PDA

View Full Version : Has Stevenson got a right foot? probably been asked before on this.

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 09:43 AM
I am not one for picking on certain players, but I am gradually getting hacked of with his lack of ability on his weaker foot. The amount of times he has had an opportunity to drive forward or whip a ball in with his right foot but decided to cut back on to his left is uncountable. Collins and others strikers have faced the brunt of most hibs fans but the delivery they have received has been ridiculously poor. If he had a right foot we would have scored more goals this season without a doubt, He works hard I give him that but end product is piss poor!

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
With his lack of ability*

silverhibee
06-05-2014, 09:46 AM
I am not one for picking on certain players, but I am gradually getting hacked of his lack of ability on his weaker foot. The amount of times he has had an opportunity to drive forward or whip a ball in with his right foot but decided to cut back on to his left is uncountable. Collins and others strikers have faced the brunt of most hibs fans but the delivery they have received has been ridiculously poor. If he had a right foot we have score more goals this season without a doubt, He wors hard I give him that but end product is piss poor!

Yes he has a right foot. FACT

Brightside
06-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I am not one for picking on certain players, but I am gradually getting hacked of his lack of ability on his weaker foot. The amount of times he has had an opportunity to drive forward or whip a ball in with his right foot but decided to cut back on to his left is uncountable. Collins and others strikers have faced the brunt of most hibs fans but the delivery they have received has been ridiculously poor. If he had a right foot we have score more goals this season without a doubt, He wors hard I give him that but end product is piss poor!

Ah are we back to Stevenson now. FFS.

Saorsa
06-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Ah are we back to Stevenson now. FFS.as opposed tae McGivern? :wink:

Monts
06-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Not one for picking on players?

Yet you come on here before a crucial game, picking out one player for a problem that was also levelled at one of our most successful graduates?

Great timing. We're all in this together :aok:

marinello59
06-05-2014, 09:50 AM
An important game for us to look forward to tonight so obviously there is no better time to start a thread putting one of this seasons better players down.

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I agree to an extent with this thread (theres no excuse imo for a player not to be able to use both feet), but theres far bigger problems in in the squad at the moment than the ability of a left footed player to use his right foot. Some of the players seem to struggle at times with their favoured foot....

Alex Trager
06-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Not one for picking on players?

Yet you come on here before a crucial game, picking out one player for a problem that was also levelled at one of our most successful graduates?

Great timing. We're all in this together :aok:

Tbf it may be bad timing but the boy is only asking a question. You really think his asking of such a question will have an impact on Stevenson's game/life? We are all in this together but he's only asking why he is so reluctant to use his right foot. Calm down.

Also whilst you mention Fletcher I offer that he still refuses to use that right foot which cost Sunderland dear In the cup final this March.

Brightside
06-05-2014, 09:55 AM
as opposed tae McGivern? :wink:

I make a special case for him! Lewis Stevenson runs his guts out for Hibs and never lets us down. McGivern is a waste of a shirt.

Monts
06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Tbf it may be bad timing but the boy is only asking a question. You really think his asking of such a question will have an impact on Stevenson's game/life? We are all in this together but he's only asking why he is so reluctant to use his right foot. Calm down.

Also whilst you mention Fletcher I offer that he still refuses to use that right foot which cost Sunderland dear In the cup final this March.

The point is this is not the time for negativity. We've had enough of that. The fans being negative does affect the players, and threads like these can affect the fans.

The Sea-gull
06-05-2014, 09:58 AM
An important game for us to look forward to tonight so obviously there is no better time to start a thread putting one of this seasons better players down.

I agree with your sentiment but does someone coming on here and saying whatever really influence a game?

Usually for every post made on .net there is another one saying the complete opposite so if any player is reading it they'll usually get a mixed bag of views.

If players have any sense they should just avoid fans forums, facebook, twitter etc on the day of a game anyway.

Lester B
06-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Perhaps the most pitiful thread opening post I have read in here in a long time. Just Go Away.

Alex Trager
06-05-2014, 09:59 AM
The point is this is not the time for negativity. We've had enough of that. The fans being negative does affect the players, and threads like these can affect the fans.

Fair enough. I agree with that.
It is a problem though I hope we deal with it during the summer. The more I think about it the more I recognise this is not the time. We
Have two more games to get through with this bunch and move on.

Saorsa
06-05-2014, 10:00 AM
I make a special case for him! Lewis Stevenson runs his guts out for Hibs and never lets us down. McGivern is a waste of a shirt.Well maybe others disagree with you about Stevenson. For the record I agree with you about Stevenson, I also share your opinion on our best CH. I just think it's a bit of a case of :kettle: that you're having a go at anybody for singling out any player when you dae it yersel. Me I'll support the team on the park, whoever it is. I'll keep my ire for the person responsible for dragging this club tae where it is, the person who has been running it.

Wheat Hound
06-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Lewis has been our player of the season again in my opinion. Not a huge honour, I know, but one he deserves anyway.

Weststandwanab
06-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I am not one for picking on certain players, but I am gradually getting hacked of with his lack of ability on his weaker foot. The amount of times he has had an opportunity to drive forward or whip a ball in with his right foot but decided to cut back on to his left is uncountable. Collins and others strikers have faced the brunt of most hibs fans but the delivery they have received has been ridiculously poor. If he had a right foot we would have scored more goals this season without a doubt, He works hard I give him that but end product is piss poor! He manages to run all over the park okay !

I like you name BTW

I make a special case for him! Lewis Stevenson runs his guts out for Hibs and never lets us down. McGivern is a waste of a shirt. I agree with 50% of that.

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Looking forward to saying Callum booth back. first on the team sheet next season.

Fergus52
06-05-2014, 10:03 AM
The annoying thing is that he can actually use his right foot, he just doesn't.

In the rare occasions he has used it (maybe only 4 or 5 since breaking into the team all those years ago) he's managed to cross or pass the ball quite competently.

Did he not shoot with it against Killie and almost score this season as well?

portycabbage
06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I am not one for picking on certain players, but I am gradually getting hacked of with his lack of ability on his weaker foot. The amount of times he has had an opportunity to drive forward or whip a ball in with his right foot but decided to cut back on to his left is uncountable. Collins and others strikers have faced the brunt of most hibs fans but the delivery they have received has been ridiculously poor. If he had a right foot we would have scored more goals this season without a doubt, He works hard I give him that but end product is piss poor!

Maybe it's just me, but if Lewis is 'cutting back' on his left rather than driving forward and whipping a ball in with his weaker right foot, he'd have to be playing on the right wing rather than the left? Admittedly this was the case when he was at right back though.

hibbymac
06-05-2014, 10:11 AM

sniff sniff ... you're first post below, hmmmm what's changed??

"we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt that "

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Perhaps the most pitiful thread opening post I have read in here in a long time. Just Go Away.

I am, away to Dingwall unfortunately. Its in the blood. Might bring along a banner with bunch of imposters written on it. see if that will effect the players as that is obviously what I am trying to.

Smartie
06-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Maradona in his prime didn't have a right foot. Would he not be of use to us right now? Or Steven Fletcher? (Although I remember him getting similar abuse on here for this).

The only time that Stevenson's lack of a right foot was of any significance was when some clown decided to play him at right back. Quite why we insist on picking faults with our best players I do not know. His left foot has rarely let us down and he is very good at getting it on to his better foot. Let's just leave it there.

Of far more concern is what a guy who was once on the books of Man City does when he has the ball on his good foot.

But we're in a hole and they're all we've got right now so for about 5 days could we not just try to get behind them?

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 10:16 AM
sniff sniff ... you're first post below, hmmmm what's changed??

"we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt that "

Nothing has changed that's the problem. slowly declining. I like many are past the stage now of blaming the fans ( I openly admit I may come across as a hypocrite) now berate me as you would a politician.

Nando™
06-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Why is it that only the left-footers are given criticism for not using their weaker foot?

There are hundreds of right-footed professional footballers in Britain that refuse to use their left foot because their right is so much stronger, and nobody brings them to task over it.

What is with this discrimination? Even Messi and Robben get slated for it :hilarious

stoneyburn hibs
06-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Predominantly left footed he may be but if every Hibs player had put in the shifts that Lewis has this season, then we wouldn't be sweating on a result tonight.

Jonnyboy
06-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Why is it that only the left-footers are given criticism for not using their weaker foot?

There are hundreds of right-footed professional footballers in Britain that refuse to use their left foot because their right is so much stronger, and nobody brings them to task over it.

What is with this discrimination? Even Messi and Robben get slated for it :hilarious

Good points, well made.

Lester B
06-05-2014, 10:27 AM
I am, away to Dingwall unfortunately. Its in the blood. Might bring along a banner with bunch of imposters written on it. see if that will effect the players as that is obviously what I am trying to.

Ironic attempts at humour are doomed to fail badly when you cannot spell 'affect' or 'it's'. So you spend your time waiting to go to Dingwall starting a critical thread about one of the few players who cannot be faulted for effort this season? Not convinced you are going anywhere North of Edinburgh tonight.

leggeto
06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Does ronaldo have a left foot,or does David Murphy have a right foot,or did maradona ever have a right foot

Lester B
06-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Does ronaldo have a left foot,or does David Murphy have a right foot

The late great Willie Ormond said that his right leg was for standing on!!!:wink:

Fergus52
06-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Does ronaldo have a left foot,or does David Murphy have a right foot,or did maradona ever have a right foot

Yes :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmDmJGyd7A

leggeto
06-05-2014, 10:34 AM
The late great Willie Ormond said that his right leg was for standing on!!!:wink:

Use your strong foot whenever you can unless you are equal in both which is fairly rare at this level

leggeto
06-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmDmJGyd7A

Smartarse ;) that's why he gets paid the big bucks

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Ironic attempts at humour are doomed to fail badly when you cannot spell 'affect' or 'it's'. So you spend your time waiting to go to Dingwall starting a critical thread about one of the few players who cannot be faulted for effort this season? Not convinced you are going anywhere North of Edinburgh tonight.

OHH the grammar police are out, Its a forum not Harvard's It's a matter of opinions and you are obviously offended by mine. Your like a little child. Do I detect a hint of jealousy at the fact I am going and you are possibly not?

SlickShoes
06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
I am not too fond of Lewis as a player for Hibs, but he's been fairly solid recently and while I agree he is one footed it's not really the time to be raising this issue right before the biggest game of the season. It's been discussed at length before and if you dislike Lewis as a footballer you will be hounded for HATING him anyway, if I were you I'd just delete the thread and set it sink to the bottom.

Lester B
06-05-2014, 10:47 AM
OHH the grammar police are out, Its a forum not Harvard's It's a matter of opinions and you are obviously offended by mine. Your like a little child. Do I detect a hint of jealousy at the fact I am going and you are possibly not?

It's not grammar; it's spelling son. There is nowhere called Harvard's. There is an American university called Harvard. Offended? No. Think the OP was stupid, pointless nonsense and we are now getting into name calling. I wish I was going tonight but I have to work. I genuinely hope you enjoy it and we get a result.

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 10:53 AM
It's not grammar; it's spelling son. There is nowhere called Harvard's. There is an American university called Harvard. Offended? No. Think the OP was stupid, pointless nonsense and we are now getting into name calling. I wish I was going tonight but I have to work. I genuinely hope you enjoy it and we get a result.

Enjoy it? Enjoy what exactly. The glorious football that we produce? the atmosphere of dingwall?. When in reality it is a bunch of imposters pretending to play football. It's in the blood unfortunately, otherwise I would rather watch corrie

leggeto
06-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I'll say he has been one of the most reliable players in the last few years and one of the busiest positions in the team considering the constant attacking and pressure against us due to poor midfield, so him only using one foot is no bad going for me

Lester B
06-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Enjoy it? Enjoy what exactly. The glorious football that we produce? the atmosphere of dingwall?. When in reality it is a bunch of imposters pretending to play football. It's in the blood unfortunately, otherwise I would rather watch corrie

I hope we win which I think by definition would be enjoyable.

And in conclusion...

Cheer. The ****. Up.

The_Horde
06-05-2014, 11:23 AM

The fans are to blame. If they weren't getting on the player's backs they might feel confident enough to start using their weaker foot more often..

Keith_M
06-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Strangely enough, it's not that long ago since people were complaining about a striker we had who seemed unable to kick a ball with his right foot.

He (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Fletcher_%28footballer%29)'s done quite well for himself, despite this terrible drawback.

:wink:

Thecat23
06-05-2014, 11:32 AM

For me the most consistent player this season and head and shoulders above some of that team of so called pros.

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Strangely enough, it's not that long ago since people were complaining about a striker we had who seemed unable to kick a ball with his right foot.

He (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Fletcher_%28footballer%29)'s done quite well for himself, despite this terrible drawback.

:wink:

We are talking about Stevenson here, Not fletcher, Ronaldo messi or any one else. I just feel due to him not using his right foot a lot of opportunities have been wasted. He is a an extremely average player that is why he divides opinion, For those who feel hibs should be a top four club, he is not good enough and for those who are happy to finish bottom six as long as we stay up ,he is good enough

Nando™
06-05-2014, 11:35 AM
;3996443']The fans are to blame. If they weren't getting on the player's backs they might feel confident enough to start using their weaker foot more often..

Without a doubt, all we have to do is stop the abuse and maybe Lewis will grow a second left foot in addition to being able to backheel every ball with his right at Pirlo levels of accuracy.

Diclonius
06-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I love Lewis Stevenson.

Centre Hawf
06-05-2014, 12:04 PM
While were listing faults. Why hasn't Ben Williams scored any goals since his arrival?!

leggeto
06-05-2014, 12:07 PM
We are talking about Stevenson here, Not fletcher, Ronaldo messi or any one else. I just feel due to him not using his right foot a lot of opportunities have been wasted. He is a an extremely average player that is why he divides opinion, For those who feel hibs should be a top four club, he is not good enough and for those who are happy to finish bottom six as long as we stay up ,he is good enough

Disagree with you there,not extremely average but a good pro who does his job without fuss,the last 7 managers we have had must have seen something in him,unless we can get someone to do what David Murphy could do on our wage budget he'll do for me

LaMotta
06-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I've heard some creative excuses for Collins poor season, but now his lack of impact is being blamed on Stevenson being weaker on his right foot than his left :LOL:

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 12:54 PM
I've heard some creative excuses for Collins poor season, but now his lack of impact is being blamed on Stevenson being weaker on his right foot than his left :LOL:

No I am blaming the service, no creativity

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Disagree with you there,not extremely average but a good pro who does his job without fuss,the last 7 managers we have had must have seen something in him,unless we can get someone to do what David Murphy could do on our wage budget he'll do for me
I will be extremely disappointed if booth doesn't play left back next year. In my opinion a better player with much more potential than stevenson

Lester B
06-05-2014, 12:57 PM

Thank you sir. You have inspired me. I am now going. :tbgwa:

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Thank you sir. You have inspired me. I am now going. :tbgwa:

Poor you

leggeto
06-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I will be extremely disappointed if booth doesn't play left back next year. In my opinion a better player with much more potential than stevenson

Never made it under fenlon but hopefully TB will give him his chance as he did look good for 1st few months,then fell away,better potential but not sure if he is better than Lewis

Fergus52
06-05-2014, 01:10 PM

:rolleyes:

Gus
06-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Poor you

:confused: Jeezo, dinnae go ffs, instead of moaning about attending get behind the players, as you said it's in the blood, then support the club even if they are fielding players with one prominent foot over another.

In other news the world is round

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Based on what exactly? Im looking forward to seeing Booth coming back as reports from his time at Raith are positive and we do need someone for that position, but he really struggled first time around. It sounds like he will be given a chance, so its up to him to make it at SPL level. Stevensons best position is in midfield so there isnt really any competition between the two either.

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 01:16 PM
:confused: Jeezo, dinnae go ffs, instead of moaning about attending get behind the players, as you said it's in the blood, then support the club even if they are fielding players with one prominent foot over another.

In other news the world is round
put it this way I am obliged to go.

Lester B
06-05-2014, 01:22 PM
put it this way I am obliged to go.

Look your bleating on this thread has made me decide to leave my work early and drive to Dingwall by myself and back to Edinburgh because everyone else I know thinks I am mad to go. My late dad made me 'obliged' to go. I'll never stop thanking him for that 'obligation'.

Hibercelona
06-05-2014, 01:22 PM

John Rankin wasn't a "top 4" player either according to many Hibs fans.