PDA

View Full Version : Stay up and get the good times rolling!

madhatter
04-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I've been duped into thinking this many times before but something about this time makes me feel a bit more confident - the suggested withdraw of Rod Petrie to some degree; a decent management team who appear to care and are unlikely to bring in as much drivel may be a few of the reasons. Also, I feel Leanne could be crucial to our club developing - some increased fan ownership/schemes is not going to go amiss. For Scottish teams, without ridiculous TV money that the OF still take a large percentage of, the only way forward is fan initiatives and as far as I'm hearing she is pretty much one of the best in the business in Scotland in this regard.

As much as I dislike Petrie, I thought that him giving a speech to the players is the kind of thing he should be doing more often - even if it is an update on the club and to provide fan feedback or something, I don't want him involved with the team selection or anything but him showing an interest from time to time is nice. Especially at times like these.

With this all said and done, I hope we get the 3pts mid-week and put this to bed. Then TB can call the players he has lined up (hopefully Shinnie, McKay, Higginbotham, Hemmings, Paul McGowan and Murray Davidson or players of at least that calibre) and gets them in pronto, KT signs a new contract and is made captain. Plus new interesting fan initiatives are created so the club can make money to invest in the team, alongside providing something attractive for fans.

I see a bright future - we have solid foundations. Now, lets get going!

:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
04-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I really hope your optimism is rewarded, mate. We're long overdue some good times again. Perhaps this is rock bottom, and once we ensure safety we'll begin the process of climbing our way back up. Just perhaps.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2014, 04:40 PM
I've been duped into thinking this many times before but something about this time makes me feel a bit more confident - the suggested withdraw of Rod Petrie to some degree; a decent management team who appear to care and are unlikely to bring in as much drivel may be a few of the reasons. Also, I feel Leanne could be crucial to our club developing - some increased fan ownership/schemes is not going to go amiss. For Scottish teams, without ridiculous TV money that the OF still take a large percentage of, the only way forward is fan initiatives and as far as I'm hearing she is pretty much one of the best in the business in Scotland in this regard.

As much as I dislike Petrie, I thought that him giving a speech to the players is the kind of thing he should be doing more often - even if it is an update on the club and to provide fan feedback or something, I don't want him involved with the team selection or anything but him showing an interest from time to time is nice. Especially at times like these.

With this all said and done, I hope we get the 3pts mid-week and put this to bed. Then TB can call the players he has lined up (hopefully Shinnie, McKay, Higginbotham, Hemmings, Paul McGowan and Murray Davidson or players of at least that calibre) and gets them in pronto, KT signs a new contract and is made captain. Plus new interesting fan initiatives are created so the club can make money to invest in the team, alongside providing something attractive for fans.

I see a bright future - we have solid foundations. Now, lets get going!

:flag:

Would take any or all of these players mate ... with McKay top of the list, unfortunately he will be top of others lists too.

One things for sure. With yet another miserable season stuttering to a close, no cup final to bolster ST sales and two out of 3 of our biggest fixtures missing from next years card the folk responsible for progress at ER are going to have to think out of the box to get the fans back on side and enthusiastic about the clubs prospects for next season.

Lets hope some signings are made which will enthuse the fans and get folk turning up for next season. Provided we stay up of course, coz relegation with The Rangers and the Yams in the Championship would be a disaster.

Actually ..... in effect we might as well say that our 3 biggest fixtures have all gone .... it seems to me that the fans of us and other top league clubs don't care to buy tickets to watch Celtic's sledgehammer crack another nut any more. Better to save the money and watch a game for a fiver less that your team might have a chance of winning.

I don't know about other Hibbies out there but I for one barely give the celtic result a second glance unless it directly affects us. As I've said before, Celtic's presence in the league has become an irrelevance to the real competition.

Nutmegged
06-05-2014, 01:04 AM
You can never stop competing mate, you can never stop reaching for the stars, when Celtic get to the Champions League you'd imagine that they'd be in the same boat as ourselves in comparison to how we feel about the Premiership but against all the odds on what, 3 or 4 times now they've actually qualified from the group stages taking some pretty big scalps along the way, that's why we shouldn't just write off hames against them, if they can beat a Man U or a Barca then we can beat them, if we can beat them then we know that we can beat anyone in the Country.

its all about belief and application

Alex Trager
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I do also hope for this and have feeling similar to yourself.

When will we learn? :)