PDA

View Full Version : Who else is extremely worried now?

beensaidbefore
06-05-2014, 08:37 PM
I thought we were going to pull a win out the bag tonight. I'm now very worried. If Killie beat St Mirren tomorrow, a draw might not be enough on Sat. I can't see us getting a win.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2014, 08:40 PM
probably the ones that were worried several games ago...but got the usual for being 'bedwetters' :wink:

Monts
06-05-2014, 08:40 PM
If Killie and Partick win tomorrow then we're screwed!

pontius pilate
06-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Im worried I reckon it will be a draw tomorrow and a nerve shredding draw on saturday we will stay up but only just

Tollhouse Hibee
06-05-2014, 08:42 PM
i said a couple of games before the split i did not fancy us to win another game this season, and i dont think we will.

lets just hope killie cant either

andy1875
06-05-2014, 08:43 PM
The club is a compete joke and how Hibernian is in this state in a league as poor as it is beyond criminal.

Powderpuff again tonight in a must win. We're finishing 11th, I'm now convinced.

Whether or not we can beat the likes of Hamilton, tine will tell.

Butcher has alot to answer for, his 3 signings in January have been a disaster. Not one of them has contributed a thing in 4 months. Astonishing.

Northernhibee
06-05-2014, 08:44 PM
If we go down then I hope that we see no more of Petrie in any role whatsoever at the club (none of this non-executive director pish), that more from the board follow him and the spineless ********s who protested outside ER to get Fenlon out never show their faces near ER again.

mmmmhibby
06-05-2014, 08:44 PM
If Killie and Partick win tomorrow then we're screwed! We just need to hope they both get beat, then pray to god that we come through on Saturday. Then we can get rid of the deadwood that has dragged our club down. All bar the youngsters and Liam Craig.

Boyle89
06-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm bricking it at the thought of having to win on Saturday! Just have to hope the team can pull a result out from somewhere.

Tollhouse Hibee
06-05-2014, 08:46 PM
We just need to hope they both get beat, then pray to god that we come through on Saturday. Then we can get rid of the deadwood that has dragged our club down. All bar the youngsters and Liam Craig.

craig is part of the deadwood pal. mince all season

Stevie Reid
06-05-2014, 08:47 PM
We are ****ed because our manager, despite looking a good appointment at the time, has been clueless and inept, practically from the moment he walked in the door. He has taken a middling SPL team and turned us into a basket case headed for the toughest Championship we could ever encounter.

His win ratio is an astoundingly bad 19%, the loss ratio 50%. Even Calderwood somehow managed to get 5 SPL wins in a row to keep us up in 2011, I cannot see any way that we are going to pick up the necessary wins to keep us in this division. Furthermore, regardless of whether we stay up or not, I have zero faith in Butcher to take us anywhere.

Anyone who blames Fenlon, Petrie or anyone else other than Butcher for the position we are in, needs their head read. Took our SPL status for granted in January and didn't sign anyone who could help us, apparently to keep the budget for the summer - smart move Terry. Decided to write off some of our better players very early on, only to realise he then needed them, before making about 5 changes every game out of shear desperation. Smart move, Terry. Nothing against him personally, but he clearly doesn't know what the **** he is doing.

Hearts have signed one player this season and have won more games, and scored 11 more games than us. Unbelievably bad.

KWJ
06-05-2014, 08:48 PM
So erm...this play off thingy.

Is it 2 legs?

As I understand it QotS play Falkirk again and the winner has another 2 leg match against Hamilton and the winner of that has 2 legs against 11th in Prem?

That right? If it's QotS or Falkirk they could be knacked....

hibee_girl
06-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Is it 2 legs?

As I understand it QotS play Falkirk again and the winner has another 2 leg match against Hamilton and the winner of that has 2 legs against 11th in Prem?

:agree:

Postman
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
More than worried now! We are going into all our recent games with one up front and that one has NEVER scored a first team goal! Where can you get any comfort in that??
KT is the only decent outfield player in the whole squad, complete shambles

Gatecrasher
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Now? This has been on the cards for at least 2 months.

Northernhibee
06-05-2014, 08:51 PM
craig is part of the deadwood pal. mince all season

Top goalscorer.

Our third top goalscorer is a ****ing U21s defender.

Hibercelona
If we go down then I hope that we see no more of Petrie in any role whatsoever at the club (none of this non-executive director pish), that more from the board follow him and the spineless ********s who protested outside ER to get Fenlon out never show their faces near ER again.

Wow. Just because we're worse off now, do you honestly believe that Fenlon was an acceptable standard for the job?

Without Griffiths to bail him out, we may have still found ourselves in this position.

Spike Mandela
11th spot has had an inevitability about it for weeks now. Worryingly predictable.

maximushibee
06-05-2014, 08:52 PM
We just need to hope they both get beat, then pray to god that we come through on Saturday. Then we can get rid of the deadwood that has dragged our club down. All bar the youngsters and Liam Craig.

Liam craig really you would keep him? He is terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tollhouse Hibee
Top goalscorer.

Our third top goalscorer is a ****ing U21s defender.

that just shows how poor we have been all season, yet Butcher thought Haynes was the answer........ :-(

Northernhibee
Wow. Just because we're worse off now, do you honestly believe that Fenlon was an acceptable standard for the job?

Without Griffiths to bail him out, we may have still found ourselves in this position.

Naw, but if he saw the season out we'd be safe and we just don't renew his contract.

As it is the extreme bed-wetters help to force him out and we're now close to relegation. Helped along of course by a board with no ambition whatsoever.

Sir David Gray
I thought we were going to pull a win out the bag tonight. I'm now very worried. If Killie beat St Mirren tomorrow, a draw might not be enough on Sat. I can't see us getting a win.

If Kilmarnock win tomorrow then a draw might only be any good on Saturday if Partick Thistle lose to Hearts.

kaimendhibs
06-05-2014, 08:53 PM
This is no surprise, has been coming for ages! I am worried sick

Sent from my iphone

adhibs

Is it 2 legs?

they'll have the fire in their bellies and get through it on adrenaline. our losers will be gutted their contracts have been extended another 2 games and will get blown away

I'm very worried

jacomo
We are ****ed because our manager, despite looking a good appointment at the time, has been clueless and inept, practically from the moment he walked in the door. He has taken a middling SPL team and turned us into a basket case headed for the toughest Championship we could ever encounter.

His win ratio is an astoundingly bad 19%, the loss ratio 50%. Even Calderwood somehow managed to get 5 SPL wins in a row to keep us up in 2011, I cannot see any way that we are going to pick up the necessary wins to keep us in this division. Furthermore, regardless of whether we stay up or not, I have zero faith in Butcher to take us anywhere.

Anyone who blames Fenlon, Petrie or anyone else other than Butcher for the position we are in, needs their head read. Took our SPL status for granted in January and didn't sign anyone who could help us, apparently to keep the budget for the summer - smart move Terry. Hearts have signed one player this season and have won more games, and scored 11 more games than us. Unbelievably bad.

I always respect your posts because you always back up your opinions with the numbers.

I am now very concerned.

S4uzee
06-05-2014, 08:54 PM
ER won't be a nice place to be this Saturday

Del Boy
06-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Think we're down. Don't want to hear anymore from Butcher this season.

Gordy M
The only 'good' thing is that killie are worse than us, i expect them to get beat tomorrow, draw then does. Ridiculous that it has come to this though.

The_Todd

Is it 2 legs?

That's one way to look at it. Another is to say they'd be on an upward trajectory against a team in dismal form.

GreenCastle
06-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Been worried for months - scroll back a few pages on this forum and people have predicted what's happening.

I wanted TB but wow he continues to press the self destruct button and it seems he's making some bad choices and the players have zero belief in him.

Football is about scoring goals - simple. Attractive passing football etc comes 2nd.

We are NOT scoring goals...last season without LG we didn't score many.

We have a shocking defense that even if it plays bad can't be dropped as no one else to come in.

We keep missing opportunities to become safe.

We have 1 final opportunity before the playoffs to stay up - this Saturday we need to score 1st and win. Both we have struggled to do - I will support the team on Sat but if we lose there could be a riot.

IberianHibernian

Anyone who blames Fenlon, Petrie or anyone else other than Butcher for the position we are in, needs their head read. Agree but he has had support from press since the start . Anyway we have to stick in and hope that results go our way tomorrow and on Saturday . If they don`t then a play off and after that presumably a new manager but at least one who will have summer to plan and for club to promote . None of what I say is based solely on what I saw tonight - much better teams than us have struggled in Dingwall but results in 2014 are terrible - even Ross County home win came after they mised a sitter in last minute .

jacomo

The sad thing is that I actually reckon Petrie's got it right this time. He's bringing in a dynamic CEO to run the club (presumably with the authority to make the decisions she needs to make) and he steps back to set an overall framework and to protect the owner's interest - not wrong with that.

Unfortunately it is long overdue and we are now approaching a crisis situation, so the new set up might not get any time to bed in.

rcarter1
06-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Good news is Killie are in as bad a shape as we are. One way or another we have it in us to beat them, which is all we will need to do.

Badabing
Hoping it's a rhetorical question but do our season tickets count for the home play off game?

yeezus.
I'm worried that it will come down to the home game against Kilmarnock. With a bit of luck St. Mirren will win at Rugby Park tomorrow and ease the pressure.

It will be an even longer trip back from Stranraer on Saturday if we are in that play-off position. Come on Hibs!

:flag:

Benny Brazil
Worried? No - Resigned to the fact the we are pish and are going to be in the playoff and have been for a few weeks now

Stevie Reid
The only 'good' thing is that killie are worse than us, i expect them to get beat tomorrow, draw then does. Ridiculous that it has come to this though.

Kilmarnock have won more games than us. As have the team that are bottom of the league and relegated.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I could honestly greet right now.

eastterrace
06-05-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm worried that it will come down to the home game against Kilmarnock. With a bit of luck St. Mirren will win at Rugby Park tomorrow and ease the pressure.

It will be an even longer trip back from Stranraer on Saturday if we are in that play-off position. Come on Hibs!

:flag:

a draw tomorrow helps us as then we only need to draw against them on saturday but if they win tomorrow then im afraid thats it play off here we come.

gazmac
06-05-2014, 09:05 PM
For me Butcher and Malpas have to take most of the blame for this as they are clueless!! They have no loyalty to players, players told they can leave the club in January then they are back in, new captain appointed then flushed, loan signings in January were abysmal, told us Harris lacks confidence and wont play again this season but has started nearly every game, 4-5 changes per game as they haven't got a clue what their best formation is. Then they dont play the best player we have in KT. It goes on and on and on.....
Fitba is a simple game, play your BEST players who are 100% fit in their normal positions and stick with it!! TB and Malpas out now for me. I don' think I have seen worse!!!

Stevie Reid
06-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I always respect your posts because you always back up your opinions with the numbers.

I am now very concerned.

I wish the numbers were different mate.

I'm not one for attacking managers either, but Butcher has gotten so many things staggeringly wrong since his arrival. Not one player has improved and the vast majority have gotten even worse.

We have scored 3 goals in our last 9 games. We have played lower league opposition twice at ER this season and conceded 3 in each game.

Gordy M
06-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Kilmarnock have won more games than us. As have the team that are bottom of the league and relegated.
Yep i realise that but they are just of the back of an absolute humping by hearts. They are playing worse than us at the moment. If they dont win tomo then i think we are capable of a draw. Im clutching at straws mate, trying to find something positive....!!!

Stevie Reid
06-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Yep i realise that but they are just of the back of an absolute humping by hearts. They are playing worse than us at the moment. If they dont win tomo then i think we are capable of a draw. Im clutching at straws mate, trying to find something positive....!!!

I know man, wish I could do the same! Killie will have some sort of reaction from Sunday and are playing a team already safe. On top of that, I think they have more players who can hurt us than the other way around.

The only thing I can see in our favour is that we have to win again some time.

borstalboy
06-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Been worried for months - scroll back a few pages on this forum and people have predicted what's happening.

I wanted TB but wow he continues to press the self destruct button and it seems he's making some bad choices and the players have zero belief in him.

Football is about scoring goals - simple. Attractive passing football etc comes 2nd.

We are NOT scoring goals...last season without LG we didn't score many.

We have a shocking defense that even if it plays bad can't be dropped as no one else to come in.

We keep missing opportunities to become safe.

We have 1 final opportunity before the playoffs to stay up - this Saturday we need to score 1st and win. Both we have struggled to do - I will support the team on Sat but if we lose there could be a riot.

It's all if's, but's and maybe's when it comes down to team selection and whether it would've made any difference him playing different players and formations.

The old saying you can lead the horse to the watering hole but you can't make it drink is abundantly clear in our case.........doesn't matter how well or poorly we play, we just don't have a finisher, goal scorer, poacher or anything of the sorts to win games! We'd have been in the same position last year if it wasn't for Griffiths goals!

mmmmhibby
06-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I wish the numbers were different mate.

I'm not one for attacking managers either, but Butcher has gotten so many things staggeringly wrong since his arrival. Not one player has improved and the vast majority have gotten even worse.

We have scored 3 goals in our last 9 games. We have played lower league opposition twice at ER this season and conceded 3 in each game.

8 points from 54 is what our dream team management duo have delivered. That may go down as the worst ever.

Alfred E Newman
06-05-2014, 09:30 PM
8 points from 54 is what our dream team management duo have delivered. That may go down as the worst ever.

I have lost all confidence in Butcher. Regardless of the quality of the squad he has to be held responsible for this fiasco and I would not trust him with the responsibility of getting us out of the first div.
Win or lose on Saturday and even if we survive the play off, I would sack him.

Coco Bryce
06-05-2014, 09:30 PM

Anyone who blames Fenlon, Petrie or anyone else other than Butcher for the position we are in, needs their head read. Took our SPL status for granted in January and didn't sign anyone who could help us, apparently to keep the budget for the summer - smart move Terry. Decided to write off some of our better players very early on, only to realise he then needed them, before making about 5 changes every game out of shear desperation. Smart move, Terry. Nothing against him personally, but he clearly doesn't know what the **** he is doing.

Hearts have signed one player this season and have won more games, and scored 11 more games than us. Unbelievably bad.

:agree:

Greenblood70
06-05-2014, 09:32 PM

Nail firmly on head. Butcher has been a catastrophic failure. He needs to go asap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boab1875
06-05-2014, 09:38 PM

THIS

Butcher is not the right man for the job and its time people realised that

andy1875
06-05-2014, 09:43 PM
I knew it was bad but 8 points out of 54 as post above suggests? Jesus wept, that's beyond belief.

I can't see how sacking yet another manager would be of benefit, but those stats are rank rotten.

His January signings are worth criticism tho, particularly the Boateng signing. I'm assuming he'd never seen the guy and signed on a recommendation? He's had no involvement bar what, 1 cup game? Unless I'm wrong.

Haynes offers us nowt and Watmore, tries but hasn't contributed either.

Seekyit
06-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Bad. Really bad.

If we go down we could be down there for years. And more years.

Relegation would most likely be disastrous for Hibernian Football Club,

We must stay up.

We absolutely must.

mcfly
06-05-2014, 09:44 PM

Utter nonsense - the people who protested v Fenlon are passionate fans who witnessed another derby defeat.

Make no mistake this is pat fenlons team. The same manager who let weatherspoon go. A young lad who could have been a great right back for us.

The same manager who signed James Collins, paid a fee for nelson, signed Liam Craig , Tudor jones etc etc

The same manager who got beat 5-1

stoneyburn hibs
06-05-2014, 09:45 PM
It's staring us right in the face now.
We will need a performance on Saturday and I really don't know how we manage that. I'm bricking it and not looking forward to going on Saturday.

GreenLake
06-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Yes but not because of the team or the manager. The team is crap but not so crap we should be in this position. There is a dark cloud of bad luck over us and we can't seem to shake it. We looked like we were going to win for spells today, but nothing runs for us.

Heisenberg
06-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Been worried for ages. Butcher is clueless. Players are poor. We don't score goals and can't keep them out. Lovely mixture prime for relegation.

mcfly
06-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I do fear for us on sat.

We will get nowt from Thomson and our players are bottlers big time.

I do think mcpake should play on sat as we need some form of leadership on the pitch.

If we go behind on sat the atmosphere will be toxic and demonstrations will have far more attendees than before

However our team might just turn up???

GreenCastle
06-05-2014, 09:52 PM
No wins in last 12..

7 losses in last 12..

1 win in last 18 games..

You don't have to be a Jose Mourinho to see this coming..

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Would like to know where anyone who is only getting worried now has been for last couple of months!

I'm actually marginally more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago,I didn't envisage Kilmarnock's collapse of recent weeks, it could have been over before the last day. At least we now know that we will have one last chance to go out and stay up without relying on results going our way elsewhere.

Hibby
06-05-2014, 09:54 PM

I agree with you bud. We should never have hired them in first place.

Anyway................

SouthamptonHibs
06-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Not worried I have come to terms with finishing 11th. If we do finish 11th I will be bricking it for the two play off games as we can't score so two nil nil' s and a win on penalties could be our only option

GreenCastle
06-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Bad. Really bad.

If we go down we could be down there for years. And more years.

Relegation would most likely be disastrous for Hibernian Football Club,

We must stay up.

We absolutely must.

Saturday so important - yes the play offs are over 2 games but considering we struggled against Raith - I wouldn't fancied our chances again an inform team below us.

stevejordan
06-05-2014, 10:01 PM
No wins in last 12..

7 losses in last 12..

1 win in last 18 games..

butcher will take us down

Long Time Hibee
06-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Couldn't agree more. PS Why did he sign Boateng?

Stax
06-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I honestly thought Butcher was the right appt at the time. The cycle of sack manager / start again is well documented and something that has to be broken. Unfortunately it's getting harder and harder to defend him, and 8 points from 54 is pathetic whoever we blame. I just hope the team turn up for once on Saturday and we can forget this f****** season. Ggtth

john18722
06-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting the Patrick Thistle are also below us in the league so it doesn't solely come down to what Killie do tomorrow night. If Killie win tomorrow and Patrick lose, we will still be 10th.

Hibby
06-05-2014, 10:07 PM
THIS

Butcher is not the right man for the job and its time people realised that

You are right|

I rarely post, but am raging tonight.

You are right mate. You forgot his sh<t sidekick tho||||

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting the Patrick Thistle are also below us in the league so it doesn't solely come down to what Killie do tomorrow night. If Killie win tomorrow and Patrick lose, we will still be 10th.

Partick would have to lose both games to change anything for us, then a draw would be enough v Killie if they win tomorrow.

Hibercelona
06-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes but not because of the team or the manager. The team is crap but not so crap we should be in this position. There is a dark cloud of bad luck over us and we can't seem to shake it. We looked like we were going to win for spells today, but nothing runs for us.

Thats the sort of nonsense that see's us as losers.

Winners don't let bad luck stand in their way. They do whatever it takes to succeed and only blame themselves whenever they fail.

We on the other hand like to point fingers. "It wisnae us, it was that evil b***h lady luck." :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
06-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Thats the sort of nonsense that see's us as losers.

Winners don't let bad luck stand in their way. They do whatever it takes to succeed and only blame themselves whenever they fail.

We on the other hand like to point fingers. "It wisnae us, it was that evil b***h lady luck." :rolleyes:

Absolute crock of **** if I may say!

We have no belief in the players, management team or the support so how do you overcome that in the one remaining defining game before we head to the SPFL trapdoor?

Thecat23
06-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I think stay up or drop TB and MM should go. Can't believe I'm saying this again but i was a huge fan of both but they have shown nothing to why they should stay.

Yes it's Fenlons players but FFS even he won some and at least drew.

paul_hfc3
06-05-2014, 10:26 PM
For me, if you can't beat even the worst teams in the league then you deserve to be relegated.

Hibercelona
06-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Absolute crock of **** if I may say!

We have no belief in the players, management team or the support so how do you overcome that in the one remaining defining game before we head to the SPFL trapdoor?

I'm talking about the players not believing in themselves. The manager coming out week after week and blaming a lack of luck for our short comings. "We didn't get what we deserved... boo hoo".

Winners don't blame luck for failing. They blame nobody but themselves. That's how they're able to bounce back, because each time the fail they come back more and more determined until they get it right.

As a club, we'll never get it right. Because we believe in bad luck, jynx's and voodoo.

We'll never succeed, because we're always so busy moaning about our lack of luck, rather than finding a way to beat it.

Hibby
06-05-2014, 10:32 PM
For me Butcher and Malpas have to take most of the blame for this as they are clueless!! They have no loyalty to players, players told they can leave the club in January then they are back in, new captain appointed then flushed, loan signings in January were abysmal, told us Harris lacks confidence and wont play again this season but has started nearly every game, 4-5 changes per game as they haven't got a clue what their best formation is. Then they dont play the best player we have in KT. It goes on and on and on.....
Fitba is a simple game, play your BEST players who are 100% fit in their normal positions and stick with it!! TB and Malpas out now for me. I don' think I have seen worse!!!

Yep||||

timewilltell
06-05-2014, 10:34 PM
This is going to get ugly...!

TornadoHibby
06-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm talking about the players not believing in themselves. The manager coming out week after week and blaming a lack of luck for our short comings. "We didn't get what we deserved... boo hoo".

Winners don't blame luck for failing. They blame nobody but themselves. That's how they're able to bounce back, because each time the fail they come back more and more determined until they get it right.

As a club, we'll never get it right. Because we believe in bad luck, jynx's and voodoo.

We'll never succeed, because we're always so busy moaning about our lack of luck, rather than finding a way to beat it.

Very interesting but nothing to do with what I said!

Winners succeed because they believe they will succeed and find ways of doing so!

The current regime at Hibs will never win because they can't find the ways of succeeding based upon what I have personally witnessed since they have been at Hibs!

Pretty Boy
06-05-2014, 10:37 PM
I'm worried, have been for weeks but it's outwith the control of the fans.

I'll go along on Saturday and support the team. If we win I'll walk out and hope we see light at the end of the tunnel in the summer. If we lose we can't allow it to turn ugly as we still have 2 huge games to go. Only then can we decide whether some kind of action is needed.

I'm worried but I still think we cam get the result we need on Saturday whether that be a point or 3.

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2014, 10:38 PM
My nerves are shredded now. We seem to be in an unstoppable descent down the league, and perhaps we'll need to rely upon other results to save us. Quite frankly, the Butcher era hitherto has been nothing short of a disgrace. Like most other Hibbies I know, I thought TB was a superb appointment, due to his record at Motherwell and ICT, but he must now be down there amongst the worst ever managerial records at Hibs. It's only in recent weeks the possibility of relegation crossed my mind for the first time; now the red alert siren is deafening me. It should never have come to this: we were virtually safe weeks ago but have totally collapsed.

Our home performances have been awful, and I don't see how a team that has been spineless so often will be able to produce a result on Saturday under such pressure. This is a nightmare.

neil7908
06-05-2014, 10:41 PM
We're down already IMO unless Killie implode even worse than we have...

Emerald
06-05-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm also gutted Ross County survived and the BBC seem to think it's great they did, great that Hibs are being involved in the playoff fight on Saturday but when the huns and cheats went down it was a disaster for Scottish football. Bring on Ross County's 2,000 crowds for the top division and have a laugh at Hibs, well done Sportsound.

Oh and I'm worried! :agree:

TornadoHibby
06-05-2014, 10:43 PM
My nerves are shredded now. We seem to be in an unstoppable descent down the league, and perhaps we'll need to rely upon other results to save us. Quite frankly, the Butcher era hitherto has been nothing short of a disgrace. Like most other Hibbies I know, I thought TB was a superb appointment, due to his record at Motherwell and ICT, but he must now be down there amongst the worst ever managerial records at Hibs. It's only in recent weeks the possibility of relegation crossed my mind for the first time; now the red alert siren is deafening me. It should never have come to this: we were virtually safe weeks ago but have totally collapsed.

Our home performances have been awful, and I don't see how a team that has been spineless so often will be able to produce a result on Saturday under such pressure. This is a nightmare.

I remember that Dundee Utd game that relegated us last time and my (then) teenage son was absolutely gutted when the final whistle sounded in the knowledge that his team was not going to be playing the best teams in Scotland the next season!

I have a horrible feeling that we are very close to that happening again except this time the circumstances are different in terms of how we might get back to the top league if we do drop down!

jacomo
06-05-2014, 10:47 PM
butcher will take us down

A lack of goals all season will take us down. That problem preceded Butcher but he sure hasn't fixed it.

I'd take G'OC back right now!

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I remember that Dundee Utd game that relegated us last time and my (then) teenage son was absolutely gutted when the final whistle sounded in the knowledge that his team was not going to be playing the best teams in Scotland the next season!

I have a horrible feeling that we are very close to that happening again except this time the circumstances are different in terms of how we might get back to the top league if we do drop down!

Indeed, mate. We must stay a top flight club by hook or by crook. Relegation this year of all years would be catastrophic.

jacomo
06-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm also gutted Ross County survived and the BBC seem to think it's great they did, great that Hibs are being involved in the playoff fight on Saturday but when the huns and cheats went down it was a disaster for Scottish football. Bring on Ross County's 2,000 crowds for the top division and have a laugh at Hibs, well done Sportsound.

Oh and I'm worried! :agree:

Fair point. They really don't like us right now.

portycabbage
06-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Partick would have to lose both games to change anything for us, then a draw would be enough v Killie if they win tomorrow.

If Partick lose both games, we can stay up with a loss v Killie (on goal difference over Partick). Similarly, if Partick draw one and lose the other, a point v Killie could do the same (even if Killie win tomorrow). Still much better if Killie drop points tomorrow too.

southern hibby
07-05-2014, 08:14 AM

NH. I never protested outside Easter Road to get Pat the sack, however I did hand my season ticket back until he was either fired or left. Irrespective of what you may think of me I did it for the good of my club. We were under a manager that had taken us ( I believe) as far as he could.
Our players assembled were / are basically not good enough and we brought a new manager I'n that has done even worse with pats crop.
I can honestly say I did not expect this but it's happened. If I could turn back the clock and change my decision, would I? No I would not. I do not believe that I have to pay to watch meadiocre at it's very best. If you or anyone else is I respect that, but I'm not.
Butcher has probably got the worst record I'n modern time. Again I do not need to except this and have not by not renewing my season ticket. I was I'n Portugal / Malmo and did not see anything that brought any optimism and I do not now. But as I said before and I will say it again I will not pay to watch mediocre.
I can honestly say if I am to blame for the state we are I'n just now by wanting better for my Club then I admit responsibility. GGTTH

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 08:24 AM
probably the ones that were worried several games ago...but got the usual for being 'bedwetters' :wink:Cannae believe that happened on here. :agree: People posting genuine concerns about the state of this club and where it has been heading for years shot down by the happy clappy gang and Petrie stooges! Never! We narrowly escaped relegation a couple of seasons ago, nothing that matters has changed and we're heading for the abyss again.

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Although it's possible St Mirren will be mentally on their holibags, I can't see Killie winning tonight, so a draw will be enough for us on Saturday.

We've tightened up at the back and are playing better through the midfield but have absolutely nothing up front. The fact that Craig Thomson is a 100% stick on to give Killie at least one penalty means it would be no surprise to see us in the play offs.

Gatecrasher
07-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Although it's possible St Mirren will be mentally on their holibags, I can't see Killie winning tonight, so a draw will be enough for us on Saturday.

We've tightened up at the back and are playing better through the midfield but have absolutely nothing up front. The fact that Craig Thomson is a 100% stick on to give Killie at least one penalty means it would be no surprise to see us in the play offs.

the best we can hope for is Danny Lennon and Gary Locke are still fighting for their future so they may still pull out a performence. It's still in our own hands but I don't think the players can handle it.

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2014, 08:58 AM
A lack of goals all season will take us down. That problem preceded Butcher but he sure hasn't fixed it.

I'd take G'OC back right now!

Is that the same GOC who can't get a game for relegated Morton, due to being so unfit?

Joy Zipper
07-05-2014, 09:02 AM
No wins in last 12..

7 losses in last 12..

1 win in last 18 games..

Here's our record since we beat Hearts at New Year :-

Played 18, won 1, drawn 5, lost 12.

Goals for 16, goals against 36.

It makes for grim reading, that's for sure.

Bobby's Cinema
07-05-2014, 09:07 AM

People keep making these assumptions. Let's see what happens tonight.

Equally likely, I see Killi winning, and Partick beating a Ross County team already safe last game, leaving us needing a win.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Cannae believe that happened on here. :agree: People posting genuine concerns about the state of this club and where it has been heading for years shot down by the happy clappy gang and Petrie stooges! Never! We narrowly escaped relegation a couple of seasons ago, nothing that matters has changed and we're heading there again.

lessons weren't learned, Fenlon was the first manager to say publicly that he would go for quality over quantity, he didn't(or couldn't) it's the same old cycle season after season, window after window..Daja Vu

southsider
07-05-2014, 09:48 AM
that just shows how poor we have been all season, yet Butcher thought Haynes was the answer........ :-(
Haynes is worse than Collins, which i thought was impossible.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 11:39 AM
I didn't have my best night's sleep last night, so aye, I'm worried alright.

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2014, 12:26 PM
People keep making these assumptions. Let's see what happens tonight.

Equally likely, I see Killi winning, and Partick beating a Ross County team already safe last game, leaving us needing a win.

If Killie win tonight, I think we need a miracle since we'd have to score at least twice to counter Killie and their 12th man, CT. At our current rate, we'd have to play until about Tuesday to score twice.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Can I jusy say, we wouldn't be in this mess if we had the same team as my Hibs team on career mode of FIFA :greengrin

Just saying likes.

Pete
07-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Worried? Nah. Life's too short for that. We'll be rebuilt regardless of the division we will be in and we'll get out of it sooner rather than later. I'll still go and see green shirts and white sleeves.

Think of all these close away games and it least it will be a change as I'm sick of seeing the same bloody teams all the time. A 16 team league is the way forward.

snooky
07-05-2014, 05:48 PM

I was 'worried' after the Malmo game however, I've slowly drifted into my current 'que sera sera' mindset.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Worried? Nah. Life's too short for that. We'll be rebuilt regardless of the division we will be in and we'll get out of it sooner rather than later. I'll still go and see green shirts and white sleeves.

Think of all these close away games and it least it will be a change as I'm sick of seeing the same bloody teams all the time. A 16 team league is the way forward.

Are you saying The Championship is the way forward...?

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm worried but ***** it. Whatever will be will be. I'll still be here posting crap no matter what happens.

Pete
07-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Are you saying The Championship is the way forward...?

No, the top league of 16 would be the way forward for us.:greengrin
That would go some way to alleviating the boredom. Just sick of these same bloody teams over and over again.

MrRobot
07-05-2014, 06:39 PM
At least there is one positive; he have Stanton a chance.

erin go bragh
07-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Worried ? Nah . If the worst comes to fruition we end up winning the championship with the rangers battling it out with the pars and Dunbarton for the play off place . 8->

Ggtth

basehibby
07-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Extremely worried? Absolutely Yes!

I've got to hold my hands up and say I didn't see this coming - I thought we'd scrape together a few more points before now and would have "achieved" safety courtesy of a stronger squad than our rivals. But there were always glaring weaknesses in our squad - a lack of a prolific goalscorer and a tendency to leak soft goals at the other end. These have simply been far more prevalent and consistent than I thought possible and, along with a singular lack of any kind of luck whatsoever, this has resulted in a gargantuan slide despite the weaknesses of the teams we've been up against.

I think the downward momentum has slowed a bit in the last couple of weeks which has seen us garner a single point (WOW!) and turn 2 goal reverses into 1 goal reverses (double WOW!), but the players will have to dig deeper still to keep us out of the play off spot and I really do worry that they simply don't have it in em to get a win if that's what's required.

I would not fancy our chances in the play offs against a Championship side with the wind in their tails who are used to scoring and winning either - and relegation would lets face it be a disaster of biblical proportions for Hibs - sentenced as we would be to a tough slug fest with Rangers & Hearts at a time when we SHOULD be enjoying the fruits of their respective absences from the top flight. Yes there will be no guarantee of a quick return to the top flight and - never mind worried - I am absolutely chewing my fingers to the bone with anxiety about the possible consequences of failure on Saturday.

Will be there of course and would urge every Hibby to get thereselves along to the game - with one precursor - I know we're all worried but on the day - STAY POSITIVE - regardless of the failings of the players/team/management they need us right behind them and roaring them on - if we can make an inch of a difference then lets make sure we do it.

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Defo worried now! Killie winning and Partick drawing. Means we need to win on Sat.

Steve20
07-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Get Butcher out now and get a manager that could at least try and win a football match.

We have NO chance of beating Killie on Saturday with this management team. None at all.

Stevie Reid
07-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Seems like an inexorable slide into the Championship for us, sadly - every other team in the bottom 6 (excluding Hearts) has won a game when they've really needed to - now it's our turn, and I struggle to see us doing it. I certainly wouldn't fancy us in a play off against a Championship team with momentum behind them.

At least when we went down in 1998 we had McLeish in who had changed the whole feeling around the club after his arrival, installing large amounts of hope and no little pride, despite the fact that we went down. If we go down now, after such an incredible downturn and in the season Hearts went too, I shudder to think how we'll react.

Last time we faced a scenario close to this Saturday was two years ago under Fenlon, when Dunfermline were brushed aside fairly easily. Will we turn up on Saturday? I very much hope so, but I don't think Butcher has it in him.

steakbake
07-05-2014, 08:49 PM
The decline started long before Butcher. We are a club on the skids and we have been arguably since 2007/2008.

I don't fancy our chances v Killie on Saturday, I don't fancy our chances against any of the potential play off opponents and to be honest, I wouldn't fancy our chances against a number of sides in the Championship.

These are dark times at ER and I see nothing that makes me think we'll arrest the slide.

KingFranck
07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Not worried any more just very annoyed and angry about the mess my club are in unbelievable these players can't outscore anyone in the bottom 6 we were better when the team trained at Leith Links! Shut East Mains well done all at Hibs you've really surprised me this time set of bottlers

07-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Worrying times indeed.

Extremely angry aswell that we have let ourselves get to this stage, an absolute embarrassment and the club should be at LEAST issusing an apology to the fans for once against repaying our loyal support with absolute garbage and humiliation.

I'm not calling for Butchers head yet, he's still having to work with the utter garbage Fenlon brought in but after an absolute nightmare of a season the jury is well and truly out on him so he absolutely has to get it right this summer in terms of bringing in good enough players and getting rid of the dead wood (of which there is loads!).

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Defo worried now! Killie winning and Partick drawing. Means we need to win on Sat.

I just looked at the latest league table, after tonight's results. Dear God!

Another restless night ahead.

snooky
08-05-2014, 07:11 AM
........ I'd take G'OC back right now!

Nurse!