PDA

View Full Version : Saturday.

hibbysam
06-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Saturday is a game I feel James Mcpake must start in. He's not perfect but the man cares and will get stuck in. Boyd will be up front on his own, he's not mobile so we won't need pace at the back to deal with that... We need boys who will get tight and deal with there aerial threat. Mcpake and Nelson in the middle with Forster and McGivern either side. Stevenson on the left with Stanton and Robertson in the middle and Watmore on the right! Pick any two to play up front and hope that one might score!

edinburghhibee
07-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Saturday is a game I feel James Mcpake must start in. He's not perfect but the man cares and will get stuck in. Boyd will be up front on his own, he's not mobile so we won't need pace at the back to deal with that... We need boys who will get tight and deal with there aerial threat. Mcpake and Nelson in the middle with Forster and McGivern either side. Stevenson on the left with Stanton and Robertson in the middle and Watmore on the right! Pick any two to play up front and hope that one might score!

I agree with this.

JOD
07-05-2014, 02:47 AM
:top marks

Aldo
07-05-2014, 05:52 AM
We have to play two up top from the off. Non of this 1 on his own. Take the game to Killie.

Ronniekirk
07-05-2014, 06:21 AM
We have to play two up top from the off. Non of this 1 on his own. Take the game to Killie.
Which two up top Aldo ?that's the problem Said last night we are relying on young Cummings to score his first goal and it's too Mutch pressure for him Collins has no confidence and Hayes was woefull in last full games against st Johnston and st mirren .
Cairney can create chances for others that is proven but can't get a place in team ,he also can at least go by players on occasion .
Set pieces from Nelson and foster and Stanton are our sources of late

Aldo
07-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Which two up top Aldo ?that's the problem Said last night we are relying on young Cummings to score his first goal and it's too Mutch pressure for him Collins has no confidence and Hayes was woefull in last full games against st Johnston and st mirren . Cairney can create chances for others that is proven but can't get a place in team ,he also can at least go by players on occasion . Set pieces from Nelson and foster and Stanton are our sources of late

That Ronnie is the $64,000 question. Not sure tbh. I would defo start with Cummings and another. If we play like we did against thistle and in parts against the yams we should be ok but we need a St Mirren win the nite.

Takes a bit if the pressure off from the starts and Killie would have to go for it hopefully leaving gaps that we can maybe exploit.

I'd maybe play Watmore in behind him and get him running at the back 4.

Who knows what TB will do

Alex Trager
07-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Is KT not back for Saturday? If so he has to play

scoopyboy
07-05-2014, 06:57 AM

I can think of nothing worse than Nelson and McPake as a central defensive pairing.

Nelson is gash and McPake is not match fit IMO.

I didn't think the central defence did much wrong last night.

MrRobot
07-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Time to promote the young LB and RB and see what the can do? From what I hear, they are fast and like to attack. McPake and Forster in the centre. Nelson and McGivern left at home.

Williams
RB McPake Forster LB
Thomson
Robertson Stanton Stevenson
Collins Cummings

JustSimplyHibs
07-05-2014, 08:21 AM

He may not be mobile but the 2 players that play-off him are and they ripped us the last time at ER - they just couldn't score and FWIW Boyd found them every time!!!! They play 3 in the middle of the park and i'd out-number them there with 4.

Just a shame Thommo is missing as he would be in place of OTJ but my team would be...

___________Williams

____Forster McPake McGirven

_______Robertson OTJ

Watmore Stanton Handling Stevenson

_________Cummings

Subs - Murdoch, Baptie, Gardiner, Harris, Taiwo, Mulhall and any other player from the youth set-up.

Do you think the players and management will have the cheek to do a lap of honour after the game :faf:

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Time to promote the young LB and RB and see what the can do? From what I hear, they are fast and like to attack. McPake and Forster in the centre. Nelson and McGivern left at home.

Williams
RB McPake Forster LB
Thomson
Collins Cummings

Team should be:

Williams
Maybury Forster McGivern Stevenson
Harris Robertson Stanton Craig
Collins Cummings

Just hope Killie dont win tonight and we could then stay up with a draw which will force them to really go for it and hopefully we can pick them off. Cummings needs someone up top with him and while Collins is no Messi he can take some of the focus off Jason who will hopefully get his first goal.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 09:48 AM
...........Williams...........

Maybury..Forster...Nelson....McGivern

Watmore...Robertson..Craig...Stevenson

..............Stanton...........

..............Cummings..........

Expecting Rain
07-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Team should be:

Williams
Collins Cummings

Just hope Killie dont win tonight and we could then stay up with a draw which will force them to really go for it and hopefully we can pick them off. Cummings needs someone up top with him and while Collins is no Messi he can take some of the focus off Jason who will hopefully get his first goal.

Also the team I would pick.

scoopyboy
07-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Team should be:

Williams
Collins Cummings

I would go with that as well.

YehButNoBut
07-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Williams
RB McPake Forster LB
Thomson
Collins Cummings

Just wondering, now that the championship is finished, if we could play Booth at LB or can't we use him until next season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 01:41 PM
That Ronnie is the $64,000 question. Not sure tbh. I would defo start with Cummings and another. If we play like we did against thistle and in parts against the yams we should be ok but we need a St Mirren win the nite.

Takes a bit if the pressure off from the starts and Killie would have to go for it hopefully leaving gaps that we can maybe exploit.

I'd maybe play Watmore in behind him and get him running at the back 4.

Who knows what TB will do

Two up top is a must Aldo. We need people who will fight and battle, so I automatically think of Stevenson, McPake, Collins, Robertson, Craig, Neslon.

Pick the rest out a hat :greengrin

One thing for sure is that we will need Nelson and McPake at CB to deal with Boyd's aerial threat. I don't think Forster or McGivern could deal with Boyd if they are playing CB.

Whoever is at fullback needs to be on their game because young Johnston will punish them if not.

TBH I wouldn't mind seeing Zoubir play either...

Hibby K
07-05-2014, 02:06 PM
McPake has to play on Saturday, not for his footballing ability but solely because he's the guy who will shout at, cajole and encourage the players around him - something sadly lacking in this current team.
Last night's game against Ross County showed Richard Brittain doing this throughout the match - rubbish player but good captain! Did you see any Hibs players do likewise?
In saying that more than likely McPake will get himself sent off on Saturday as well!

xyz23jc
07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
McPake has to play on Saturday, not for his footballing ability but solely because he's the guy who will shout at, cajole and encourage the players around him - something sadly lacking in this current team.
Last night's game against Ross County showed Richard Brittain doing this throughout the match - rubbish player but good captain! Did you see any Hibs players do likewise?
In saying that more than likely McPake will get himself sent off on Saturday as well!

Mr Thomson will take care of that!!!

trev the hat
07-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I'd have had McPake come on as a CF sub in last 2 games. No one else is scoring so what's to lose.

Hibee-Wylie
07-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Williams
Maybury Forster Mcpake McGivern
Robertson Stevenson
Watmore Cairney Stanton
Cummings

Salisbury Hibby
07-05-2014, 03:09 PM
I'd have had McPake come on as a CF sub in last 2 games. No one else is scoring so what's to lose.

Inspired. Might just work - in the same way that sending the goalie up for a corner causes panic and mayhem. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Speedway
07-05-2014, 03:19 PM
If you start McPake, you have to have your sub warming up immediately to come on after 20 minutes.

Aldo
07-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Two up top is a must Aldo. We need people who will fight and battle, so I automatically think of Stevenson, McPake, Collins, Robertson, Craig, Neslon. Pick the rest out a hat :greengrin One thing for sure is that we will need Nelson and McPake at CB to deal with Boyd's aerial threat. I don't think Forster or McGivern could deal with Boyd if they are playing CB. Whoever is at fullback needs to be on their game because young Johnston will punish them if not. TBH I wouldn't mind seeing Zoubir play either...

DMB couldn't agree more bout 2 up top but I really do think that depends on The Killie result tonite..... Killie win and go a point above us then he has to go for it...... Killie draw or lose and Killie need to take the game to us, leaving gaps etc as they go for it. Then it's one up top.

IIRC it was Hanlon and Nelson when we beat the 3 nowt in the last game at ER.

Our most important game in the last 7 years IMHO and it looks like it's going to be winner takes all.