PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's Bulls**t!

AL-Qaholik
06-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Just read his post match interview on the Beeb site - the man is a f***ing moron!!
Happy with how we played? Didn't deserve to lose? Nothing negative about it?
I am so f***king sick of this clown and his thug of an assistant!
Not one single clue between the pair of them!
They need to be emptied regardless of whether we stay up or not!
In fact, emptying them before the Killie game is the only thing chance we have!
Never been more disgusted with all things Hibernian than I have over the last 3 months!

Callum_62
06-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Just read his post match interview on the Beeb site - the man is a f***ing moron!!
Never been more disgusted with all things Hibernian than I have over the last 3 months!

I dont think we did deserve to lose

But, alas, we did - AGAIN

No excuses acceptable for Saturday

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 12:18 AM
We didn't deserve to lose and Ross county are woeful. But we did. Teams know two things

A) hibs won't score against you if you defend properly

B) hibs will make an error and give you a chance to score

GreenArmyyy!
07-05-2014, 12:33 AM
You need to understand Butcher clearly won't have been happy with how we played tonight but he needs to try and keep things positive because of how fragile the dressing room is. The players fought and battled for everything tonight but you can still see they are scared to make the slightest mistake.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 12:34 AM
I see Butcher just waved to the fans as he went down the tunnel at FT...

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Butcher never came over. Players applauded once they had managed to pick themselves up from the turf

California-Hibs
07-05-2014, 12:45 AM
You need to understand Butcher clearly won't have been happy with how we played tonight but he needs to try and keep things positive because of how fragile the dressing room is. The players fought and battled for everything tonight but you can still see they are scared to make the slightest mistake.

This guy knows whats happening. :agree:

GreenLake
07-05-2014, 02:29 AM
This guy knows whats happening. :agree:

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2014, 02:36 AM
If.
Rudyard Kipling.

I'm_cabbaged
07-05-2014, 04:30 AM

Aye, they are fragile. HE made them that way by telling half of them that they were getting emptied!!!

hibbymick
07-05-2014, 05:11 AM
His loan signings have been poor as well. The best of the three ( watmore) IMO doesn't seem any better at going past a player than zoubir.

Gala Foxes
07-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Listening to Butcher is like listening to John Hughes post match, irrespective of how poorly the team plays he talks it up. He is kidding no-one, we have got a team of serial under-performers who lack any structure / shape and passion. Expected more of Butcher / Malpas, granted it is not "their team" in terms of the fact they inherited the players but it was not unreasonable to expect them to get the team playing in a more disciplined and committed manner. Interesting how Tudor-Jones, a player Butcher seemed to get a lot out of at ICT can't even make the team and how one of his "window" signings Boetang again can't get in what is already a poor side.

Sumner
07-05-2014, 05:58 AM
If.
Rudyard Kipling.

.. is Rudyard playing up front vs Killie?

Beefster
07-05-2014, 06:02 AM
"His man-management has been woeful. I can't believe he pissed off all the players by being negative about their prospects of staying after the summer."

"I'm fed up of his pish. Why is he being positive in the media?"

Hmmm.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 06:06 AM
"His man-management has been woeful. I can't believe he pissed off all the players by being negative about their prospects of staying after the summer."

"I'm fed up of his pish. Why is he being positive in the media?"

Hmmm.

He's the media darling, but his football management skills are up there with the duff Jimmy's and Colin Calderclowns.

And as for his Mr motivator skills. :faf:

confused
07-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I'M trying to be cool , calm , but ---- it's hard 6o years I've watched this team and deary me , this is among the worst , but I ask myself , ? Why did Butcher and co come to Hibs ? if as they are made out to be CLEVER , then they could see that we lacked class, they must have worked on systems to beat us , i'm just a supporter , but I can see a lot of our shortcomings, I honestly despair for the future,
Sorry Terry but cant see the point telling guys "you aint god enough " then bringing in loans who cant get in the team?? .
Maybe it's just me being old and stupid ,? but I'm lost.

Winston Ingram
07-05-2014, 06:54 AM

The only chance we've got is if he goes now.

It baffles me why some think with 1 win in 17 games think this man will get us a result in our last game. His management record is woeful, and has finished bottom in his first season with every top flight club. Hearts points deduction has saved him a hatrick.

HFC 0-7
07-05-2014, 07:04 AM
We didn't deserve to lose and Ross county are woeful. But we did. Teams know two things

If a and b are true and the opposition know it then we deserve to lose.

killie-hibby
07-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Butcher the motivator, Malpass the tactiction and Marsella the gem picker, all have failed to do their job. Hopefully there will be something in their contracts about dismissal without compensation for gross negligence. I have some sympathy for Nelson,McGivern,Craig,Collins who have been asked to play in a league well above their level of capability. LD will be in a state of shock when she discovers DR Petrie has been prescribing Hibs FC the wrong medication for the past 6/7 years. Jim Duffy would be a godsend compared to what we have now.

confused
07-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Butcher the motivator, Malpass the tactiction and Marsella the gem picker, all have failed to do their job. Hopefully there will be something in their contracts about dismissal without compensation for gross negligence. I have some sympathy for Nelson,McGivern,Craig,Collins who have been asked to play in a league well above their level of capability. LD will be in a state of shock when she discovers DR Petrie has been prescribing Hibs FC the wrong medication for the past 6/7 years. Jim Duffy would be a godsend compared to what we have now.

100% IN AGREEMENT (Maybe no about Mr Duffy ??)

greenpaper55
07-05-2014, 07:25 AM
I have to admit that i was one of the many who thought TB was the man for the job but i have to hold my hand up and say i got it so so wrong, never in my wildest dreams did i ever think we would sink to the level we are at right now. He and his sidekick "compo" should go now while we still have a chance of avoiding the drop.

MrRobot
07-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Disagree about Collins and Craig. Both are suited to different types of football and for that I feel sorry for them. We are not playing to either ones strengths.

We need wide men if Collins is going to be a like striker, something we don't really have. We have Harris but he gets nobody playing it out to him on the wings and still doesn't look 100%.

southsider
07-05-2014, 07:33 AM
I would have sacked him before the bottom six fixtures started but it is too late to do so now. All we can hope is that Killie loose tonight and we can scrape a draw on sat. His recent record is a sacking offence in those bottom six fixtures. 3 defeats, one draw with only 2 goals scored. If we survive we dont pay off his contract as this must be a case for gross incompetance if there ever was one.

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Aye, they are fragile. HE made them that way by telling half of them that they were getting emptied!!!

Was it half of them or only just 4. It happens at loads of clubs and players either find another club in the window or stay and fight for their place.

Bobby's Cinema
07-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Disagree about Collins and Craig. Both are suited to different types of football and for that I feel sorry for them. We are not playing to either ones strengths.

We need wide men if Collins is going to be a like striker, something we don't really have. We have Harris but he gets nobody playing it out to him on the wings and still doesn't look 100%.
I think we now need to surely accept that Collins is not good enough. You can talk about style, and service all you like,

But when was the last time Collins created a chance for himself, out of nothing? I'm struggling to think of a single one. This season.

ekhibee
07-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Was it half of them or only just 4. It happens at loads of clubs and players either find another club in the window or stay and fight for their place.
Totally agree. It pisses me off how all these people who go on about how crap some of these players are, are now critisizing the manager for having said the same thing as they've been saying for months. Talk about hypocrisy. And if these players are getting moved on they're hardly putting themselves in the shop window with those performances.

Alfred E Newman
07-05-2014, 09:22 AM

I was just saying to my son this morning that both the relegated Hibs sides would wipe the floor with this lot.

Hibtastic
07-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Ive noticed a change with Butcher recently - before, he used to come out and slate the team after a bad performance, now he talks them up. I think he is right, he needs to try and inject some sort of positivity into the team no matter how.

It is also clear that he had **** all money to spend in January after our spending last summer. I still cant believe that we paid money for James Collins.

First and foremost we need to secure our position in the league but I think whatever happens that there will be massive changes throughout the club in the summer.

borstalboy
07-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I seriously can't believe that any manager, let alone Butcher, would tell half the team in January (or whenever it was) that they're not getting kept on! I imagine it probably went along the lines of "you've got to prove you warrant a new contract, everyones place in the team is up for grabs and you all start with a clean slate".......that's not rocket science!

Lester B
07-05-2014, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=killie-hibby;3998276] /Hopefully there will be something in their contracts about dismissal without compensation for gross negligence./QUOTE]

We are really clutching at straws here with comments like that. There is no such thing as gross negiligence and summary dismissal i.e. without notice pay is for gross misconduct. That's for folks like us though. Football managers' contracts are more complicated which is why we have paid off previous idiots for the term of their contract or at least some of it.

I was reasonably happy when Butcher got the job. No longer. I was there last night. The players are scared and it's his job to motivate them and all he does is huff and puff and shout on the touchline. The tactics were woeful if indeed they were there at all. I don't buy the 'when he gets his own players in it will be different' line.

If we do go down he will spout the usual 'work hard', 'up for the challenge' rubbish. The man has delusions of adequacy.

Onion
07-05-2014, 09:37 AM
In the Daily Mail he's quoted as saying ... " Everything is positive now about Saturday and now the pressure is all on Killie"

WTF ?

Nothing to see here, move along...

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 09:40 AM

Disagree with that Craig for an experienced player has been incredibly poor and nothing like a leader figure especially in a young group. He has fallen out of games when he needed to show leadership and raise his level the number of times he has given the ball away under no pressure has been massive. As it is I dont think for a minute he is a central midfielder unless he has a running gazelle next to him as think he is very slow and not quick enough for central mid. He can do a job wide left which is where he should play.

Collins isnt a great player and his technique is poor however he tries his hardest every game and IMO he should play up front in a 2 with young Cummings.

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 09:41 AM
In the Daily Mail he's quoted as saying ... " Everything is positive now about Saturday and now the pressure is all on Killie"

WTF ?

Nothing to see here, move along...

It is true though if Kille dont win tonight we can draw and stay up.

Michael
I think we've played a lot worse than last night on many occasions this season. We weren't a huge attacking threat, but other than that we were okay. We were certainly the better side. Depending on the night it could have been 0-1, 0-0, or as it turned out 1-0.

For me, the problem is that we've played a lot worse than that in too many games which is why we are in the position we are in.

It's now a lottery as to whether we stay up or go down.

Pretty Boy
It's a bit of a catch 22 for butcher.

We all want to hear he's hurting and for him to tell us what he really thinks. However that's clearly counter productive. He has to try and nuture whatever comfidence is there, he has to try and show a bit of a bullish attitude in public.

Going to be honest and say after watching the game last night I thought we did deserve to lose, I don't want Butcher saying that to the press though. I want him defending his team.

Jim44
07-05-2014, 09:44 AM

They only named four publicly, Thomson, Taiwo and two others but there were rumours that Butcher's gun was aimed at several more and he let them know it. Either way he has succeeded in losing the dressing room and removing any confidence the players had before he came on the scene. Rumours of his motivational and man-management skills are grossly exaggerated. His amateur psychology and media friendly persona seem a bit like 'fur coat and nae knickers.'

Bobby's Cinema
07-05-2014, 10:11 AM
His contradictions in the media, mixed messages to the team and in team selection, are a MASSIVE part of the reason we are struggling so badly.

And the recent move to have the chairman address the players? He is quite evidently, a man lost.

Gettin' Auld
07-05-2014, 10:12 AM
.. is Rudyard playing up front vs Killie?

No, but he does make 'exceedingly good cakes'

Bristolhibby
07-05-2014, 10:16 AM

This, it's quite formulaic actually. Was just discussing it with my Dad.

That is why the other Tom Kite teams keep managing to beat us.

Just keep it tight and Hibs will present you with your goal.

It's been like that all season.

We really have to go for it on Saturday as we will gift Killy a goal, so we need to ensure that we score two.

J

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 10:18 AM
It's a bit of a catch 22 for butcher.

We all want to hear he's hurting and for him to tell us what he really thinks. However that's clearly counter productive. He has to try and nuture whatever comfidence is there, he has to try and show a bit of a bullish attitude in public.

Going to be honest and say after watching the game last night I thought we did deserve to lose, I don't want Butcher saying that to the press though. I want him defending his team.

Agree he has to be upbeat whatever he thinks.

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 10:21 AM
They only named four publicly, Thomson, Taiwo and two others but there were rumours that Butcher's gun was aimed at several more and he let them know it. Either way he has succeeded in losing the dressing room and removing any confidence the players had before he came on the scene. Rumours of his motivational and man-management skills are grossly exaggerated. His amateur psychology and media friendly persona seem a bit like 'fur coat and nae knickers.'

Ok didnt know that however loads of other teams tell players they may want to find another club to try and make some room for players coming in. As you say what isnt arguable is the performance level which has dipped remarkably and while the management need to take some responsibility for that so do the players many of which are experienced.

Onion
07-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Totally agree.

Fergus52
07-05-2014, 10:39 AM
The calls to sack butcher are ridiculous.

He's not done a good job so far, but the continuous cycle of managers is part of the reason we're in this mess.

he needs to be given until after the summer at least.

Alfred E Newman
07-05-2014, 11:26 AM
The calls to sack butcher are ridiculous.

He's not done a good job so far, but the continuous cycle of managers is part of the reason we're in this mess.

he needs to be given until after the summer at least.
Its the timing of the sackings that is the problem. After the summer is too late. Aberdeen made the change late last season before the transfer window. We wait till the damage is done and the new manager is left to work with players he doesn't fancy.

Lang Toun Hibs
07-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Agree he has to be upbeat whatever he thinks.

If only he had thought of this in January/February when he was targeting a top six finish while simultaneously ripping the players to shreds.

connerg
07-05-2014, 01:27 PM

That pair have taken a mid-table team with a good chance of top six place into a play off threatened team in a matter of months.
****in idiots. Both have had International experience at defending, what a ****in joke.

FitbaFolkKen
07-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Its the timing of the sackings that is the problem. After the summer is too late. Aberdeen made the change late last season before the transfer window. We wait till the damage is done and the new manager is left to work with players he doesn't fancy.

Yup, changing in October/November effectively ruins a season. Changing in the summer gives the new mana a decent chance to prepare, friendlies etc... to test what he's got and what he needs.

southsider
07-05-2014, 02:10 PM
It really bugs me why football managers get large pay-offs for being a failure. Lets test the water and sack TB and his whole team as their "term in office" has been a downwright catasrophe. If his loan signings are anything to go by i really do not think he can be trusted with cold, hard cash in the summer.

Lester B
07-05-2014, 02:16 PM
It really bugs me why football managers get large pay-offs for being a failure. Lets test the water and sack TB and his whole team as their "term in office" has been a downwright catasrophe. If his loan signings are anything to go by i really do not think he can be trusted with cold, hard cash in the summer.

You can't break contractual terms. Test the water?? You can't do that. Automatically unfair and you'd have to pay up the full amount and then some more as compensation. Plus legal fees

emerald green
07-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Terry Butcher has no alternative really but to come out with all the usual positive statements to the media. The trouble is Terry, nobody believes any of it anymore. Neither the fans, nor any of our opponents. To be fair to him, Hibs fans have been hearing these platitudes for years now from a succession of managers and selected players. It's boring and depressing now. Just stop the talking and win a football match on Saturday. If we can maintain our SPFL status that buys the club time to take stock and consider where the club goes from there. It's a very big if. I would say it's 50/50 whether we can avoid the play-off place now.

weonlywon6-2
07-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I still back butcher as manager as i feel the players we have are just not good enough.
Did butcher saying there will be a clearout in the summer change things,who knows but i still feel we can judge him better when he gets his own style of players on the park.
I do not expect them to come out next season and finish second but a significant improvement will be expected.

Itsnoteasy
07-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I think we now need to surely accept that Collins is not good enough. You can talk about style, and service all you like,

But when was the last time Collins created a chance for himself, out of nothing? I'm struggling to think of a single one. This season.

I am going to start calling him "head in the hands" cause that's all he does when he misses a sitter. That is how he is bald.

Itsnoteasy
07-05-2014, 06:10 PM

Said again today that we will win on Saturday. Record must be stuck as I have heard that more than enough

Onion
07-05-2014, 06:18 PM

Shirley there will be a walk away clause in the case of relegation, giving both parties the right to sever contract for free ? Wonder which of our players might be able to walk away ?