PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thompson

007 Mickey Weir
06-05-2014, 08:34 PM
So we have a huge game now on Saturday and guess what idiot is the ref!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2014, 08:43 PM
and i bet he has a t-shirt on under his top with the words

'down with the jambos, i sent you down with the jambos' the ****

Thecat23
06-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Not being funny but for his own safety he should be removed from this game. Imagine he gives a pen in the 90th min that sends us into the play offs and it's a 50/50 call. He's never get out alive.

BH Hibs
06-05-2014, 09:11 PM
So we have a huge game now on Saturday and guess what idiot is the ref!!!!

Please tell me ur joking.

Bostonhibby
06-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Never rains but it pours - just wonder if he will be able to resist the chance that the SFA have handed him. We are well capable of failing to win without him interfering.

Craig_in_Prague
06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Not being funny but for his own safety he should be removed from this game. Imagine he gives a pen in the 90th min that sends us into the play offs and it's a 50/50 call. He's never get out alive.

He cheated in a national final, what's the concern in front of maybe 12k?

ScottB
06-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Ignoring his proclivities when it comes to us... Why do the SFA / SPFL keep giving him our fixtures?

leggeto
06-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Safe to say we will get no favours from him

SneakersO'Toole
06-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Another reason to believe that we appear destined for the play offs. Its almost like its almost wen written for us.

Benny Brazil
06-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Lets not look for excuses before the game even starts - if (and yes its a big if) we get a performance from the team then who the ref is will have no impact

Sir David Gray
06-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Lets not look for excuses before the game even starts - if (and yes its a big if) we get a performance from the team then who the ref is will have no impact

The referee has a vital say in what happens in a match.

We are quite capable of losing the match on our own but if we happen to play quite well on Saturday, this clown has the potential to make sure we lose.

GreenLake
06-05-2014, 09:49 PM
SFA do this to persuade supporters not to complain. I'm still calling him a cheat or an incompetent. One of those two.

les83
06-05-2014, 09:55 PM
This is truly disgraceful. The man is an utter cheat who hates Hibs - that's why he was given the Scottish cup final and why he's been given this do or die match on Saturday. It seems the SPFL absolutely hate us...A red car and a penalty in 2 vital matches- who's got Hibs to go down on their coupon at the SPFL/SFA?!

SouthamptonHibs
06-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Hibs are due about three goals plus half a dozen pens. As the decision' s even themselves out over the season I don't see why everyone is worried we are due to win 9-0 on Sat as Sat is our last league game

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2014, 09:58 PM
This is a team that lost 5-0 to Hearts on Sunday, ref is irrelevant, we need to turn up and win, simple.

Nutmegged
06-05-2014, 09:59 PM
We have a 100 more problems than Criag Thompson, the fans need to focus on our own misgivings, we're looking for excuses already, it's no wonder the players are so inept when they're allowed to get away with murder because some fans insist on looking for everyone else to blame.

Why does there always have to be an ulterior motive when Hibs lose

Benny Brazil
06-05-2014, 10:02 PM
The referee has a vital say in what happens in a match.

We are quite capable of losing the match on our own but if we happen to play quite well on Saturday, this clown has the potential to make sure we lose.

Only if we allow him to - if the players put themselves in positions that force him to make a potentially match changing decision then yes I agree.
We shouldn't be worrying about who the ref is - but more worried about which players are picked, which formation we go with, will each individual give every drop of blood,sweat and tears for the cause - if they do then we have more then enough to win the game.

givescotlandfreedom
06-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Craig Thomson is a cheat.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Only if we allow him to - if the players put themselves in positions that force him to make a potentially match changing decision then yes I agree.
We shouldn't be worrying about who the ref is - but more worried about which players are picked, which formation we go with, will each individual give every drop of blood,sweat and tears for the cause - if they do then we have more then enough to win the game.

Like committing a foul roughly six or seven yards outside the box and conceding a penalty?

lucky
06-05-2014, 10:34 PM
CT is not reason we are in this position but the league have given us a right kick in baws by giving our favourite panto villain the refs job on Saturday

edinburghhibee
06-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Regardless of what you think of the ref he didn't put us in this position they players did. At the very least if we do get beat off killie at the weekend we can blame Thomson and the players might not take so much of a beating before two enormous games.

Benny Brazil
06-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Like committing a foul roughly six or seven yards outside the box and conceding a penalty?

When there is no need to commit the foul in the first place if the defender could actually defend properly?

We could go round in circles in this - we are where we are and we have the opportunity to get ourselves out of it regardless of who the ref is

Sir David Gray
06-05-2014, 11:01 PM
When there is no need to commit the foul in the first place if the defender could actually defend properly?

We could go round in circles in this - we are where we are and we have the opportunity to get ourselves out of it regardless of who the ref is

I agree that we have the opportunity to improve our chances of staying up but if the referee wants to cheat against a particular team then it's pretty hard to overcome that since he has the overall authority over what happens in a game.

We're bad enough to totally mess things up all on our own but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Thomson is at the centre of something on Saturday.

kaimendhibs
06-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Craig Thomson is a cheat.

Exactly!! And please don't tell me it's a coincidence we got him in our make or break game of the season

Sent from my iphone

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2014, 11:05 PM
That's all we need. As if things aren't bad enough.

The_Exile
06-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Isn't our record against teams outwith the mutants actually really good when he's been the ref? Might be a blessing in disguise.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2014, 12:03 AM
i've e-mailed thomson to tell him i'l have my eyes on him for 90 mins

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46195964.jpg

paul_hfc3
07-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Stomach dropping moment reading this news. This ****ing arrogant showman who is a ****ing clown at refereeing

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Surprise, surprise as Cilla would say, he and his mates now have the chance to finish the job.

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 10:42 AM
CT is not reason we are in this position but the league have given us a right kick in baws by giving our favourite panto villain the refs job on Saturday

Yep someone is seriously at it. I actually think there are a collection of officials who are quite bent in this country. Small men on a power trip.

dangermouse
07-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Surprise, surprise as Cilla would say, he and his mates now have the chance to finish the job.

Our current squad of "footballer's" (I use that term in the loosest sense of the word) are quite capable of screwing it up themselves without any interference from our least favourite SFA employee.

Leith Mo
07-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Yet another indication of how soft we are as a Club.... should never be allowed a Hibs game (let alone any other game for that matter) as his bias is statistically proven not just hearsay

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Yet another indication of how soft we are as a Club.... should never be allowed a Hibs game (let alone any other game for that matter) as his bias is statistically proven not just hearsayOur representative at the SFA sits back and does SFA, disnae want tae endanger his blazer.

Paisley Hibby
07-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Ffs, calm down to a panic folks. I don't get this paranoia about the guy. We lost the cup final to hearts because we were **** not because of the referee. If we lose on Saturday it'll be for the same reason.

Waxy
07-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Ffs, calm down to a panic folks. I don't get this paranoia about the guy. We lost the cup final to hearts because we were **** not because of the referee. If we lose on Saturday it'll be for the same reason.
Agree we were •••• but that was the worst penalty decision in the history of football.

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2014, 12:29 PM

We would've lost anyway given how ***** we were but Bent Thomson made absolutely sure he left nothing to chance.

Onion
07-05-2014, 12:35 PM

:agree: There would be a full blown riot.

Only Hibs could script this end to the season. You could not make it up if you tried.

khib70
07-05-2014, 01:54 PM
:top marks This, 100%

Sick to the back teeth of Celtc-type paranoia about officials. The above is the reason we lost that cup final, and it will be the reason we lose on Saturday, if we do. Does anybody "know" what the reason for this apparently huge and complex conspiracy against Hibs by everyone in Scottish football is?

FFS let's back the team on the day and not start the Green Brigade whining before a ball has been kicked. After that we can analyse why it happened and why we are were we are. But people should be looking a lot nearer home

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Sick to the back teeth of Celtc-type paranoia about officials. The above is the reason we lost that cup final, and it will be the reason we lose on Saturday, if we do. Does anybody "know" what the reason for this apparently huge and complex conspiracy against Hibs by everyone in Scottish football is?

FFS let's back the team on the day and not start the Green Brigade whining before a ball has been kicked. After that we can analyse why it happened and why we are were we are. But people should be looking a lot nearer home

I wasn't totally convinced by the theory that he was a cheat until the cup game up at Ross County. His 2 decisions to book Cairney and then subsequently send him off was an absolute joke.

Fergus52
07-05-2014, 02:33 PM

ludicrous statement.

Ref's have a huge impact on games, especially when they're as incompetent/spiteful as he is

Fergus52
07-05-2014, 02:39 PM
I wasn't totally convinced by the theory that he was a cheat until the cup game up at Ross County. His 2 decisions to book Cairney and then subsequently send him off was an absolute joke.

If you look at any game we had with him in charge before the 5-1 game you see his blatant bias against us, after that he did tone it down a bit though.

I honestly don't know how any fan can even attempt to deny it. Dunfermline SC semi-final replay, pittodrie when they got the pen at the end, the derby in 2010-11 at tynie when we were beat 2-0, the derby a few years ago when Fletcher got sent off for absolutely nothing. Those are just some of the worst examples of games when his bias against us was extremely apparent, and there are a whole load more.

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2014, 03:04 PM
If you look at any game we had with him in charge before the 5-1 game you see his blatant bias against us, after that he did tone it down a bit though.

I honestly don't know how any fan can even attempt to deny it. Dunfermline SC semi-final replay, pittodrie when they got the pen at the end, the derby in 2010-11 at tynie when we were beat 2-0, the derby a few years ago when Fletcher got sent off for absolutely nothing. Those are just some of the worst examples of games when his bias against us was extremely apparent, and there are a whole load more.

:agree:

If he was just incompetent as opposed to incompetent and biased you'd be able to think of at least a couple of bad calls in our favour.

Kato
07-05-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't get this paranoia about the guy.

It's not paranoia.

Onion
07-05-2014, 03:35 PM
ludicrous statement.

Ref's have a huge impact on games, especially when they're as incompetent/spiteful as he is

Wonder what odds you can get on at least 1 Hibs player getting a RED on Sat ? Liam Craig's a stick on. Might be another free-money bet, just like a Hearts win was 2 weeks ago.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I'll only believe all this conspiracy nonsense if on Saturday the Killie boss calls Thompson a &@&@ and he sends Maurice Malpas to the stands.

stoneyburn hibs
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM
When would it have been decided that it would be him who refereed Saturday's game ?

You really couldn't have made it up.

greenpaper55
07-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I don't think he is bent, he is just arrogant and pish at the same time, he is just as likely to give bad decisions to the opposition as us.

Kato
07-05-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't think he is bent, he is just arrogant and pish at the same time, he is just as likely to give bad decisions to the opposition as us.

That's true his bad decisions are there for all teams, however his bias decisions go against us.

greenpaper55
07-05-2014, 03:58 PM
A few lines from Wiki, the bad news is he has another nine years to go at the top level that's if he's not found out by then.

In March 2013, Thomson refereed a UEFA Champions League quarter-final between Borussia Dortmund and Malaga, which Dortmund won with two late goals.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-malaga-21) Each side scored goals, including the match winning goal, from what appeared to be offside positions.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-malaga-21) Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Regan) spoke in defence of Thomson, saying that he had performed well to earn the high profile appointment and that the problems in the Dortmund v Malaga match had been due to his assistants.[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-22) Thomson hoped to be selected for the 2014 FIFA World Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup),[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-23) but FIFA omitted him from their list of 14 officials for the tournament.[24] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-24)

JimBHibees
07-05-2014, 04:09 PM
A few lines from Wiki, the bad news is he has another nine years to go at the top level that's if he's not found out by then.

In March 2013, Thomson refereed a UEFA Champions League quarter-final between Borussia Dortmund and Malaga, which Dortmund won with two late goals.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-malaga-21) Each side scored goals, including the match winning goal, from what appeared to be offside positions.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-malaga-21) Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Regan) spoke in defence of Thomson, saying that he had performed well to earn the high profile appointment and that the problems in the Dortmund v Malaga match had been due to his assistants.[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-22) Thomson hoped to be selected for the 2014 FIFA World Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup),[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-23) but FIFA omitted him from their list of 14 officials for the tournament.[24] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#cite_note-24)

One of his assistants who missed about 3 shocking offsides in that game being the same guy whose dodgy eyesight called Forster's goal in the derby offside. Is there no accountability for these guys?

Kato
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM
One of his assistants who missed about 3 shocking offsides in that game being the same guy whose dodgy eyesight called Forster's goal in the derby offside. Is there no accountability for these guys?

No.

greenpaper55
07-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Stewart Regan defended him, that would be the Stewart Regan who's last job was with Yorkshire cricket , he should know a thing or two about football !.

emerald green
07-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Please stop trying to defend the indefensible. It's not paranoia. Just look at the facts, some of which have been highlighted on this thread, and on previous threads about this guy. The evidence is overwhelming.

emerald green
07-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Sick to the back teeth of Celtc-type paranoia about officials.

And I'm sick fed up of Hibs fans coming on here accusing fellow Hibs fans of being paranoid about officials. It's not paranoia when it comes to this particular "official". Get real, and look at the facts concerning Thomson and his refereeing of Hibs matches. He is incompetent at best, and utterly biased against us at worst. I'm not going to go as far accusing him of being a cheat. Bye the way, what exactly is "Celtic-type paranoia"?

emerald green
07-05-2014, 04:50 PM
When would it have been decided that it would be him who refereed Saturday's game ?

You really couldn't have made it up.

Does anyone on here know what the process actually is for how referees and their assistants are allocated to matches? Is it just a coincidence Hibs get Thomson for a game that could make or break our club for seasons to come?

Benny Brazil
07-05-2014, 04:54 PM
ludicrous statement.

Ludicrous?? Calm yourself down.
Refs dont have to have a huge impact on a game if they are not given the opportunity to.

Eyrie
07-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Refs dont have to have a huge impact on a game if they are not given the opportunity to.

They can decide a tackle by us is a foul but play on when it favours the opposition, they can decide our tackle is a booking when our opponent's forearm smash is acceptable, they can give a penalty for shirt tugging by us defending a corner but ignore it when we're attacking ....

Every decision they make or don't make is influential, and Thomson has a track record of disproportionately making decision against us compared not noly to our opponent on the day but his performance in non-Hibs games.

He is a cheat.

Fergus52
07-05-2014, 08:38 PM

again that's really not true.

You get a lot of refs who will be very pernickety and give fouls for the slightest of things, which doesn't let either team get into any sort of rhythm or flow and makes the game terrible to watch.

Also, when Craig Thomson refs us, he tends to give fouls against us for completely fine tackles. I would argue that's a pretty huge impact that's hard to avoid.

Or Fletcher's red card against them, fine tackle, but a red to our best player is clearly a huge impact.

Or Ian Blacks flying elbow on griffiths in the 5-1 game, he should have been off. Keeping him on the park was a pretty big impact.

clerriehibs
07-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Right now, I hope he's ****ing himself.

NOLA
07-05-2014, 08:52 PM
ts a ****ing nap Thompson screws us over on saturday, so 2 battles to overcome :rolleyes:

itslegaltender
07-05-2014, 08:59 PM

You get a lot of refs who will be very pernickety and give fouls for the slightest of things, which doesn't let either team get into any sort of rhythm or flow and makes the game terrible to watch.

Also, when Craig Thomson refs us, he tends to give fouls against us for completely fine tackles. I would argue that's a pretty huge impact that's hard to avoid.

Or Fletcher's red card against them, fine tackle, but a red to our best player is clearly a huge impact.

Or Ian Blacks flying elbow on griffiths in the 5-1 game, he should have been off. Keeping him on the park was a pretty big impact.

and then the penalty 4 yards outside the box and the resultant sending off for Kujabi.

emerald green
07-05-2014, 09:07 PM

This, and all the other stuff that Hibs have been on the receiving end from Thomson. Yet, some posters on these threads still defend him. I just don't understand why any Hibs supporter would defend this guy.

Cropley10
07-05-2014, 09:16 PM
This, and all the other stuff that Hibs have been on the receiving end from Thomson. Yet, some posters on these threads still defend him. I just don't understand why any Hibs supporter would defend this guy.

Yep. Deeply suspicious.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2014, 09:17 PM
:agree:

If he was just incompetent as opposed to incompetent and biased you'd be able to think of at least a couple of bad calls in our favour.

Wasn't he ref when Skacel had a perfectly good goal disallowed for Dundee Utd against us? There was definitely a few times in the season after that final when his mistakes went in our favour. I suspect partly because he erred on the side of Hibs on borderline decisions for fear of being shown up again!

07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Craig Thompson is a biased, unproffessional hearts clown who has never made any effort to hide his dislike towards hibs so its a disgrace this arse is allowed anywhere near a hibs game, especially such an important one. However, the team need to forget about this clown and just focusing on doing their jobs. If hibs pull the finger out and play well then it shouldn't matter what that clown does.

Sad truth is that we are not in this postition because of Thompson.

eastterrace
07-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Craig Thompson is a biased, unproffessional hearts clown who has never made any effort to hide his dislike towards hibs so its a disgrace this arse is allowed anywhere near a hibs game, especially such an important one. However, the team need to forget about this clown and just focusing on doing their jobs. If hibs pull the finger out and play well then it shouldn't matter what that clown does.

Sad truth is that we are not in this postition because of Thompson.

what happens if he sends a hibs player off after a dodgy tackle ( he has done it before) there will be a riot. who in there right mind thought this would be a good idea giving him this game .

Benny Brazil
07-05-2014, 10:45 PM

Fergus - am not saying that Thompson isnt a really really poor referee - and agree that some of his decisions in "that" final were dubious. I agree with all of that.
I just dont think he is going to affect the outcome of the game - if we play better than the opposition we will win - if we dont we wont - I cant see it being down to what Thompson does or doesnt do.
Maybe we will revisit this post on Sunday and continue the debate - hopefully we wont have to.

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Can you imagine we are winning 1-0 near the end and he gives a dodgy pen decision to Killie?

Don't think I'll be able to restrain myself

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Can you imagine we are winning 1-0 near the end and he gives a dodgy pen decision to Killie?

Don't think I'll be able to restrain myself

Oh I can imagine it very well. A penalty followed by 5-1 hand gesture. The twat.

Aldo
08-05-2014, 05:51 AM

Then you forget the Smellic game at ER when Collins gets tripped and no pen. Then at the other end there is contact with the Smellic player and he goes down. Before he even hits the ground CT blows his whistle and points to the spot.

Game at Pittodire ... heffernan is brought down..... No pen (didn't give a pen for Nelson's handball either)

As you've mentioned the County debacle.

For me there are too many incidents to be a coincidence.

And after posing for that photo showing 5-1 he should never if got near any of our games again.

Is that not brining the game into disrepute........ Sorry it's CT and he's the best and untouchable.

bawheid
08-05-2014, 06:04 AM
He'll give Hibs something dodgy IMO. Maybe a penalty or send off a Killie player.

Then he'll always be able to point to it when anyone brings up his blatant cheating in the Scottish Cup Final.

AngusHibby
08-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Craig Thomson. Play-offs it is

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Craig Thomson. Play-offs it ishttp://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?282938-Craig-Thompson

penalty 2 yards outside the box, anyone?

Onion
08-05-2014, 09:02 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?282938-Craig-Thompson

penalty 2 yards outside the box, anyone?

In the past, yes. But this Hibs team is more than capable of shooting itself without Thompson pulling the trigger. Game should be all about Hibs and Killie but Thompson will see it as HIS stage where he is the star!

johnbc70
08-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Wasn't he ref when Skacel had a perfectly good goal disallowed for Dundee Utd against us? There was definitely a few times in the season after that final when his mistakes went in our favour. I suspect partly because he erred on the side of Hibs on borderline decisions for fear of being shown up again!

The linesman incorrectly gave it offside not Thompson.

Fergus52
08-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Fergus - am not saying that Thompson isnt a really really poor referee - and agree that some of his decisions in "that" final were dubious. I agree with all of that.
I just dont think he is going to affect the outcome of the game - if we play better than the opposition we will win - if we dont we wont - I cant see it being down to what Thompson does or doesnt do.
Maybe we will revisit this post on Sunday and continue the debate - hopefully we wont have to.

Fair enough :aok:

Onion
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
He'll give Hibs something dodgy IMO. Maybe a penalty or send off a Killie player.

Then he'll always be able to point to it when anyone brings up his blatant cheating in the Scottish Cup Final.

Only if we're 2-0 down or with 2 mins to go. There is no way this clown will give us anything that would materially push the game in our favour - no chance. Token gestures perhaps.

Hibs only have themselves to blame. It's a complete and utter ****-up from top to bottom. No one should be spared the lash for this one - the players, Butcher, Malpas, Petrie and STF have all played their role.

The Sea-gull
08-05-2014, 09:20 AM
IF we lose or draw on Saturday and IF it is down to a dodgy decision by Thompson it will not be the reason we are relegated.

Last time I checked even if we finish in 11th spot on Saturday we will have two games after that during which to avoid relegation. We can only start chucking blame at Thompson if he refs one of the play off games and shafts us by making game dodgy game changing decisions. And even then he will only be to blame in a small part.

The blame will lie with, to varying degrees, Fenlon, Butcher and the board.

Not the time for apportioning blame yet though, we're not even confirmed in the play off never mind down yet.

We CAN beat Kilmarnock on Saturday!!!

JimBHibees
08-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Right now, I hope he's ****ing himself.

Wouldnt bet on it probably asked for the game.

Kato
08-05-2014, 11:44 AM
The linesman incorrectly gave it offside not Thompson.

He could have done what his mate did against Raith Rovers and over-ruled him.

Missed a trick there ya cheating ****.

madhatter
08-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Then you forget the Smellic game at ER when Collins gets tripped and no pen. Then at the other end there is contact with the Smellic player and he goes down. Before he even hits the ground CT blows his whistle and points to the spot.

Game at Pittodire ... heffernan is brought down..... No pen (didn't give a pen for Nelson's handball either)

As you've mentioned the County debacle.

For me there are too many incidents to be a coincidence.

And after posing for that photo showing 5-1 he should never if got near any of our games again.

Is that not brining the game into disrepute........ Sorry it's CT and he's the best and untouchable.

Did he pose for a photo showing 5-1? I haven't seen this.

Fat Stu
08-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Did he pose for a photo showing 5-1? I haven't seen this.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?266668-Craig-Thomson-shows-his-colours-(or-not-as-the-case-may-be)

madhatter
08-05-2014, 12:14 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?266668-Craig-Thomson-shows-his-colours-(or-not-as-the-case-may-be)

Ah, thanks. I wish I hadn't seen that now. Unprofessional and does bring the validity of fair football into dispute.

He will have a big effect on the game - he always does. He has given penalties against us for nothing and when it should have been a freekick (2+ yards outside box), rarely, to never, awards penalties to us even if they are stonewallers, has sent off our players for little and blindly ignored when opposition players foul Hibs players badly. Was he not the one who accepted Pawlett's blatant dive or am I mistaken?

If he sends off a Hibs player for breaking wind, would most people accept then that he has had a big effect on the game? Would you all also think that if he tripped a Hibs player through on goal? Or when one of our defenders gets pulled to the ground at a corner, he gives a penalty to them at the other end?

Don't think he is a Jambo, I think he is an arrogant cheat who has something against Hibs. Other referees are inconsistent, fair enough. He has a blatant record of being consistently poor for Hibs.

Seveno
08-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, I’d imagine that Allan Johnston is on the phone today to get advice from Mourinho on how to waste time from the kick-off and how to park two buses. With Thomson being the referee, we can assume that at least two of – a blatant penalty appeal turned down, a penalty awarded against us, a man sent off – will happen. Maybe all three come to think of it. And the match will last exactly 90 minutes.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Well, I’d imagine that Allan Johnston is on the phone today to get advice from Mourinho on how to waste time from the kick-off and how to park two buses. With Thomson being the referee, we can assume that at least two of – a blatant penalty appeal turned down, a penalty awarded against us, a man sent off – will happen. Maybe all three come to think of it. And the match will last exactly 90 minutes.

:tsk tsk: We could be ahead at 90mins.