PDA

View Full Version : I know everyone is p****d off but...

Scotty-1875
06-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Now is not the time to point fingers. Save that for after Saturday.

We all have different opinions as to who's to blame for the position we are in now and we've blamed everyone from the top to the bottom. There are plenty of threads discussing who is to blame and players performances that you can use to voice your opinions and vent your anger, so please do it on one of those instead of here.

We need to do whatever WE can to motivate these players. Whether we like it or not, they'll be playing on Saturday and the management team will be making the decisions. Instead of tweeting the players to tell them they've done badly, send them some encouragement. We may not be happy with them but they need to be at their best. If you don't want to say anything nice about them, don't try to contact them at all as it will only make things worse. At least for just now anyway.

It's just a few days until we face Kilmarnock and we need to be get right behind the team again, hopefully for the last time this season. Saturday is going to be a nerve racking day for all of us and quite frankly, it's going to be a tough game.

Just one more league game for this team. Spur them on to get the win we so desperately need and get this season finished with. Then we can rebuild over summer and not have to worry about playing in any championship.

If you want to tweet the players and give them some encouragement get on and do it now. Let them know we're still behind them 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madhatter
07-05-2014, 06:15 AM

We all have different opinions as to who's to blame for the position we are in now and we've blamed everyone from the top to the bottom. There are plenty of threads discussing who is to blame and players performances that you can use to voice your opinions and vent your anger, so please do it on one of those instead of here.

We need to do whatever WE can to motivate these players. Whether we like it or not, they'll be playing on Saturday and the management team will be making the decisions. Instead of tweeting the players to tell them they've done badly, send them some encouragement. We may not be happy with them but they need to be at their best. If you don't want to say anything nice about them, don't try to contact them at all as it will only make things worse. At least for just now anyway.

It's just a few days until we face Kilmarnock and we need to be get right behind the team again, hopefully for the last time this season. Saturday is going to be a nerve racking day for all of us and quite frankly, it's going to be a tough game.

Just one more league game for this team. Spur them on to get the win we so desperately need and get this season finished with. Then we can rebuild over summer and not have to worry about playing in any championship.

If you want to tweet the players and give them some encouragement get on and do it now. Let them know we're still behind them 100%

I don't care to motivate these players. Wasters, complete wasters. They haven't cared one bit about performing well for us so I give up on this never ending stance of support the boys...

Stop giving the club what they want, another big day in the sun to plaster over the cracks and a summer break devoid of any real change due to our anticipation of new players. We will then get substandard players in and we can become emotional wrecks this time next season with more "support the boys!". This isn't the time blah blah blah. Repeat.

andy1875
07-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I agree with Madhatter. It's pathetic how much the fans put in by way of attendances etc in comparison to other clubs, ie Motherwell, Dundee United, ICT yet have far better squads than us every season.

Maybe the answer is to let the ST sales dwindle down to 3,000 next season. Maybe the sensitive, scared wee Hibs players can perform then.

I'm not renewing my ST until there's a massive change on the park. It's been utterly soul destroying for far too long now. The club are a joke from top to bottom. Still.

rcarter1
07-05-2014, 06:27 AM
I don't care to motivate these players. Wasters, complete wasters. They haven't cared one bit about performing well for us so I give up on this never ending stance of support the boys...

Stop giving the club what they want, another big day in the sun to plaster over the cracks and a summer break devoid of any real change due to our anticipation of new players. We will then get substandard players in and we can become emotional wrecks this time next season with more "support the boys!". This isn't the time blah blah blah. Repeat.

This is mostly untrue. Ive seen a lot of players try hard this season. The much maligned James Collins a prime example. The bottom line is that as a unit the team isn't good enough. A lack of genuine quality, pace or confidence is undermining all the teams efforts. Really that isn't their fault as much as Fenlon (for assembling the squad) and Butcher (for undermining them and failing to get in the right type of quality in January).

Ronniekirk
07-05-2014, 06:28 AM

Pissed off doesn't begin to cover it ,yes will be there on Saturday to support the team but it's out of habit now than expectation .We just seem to be sliding as the media predicted meekly to the play offs like lambs to the slaughter .

confused
07-05-2014, 06:32 AM
TWEET ! the players !!!! they should be so ashamed that they wouldn't go on a social network site , they should be so knackered practising passing a ball that they were looking for a bed,no a toy to play with, thats half the trouble , more interested in play than work.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Went on Saturday against Partick, but i dont think i will be there this week. 2000 or 20,000 i genuinely dont believe it will make an ounce of difference.

Scotty-1875
07-05-2014, 06:35 AM
TWEET ! the players !!!! they should be so ashamed that they wouldn't go on a social network site , they should be so knackered practising passing a ball that they were looking for a bed,no a toy to play with, thats half the trouble , more interested in play than work.

I just meant for anyone who is going to be sending them anything, make sure it's something good or nothing at all. I'm not standing up for these players or anyone at the club for a second. I just don't want to watch my club play in the championship next season

Gatecrasher
07-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Went on Saturday against Partick, but i dont think i will be there this week. 2000 or 20,000 i genuinely dont believe it will make an ounce of difference.
I was thinking about going but decided not to.

To be honest these rally calls to the fans whilst understandable will make no difference to the result or performance, There are too many examples of fans turning out in numbers only to be shat on.

Weir7
07-05-2014, 06:44 AM

Butcher gave them Sunday off so very little prep was done gor last night's game.

Butcher out.

madhatter
07-05-2014, 07:09 AM
This is mostly untrue. Ive seen a lot of players try hard this season. The much maligned James Collins a prime example. The bottom line is that as a unit the team isn't good enough. A lack of genuine quality, pace or confidence is undermining all the teams efforts. Really that isn't their fault as much as Fenlon (for assembling the squad) and Butcher (for undermining them and failing to get in the right type of quality in January).

Mostly untrue? True passion doesn't mean running around looking like you want to get the ball. True passion is running 50 yards+ to make an excellent sliding tackle or score a goal no matter what - getting teeth knocked out or getting hurt badly (Sauzee did it). A lack of genuine quality? When Butcher first arrived we were clean sailing into the top 6, if it was quality then has it suddenly left them? If I was playing for us, no matter how confident I felt I'd still try to take on a man, still try to hold the ball, still try to use my brain and realise shelling the ball forward when playing against a strong physical team is stupid.

These players, I'm sorry to say don't deserve our support: reason 1 being they are hopeless even although on paper we appear to have a reasonable squad; reason 2 being they may appear to care but like almost all football players they will move on and care little about us; reason 3 being they fall to the ground after such a big game (their suffering is at least 6 years less than us), what gives them the right?; reason 4 being we pay these guys' handsome wages and get nothing in return; reason 5...

We deserve something back now. The players deserve nothing from us. The management team deserve nothing from us. The club deserve nothing from us.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 07:37 AM
I was thinking about going but decided not to.

To be honest these rally calls to the fans whilst understandable will make no difference to the result or performance, There are too many examples of fans turning out in numbers only to be shat on.Correct every week the same thing (at least 4 threads last night), the fans must dae this, the fans must dae that, it disnae make a ****in' blind bit of difference what the fans dae, 4000 or 14,000, it's the same ***** and those that are there get another kick in the teeth. Those that will be there will be there and those that are pissed off winnae be. Who can blame anybody, particularly those that haven't already paid for no turning up tae watch that *****. I've paid, I'll be there if I hadnae, I wouldnae be.

Moon unit
07-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Likewise...as the players have chucked it!

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Did folks on the Titanic gather a mob to protest against the captain/lookout or deal with the matters at hand?

flash
07-05-2014, 08:15 AM
I will be there. Its one of the biggest games in recent history and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

SlickShoes
07-05-2014, 08:18 AM
I understand the sentiment in posts like these but it's blatantly clear that we as fans cannot motivate these players.

We have been asked to turn up in numbers in the cup final last year, it made no difference, to the malmo game, it made no difference, to the derbies, it made no difference, to all the recent 6 pointers the fans still piled in and again it made no difference.

It's not us, it's them.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I was there last night and will be there on Saturday to give the players my 100% backing and support. Yes they have been Tom Kite most of the season but does anyone really think they are doing it on purpose.

Get them over the finishing line and move on.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

keep the faith
07-05-2014, 08:24 AM

This is it. The effort thing is a nonsense. Fenlon assembled the least creative, slowest, imbalanced side I have ever seen and butcher has no idea what to do with it. Loan signings were terrible and he froze out Thomson before realising he is our only bit of quality.
A season which has been appally managed - yes. Players chucking it - I don't think so. They are just not good enough.

southsider
07-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I am very, very worried. Big game and Hibs let us down......God knows how many times we have had to suffer this. I would say about 80% of big games in the 50 years i have been going. It is par for the course for being a fan of this club. The bigger the game, the bigger the crowd, the bigger the let down. OMG i hope i am wrong but i cant see us in anywhere else bar the play-offs.

The Sea-gull
07-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Went on Saturday against Partick, but i dont think i will be there this week. 2000 or 20,000 i genuinely dont believe it will make an ounce of difference. I think a bigger crowd could make a difference - look at the new year derby though I concede circumstances were a little different. Agree with the op - now not the time for giving everything a good going over. Saturday won't be the time either if we end up in a play off. Whatever happens we will have all summer to chew the fat. For now we can't do anything about it other than give the team our support in our remaining game(s). This team does not deserve our support, neither does the manager and his assistant or the board but our club deserves it and needs it and that is the bigger picture just now.

brian6-2
07-05-2014, 08:38 AM
you could fill easter road twice over on saturday, it would mean nothing to this crop of players. bar a few they are the worst ive seen. complete wage thieves.

no fight, no passion, no pride. playing for hibs means absolutely bugger all to most of them.

HappyAsHellas
07-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Likewise...as the players have chucked it!

I believe this is far from the truth. Yes we've been bloody diabolical but it wasn't as if we were given the run around last night. We created some good chances and it's just as well Collins wasn't on at the time as some people on here would be forming a lynch mob. As a fan, I will never chuck it - I've got our tickets for Saturday and my daughter and I have every intention of singing our little hearts out to try and do our bit. That's all we can do - let's just hope the players do their bit. At the start of the split we knew we needed four points for guaranteed safety - nothing has changed.

Carheenlea
07-05-2014, 08:41 AM
We need to turn out in big numbers on Saturday because it's OUR club's future that is at stake. Not the players, most of which wont be here beyond the seasons end, not the chairman's, not the directors, but ours. We will be the ones who will continue to support the club long after those who are representing our club at present are gone.

Paisley Hibby
07-05-2014, 08:56 AM

I understand your frustration but don't agree with your assessment of what is wrong or what you want to do about it. The players ARE trying and DO care. The problem is that they are not good enough. Our only hope of staying up is to get behind them on Saturday and back them to the hilt. That's what I'll be doing. However, if they succeed in staying up and we get asked to stay behind for one of those thank you lap of honour thingyies, they can **** right off. An empty stadium when they come back out will send the right message about how much needs to be done over the summer.

Scotty-1875
07-05-2014, 08:58 AM
I think a bigger crowd could make a difference - look at the new year derby though I concede circumstances were a little different. Agree with the op - now not the time for giving everything a good going over. Saturday won't be the time either if we end up in a play off. Whatever happens we will have all summer to chew the fat. For now we can't do anything about it other than give the team our support in our remaining game(s). This team does not deserve our support, neither does the manager and his assistant or the board but our club deserves it and needs it and that is the bigger picture just now.

We need to turn out in big numbers on Saturday because it's OUR club's future that is at stake. Not the players, most of which wont be here beyond the seasons end, not the chairman's, not the directors, but ours. We will be the ones who will continue to support the club long after those who are representing our club at present are gone.

This was exactly what I meant by this post. Whether you like the players, management, board or anything else, it makes no difference right now; they'll be involved on Saturday.

I also didn't mean I wanted you all to tweet or contact the players, I just meant if you were going to do it, make sure it wasn't abuse.

ArmadaleHibs
07-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Numerous threads have said over many years "keep supporting" "sell out Easter road and we will win" " bigger support helps the players" " be positive and not negative" " don't turn your back on the players". Etc etc.......

The fact of the matter is, no matter if it's negative support or positive support it really doesn't have an effect on this current group of players. We keep coming back in droves and they keep letting us down. There's no right answer to this. Our failure to thrive in the last few years has been the only consistency

madhatter
07-05-2014, 09:13 AM
I understand your frustration but don't agree with your assessment of what is wrong or what you want to do about it. The players ARE trying and DO care. The problem is that they are not good enough. Our only hope of staying up is to get behind them on Saturday and back them to the hilt. That's what I'll be doing. However, if they succeed in staying up and we get asked to stay behind for one of those thank you lap of honour thingyies, they can **** right off. An empty stadium when they come back out will send the right message about how much needs to be done over the summer.

If they aren't good enough, surely they weren't good enough when we went on unbeaten run when Butcher took over? What has changed? Players don't care as much as we would all like to think, its a job to them and most of our starting 11 aren't hibs fans so they appear to care but most are thinking if we go down I'm off. If we stay up I'll be booted. Why should I care? Get our captain on the mic before kickoff and let's hear a rallying call from him. Oh wait, that isn't our style is it? We'll have the normal pre game, the same 1st half performance, swiftly followed by fit club shootout or kids on the pitch as we descend into the abyss. Then should we manage to claw the result we need, we'll delay the inevitable for next season. Groundhog day is all I know now. I'll be there but I'll be solemnly hoping for the best for my club, I will not support this nonsense no matter the spin put on it.

Paisley Hibby
07-05-2014, 09:55 AM
If they aren't good enough, surely they weren't good enough when we went on unbeaten run when Butcher took over? What has changed? Players don't care as much as we would all like to think, its a job to them and most of our starting 11 aren't hibs fans so they appear to care but most are thinking if we go down I'm off. If we stay up I'll be booted. Why should I care? Get our captain on the mic before kickoff and let's hear a rallying call from him. Oh wait, that isn't our style is it? We'll have the normal pre game, the same 1st half performance, swiftly followed by fit club shootout or kids on the pitch as we descend into the abyss. Then should we manage to claw the result we need, we'll delay the inevitable for next season. Groundhog day is all I know now. I'll be there but I'll be solemnly hoping for the best for my club, I will not support this nonsense no matter the spin put on it.

I think that unbeaten run was simply due to a dead cat bounce. That, plus our failure to improve the quality in the January transfer window and some bad luck with injuries. I'm sure you're right that most of the players are not Hibs fans but they are professional footballers and they will be caring about the current mess we are in - either out of professional pride or simply through self interest (ie who else is going to want to sign any of them when they get binned in a few weeks time?)

Lester B
07-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Agree with almost all of this but not that are simply not good enough. This is an average Hibs team which should finish Bottom 6 but nowhere near play offs. They are being managed by a man who has shown himself to be tactically inept and not a motivator despite his claims to the contrary. He's made them worse than they are and were before. We cannot blame this one on Petrie, previous ones sure but not this one. Butcher is to blame and I can't see that he will get us out of this.

dunks
07-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Did folks on the Titanic gather a mob to protest against the captain/lookout or deal with the matters at hand?

Did they not gather round the piano for a sing song? :na na:

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 11:33 AM
I'll be there, and I hope we get a good crowd who create the best possible atmosphere. The OP makes a very pertinent point in saying we need to get through the next game then start the inquests and the rammies. I've said on the forum this week that I've never felt so pessimistic about the team, but I'll forget that against Killie. We must stay up. I would ask wavering Hibbies to come down and make some noise, then we can talk until the coos come home about the future. Things are shambolic, but let's clear this hurdle first.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2014, 11:49 AM

What an odd way to describe a last day of the season playoff decider :confused:

madhatter
07-05-2014, 12:14 PM
I think that unbeaten run was simply due to a dead cat bounce. That, plus our failure to improve the quality in the January transfer window and some bad luck with injuries. I'm sure you're right that most of the players are not Hibs fans but they are professional footballers and they will be caring about the current mess we are in - either out of professional pride or simply through self interest (ie who else is going to want to sign any of them when they get binned in a few weeks time?)

Quite a few players have been binned by Hibs and gone on to better things (not in relegation dogfight). Vaz Te, Rankin, Osbourne (rated poor before sold), Doumbe, Mark Brown, Wotherspoon, Doherty. List goes on...

Sorry but if I was getting paid thousands a week to kick a ball, I'm not if I'd be capable of contemplating professional pride (unless I supported the team) - that for me isn't a reality. Self interest - that I can believe in, that's probably why we are in this position though...Take away wages from football, remove the notion of "form" and pay on a performance basis - similar to tennis. You win a contest, you get a reward...

PatHead
07-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Mostly untrue? True passion doesn't mean running around looking like you want to get the ball. True passion is running 50 yards+ to make an excellent sliding tackle or score a goal no matter what - getting teeth knocked out or getting hurt badly (Sauzee did it). A lack of genuine quality? When Butcher first arrived we were clean sailing into the top 6, if it was quality then has it suddenly left them? If I was playing for us, no matter how confident I felt I'd still try to take on a man, still try to hold the ball, still try to use my brain and realise shelling the ball forward when playing against a strong physical team is stupid.

These players, I'm sorry to say don't deserve our support: reason 1 being they are hopeless even although on paper we appear to have a reasonable squad; reason 2 being they may appear to care but like almost all football players they will move on and care little about us; reason 3 being they fall to the ground after such a big game (their suffering is at least 6 years less than us), what gives them the right?; reason 4 being we pay these guys' handsome wages and get nothing in return; reason 5...

We deserve something back now. The players deserve nothing from us. The management team deserve nothing from us. The club deserve nothing from us.

.................and you moan about Butcher's management style

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Quite a few players have been binned by Hibs and gone on to better things (not in relegation dogfight). Vaz Te, Rankin, Osbourne (rated poor before sold), Doumbe, Mark Brown, Wotherspoon, Doherty. List goes on...

Maybe not on to better things, but Antoine-Curier.... That script's almost written, isn't it?

madhatter
07-05-2014, 12:20 PM
What an odd way to describe a last day of the season playoff decider :confused:

Just stating how the board will see it as we all sing our support in a packed ER (££££) and most likely applaud the players should we get the win. This, as far as they are concerned, is the same as our support at each of the last 2 SC final capitulations. ££££ and we lay off Petrie for a while. Hence my statement.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Did folks on the Titanic gather a mob to protest against the captain/lookout or deal with the matters at hand?No, the band played on as the bow slipped beneath the waves

http://aintnogod.com/ipb/uploads/gallery/album_17/gallery_298_17_2071.gifhttp://static.craiovaforum.ro/images/smilies/hidden/claud/band3.gif

07-05-2014, 09:48 PM
The players shouldn't need anybody to motivate them. If they can't motivate themselves for such an important game then quite frankly they may away not bother even showing up on saturday and can gtf out the club altogether.

Onion
07-05-2014, 09:59 PM

:agree: Size and amount of Hibs support makes no difference to this lot.
A vocal 13,000 at home and they're like scared wee rabbits in the headlights.
And last night 500 roaring them at RC and they look completely and utterly lost.
The effort is there but in reality they've chucked it. We know it. Butcher knows it. And Butcher probably knows he is to blame. Really shocking.... even for Hibs.

cjhibee1
07-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Supporters have little to no impact especially with the current team. They're professional athletes who will either perform or won't but a few extra decibels in the stadium is not going to sway this match. The club will say they need the support but the support is financial!