PDA

View Full Version : Sect 43 behind the goals?

TheFamous1875
06-05-2014, 09:11 PM
If the fans want to play their part, how about the most vocal fans get behind the goals and cheer the team on in close proximity for 90 minutes as they shoot towards their fans.

I hope no one takes this thread the wrong way. We're all hurting, but I'm just thinking that if posters want to focus on what they can do to back the team, then this could be an effective way of making the support count. It would be an effective way of the fans playing their part.

Thecat23
06-05-2014, 09:18 PM
I've always said it would be great to have those boys behind the goals than away up in the stands. I understand though some like it up there but I think even for this game pack out the FFS and just sing like mad and suck that ball into the goal as they say.

ALF TUPPER
06-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah . Got to be worth a punt

HibsNutter
06-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I wish singing sections would disappear and the whole ground would sing.

wearethehibs
07-05-2014, 05:54 AM
The thing is it probably wont ever happen. Hibs would need to relocate ST holders in the FF in order to have a designated section behind the goals and I don't think those fans would be happy.

Agree with Hibs nutter, wish we didn't need a singing section.

Hell even people that are in Section 43 don't sing.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 06:12 AM
Only at Hibs would we have a singing section as far away from the pitch as possible. 99% of the most vociferous supports are behind the goal. :agree:

marinello59
07-05-2014, 06:12 AM
The thing is it probably wont ever happen. Hibs would need to relocate ST holders in the FF in order to have a designated section behind the goals and I don't think those fans would be happy.

Looking on the bright side, that may prove to be less of a problem over the next few seasons. Every cloud. :greengrin

3pm
07-05-2014, 06:53 AM
I think Section 43 have had the life sucked out them. No offence to the lads and lassies who go there but they hardly make a noise these days.

The fitba on show has damaged them.

MacBean
07-05-2014, 08:49 AM
This is a great idea, look at the Palace fans on Monday night v Liverpool?

Keith_M
07-05-2014, 10:07 AM

I think the OP is suggesting this only for Saturday's game, which wouldn't actually require moving anybody, as (I think) it's possible to change your seat for a single match.

Moving the Singing Section permanently is probably best left for another discussion, as well as the need to actually have one in the first place :wink:

Totally agree with the point about having the life sucked out of it. It was absolutely fantastic for a year or so but the guys have been ground down by the dire fair on display.

RIP
07-05-2014, 10:26 AM
If the fans want to play their part, how about the most vocal fans get behind the goals and cheer the team on in close proximity for 90 minutes as they shoot towards their fans.

I hope no one takes this thread the wrong way. We're all hurting, but I'm just thinking that if posters want to focus on what they can do to back the team, then this could be an effective way of making the support count. It would be an effective way of the fans playing their part.

Sect43 packed in last year mate:boo hoo: There's a couple of dozen hardcore supporters always up for starting songs and a hundred or two other that will join in. This was demonstrated at last night's match. The drum went all the way up to Dingwall with advance permission and ended up back on the bus FFS!. RC didn't give us behind the goal, most clubs are starting to push singing fans into corners

Posters are right. We used to easily outsing most teams 3 or 4 years ago. One of the loudest supports in the SPL. But try singing for 90 minutes every season while watching manager after manager delivering an anti-football / mindless hoofball product that the players don't buy into.

It's like trying to eat yer tea with a fresh steaming turd delivered to your table every time by the chefs. It can be done but it's not enjoyable! Eventually it will put you off your food.

Persevere80
07-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Without sounding cheeky there have been a few threads and even a pole about this idea before but nothing much come of it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chuck Rhoades
07-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Without sounding cheeky there have been a few threads and even a pole about this idea before but nothing much come of it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

We've met with the club numerous times. Provided them with polls/feedback. They are unwilling to let us relocate with their cooperation. Also unwilling to let us produce a letter and form to send to ST holders in the middle section of FF lower asking them on their thoughts and of they'd be willing to relocate if not wanting to be in this section.

So we're tied with having to look at e-ticketing sales, find what block/rows in FF lower have availability and sort out own relocation without the cooperation of the club.

They've refused flags for being 5-10cm above the stadium guidelines, no surprise about the relocation.

These guys should be working in Risk/Controls somewhere else. Barriers upon barriers.

Pete
07-05-2014, 04:28 PM
We've met with the club numerous times. Provided them with polls/feedback. They are unwilling to let us relocate with their cooperation. Also unwilling to let us produce a letter and form to send to ST holders in the middle section of FF lower asking them on their thoughts and of they'd be willing to relocate if not wanting to be in this section.

So we're tied with having to look at e-ticketing sales, find what block/rows in FF lower have availability and sort out own relocation without the cooperation of the club.

They've refused flags for being 5-10cm above the stadium guidelines, no surprise about the relocation.

These guys should be working in Risk/Controls somewhere else. Barriers upon barriers.

Our new CEO will probably listen so don't give up.

...and why does it have to be the central sections? You'll have more joy tempting people in two end sections next to each other.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Sect43 packed in last year mate:boo hoo: There's a couple of dozen hardcore supporters always up for starting songs and a hundred or two other that will join in. This was demonstrated at last night's match. The drum went all the way up to Dingwall with advance permission and ended up back on the bus FFS!. RC didn't give us behind the goal, most clubs are starting to push singing fans into corners

Posters are right. We used to easily outsing most teams 3 or 4 years ago. One of the loudest supports in the SPL. But try singing for 90 minutes every season while watching manager after manager delivering an anti-football / mindless hoofball product that the players don't buy into.

It's like trying to eat yer tea with a fresh steaming turd delivered to your table every time by the chefs. It can be done but it's not enjoyable! Eventually it will put you off your food.

I wondered what happened to the drum. All that practising on the bus for nothing.

emerald green
07-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I think Section 43 have had the life sucked out them. No offence to the lads and lassies who go there but they hardly make a noise these days.

The fitba on show has damaged them.

This. :top marks

Chuck Rhoades
07-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Drum was refused into Dingwall. Heard someone was playing it on FIH bus? I was on the Carlton.