it, you need to delegate some day to day responsibility to manage part of your business. Ah, hud on...you delegate the job to a (series) of useless numpties. Man management is part of running a "business" is it not?

So, to summarise:
The business is well run because we have invested our money in the wrong things, at the wrong time and installed incompetent staff at lower levels (including general manager overseeing the product) and indeed, the footsoliders have also (largely) been incompetent. This is a well run "business"?? This is what we've had for **** knows how long...and we've all stumped up to pay for it.

Please don't tell me as we sit in worse position than I can remember for a long year that the "business" side of it is fine...it's "just" the team. We are not in a good place, we still have debts (albeit managable for now) and we are in some real **** ON the pitch, looking less likely to score every week.

Petrie can bolt, he can take his decisions and his contribution to our "business" (that's a club to you and I) and just piss off. Its no working, it's no worked for years and we're still no seeing any improvement. Free tops, ****ty cup top ups we go out early and all the ****ing stupid chat about armies and togetherness wont make any difference!

ENDOF

147lothian
08-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Petrie may well think he is doing well in a business sense because he is an accountant running the club with a bean counting mentality for an owner who has no interest in football. No matter what division we end up in more has to be done to get Petrie Out!

stevejordan
08-05-2014, 12:45 PM

Its same old answers every year " We have a 5 year plan " that nobody knows what this plan is bar Petrie " stick with us we need your support " which we do then get kicked in the Baws season afer season.

Accountability for all this mess is firmly at Petries Door.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Its same old answers every year " We have a 5 year plan " that nobody knows what this plan is bar Petrie " stick with us we need your support " which we do then get kicked in the Baws season afer season.

Accountability for all this mess is firmly at Petries Door.

Has he mentioned this 5 year plan every year ? What did he actually say when he mentioned this plan?

scuttle
08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
*** BOMBSHELL ALERT ***

Petrie is widely cited as doing well with the "business" side of our FOOTBALL club.

Can someone please, in all honesty and sincerity please tell me what that mythical "business" side of things is? When I last checked, we were in the "business" of (attempting to) provide entertainment (used very loosely in this context) via a professional FOOTBALL club.

If the "business" doesnt fulfil it's primary objective, it will not flourish. The FOOTBALL and "business" side of things are absolutely inseperable. They do not exist individually in some odd parallel universe...decisions are made for the benefit of the football club and every decision made should benefit that business. Training centre? Great idea. New stand? Great idea. New players and re-investing (not debt, money MADE from sales) in the "infrastructure" that is the TEAM, the product (and if you will, the "business) - even better idea. Why? The product improves, the business makes more sales, the income goes up, the debt is repaid and THEN, with your (excess) profits, build a training centre, build a stand and do whatever the **** you like.

But, dont, get your priorities wrong. Oops. Too late.

Whilst you are at it, you need to delegate some day to day responsibility to manage part of your business. Ah, hud on...you delegate the job to a (series) of useless numpties. Man management is part of running a "business" is it not?

So, to summarise:
The business is well run because we have invested our money in the wrong things, at the wrong time and installed incompetent staff at lower levels (including general manager overseeing the product) and indeed, the footsoliders have also (largely) been incompetent. This is a well run "business"?? This is what we've had for **** knows how long...and we've all stumped up to pay for it.

Please don't tell me as we sit in worse position than I can remember for a long year that the "business" side of it is fine...it's "just" the team. We are not in a good place, we still have debts (albeit managable for now) and we are in some real **** ON the pitch, looking less likely to score every week.

Petrie can bolt, he can take his decisions and his contribution to our "business" (that's a club to you and I) and just piss off. Its no working, it's no worked for years and we're still no seeing any improvement. Free tops, ****ty cup top ups we go out early and all the ****ing stupid chat about armies and togetherness wont make any difference!

ENDOF

Agree with you mate plus add the fact that sevco and Hertz have paid their debt to society so to speak and will probably be in the same league as us next season where has all this living within or means got us. By appointing this Leanne from Motherwell, Petrie is hoping to take the heat off himself but the damage is done, he is as equally culpable for the mess we are in as any previous or current manager. Thanks for your previous work but its time to move on Rod

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Just a pity nothing will be done to oust him, a lot of moaning on messagboards but that will be about it, folk say they care about the club but are not willing to do anything about it, and the folk that do try to do something are mocked from some on here, a few lads decide to go round to the West stand and give the players a hard time and they are being accused of being silly we laddies or even worse they were being accused of being yams, least they had the balls to go round and let the club no there feelings about how they feel things are being run poorly by the folk in charge of our club and the imposters on the pitch who play for our club.

Beefster
08-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Has he mentioned this 5 year plan every year ? What did he actually say when he mentioned this plan?

IIRC, it was reported as having been brought up at one of the LWT meetings (or it might have been the last AGM) that Hibs were working to a five year plan but whoever mentioned it (I seem to think it was Rodders) declined to give any detail.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
IIRC, it was reported as having been brought up at one of the LWT meetings (or it might have been the last AGM) that Hibs were working to a five year plan but whoever mentioned it (I seem to think it was Rodders) declined to give any detail.

Cheers.
That's was my vague recollection of things but I don't remember ever seeing a direct quote so I wasn't sure if it was even RP that said it.

emerald green
08-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Just to make this ultra-clear - your mate is talking 100% horse****.

100% agree with this. :agree:

Www1875hfc
08-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Just a pity nothing will be done to oust him, a lot of moaning on messagboards but that will be about it, folk say they care about the club but are not willing to do anything about it, and the folk that do try to do something are mocked from some on here, a few lads decide to go round to the West stand and give the players a hard time and they are being accused of being silly we laddies or even worse they were being accused of being yams, least they had the balls to go round and let the club no there feelings about how they feel things are being run poorly by the folk in charge of our club and the imposters on the pitch who play for our club.

I done my bit,and got noticed. 12543

HibbyAndy
08-05-2014, 05:18 PM

Good man mate :aok:

stevejordan
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM

A Bold move and fine work but its a candle in the wind we need to mobilise thousands with this protest cameras will take notice and one mans cry in the wind will become a stampede to oust Petrie. Protim

Criswell
08-05-2014, 08:16 PM

So it has taken him about 25 years to have his St Paul like conversion. Keeping to the religious theme, I know I will be accused by some of a great heresy here, but I am now coming round to the conclusion that his involvement with the club has actually done more harm than good.

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 08:29 PM
So it has taken him about 25 years to have his St Paul like conversion. Keeping to the religious theme, I know I will be accused by some of a great heresy here, but I am now coming round to the conclusion that his involvement with the club has actually done more harm than good.

FFS, I've heard everything now! Do you know anything about Hibs pre STF? Are you just going to ignore the signings of (together with the fees paid) for Keith Wright, Darren Jackson, Michael O'Neil, etc. Are you also going to ignore the signings of the likes of Sauzée, Zitelli and Latapy (that very nearly cost us ER.

OK, things haven't been great for a while, but to suggest that STF has been bad for Hibs...

Jeezo!

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Good man :aok:

Criswell
08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
FFS, I've heard everything now! Do you know anything about Hibs pre STF? Are you just going to ignore the signings of (together with the fees paid) for Keith Wright, Darren Jackson, Michael O'Neil, etc. Are you also going to ignore the signings of the likes of Sauzée, Zitelli and Latapy (that very nearly cost us ER.

OK, things haven't been great for a while, but to suggest that STF has been bad for Hibs...

Jeezo!

Oh Dear. Looks like eternal damnation for me!

Not really sure what you are on about? What had these signings to with him personally? Yes the club signed some players, it's what Football clubs usually do, and yes we paid some fees. Are you trying to suggest that it was only possible through his own generous largesse. I don't think so. Need I also remind you that we raked in millions from player sales. The club has been run shambolically for years now and we have seen absolutely no Leadership, and quite frankly I am sick to death of it

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Oh Dear. Looks like eternal damnation for me!

Not really sure what you are on about? What had these signings to with him personally? Yes the club signed some players, it's what Football clubs usually do, and yes we paid some fees. Are you trying to suggest that it was only possible through his own generous largesse.

Yes, in some cases. Without his guarantees and, at times, personal loans made by STF to the club, these things wouldn't have been possible.

I don't think so. Need I also remind you that we raked in millions from player sales.

And where's that money gone?

The club has been run shambolically for years now and we have seen absolutely no Leadership, and quite frankly I am sick to death of it

Well you've made up your mind and I'm not going to waste any more of my time on somebbody who doesn't want to listen.

Criswell
08-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Yes, in some cases. Without his guarantees and, at times, personal loans made by STF to the club, these things wouldn't have been possible.

And where's that money gone?

Well you've made up your mind and I'm not going to waste any more of my time on somebbody who doesn't want to listen.

You ask where the money from player sales (and car park) went. I think it is safe to assume STF received re-imbursement for his investment from it.

I think most supporters are shocked and bewildered at the situation we find ourselves again. It is like lessons are never learned. We just seem to stagger from crisis to crisis, humiliation to humilation. More and more of us are recognising that the problems inherent in the club, the culture of failure and under-acheivement, stem from the top. Mere survival of the club is hardly an ambition shared by the supporters.

Peevemor
08-05-2014, 10:14 PM
You ask where the money from player sales (and car park) went. I think it is safe to assume STF received re-imbursement for his investment from it.

I think most supporters are shocked and bewildered at the situation we find ourselves again. It is like lessons are never learned. We just seem to stagger from crisis to crisis, humiliation to humilation. More and more of us are recognising that the problems inherent in the club, the culture of failure and under-acheivement, stem from the top. Mere survival of the club is hardly an ambition shared by the supporters.

You have no idea do you?

STF is well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs. Yes, on paper he (mostly) owns a footbal club, stadum and trainng cenre thats worth so many million quid, but do you think he's ever going to cash that in? Do you think he ever expected to?

147lothian
08-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Petrie can come across as being smug, because he see's himself as being answerable to STF who has no interest in football, not the fans, but an absent owner. Owner not interested in football & bean counting accountant both past their sell by date is a recipe for malaise

Criswell
09-05-2014, 01:10 AM
You have no idea do you?

STF is well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs. Yes, on paper he (mostly) owns a footbal club, stadum and trainng cenre thats worth so many million quid, but do you think he's ever going to cash that in? Do you think he ever expected to?

Perhaps if you lived in Edinburgh you might see things in a different light. You don't have to put up with the mockery of our rivals and the the press. Which, by the way is totally deserved. Just you go on paying homage to our "Great Saviour" while the club heads in an ever downward spiral.

Iain G
09-05-2014, 01:21 AM
You don't have to put up with the mockery of our rivals and the the press..

Oh you poor wee senstive soul :wink:

greenpaper55
09-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Oh you poor wee senstive soul :wink:

Another armchair fan sticking up for RP, if you cared like we do you would want him out instead you support a clueless individual when it comes to football matters.

Nomeancity
09-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Is it really Petrie's fault - I don't know if it is or it isn't. I am at a complete and utter loss as to what is wrong with Hibs. Under Petrie we have built a great stadium and excellent training facilities. At the start of the season we were the only club other than Celtic to spend money on players (and yes I know this hasn't worked out - but the point is he was prepared to spend). He put the mgt dream team (which is hard to believe now) in place - at the time they were the best we could have done. And we are one of the highest wage payers. So what more can we do. Ok he's missed out on a couple of players because of not willing to spend more - but every club in the country is guilty of this. I'm not pro or anti Petrie - I just haven't a clue what is causing this mess. Hibs have under achieved since the tornadoes, with a couple of bright seasons in between. I can't believe the difference between that day driving up to Tannadice (2-2 game) full of enthusiasm and hope for the rest of the season, huge crowd singing away, opening the other end to fit us in - and look at us now. What is wrong!!!
I'm out!

Iain G
09-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Another armchair fan sticking up for RP, if you cared like we do you would want him out instead you support a clueless individual when it comes to football matters.

Yeah I don't care clearly because I no longer live in Edinburgh, oh well, that's me bleeding well put in my place huh...as I said above I support Hibs and want the best for the club. Sorry if my required hatred of this man isn't at the proscribed level for this thread...

Ray_
09-05-2014, 07:55 AM

A] Unless anyone had insider information about the Lehman Brothers bank crash, then very lucky indeed.

B] That was blatantly obvious, you didn't have to be on 100k plus to see it was a buyers market.

C] Vlad got almost the same money for Gordon as Hibs got for Brown, KT, Whitaker & Murphy, I know who got the best deal by a long way.

Cropley10
09-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Rod stopped us going bust. Meanwhile Hearts go bust - win/draw more games than us this season, dump there debt and move on (with UCL qualifier, 2 Scottish Cups, & countless Derby wins to remember).

Nailrod
09-05-2014, 09:01 AM
You have no idea do you? STF is well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs. Yes, on paper he (mostly) owns a football club, stadium and training centre that's worth so many million quid, but do you think he's ever going to cash that in? Do you think he ever expected to? I freely admit I have no idea. I really wish I did.

I would love to have a clear understanding of how much STF paid for Hibs, how much money he has subsequently invested in the club, how much he has loaned to the club, how much has been repaid to him from asset sales, to what extent his loans have been and are being repaid, and the precise (ultimate, not book) ownership and approximate value of the club's remaining assets.

It would be pretty simple to do. All you need is access to the base data. It would be a piece of pis for Rod to put it together, as he has access to all the information and it seems to be the only thing he's any use at. Maybe he's shared the info with you, as you seem to be in a position to state categorically that STF is "well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs". If so, feel free to share it with me, and then I won't have 'no idea' any more.

emerald green
09-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Is it really Petrie's fault - I don't know if it is or it isn't. I am at a complete and utter loss as to what is wrong with Hibs. Under Petrie we have built a great stadium and excellent training facilities. At the start of the season we were the only club other than Celtic to spend money on players (and yes I know this hasn't worked out - but the point is he was prepared to spend). He put the mgt dream team (which is hard to believe now) in place - at the time they were the best we could have done. And we are one of the highest wage payers. So what more can we do. Ok he's missed out on a couple of players because of not willing to spend more - but every club in the country is guilty of this. I'm not pro or anti Petrie - I just haven't a clue what is causing this mess. Hibs have under achieved since the tornadoes, with a couple of bright seasons in between. I can't believe the difference between that day driving up to Tannadice (2-2 game) full of enthusiasm and hope for the rest of the season, huge crowd singing away, opening the other end to fit us in - and look at us now. What is wrong!!!
I'm out!

Good post mate. I kind of feel like this too. And before I get lynched, I'm not defending Rod Petrie here, as I believe one of the basic problems at Hibs has been a failure in leadership at the top of the club - STF and Petrie. All of which has been documented at length on these forums already so I'm not going there again today of all days.

Weststandwanab
09-05-2014, 09:12 AM
IIRC, it was reported as having been brought up at one of the LWT meetings (or it might have been the last AGM) that Hibs were working to a five year plan but whoever mentioned it (I seem to think it was Rodders) declined to give any detail. He did I was there the evening RP said that but refused to elaborate.

I freely admit I have no idea. I really wish I did.

I would love to have a clear understanding of how much STF paid for Hibs, how much money he has subsequently invested in the club, how much he has loaned to the club, how much has been repaid to him from asset sales, to what extent his loans have been and are being repaid, and the precise (ultimate, not book) ownership and approximate value of the club's remaining assets.

It would be pretty simple to do. All you need is access to the base data. It would be a piece of pis for Rod to put it together, as he has access to all the information and it seems to be the only thing he's any use at. Maybe he's shared the info with you, as you seem to be in a position to state categorically that STF is "well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs". If so, feel free to share it with me, and then I won't have 'no idea' any more.
Why would RP wish to do that and eve if he did, why is that going to help ?

147lothian
09-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Petrie's, dwindling band of supporters seem to be reduced to the jet set class who think we are all 'urban fan's' un-capable, of knowing what's best for us by our social better's, very patronizing! I hate to be the barer of bad news, but there's not going to be a second coming of sir tom, he's not even interested in football

Iain G
09-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Petrie's, dwindling band of supporters seem to be reduced to the jet set class who think we are all 'urban fan's' un-capable, of knowing what's best for us by our social better's, very patronizing! I hate to be the barer of bad news, but there's not going to be a second coming of sir tom, he's not even interested in football

Seriously? What? :confused:

greenpaper55
09-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I freely admit I have no idea. I really wish I did.

Whatever he paid and has loaned Hibs over the years is peanuts compared to what the Hibs fans have paid in ST and walkups in the same time. WE are the saviours of the club year in year out and when both of them are gone it will still be us that does the business and they should never forget that but i'm thinking maybe they have.

Nailrod
09-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Why would RP wish to do that... He wouldn't. Being open, honest, and communicative is about the last thing he would ever wish to do.

...and even if he did, why is that going to help ?If it was clear that STF is indeed, as Peevemore claims, "well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs", it would help to curb a lot of the personal abuse that is currently being directed at STF by a large number of fans, in response to the predicament in which we find ourselves.

For my part, I suspect that all the asset management and disposal and the financial structuring around the club has been done very carefully to ensure that any money that STF has put into the club, whether in the form of investment or loans, has either been repaid or is secured against rock solid assets. Which would mean that STF is very far from being "well out of pocket".

I may be doing the man a severe injustice in suspecting this. But without any proper information to go on, I can only follow my hunches. If STF is genuinely well out of pocket when it comes to Hibs, there really isn't any good reason to keep the facts a big secret.

Speedway
09-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Anyone see a link between Brian Houston coming in as a management consultant to restructure the business

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120403/club-update_2262950_2718587

And Dempster coming in...

'A couple of weeks later Boyle called and said he wanted her to take a look at how Motherwell was being run.'

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rejected-by-army-because-of-poor-eyesight-but-motherwell-chief-executive-leeann-dempster-has-vision-for-football.

147lothian
09-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Whatever he paid and has loaned Hibs over the years is peanuts compared to what the Hibs fans have paid in ST and walkups in the same time. WE are the saviours of the club year in year out and when both of them are gone it will still be us that does the business and they should never forget that but i'm thinking maybe they have.

Good point mate, I think some people lose track of the fact we are potentially one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, and should be up their competing every year, as well as the selling of the golden generation, it was what the fans put in that made the infrastructure and training facilities possible.

MB62
09-05-2014, 10:28 AM
You have no idea do you?

:faf:

147lothian
09-05-2014, 11:06 AM
The above post is patronizing in the extreme!

SunshineOnLeith
09-05-2014, 11:22 AM

He didn't.

Peevemor
09-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Yet again I'll post this article from 2003.

You can read it if you want, failing that just carry on moaning about stuff that you've no interest in understanding.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-reveal-full-extent-of-farmer-s-investment-1-657866

MB62
09-05-2014, 12:24 PM

You can read it if you want, failing that just carry on moaning about stuff that you've no interest in understanding.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-reveal-full-extent-of-farmer-s-investment-1-657866

Read it again.
Where exactly is he 'well out of pocket' ?

Apart from the shares he paid for, which ultimately I would imagine he will be able to sell on, it is all LOANS NOT DONATIONS. Nothing wrong with that of course and all credit to him for financing these loans, but 'well out of pocket' is something I don't see.
BTW, it was STF who forced Cromb into DOUBLING the price of the FFS which again he was the guarantor for, but it was the club which ultimately had to pay for it.
STF has not been bad for the club, far from it, but he's not exactly thrown any of his millions towards the playing front. Now I know he said he never would do, from day one he said that, but it has helped put us in to the state we are in now.

147lothian
09-05-2014, 01:04 PM
STF helped by securing a LOAN from the bank to build the stadium because he knew bricks and mortar is what makes it valuable to sell this is a shrewd move from the owner, but as he has said from day one he isn't going to invest in the team, and has stuck by Petrie, this has been his biggest mistake, it shows that STF doesn't understand what it takes to run a football club, fans aren't going to come to a good stadium to see a third rate team, it also breeds malaise when you have an accountant only answerable to an owner who isn't interested in football, it's time for a change the first step has be getting Petrie Out!

09-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Personally I have always defended Petrie over the years but not now, enough is enough for me.

I will be forever grateful to him for building a fantastic infrastructure for the club with the new stand completing the best club stadium in Scotland outside the OF and the training centre and for keeping the cliub financially stable thus avoiding the same fate as the huns and the ****. However, lack of ambition and focus on building a successful team has impacted massively on the club.

Ray_
09-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Jeezo!

How many times are we going to hear this misconception? It was the forty players who were not part of the first team & on big wages that nearly lost us ER, not the ones who actually attracted people to ER to watch the team. The players McLeish sold more than made up for Latapy, Zitelli & Sauzée.

Peevemor
09-05-2014, 06:07 PM
How many times are we going to hear this misconception? It was the forty players who were not part of the first team & on big wages that nearly lost us ER, not the ones who actually attracted people to ER to watch the team. The players McLeish sold more than made up for Latapy, Zitelli & Sauzée.

I didn't mean these 3 players specifically. McLeish signed loads of players, some who hardly got a sniff of the first team. Hibs debt rose to something like £16-18m at this time - or am I misconceiving again?

Weir7
09-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I didn't mean these 3 players specifically. McLeish signed loads of players, some who hardly got a sniff of the first team. Hibs debt rose to something like £16-18m at this time - or am I misconceiving again?

Petrie decides who got signed and on what wages. Rod let debt reach £18m
Which led to him sitting on a seat with the pieman outside a lawyers firm trying to sell us ground sharing with the sumcbos.

Peevemor
09-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Which led to him sitting on a seat with the pieman outside a lawyers firm trying to sell us ground sharing with the sumcbos.

Would it not have been the manager with the board's approval?

Weir7
09-05-2014, 06:35 PM

No. Rod is the boss. What he says goes. The board are puppets and there in name only.

Ray_
09-05-2014, 06:42 PM

A great many of the players there were signed by Jim Duffy, second class players on first class wages & transfer fee's included. If Petrie hadn't alienated the fans back in McLeish's time, we would have had far better crowds to match the standard of the team.

Peevemor
09-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't recall him doing that (honestly).

Ray_
09-05-2014, 06:50 PM

All the time the debt was spieling out of control, Petrie's line to the fans was that it wasn't a problem, all money brought in through season tickets would be used on the squad. Even when the bid went in for Miller, we were still getting fed "we don't need to sell". It was soon after the Miller transfer went through that the extent of Hibs financial problems surfaced.

Ray_
09-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I don't recall him doing that (honestly).

That's why the board brought in a firm of consultants, to repair the damage the rift between the board and fans. This is where SUABC came in to being & through the revenue sourced from the fans, we started to pay off the debt that was brought about by the incompetent board. This included the cost of the consultants, who had to show the board how to have a relationship with their customers.

Weir7
09-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Personally I have always defended Petrie over the years but not now, enough is enough for me.

I will be forever grateful to him for building a fantastic infrastructure for the club with the new stand completing the best club stadium in Scotland outside the OF and the training centre and for keeping the cliub financially stable thus avoiding the same fate as the huns and the ****. However, lack of ambition and focus on building a successful team has impacted massively on the club.

Im interested in financially stable. Still in debt circa six million and aftrr this season willwbe more losses to fund. Which reduces the football budget

Petrie is a failure in so many ways.

Weir7
09-05-2014, 07:04 PM
That's why the board brought in a firm of consultants, to repair the damage the rift between the board and fans. This is where SUABC came in to being & through the revenue sourced from the fans, we started to pay off the debt that was brought about by the incompetent board. This included the cost of the consultants, who had to show the board how to have a relationship with their customers.

Crystal Blue which farmer help finance. At the first meeting colin mcneil was asked if he was connected to Farmer. He denied this which wasn't a great start. Colin came clean.

Colin turned out to be great servant bud sadly got hacked off.

Peevemor
09-05-2014, 07:11 PM

SUABC was a reaction to Straiton which was STF's baby. I still can't recall any anti-Petrie feeling at the time.

greenpaper55
09-05-2014, 09:20 PM
SUABC was a reaction to Straiton which was STF's baby. I still can't recall any anti-Petrie feeling at the time.

Nobody knew who Petrie was back then, he was put in place when the SPL turned down the sky deal and all Scottish football was left with squads they could not afford. He has been at the helm for ten years or so and if this is progress god help us.

Kaiser1962
09-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Read it again.
Where exactly is he 'well out of pocket' ?

BTW, it was STF who forced Cromb into DOUBLING the price of the FFS which again he was the guarantor for, but it was the club which ultimately had to pay for it.

The North (FFS) and South were never paid for by the club. I recall the outstanding costs (around £5m) was converted to shares (or a share?) and is still held by one of STF's companies.

jacomo
10-05-2014, 01:06 AM
All the time the debt was spieling out of control, Petrie's line to the fans was that it wasn't a problem, all money brought in through season tickets would be used on the squad. Even when the bid went in for Miller, we were still getting fed "we don't need to sell". It was soon after the Miller transfer went through that the extent of Hibs financial problems surfaced.

Hibs was certainly burning through the cash at that time, but we were also bringing in lots of tv money. When the broadcasting deal collapsed we were badly exposed, like many other clubs.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 11:31 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-reveal-full-extent-of-farmer-s-investment-1-657866Thank you for this article from eleven years ago. If you're seriously suggesting that no financial transactions have taken place since 2003, either you're not very bright or you're taking the pis.

Until I have information that shows otherwise, I'll continue to work on the basis that all the money STF has put into Hibs through investments or loans has either been repaid or is guaranteed against the club's assets, and that he is not, in fact, 'well out of pocket'.

Peevemor
10-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Thank you for this article from eleven years ago. If you're seriously suggesting that no financial transactions have taken place since 2003, either you're not very bright or you're taking the pis.

Until I have information that shows otherwise, I'll continue to work on the basis that all the money STF has put into Hibs through investments or loans has either been repaid or is guaranteed against the club's assets, and that he is not, in fact, 'well out of pocket'.

Uncalled for.

What has happened since is well documented, ie. sale of car park, sale of "golden generation", purchase and construction of East Mains, construction of the East stand and, of course, net debt reduction.

In terms of money that STF has recovered - yes he has been repaid for the personal loans that he made (although it wouldn't surprise me if he's made another this season). But he hasn't recovered the cost of the initial purchase, nor the hit he took when he transferred the stadium back to the club for only £2.5m. In addition, he could have easily set the old car park land aside for himself and trousered any money made, however the £9m odd quid was used to reduce debt (including to STF).

He has laid a fair bit of money out though how much exactly I couldn't say. Yes, on paper, he has the asset that is HFC + ER+ EM (neither of which were developed to make money for him), but is there any chance that he'll ever beable (or even want to) cash in?

McIntosh
10-05-2014, 01:17 PM
We are in a dire situation due to poor appointments and a woeful recruitment policy not just on manager but playing staff. This was sanctioned and introduced during the tenure of this Chairman. The Board must go after this debacle. We need a revolution - top to bottom.

cam2644
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
The customers are complaining and on an ever increasing level are leaving. Any business person would know that to win customers back you have to regain their confidence. Whatever good he may or may not have achieved in the past, Petrie simply must go now or the gates are going to be horrendous. First step to build Hibs up again is to say" Goodbye Mr. Petrie".

Bob Box Fish
10-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Over 300k lost in placement of 11th vs. 7th last year plus the money used to bring butchers men in. No cup final this year so probably hee haw budget for next year.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Uncalled for.

What has happened since is well documented, ie. sale of car park, sale of "golden generation", purchase and construction of East Mains, construction of the East stand and, of course, net debt reduction.

In terms of money that STF has recovered - yes he has been repaid for the personal loans that he made (although it wouldn't surprise me if he's made another this season). But he hasn't recovered the cost of the initial purchase, nor the hit he took when he transferred the stadium back to the club for only £2.5m. In addition, he could have easily set the old car park land aside for himself and trousered any money made, however the £9m odd quid was used to reduce debt (including to STF).

He has laid a fair bit of money out though how much exactly I couldn't say. Yes, on paper, he has the asset that is HFC + ER+ EM (neither of which were developed to make money for him), but is there any chance that he'll ever beable (or even want to) cash in?Well that was kind of the point from the start Peevemore. You couldn't say. Neither could I. Neither could anyone else. Nobody actually has a clue whether STF is 'well out of pocket' or not.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 04:09 PM
What it says on the tin. Only twice as loud now.

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Well that was kind of the point from the start Peevemore. You couldn't say. Neither could I. Neither could anyone else. Nobody actually has a clue whether STF is 'well out of pocket' or not.

I notice you didn't retract the personal remarks aimed at Peevemor. That's pretty poor IMO.

Debating about Petrie is one thing but when a poster disagrees with you play the ball not the man eh?

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I notice you didn't retract the personal remarks aimed at Peevemor. That's pretty poor IMO.

Debating about Petrie is one thing but when a poster disagrees with you play the ball not the man eh?Look. The guy came bleating onto this thread about how STF is "well out of pocket through his involvement in Hibs", as if it was some kind of established fact. I asked him (politely, as I recall) to produce some evidence, and he comes up with a newspaper article from 2003 :confused:

As far as I'm concerned I was fairly easy on him, putting a conditional in my reply and all that. The mods disagreed. You are free to disagree as well.

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Look. The guy came bleating onto this thread about how STF is "well out of pocket through his involvement in Hibs", as if it was some kind of established fact. I asked him (politely, as I recall) to produce some evidence, and he comes up with a newspaper article from 2003 :confused:

As far as I'm concerned I was fairly easy on him, putting a conditional in my reply and all that. The mods disagreed. You are free to disagree as well.

Yeah, I sort of took that for granted :wink:

There's all sorts of information in the public domain, whether in the published accounts or in well-evidenced threads on here (e.g. the car park thread) about money that has been put in and repaid.

If you're really keen to work out exactly what STF may have lost out on, why don't you take all his various investments into the club and work out what he could have gained through sticking that money in a high-interest account or the stock market, using the historical data freely available about yields?

That would show what he could have gained had he not put the money into the club. Maybe give you some of the 'established fact' you're looking for :agree:

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I sort of took that for granted :wink:

There's all sorts of information in the public domain, whether in the published accounts or in well-evidenced threads on here (e.g. the car park thread) about money that has been put in and repaid.

If you're really keen to work out exactly what STF may have lost out on, why don't you take all his various investments into the club and work out what he could have gained through sticking that money in a high-interest account or the stock market, using the historical data freely available about yields?

That would show what he could have gained had he not put the money into the club. Maybe give you some of the 'established fact' you're looking for :agree:Because the "all sorts of information in the public domain" is basically PR bull**** that makes 'loans' sound like 'gifts'.

There isn't actually any information in the public domain that allows me to see clearly exactly how much money STF has invested in Hibs and loaned to Hibs, how much of that has been repaid, how much is outstanding, whether the loans are secured or unsecured, whether they are secured against 'imaginary assets' (c.f. Hearts) or real assets, and who is the ultimate owner of the assets.

If the fat stupid backside orifice who runs our club wanted to wipe the slate clean and make that information available he could do it in a matter of minutes, instead of somebody like me spending days trawling round the internet putting together half a picture.

But he doesn't, and he won't.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 04:55 PM
so, did RP do his walkabout in behind the goals today then :dunno: or did he do the right thing and lay low

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 04:57 PM
so, did RP do his walkabout in behind the goals today then :dunno: or did he do the right thing and lay low
My understanding is that he courageously sent a vanguard of wives and girlfriends out first, so that once the first volley of rotten tomatoes and turnips had flown he could make a run for his Alfa Romeo (disclaimer - I don't actually know what kind of a 'posh' car he drives...)

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 04:59 PM
My understanding is that he courageously sent a vanguard of wives and girlfriends out first, so that once the first volley of rotten tomatoes and turnips had flown he could make a run for his Alfa Romeo (disclaimer - I don't actually know what kind of a 'posh' car he drives...)

so he chose the safe route :greengrin

EdinMike
10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Turned up today, shall not be giving you money for the Home Play-Off...

I'll come back next season when you are gone dear Sir, and your entourage with you...

I'm out...

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Because the "all sorts of information in the public domain" is basically PR bull**** that makes 'loans' sound like 'gifts'.

There isn't actually any information in the public domain that allows me to see clearly exactly how much money STF has invested in Hibs and loaned to Hibs, how much of that has been repaid, how much is outstanding, whether the loans are secured or unsecured, whether they are secured against 'imaginary assets' (c.f. Hearts) or real assets, and who is the ultimate owner of the assets.

If the fat stupid backside orifice who runs our club wanted to wipe the slate clean and make that information available he could do it in a matter of minutes, instead of somebody like me spending days trawling round the internet putting together half a picture.

But he doesn't, and he won't.

Genuinely, you might have a point and I know you are trying to argue a serious one here, but anonymously posting stuff like that about someone who isn't really going to reply doesn't help your credibility, it just makes you sound like a hater rather than someone trying to get an objective account. Obviously it's different if you were posting it on a thread about Craig Thomson :greengrin

If you put yourself in your intended recipient's shoes, doesn't it feel a bit unreasonable - and don't take this the wrong way - for an anonymised random poster who freely bandies around personal insults about Petrie and any posters who disagree with him, questioning things and saying the info should be provided because he doesn't want to look on the internet for it? I mean where does that stop? Would you give yourself the time of day if you were Petrie?

There is a wealth of info in the accounts, the AGM minutes posted on here and the like and they've debunked a lot of myths over the years, from the car park monies to Morston Securities to the ownership of East Mains. I wouldn't write them off.

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 05:07 PM

Alfa Romeo would be apt for Hibs. Look very stylish, gloriously romantic history, but hugely frustrating with a tendency to break down.......and getting the right parts always seems impossible.......

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Genuinely, you might have a point and I know you are trying to argue a serious one here, but anonymously posting stuff like that about someone who isn't really going to reply doesn't help your credibility, it just makes you sound like a hater rather than someone trying to get an objective account. Obviously it's different if you were posting it on a thread about Craig Thomson :greengrin

If you put yourself in your intended recipient's shoes, doesn't it feel a bit unreasonable - and don't take this the wrong way - for an anonymised random poster who freely bandies around personal insults about Petrie and any posters who disagree with him, questioning things and saying the info should be provided because he doesn't want to look on the internet for it? I mean where does that stop? Would you give yourself the time of day if you were Petrie?

There is a wealth of info in the accounts, the AGM minutes posted on here and the like and they've debunked a lot of myths over the years, from the car park monies to Morston Securities to the ownership of East Mains. I wouldn't write them off.I absolutely would not write it off. However, at the risk of beginning to sound like some schizoid parrot, please feel free to synthesise all this good stuff and provide me with the simple information contained in this statement:

After that (and I'm sorry to be loading you down with all this extra overtime) see if you can find any respected and respectable observer of the game in Scotland who has any time for our resident backside orifice. I know a number of relevant people. The person whose opinion I value most is somebody who has spent decades commenting on the game here. Far from being an Old Firm bottom feeder or succulent lamb eater like most of the hacks around, this guy has spent his life giving all his support to a lower league side. He knows our resident backside orifice well. He has no axe to grind. He thinks he's a complete curnt.

That's good enough for me.

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I absolutely would not write it off. However, at the risk of beginning to sound like some schizoid parrot, please feel free to synthesise all this good stuff and provide me with the simple information contained in this statement:

After that (and I'm sorry to be loading you down with all this extra overtime) see if you can find any respected and respectable observer of the game in Scotland who has any time for our resident backside orifice. I know a number of relevant people. The person whose opinion I value most is somebody who has spent decades commenting on the game here. Far from being an Old Firm bottom feeder or succulent lamb eater like most of the hacks around, this guy has spent his life giving all his support to a lower league side. He knows our resident backside orifice well. He has no axe to grind. He thinks he's a complete curnt.

That's good enough for me.

There are valid, rational and reasonable points on which the performance of Petrie etc could be debated and critiqued. The problem is that the made-up stuff and the personal and vitriolic stuff obscures it and diminishes the credibility of those posting it.

As I say, I'm happy with what's in the public domain - Peevemor's given you some of it already, the rest is easily found. Why don't you do as I suggested and take all STF's loans etc and work out what return he could have got had he done something different with the money? That would give you what you're asking for - how much he might have lost out on.

You're the one wanting to make a case here- it's up to you to bring your evidence to the table. Claiming you know 'relevant people' isn't exactly proving anything. I'm not going to suggest you 'put up or shut up' but without you substantiating your claims why should anyone treat it as anything other than hot air? Serious question.