PDA

View Full Version : Atletico views on Hibs

jodjam
05-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Done bit of work over weekend for a family of 4 from Madrid. The kid , about 16, is on Atletico Madrid's books as a keeper. They went along to ER on Saturday. Their views were quite interesting. Surprised that the ball was played on the deck which good to hear. They thought Higginbottom and no8 were standouts for PT. Then it turned to Hibs and the big blonde defender who they reckon cannot pass a ball. I'm guessing Nelson agrees with this. They were shocked he was on City's books.

They had Stevenson down as our best player. Loved his attitude and way he got around the park. They had a great time and Eebs is now their Scottish team. :flag:

007 Mickey Weir
05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
My brother was over from France for the weekend. Went to first game in ages and was delighted at the way Hibs played. He was expecting a terrible game but thought we did well and should have win the game. Cummings has a great future and just needs that first goal.

We will stay up and TB needs a new back line. Love us to invest on Shinnie and Taylor-Sinclair.

Steven_Hibs
05-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Done bit of work over weekend for a family of 4 from Madrid. The kid , about 16, is on Atletico Madrid's books as a keeper. They went along to ER on Saturday. Their views were quite interesting. Surprised that the ball was played on the deck which good to hear. They thought Higginbottom and no8 were standouts for PT. Then it turned to Hibs and the big blonde defender who they reckon cannot pass a ball. I'm guessing Nelson agrees with this. They were shocked he was on City's books.

They had Stevenson down as our best player. Loved his attitude and way he got around the park. They had a great time and Eebs is now their Scottish team. :flag:

I smell a yam :greengrin Why would they be surprised at the Ball on the deck? Aye until Thomson was subbed, we persisted to punt it up to Cummings. Stevenson our best player? I thought Robertson was MOTM :greengrin (who picked him btw) but in all seriousness Thomson was the best player on the park.

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 09:22 AM
I smell a yam :greengrin Why would they be surprised at the Ball on the deck? Aye until Thomson was subbed, we persisted to punt it up to Cummings. Stevenson our best player? I thought Robertson was MOTM :greengrin (who picked him btw) but in all seriousness Thomson was the best player on the park.

I thought Thomson was by FAR the man of the match. He did more than enough in the first 45. He pressed forward (with a lot more pace than I thought he'd had since his first tenure), made incisive passes and commanded and dominated in the centre of the park. He's our closeted captain.

Closely followed by Stevenson who got up and down the park with lost of very good crosses into the box as he does most weeks. Very, very rarely does Stevenson put a foot wrong. That compliment from football fans who're used to a much higher level of football speaks volumes regarding his 'suspected' ability among naysayers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Paloschi
05-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Always welcome outsider opinions as it is interesting. Stevenson has come on leaps and bounds this season but I would still like us to sign a left back in summer. McGivern and Nelson surely won't be here.

Is their number 8 Bannigan? Was very impressed by him.

jodjam
05-05-2014, 09:27 AM

Not a yam. I'm guessing they expected a different style of football

jodjam
05-05-2014, 09:28 AM
I thought Thomson was by FAR the man of the match. He did more than enough in the first 45. He pressed forward (with a lot more pace than I thought he'd had since his first tenure), made incisive passes and commanded and dominated the centre of June park. He's our closeted captain.

Closely followed by Stevenson who got up and down the park with lost of very good crosses into the box as he does most weeks. Very, very rarely does Stevenson put a foot wrong. That compliment from football fans who're used to a much higher level of football speaks volumes regarding his 'suspected' ability among naysayers.

Totally agree

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2014, 09:32 AM

If their opinion having watched him once had differed from yours would you have just written it off?

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 09:38 AM
If their opinion having watched him once had differed from yours would you have just written it off?

No, I'd take it on board. If they had said he'd been especially rubbish or mediocre, I'd probably watch the La Liga fullbacks and see what he had done differently.

No one's saying he's Marcelo, his supporters like me are just saying he's one of our best players. We, being a team teetering in a playoff battle in one of the weakest leagues we've ever had in this country.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Always welcome outsider opinions as it is interesting. Stevenson has come on leaps and bounds this season but I would still like us to sign a left back in summer. McGivern and Nelson surely won't be here.

Is their number 8 Bannigan? Was very impressed by him.

Bannigan :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
05-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Carlos Morales?

jodjam
05-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Carlos Morales?

The family name was Arguelles

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2014, 10:59 AM
His supporters like me are just saying he's one of our best players. We, being a team teetering in a playoff battle in one of the weakest leagues we've ever had in this country.

That's what's so sad about our current situation, its a sorry state of affairs.

Waxy
05-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Cmon the Eebes

Steven_Hibs
05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
I thought Thomson was by FAR the man of the match. He did more than enough in the first 45. He pressed forward (with a lot more pace than I thought he'd had since his first tenure), made incisive passes and commanded and dominated in the centre of the park. He's our closeted captain.

I agree with the first para. But not the second, good crosses maybe but three times he belted them to the back post area which no one was there! Lower and harder would've been better! Once he did put a cross right across the face of goal! Just needed a connection I suppose. Crying out for a LB, booth and Baptie can hopefully make that position their own over summer if not TB better have a cracker lined up

Centre Hawf
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Tell them to pass on the message to Simeone that "Stevenson is not for sale at any price"

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Tell them to pass on the message to Simeone that "Stevenson is not for sale at any price"

Swap deal for Diego Costa? They'd take one look at Stevenson and send us a Costa Coffee mug instead!

Centre Hawf
05-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Swap deal for Diego Costa? They'd take one look at Stevenson and send us a Costa Coffee mug instead!

Gimme Stevenson over a Fred West lookalike any day of the week

monktonharp
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Iwould like us to sign 2 left backs,2 right backs ,and 2 centre backs mainly. we might end up with 1 good regular for each position and the remainder would have to do, as back-ups:rolleyes:

Fergus52
05-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Love introducing foreigners to hibs.

last season I took a young Malawian, who had never left his rural community before, to our win over St Johnstone. His trip to ER was one of his first experiences of Scotland and the western world as a whole.

I gave him one of my old tops and when I went over there a few weeks later, he was proudly wearing it every day, even to school and church :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
05-05-2014, 02:42 PM

:agree: Swap deal involving James Collins and Diego Costa could be on the cards though.

I've heard his great granny's best pal's sister hailed from Portobello and he's always wanted to play for us.

FACT.

Hero76
05-05-2014, 04:23 PM
These people are easily pleased eh

Jonnyboy
05-05-2014, 06:18 PM
These people are easily pleased eh

:rolleyes:

jacomo
05-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Gimme Stevenson over a Fred West lookalike any day of the week

Fair enough. As a footballer rather than a lover though?

Iain G
05-05-2014, 08:58 PM
:rolleyes:

As that great Irish lyricist Ronan Keating once profoundly stated JB "You say it best when you say nothing at all" :wink:

Jonnyboy
05-05-2014, 08:59 PM
As that great Irish lyricist Ronan Keating once profoundly stated JB "You say it best when you say nothing at all" :wink:

:greengrin

Centre Hawf
05-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Fair enough. As a footballer rather than a lover though?

My taste in lovers has always been poor to be fair.

Sean1875
06-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Always really good to hear about the experiences of people from different football cultures watching Hibs :agree: no chance that 16 year old fancies getting away from that poxy Madrid club and come join a proper team no? :greengrin