PDA

View Full Version : The impending

madhatter
06-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I foresee some very high emotions if we lose to Killie. If we go down I'll still be a hibbie through and through but I won't be attending the games and I will not even check the scores until Petrie and board are swepted out. From what I see, the club take and take and have given nothing back.

This is it. We win, we lose. We stay up, we go down. No matter what they need to go. Weakness is engrained now, we need to exterminate it top down.

Hope we win and what I foresee as an impending riot simply becomes a very very large protest.

Club have used us fans whilst attempting to find the needle in the haystack (success) but sadly for them we're at the last straw.

sleeping giant
06-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Could be a vile atmosphere.
I wouldn't be surprised to fans at each others throats either.

Just need to get it done then we can reflect.
Sqeakybum time indeed.

madhatter
06-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Aye, another emotionally draining night.

This board should be shut down on match days.

We will beat Killie on Saturday and it will be a highly emotional day.
Mon the Hibbies, do us proud on Saturday.

I hope you are right but this decline is suggesting that the chances of this team doing us proud is so slim indeed. We'll pack out the stands but everything else about the club absolutely stinks at the moment.

We win on Saturday, even handsomely, I will still have no pride at all. No one should in this drivel.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 10:05 PM
It's worth remembering that we can't actually be relegated on Saturday.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2014, 10:09 PM

This.

A reactionary protest or poisonous atmosphere on Saturday, however understandable, does us no favours if we still have a 2 legged play off to win. How much lower would confidence levels be if the players were abused and verbally battered post game then had to try and rouse themselves for 2 huge games?

madhatter
06-05-2014, 10:11 PM

And? Are we just going to ignore 6 years of this? We manage to stay up, then what? Groundhog day? Give manager a season etc...Petrie and board have it good. Charge through the nose for STs and supply this year after year. We should not be in this position every year. I'm finding it very difficult to stick with this club much longer.

greenpaper55
06-05-2014, 10:11 PM
We were knocked out the cup by Raith who had not scored a goal in five games, that is the standard we are at, nothing will magically change between now and Saturday or the play off place where undoubtably we are heading.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 10:15 PM
And? Are we just going to ignore 6 years of this? We manage to stay up, then what? Groundhog day? Give manager a season etc...Petrie and board have it good. Charge through the nose for STs and supply this year after year. We should not be in this position every year. I'm finding it very difficult to stick with this club much longer.

Just stating the fact, if we lose any playoff that will be the time for the vitriol to roll down from the stands.

madhatter
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM
This.

A reactionary protest or poisonous atmosphere on Saturday, however understandable, does us no favours if we still have a 2 legged play off to win. How much lower would confidence levels be if the players were abused and verbally battered post game then had to try and rouse themselves for 2 huge games?

Not for me anymore. I stayed positive for the last 2 weeks saying we will do it and keep the atmosphere positive at games...we will stay up and all that. We are paying these players wages, we are paying the management teams wages, and they aren't doing their jobs. The club has individuals that havent been doing their job for years. And yet we are to support? What the hell do we get in return? Not for me. I will be at game, sitting solumely and waiting for something.

Torto7062
06-05-2014, 10:19 PM

Agree with Madhatter....Been too many years of downward slope......3 out of 4 of my kids have turned their back on Hibs for good..that hurts...Now shoot me down here but...

I've decided to work Saturday for the 1st time in 9yrs
because in the Past I have attended big games just to end up disappointed.

I still cant get over seeing my Son crying during THAT final...and he's a bloody teenager...

Forever Green

madhatter
06-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Just stating the fact, if we lose any playoff that will be the time for the vitriol to roll down from the stands.

And as I pointed out, if we stay up it'll be status quo...we need this to stop. All ifs and buts need to be removed. It has to change.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 10:22 PM
And as I pointed out, if we stay up it'll be status quo...we need this to stop. All ifs and buts need to be removed. It has to change.

I agree.

jacomo
06-05-2014, 10:57 PM

It does have to change, but staying up is the first step. Relegation will hurt more than last time around.

madhatter
06-05-2014, 11:01 PM
It does have to change, but staying up is the first step. Relegation will hurt more than last time around.

True. However I can almost guarantee if we beat Killie to stay up people will make for the exits applauding and then that'll be that. Was the same not said a few years back before the Dunfermline game? What change have we had? Nothing really.

We will all flip into give the manager the summer and next season blah blah blah if we stay up. Takes 2 weeks to kick a habit but changes must be made. We don't make changes because of the small hits we get. The club is like an addict. Its always ifs, buts...really is.

hibIBZ
06-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Hopefully we win on Saturday, but followed by a large protest about the poor standards this seaso, opposed to the back patting that went on after the Dunfermline game

Stringer
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
We deserve to go down, not just losing to prem opposition but Raith in the cup. Tactics are really similar to Fenlon's, identical shape to the Malmo game.

We are a club struggling to get results, struggling to score. For me we should be parking the bus. Men behind the ball, we aren't good enough offensively to be taking the initiative in games.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2014, 11:26 PM
We deserve to go down, not just losing to prem opposition but Raith in the cup. Tactics are really similar to Fenlon's, identical shape to the Malmo game.

We are a club struggling to get results, struggling to score. For me we should be parking the bus. Men behind the ball, we aren't good enough offensively to be taking the initiative in games.

We'll deserve to go down if we're sitting in 11th place at around 2pm on Saturday and then lose the play off.

If that doesn't happen, we'll deserve to stay up.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 11:37 PM
True. However I can almost guarantee if we beat Killie to stay up people will make for the exits applauding and then that'll be that. Was the same not said a few years back before the Dunfermline game? What change have we had? Nothing really.

We will all flip into give the manager the summer and next season blah blah blah if we stay up. Takes 2 weeks to kick a habit but changes must be made. We don't make changes because of the small hits we get. The club is like an addict. Its always ifs, buts...really is.

Unfortunately even up til a matter of weeks ago this place was awash with people ridiculing anyone who suggested relegation was a possibility. Far from just being a possibility relegation is the natural result of years of decline with sights being set ever lower. If we escape this season we will be back in the same position next season unless something changes. Such is the pack mentality on here though that anyone not seeing 'progress' was a 'bed wetter' etc, now the pack has turned & we are doomed, and spleens are being vented, but nothing that has happened should come as a surprise though. Unfortunately many of us have sleep walked into this disaster- more interested in being misled by fantasies of the 'Big L' over the road.