PDA

View Full Version : 2014/15 Season Tickets

theonlywayisup
06-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Being a mug, I renewed on the day the Season Tickets deal was announced (think it was the night of the United game).

If, and prey to god it does not happen, we get relegated, what is the chance that I can get my money back?

Have probably spent about a £1,000 per season for the last ten, but I will not spend that watching lower league football.

Rossco1875
06-05-2014, 10:00 PM
none, support the team through thick and thin:wink:

IberianHibernian
06-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Worry about this IF we`re relegated . Decisión to sell STs so soon was ridiculous but I presume fans buy early to help our club whatever league we`re in . Sure there`ll be a refund in case of relegation anyway - alternative would be massive PR disater for club .

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Why would they give a refund, did they sell you a 'Premiership' ST? Club will be desperate for every penny if the worst happens.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2014, 10:13 PM
If we get relegated I won't expect a refund. I bought a ticket to support the club.

It's undeniably tough at the moment, ****ing awful really. The club endures though, this team will move on, the current incumbents in the boardroom will move on but the club stays and continuing to suppprt through the thinnest of times ensures that.

theonlywayisup
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM
If we get relegated I won't expect a refund. I bought a ticket to support the club.

It's undeniably tough at the moment, ****ing awful really. The club endures though, this team will move on, the current incumbents in the boardroom will move on but the club stays and continuing to suppprt through the thinnest of times ensures that.

There is a tipping point for us all. I am about to reach mine. There are a lot of good Hibs fans that have already come to that conclusion.

greenpaper55
06-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Why would they give a refund, did they sell you a 'Premiership' ST? Club will be desperate for every penny if the worst happens.

Less games.

lucky
06-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I've renewed and don't expect a refund. Hibs are my team but tonight I've lost some of my love for the club but by Friday I'll be up for Saturdays survival game

Pretty Boy
06-05-2014, 10:21 PM
There is a tipping point for us all. I am about to reach mine. There are a lot of good Hibs fans that have already come to that conclusion.

You're right of course. I certainly wasn't trying to make an 'uberfan' type post.

I got close to reaching a tipping point earlier this season and chose to miss a couple of games I could have attended. Couldn't do it though long term. Going to Hibs games is just what I do and i've not reached a point where I see that changing, even if we do go down.

I've got no issue with anyone who feels differently though.

SouthamptonHibs
06-05-2014, 10:57 PM
I reached tipping point after the Hearts and Malmo game at start of season. I was then up for the three games over Xmas plus watched derby win on tv and thought I've got it back, but since then I've been up for one game "relegation party" I promised myself I wouldn't renew after that game.

I used to see it as a donation as I get no value out of it due to location.
Next season I'm sticking to Hibernians scheme and home and away tops as my contribution.
Unlikely to be a season ticket holder again (unless I move back).
13/14 season started badle but could end even worse

DH1875
07-05-2014, 07:24 AM
They are gonna have to do something, even if its just to off set walk up prices. ER will be empty if their gonna be charging £22 a game.

Mikeystewart
07-05-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm beyond caring about the results any more regardless of what league we're in; win, lose or draw i'll continue to support the club as long as there is one to support.

Holding back cash won't make things any better despite peoples disgust at how badly the playing budget has been used over the past 6-7 years.

Hopefully Leanne Dempster will make a difference at board level she doesn't seem the yes-man (yes-woman) type to bow to the perceived Machiavellian rule from Petrie.

People who have tipping points need to remember that this is football and even when all the right things are in place infrastructure, finance, players, staff etc no team is guaranteed anything, all clubs pulling in the same direction.

The only thing that can make a real difference is the fans.

Diego Simeone with a fraction of the budget of the bigger teams in Spain has galvanized the Athletico support, a support which on its own has played a massive part in pushing them to their first European Cup Final.

Obviously selling out the Kilmarnock game on Saturday and raising the decibel level will not guarantee a victory.....but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth.

leggeto
07-05-2014, 07:49 AM
I'll still be going regardless of the league, won't be happy about it but that's what I do

calumhibee1
07-05-2014, 08:12 AM
I've renewed, and won't be looking for a refund. However 380 quid for 18 first division home games is over 21 quid per game, which is absolutely ridiculous.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 08:31 AM
I've renewed already knowing full well that I wouldn't be guaranteed Premiership matches at Easter Road. Saying that I thought we would have been okay and well away from the threat of relegation.

It's a daft situation. I mean you wouldn't buy a cinema ticket not knowing what film you were going to watch. Titanic or Micky Mouse?

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 10:30 AM
While a refund shouldn't happen IMO should be some sort of discount whether that be given by vouchers for the shop or whatever I dont know.

green&left
07-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I've renewed, and won't be looking for a refund. However 380 quid for 18 first division home games is over 21 quid per game, which is absolutely ridiculous.

And thats the early bird. To buy a season ticket now in the East & West your talking £405. Sure they'll fly off the shelve.

northgreen24
07-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Don't you know what your all moaning at as if we go down we will get 2 old firm games and 2 Derbys more than we currently get :wink:

theonlywayisup
07-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Well done all of those saying it doesn't matter which league that we play in. However, I do think you will be in the minority.

I should also note that this doesn't mean I would be walking away from my team. I would still go and watch some games, just not enough to need a season ticket. I would just pick and choose my matches and where I sit.

Yes - Hibs could do with my money and, if invested well, we might become a better team. But, sorry, our track record of investing well in the team has been dire for the last 7 or 8 years. Stand up and be counted - I've been there before.

The tipping point will be reached if we are relegated, god forbid that to happen please.

theonlywayisup
07-05-2014, 11:56 AM
PS if the worst does happen, I can always change my username to theonlywayisupbutonlyafteraperiodinthechampionship :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
07-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Am I right in saying the payment plan is not available for those buying now outside the early bird window?

Hibs want £405 out my back pocket, when a family of four can get in at Rugby Park for £380 :aok:

Onion
07-05-2014, 12:07 PM

You can try that line as long as you like, but let's see what happens when 1000+ people are camped outside ER demanding their cash back. The club is a ****ing disgrace, has treated it's fans like **** for years, so let's see how they spin £430 to watch Hibs come 3rd in the Championship race :cb

Onion
07-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Don't you know what your all moaning at as if we go down we will get 2 old firm games and 2 Derbys more than we currently get :wink:

You should get a job in Hibs marketing team. Petrie will lap that up.

Can see the campaign now.... "Adventure II (2014 Edition)" with a FREE Bigotry Bonus. Come and cheer Hibs to 3rd place in the Championship.

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
They are gonna have to do something, even if its just to off set walk up prices. ER will be empty if their gonna be charging £22 a game.I agree they'll have tae dae something, at least have tae offer a refund because walk up prices will have tae be lowered otherwise the simply winnae be any.