PDA

View Full Version : Just back.

silverhibee
06-05-2014, 11:58 PM
What can you say, started of well with a high tempo to the game but just couldn't get the first goal, RC came more in to the game once it settled down a bit, the guys upfront for them were a handful in the 2nd half and we couldn't cope with them, defo penalty and they were lucky not to score a couple more as we left gaps in the back with pushing men forward.

A few unhappy fans at FT.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Fair play to all of you who travelled up midweek. It's just a shame the team couldn't give you something to cheer. One last chance to avoid the play off on Saturday.

wheniwas5
07-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Just back and pissed of myself. Can't see me going on Saturday.

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Just back. The response from the fans was odd at FT but a lot of anger. A standard hibs performance..powderpuff

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 12:17 AM

Come on, mate. If you can make it to Dingwall, you can make ER. One final push to get the job done. We all need to be there.

DaveF
07-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Cannot fault them for effort but with no guile, creativity or anyone with a goal in them its difficult to see where or how we can win on Saturday.

Hoping for a miracle time!

SteveHFC
07-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Just back about 10mins ago.

I'm trying to be positive for Saturday and i just can't. :(

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 12:27 AM
That's the biggest worry. They tried their hardest and are not good enough. Their response at full time spoke volumes they look like a team resigned to their fate. I think that's what sparked the angry response from the fans

GreenArmyyy!
07-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Just back as well, I agree about the full time response from the fans. There was a lot of anger but also efforts to lift the players as the way they acted was like we had just been relegated.

GreenArmyyy!
07-05-2014, 12:30 AM

At this moment we don't have a choice mate. It really is do or die on Saturday. I think it will take years and years for us to become a force again if we go down. We simply cannot let it happen.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 12:32 AM
That's the biggest worry. They tried their hardest and are not good enough. Their response at full time spoke volumes they look like a team resigned to their fate. I think that's what sparked the angry response from the fans

What did the players to to annoy the fans at the end?

Wasn't there tonight.

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 12:34 AM
It was a strange atmosphere at full time. Lots of anger then applause.. I got the feeling we were all annoyed about the result and week attempts to score but the response of the players all collapsing to the turf seemed to rile a lot of people and some tried to counter by galvanizing them.

Frazerbob
07-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Just back as well. No lack of effort tonight.
First 20 minutes I thought we were excellent. First to every ball. After that County started to gain a foothold but it was anyone's game. Scott Robertson was our best player tonight, first half in particular. whilst he was penalised for the pen it was McGivern's fault for pathetically tracking back and allowing the cross to come in. I also thought Maybury had his best game for us that I've seen.
We lost because of our lack of a goal scorer. Plenty half chances, none taken. 16 attempts at goal with no real saves from Brown.
The fans really stuck with team, even after the goal. Until full time when many of the players collapsed in heaps like you see from a losing cup final team. This didn't go down well with many fans.

Very worried now. Can't see us beating Killie.

Nailrod
07-05-2014, 12:44 AM
At this moment we don't have a choice mate. It really is do or die on Saturday. I think it will take years and years for us to become a force again if we go down. We simply cannot let it happen.That's the real worry. I don't think we'd have a hope in hell of coming back up next year.

We'd be up against Rangers, and a Hearts team that have already made fools of us this season. Our income would plummet. Somehow, with far less money, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs of results in the club's history would have to improve a team that would already struggle against most Championship sides.

When I started watching football, Dunfermline and Dundee were both a force in Scottish football. They both had a European profile. Now one of them is struggling to escape from the second tier of the worst Scottish League in history, and the other is struggling to get out of the third tier. I shudder to think of it, but that could be us.

silverhibee
07-05-2014, 12:46 AM
First 20 minutes I thought we were excellent. First to every ball. After that County started to gain a foothold but it was anyone's game. Scott Robertson was our best player tonight IMO and whilst he was penalised for the pen it was McGivern's fault for pathetically tracking back and allowing the cross to come in. I also thought Maybury had his best game for us that I've seen.
We lost because of our lack of a goal scorer. Plenty half chances, none taken. 16 attempts at goal with no real saves from Brown.
The fans really stuck with team, even after the goal. Until full time when many of the players collapsed in heaps like you see from a loosing cup final team. This didn't go down well with many fans.

It was a strange one from them, to me it was something like we gave our all but it still wasn't good enough and it looked like the players had surrendered and knew what the outcome of the season was going to be like, play-offs, and possibility of relegation, its staring us in the face, car crash waiting to happen and we all no the outcome.

How did it get like this.

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 12:48 AM
After weeks of missed chances, defensive errors, lack of luck and bad refereeing decisions you can't help but get the feeling it's meant to be

silverhibee
07-05-2014, 12:58 AM
The only positives i can think of right now, is how good were the haggis pies tonight and the pleasant drive home. :cb

oconnors_strip
07-05-2014, 01:03 AM
If the players can slump to the pitch at full time when we still have all to play for on Saturday, what will be there reaction IF the worse does happen? This is what angered quite a lot of fans.

legends of 73
07-05-2014, 01:05 AM
The only positives i can think of right now, is how good were the haggis pies tonight and the pleasant drive home. :cb

Just back and the long bus journey hasn't subsided my anger. The players slumping to the ground after the game was a joke and quite rightly there was anger from the fans

Hermit Crab
07-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Just in the door now. Been awake 22hrs after doing a day shift then up to the match. Hibs were second best again. Second to every ball. High balls to Cummings and handling baffled me. Especially against 2 six footers of centre halfs marking them. Created more openings when watmore and Collins came on.

My my reaction at ft was anger along with many others. I and everyone else did their bit by getting to the game by hook or by crook but the players once again let us down.

Seen petrie before the game swanning about with his other suit pals like a smug *******. Get him out.

IanM
07-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Just in the door.. I've got to admit I'm so glad I'm not one of the players right now cause I can think of nothing worse than waking up and going to Easter road.. Tired and drained after one game speaks volumes!

IMHO I thought mcgivern was solid apart from one lapse where we lost the goal, second game one the trot where we didn't look like conceding apart from when we go to sleep..

Cheers Hibs and Lee (from 4 in hand) for the free bus and arranging..

Hopefully wake up more optimistic about the wknd than I feel right now

DarrenSQH
Just back. What a terrible performance.

Couldn't understand the attitude of the players at the end, like they were down. We still have 3 games until that. Gives me zero confidence in them getting any kind of results.

AllyF
Down we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basehibby
07-05-2014, 01:15 AM
First 20 minutes I thought we were excellent. First to every ball. After that County started to gain a foothold but it was anyone's game. Scott Robertson was our best player tonight, first half in particular. whilst he was penalised for the pen it was McGivern's fault for pathetically tracking back and allowing the cross to come in. I also thought Maybury had his best game for us that I've seen.
The fans really stuck with team, even after the goal. Until full time when many of the players collapsed in heaps like you see from a losing cup final team. This didn't go down well with many fans.

Watched the game on Alba after dodging all football coverage for a few hours - massive plaudits to you and all the others who made the journey - the team were not wanting for support. Your summary was pretty much exactly as I saw it - particularly "We lost because of our lack of a goal scorer" - whether through lack of finesse, composure, luck or all three we just could not trouble Brown in the Ross Cty goal sufficiently - despite plenty of passion and some good play. I didn't think it would come to this but Saturday is now massive beyond belief :shocked::wtf::panic::ill::bevvied!::worried:

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 01:16 AM
It's quite sad really that for the last four or five weeks we have needed just the one win, yet we find ourselves in this position. We all knew we were on this road and likely to hit 11th. We still have three games before we would be down yet you can't help feel after seeing them today the players have chucked it

Hermit Crab
07-05-2014, 01:24 AM
It's quite sad really that for the last four or five weeks we have needed just the one win, yet we find ourselves in this position. We all knew we were on this road and likely to hit 11th. We still have three games before we would be down yet you can't help feel after seeing them today the players have chucked it

If we end up in the playoffs we could get Hamilton, Falkirk or QOS. Away legs first. Could lose it 3,4,5 nil and that's the tie over.........:hide::worried:

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2014, 01:28 AM

He allows defenders to maraud into our box every week, just put a challenge in FFS ya big fairy......

The_Horde
07-05-2014, 01:31 AM
What can you say, started of well with a high tempo to the game but just couldn't get the first goal, RC came more in to the game once it settled down a bit, the guys upfront for them were a handful in the 2nd half and we couldn't cope with them, defo penalty and they were lucky not to score a couple more as we left gaps in the back with pushing men forward.

A few unhappy fans at FT.

We were denied a blatant penalty of or own too when he boy about had Craig's shirt for dinner.

silverhibee
07-05-2014, 01:39 AM
;3998112']We were denied a blatant penalty of or own too when he boy about had Craig's shirt for dinner.

Yeah you may be right there, still to see it again but i still think Craig made good enough contact with the ball to score even if he was being tugged back.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Falkirk lost 2-1 in the first leg of the playoff tonight. Really don't fancy QOS away. Horrible journey and very tricky venue to go to and win. Hamilton will have something to say about it though.

gegs70
07-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Ok so we can't score....if killie lose tomorrow do we stick 5defenders at the back... Maybury forster mcpake nelson Stevenson? Try to going out a draw?

WHUHibs
07-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Ok so we can't score....if killie lose tomorrow do we stick 5defenders at the back... Maybury forster mcpake nelson Stevenson? Try to going out a draw?

Eh,,,we will still lose a goal!!!!

Only way we can survive us get a lucky deflected goal and Killie misfire...

Hibby Bairn
07-05-2014, 07:03 AM
I think the play offs are just one game at the ground of the SPL team?

This malaise has been on the go for some time. It started this year with the 0-7 and that is when big changes in what and how we run and manage the club should have been made. But it wasn't and we are now paying for that indecision.

Calum68
07-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Totally scunnered. Fans turned out to support the team but let down again.

We could still be playing now and we still wouldn't have scored.

PeeJay
07-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I think the play offs are just one game at the ground of the SPL team?

NO
Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
2nd or 3rd or 4th in Championship v 11th in Premiership
Sunday 25 May, 2014

Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg
11th in Premiership v 2nd or 3rd or 4th in Championship

NatureBoy
07-05-2014, 07:21 AM
If we end up in the playoffs we could get Hamilton, Falkirk or QOS. Away legs first. Could lose it 3,4,5 nil and that's the tie over.........:hide::worried:

This is my concern and what I fear will be the reality. We will lose the first tie by a minimum of two goals and have no way back in the second leg. The players won't be able to cope with the hostile Hamilton atmosphere(no sarcasm), sad times indeed!

franks
07-05-2014, 07:42 AM
We are all down today. Disappointed and angry, as we have every right. I also know we will all be up for it on Saturday the only question is will the players be up for it too.

southsider
07-05-2014, 07:44 AM
The Hibs fans who went up tonight should get the George Cross.....well done to all. I only wish we had a football team worthy of that kind of support.

truehibernian
07-05-2014, 08:37 AM
We are all down today. Disappointed and angry, as we have every right. I also know we will all be up for it on Saturday the only question is will the players be up for it too.

Don't think they will at all - they play with fear, under tactics of fear and negativity, with no creative spark and no leader on the pitch (or leaders).

Fans are rightly negative, every right to be too.

One up front in the SPFL ?? Doesn't matter whether it's home or away, for me, as I keep banging on, is giving your oppo manager a sign that you are playing on the counter and have a fear to lose rather than a real desire and hunger to win.

I'd rather go down playing 4-3-3, attacking and taking a risk, than watching the abject failures out there at present.

Williams

Black Forster McGivern Baptie

Cairney Robertson Stevenson

Harris Cummings Watmore

Watch the Killie midfield and see how slow they are - take a real gambit and go for it - play with a desire to win and set the stall out now Terry !!!

ronaldo7
07-05-2014, 08:54 AM
If the players can slump to the pitch at full time when we still have all to play for on Saturday, what will be there reaction IF the worse does happen? This is what angered quite a lot of fans.

:agree: I couldn't believe it. 4 of them slumped to the deck at the final whistle. I was going my duster at them. We've still got a game to go FFS.

On the match itself, might get pelters for this but we have to go back to a Haynes or Collins up front as Jason is just not strong enough, he was pushed off the ball too easily last night, although he tried his best, and getting the ball lumped at him from 40 yards is not the best of service.

I would also get Cairney back in for Harris as Alex is not having the best of time just now.

Thanks to Lee at the Four in hand for running our bus.

BSEJVT
07-05-2014, 09:41 AM
:agree: I couldn't believe it. 4 of them slumped to the deck at the final whistle. I was going my duster at them. We've still got a game to go FFS.

On the match itself, might get pelters for this but we have to go back to a Haynes or Collins up front as Jason is just not strong enough, he was pushed off the ball too easily last night, although he tried his best, and getting the ball lumped at him from 40 yards is not the best of service.

I would also get Cairney back in for Harris as Alex is not having the best of time just now.

Thanks to Lee at the Four in hand for running our bus.

Who were the 4?

ehf
07-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Just back. What a terrible performance.

Couldn't understand the attitude of the players at the end, like they were down. We still have 3 games until that. Gives me zero confidence in them getting any kind of results.

The players slumped to the ground because they realised they were going to have to delay their holiday in Magaluf by a fortnight.

ronaldo7
07-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Who were the 4?

I never noticed, just saw Hibs players slumping to the ground and thought they've given up the ghost when we still have a game to play on Saturday.

Why do you ask?

BSEJVT
07-05-2014, 11:26 AM
I never noticed, just saw Hibs players slumping to the ground and thought they've given up the ghost when we still have a game to play on Saturday.

Why do you ask?

Because much as I don't think Butcher is the answer, that type of mental softness is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Far too many of these ****ers give up the ghost too easily.

Its just a sign of abject surrender and there are still huge battles to fight.

Football wont get us out of this situation, fight might, sadly I think we are light on both.

Personally I would pick the 11 guys most up for a battle for the next 3 games and try and shape a side round that.

Having said that I couldn't tell you if we have 11 guys up for battle in the first teams squad, I would doubt it.

Is speaks volumes for the stagnation at under 20 level that other than Cummings, whose time will come, that we don't have anyone else our Managerial dream time think can fluke a goal out of nowhere.

Instead we rely on Collins & Haynes, neither of whom could score in a barrel of fanny's, when Cummings runs out of gas.

Utterly utterly clueless management, if you keep doing what you have always done you will keep getting what you have always got!

ronaldo7
07-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Because much as I don't think Butcher is the answer, that type of mental softness is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Far too many of these ****ers give up the ghost too easily.

Its just a sign of abject surrender and there are still huge battles to fight.

Football wont get us out of this situation, fight might, sadly I think we are light on both.

Personally I would pick the 11 guys most up for a battle for the next 3 games and try and shape a side round that.

Having said that I couldn't tell you if we have 11 guys up for battle in the first teams squad, I would doubt it.

Is speaks volumes for the stagnation at under 20 level that other than Cummings, whose time will come, that we don't have anyone else our Managerial dream time think can fluke a goal out of nowhere.

Instead we rely on Collins & Haynes, neither of whom could score in a barrel of fanny's, when Cummings runs out of gas.

Utterly utterly clueless management, if you keep doing what you have always done you will keep getting what you have always got!

:aok: The point on Cummings running out of gas. The laddie needs a hand up there. I think he needs to play with a front man who can hold the ball up or to run through on flick ons. The only ones in the squad we currently have are Haynes and Collins.

WE NEED TO MAN UP.

allmodcons
07-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Cannot fault them for effort but with no guile, creativity or anyone with a goal in them its difficult to see where or how we can win on Saturday.

Hoping for a miracle time!

:agree: I thought effort was good last night, but team really lacks creativity and, sadly, confidence. Our forwards Cummings and Handling never looked like scoring and, like you, I find it hard to see where the goals (even 1 goal) are going to come from versus Kilmarnock.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2014, 11:54 AM
We missed Thomson last night.

Cropley10
07-05-2014, 12:18 PM

How did our striker do, James Collins?

Lmc2105
07-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Just out my Kip .. was a long hard Journey home last night where i have never seen a bus so silent after a game, Agree with most that the first twenty minutes or so we played really good football ball on the deck and we actually looked a threat but after that and County got a foothold in the game we ran out of Ideas and hoof was back. Thought Alan Maybury had a really good game. The most hurtful thing last night was when that final whistle sounded at least 5 players fell to their Knees and accepted defeat and that's what sparked an angry reaction from the crowd. Hoping that Killie get nothing from tonight and onwards we go to Saturday

Thanks to everyone that traveled with us yesterday and for all your kind messages and comments! :aok:

ALF TUPPER
07-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Well done everyone who made the trek to Dingwall last night. Much respect :hibees

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Arrived back home about 2.30am knackered but despite everything still upbeat. Started off well and at that point I thought maybe just maybe we might collect a rare three points and Saturday's match against Killie would be immaterial. That feeling didn't last for long, especially after the penalty as I couldn't see us scoring even if the match was still being played at midnight. Too one dimensional and very predictable. Long high balls to Cummings who even if he was standing on a fire engines ladder wouldn't have reached them. Crosses into the box which were easily gathered by Mark Brown. I would have preferred our players to be putting the balls into the penalty box with a bit zip and maybe somebody (even one of their players) would have stuck it in the net.

Dingwall. Nice wee ground but with strange facilities. Toilets are what you would expect on a building site and the catering pretty non existent unless you like a haggis pie or a Kit Kat. Thought the stewards were a bit over the top frisking all and sundry before entering the ground. I obviously didn't fall into the 'We need to frisk him' category so was spared the hassle. Also noticed that we were the only fans that their stewards were seated on the touchline watching. I suppose their fans are probably too well behaved and have a excellent record of good behaviour.

Would like to thank Lee for organising the buses and for getting me a seat on one of them although it was a bit short notice being only about an hour before departure. Stopped off at a wee hotel about 15 minutes from the Global Energy Stadium for pre match drinks which was well appreciated.

Oh well last night is now behind us and we move on to Kilmarnock on Saturday. Might only need a draw but we really need to be scoring first. Would take some of the pressure off the defence and give the fans something to sing about. Fingers crossed. Need to get the players over the finishing line.

GGTTH.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

One Day
07-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Just back. The response from the fans was odd at FT but a lot of anger. A standard hibs performance..powderpuff

The fan reaction at full time was very strange. seemed to be a 3 way split between fans wanting to clap and cheer another performance full of effort but no end result, fans booing another costly defeat and fans, like me, doing neither, just disappointed and wanting to get to the pub

emerald green
07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
That's the real worry. I don't think we'd have a hope in hell of coming back up next year.

We'd be up against Rangers, and a Hearts team that have already made fools of us this season. Our income would plummet. Somehow, with far less money, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs of results in the club's history would have to improve a team that would already struggle against most Championship sides.

When I started watching football, Dunfermline and Dundee were both a force in Scottish football. They both had a European profile. Now one of them is struggling to escape from the second tier of the worst Scottish League in history, and the other is struggling to get out of the third tier. I shudder to think of it, but that could be us.

:agree: :top marks