PDA

View Full Version : General observations from Ross County game - Groundhog day part 2

GreenCastle
06-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Started pretty well - but like so many times this season once we start well and don't score/other team takes lead we seem to struggle. When we go 1v0 down it must feel like 2v0 to the players. We have no belief we can/will score.

We lack creativity - our play is so predictable and easy to set up / defend against.

Williams - nearly got to penalty - made some good saves tonight

Maybury - same at Saturday - tried his best but the guy pretty much retired last season and wasn't good enough.

McGivern - still struggles in a 1v1 - can't change direction quickly enough

Forster - had a decent headed chance around 84 and 89 mins mins - suffering with no decent CH alongside him.

Stevenson - usual effort - but just not a left back

Robertson - stupid challenge for penalty - worked hard though.

Craig - improved again after last week - but needs help around him

Stanton - I think his best position is where Handling played but lack of midfield options made him play deeper.

Harris - shouldn't have started - he's not scared - he's generally just dropped his form / confidence suffering.

Handling - I still haven't seen him play well for us - lots of effort but doesn't do enough.

Cummings - he get's some crap service - and opposition seem to be getting stuck in early to him as a result - lack of creativity means he get's the ball hoofed into him still.

We are such a better team when we attack and get players forward - if we continue to go direct then either player Cummings and Collins or play 2 players who can link up - this 4-4-1-1 rubbish is just not working and leaving our lone striker with poor service and isolated.

We seriously need a miracle on Saturday as I think we will have to win - but he's now got 2 days...(tomorrow will be recovery) and Friday light training - to sort a team capable of possibly not losing or ideally beating Killie with Kris Boyd!!

The sooner this season is over the better - been one of the worst I can remember for a while. Massive changes needed on and off the pitch in summer - we need more competition for places / better quality and leadership all over the pitch.