Watmore
Craig
Robertson
Stanton
Cairney

Cummings

007 Mickey Weir
04-05-2014, 12:22 PM
We need keep the same team as much as possible. Forster in for Nelson. Watmore in for Thomson if Injured. Craig to play in middle with Robertson.

Diclonius
04-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Williams

Maybury Forster McPake McGivern

Watmore Robertson Craig Stevenson

Stanton

Cummings

Assuming Thomson is out.

Ronniekirk
04-05-2014, 04:16 PM
We need keep the same team as much as possible. Forster in for Nelson. Watmore in for Thomson if Injured. Craig to play in middle with Robertson.
Normally I would agree but McGivern and Foster together could be disaster early doors as they get used to each other and Ross County will look to exploit that ,but then again McPake has been out for slo long that could be same scenario So no clean sheet prediction and someone will need to get us the two goals we need to win it .

happiehibbie
04-05-2014, 04:44 PM
a tough call for TB this game. I would go along the lines off

Williams

Foster McGivern McPake Stevenson

Harris Robertson Thomson (if fit) craig

Stanton ( with longer studs)

Cummings,

a few permutations tho if players not fit Cairney in for Thomson but playing in the Stanton role I would even consider Craig at centre half and bring in Watmore if McPake is still not ready

Kojock
04-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Has Maybury got the legs to play two games in four days ??

Heisenberg
04-05-2014, 05:07 PM

Got to hope so. Other option is Mcpake coming in but that wouldn't fill me with confidence.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I'd give taiwo a shot at RB...

007 Mickey Weir
05-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Maybury is fit. Our only real RB so needs to play in there. Forster comes in and will offer us a goal threat at corners. Would love to see the McPake from first time around in at CB. But not sure this is the game to risk him.

But if Maybury can't make it them McPake needs to start.

bingo70
05-05-2014, 09:05 AM

Im not convinced cummings does. Hes been dead on his feet after an hour the last two weeks.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2014, 09:06 AM

I think so.

He's really fit and a good professional.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I'd go

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Craig
Stanton
Harris

Cummings

Paloschi
05-05-2014, 09:10 AM
I would go for:

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Forster
Stevenson

Robertson
Taiwo

Harris
Craig
Stanton

Cummings

Murdoch, McGivern, Jones, Cairney, Collins, Watmore, Handling.

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 09:11 AM
I'd give taiwo a shot at RB...

I also would like to see that. Fenlon should've tried that last season after the split to give us another option for the ever-worn worn Alan Maybury.

When Taiwo came on as a sub in Butcher's first match away to St Mirren, he played him at right-midfield. He looked exactly like a right back filling in at right midfield!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FromTheCapital
05-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Forster
Stevenson

Watmore
Taiwo/Thomson
Robertson
Stanton

Craig
Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------
05-05-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd go

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Craig
Stanton
Harris

Cummings

I agree, unless Thomson turns out to be fit ...

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 10:10 AM
It has to be:

Williams.

Maybury. Forster. McGivern. Stevenson.

Robertson. Stanton.

Watmore. Craig. Harris.

Cummings.

Is a midfield two of Stanton and Robertson too much if a gamble? I'm thinking that we take the game to them and by having Craig in a free role. He'll have the freedom to play his game which is scoring goals. Ideally I'd have Stevenson as a holding midfielder and I'm not sure if Tudur Jones would make enough of a positive impact to be brought in. Is two box-to-box midfielders a good idea or not?

I think Stanton should be brought back into the middle of the park, so he can get his foot on the ball more and have a bigger influence the game. In my opinion, he's started to tail off the last few matches, so maybe it'd be good to get him grafting in the middle again and re involve him in our gameplay.

I think him and Robertson could be a very good partnership, as Stanton has skill and composure (minus the sliding about of Saturday) and Robertson has bags of energy and drive alongside him, chauffeuring him throughout a midfield battle, I think the two of them would make a very good partnership.

If I was Butcher I'd be playing 4-3-3 on the last match of the day if it isn't vital. I'd have Black and Baptie on with McGivern and Forster in the middle. A midfield triumvirate of Thomson as the holding midfielder, and Robertson and Stanton playing box-to-box. The forward line up would ideally be Watmore on one side, Harris in the other and Cummings in the middle. Lots of pace and energy, but depending on form, we could even have Craig up top on a flank, or Handling. Even Cummings might find more freedom cutting in from the right..

Again, in an ideal world, Stanton would be getting a well-earned break from the constant matches he's been playing since he broke through. Macnamara is resting both Gauld and Souttar to protect them and ease them into first team football. I'm hoping next season we have a mature playmaker in the team to take the pressure off Stanton (it should be Cairney, however that has remained to be seen).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jim44
05-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I don't really care what team is picked, I'm more concerned about how well Butcher gets them motivated. It's by far the most important game of the season and Butcher has a great opportunity to shut the likes of me up with an all-out assault on RC from the kick -off. Something tells me tho' that he'll set us up for a dour battle to not get beaten, rather than go all out for a season saving win.

flash
05-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't really care what team is picked, I'm more concerned about how well Butcher gets them motivated. It's by far the most important game of the season and Butcher has a great opportunity to shut the likes of me up with an all-out assault on RC from the kick -off. Something tells me tho' that he'll set us up for a dour battle to not get beaten, rather than go all out for a season saving win.

Not like you to have such a negative attitude.

dmc1875
05-05-2014, 03:20 PM

That could be a disaster IMO. Forster hasn't exactly had the best of times at CB recently having a major say in four goals conceded in the last two games he played. He's better at RB at the moment I think and I doubt Maybury can last three games in a week.

I think the team will be

Williams
Forster
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig
Watmore
Harris

Stanton
Cummings

Jim44
05-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Not like you to have such a negative attitude.

Leopards and spots an' all that. :greengrin Nothing negative about wanting Butcher to have a go at them from the start. Do you think he will?

flash
05-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Leopards and spots an' all that. :greengrin Nothing negative about wanting Butcher to have a go at them from the start. Do you think he will?

I think it will be the same formation which is pretty positive. Fingers crossed.

hibsbollah
05-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Williams

Maybury McPake Forster Stevenson

Watmore Craig Stanton Robertson Harris

Cummings

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-05-2014, 05:21 PM
I'd go

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Craig
Stanton
Harris

Cummings

this is most likely. not convinced he'll start Watmore in such a game as he's a bit all the place tactically. in which case it may be big Jones to rough them up.

AlbertK86
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Can't see TB starting both Harris and Watmore and would tend to agree if he doesn't

I would swap Watmore with Harris and go 442 but think he will go for a straight swap OTJ for Thommo and Forster for Nelson

For me we need to go for it so

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton
Craig

Collins
Cummings

Collins in only so we will no doubt punt long and to employ this tactic with only Cummings up front is ludicrous.

If I thought we would play on the deck I'd put Handling in ahead of Collins

A win would be fantastic but think it will be a draw at best

Sammy7nil
05-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Can't see TB starting both Harris and Watmore and would tend to agree if he doesn't

I would swap Watmore with Harris and go 442 but think he will go for a straight swap OTJ for Thommo and Forster for Nelson

For me we need to go for it so

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton
Craig

Collins
Cummings

Collins in only so we will no doubt punt long and to employ this tactic with only Cummings up front is ludicrous.

If I thought we would play on the deck I'd put Handling in ahead of Collins

A win would be fantastic but think it will be a draw at best

That would be my team Harris needs a seat on the bench he looks dead on his feet maybe he can be an impact sub.

GreenArmyyy!
05-05-2014, 10:39 PM
What does Watmore need to do to get a start.

IanM
05-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Craig has looked miles better since Robertson has came back into the squad and thought he was unlucky not to score on Saturday (that's my excuse for having a score at 9/1 first scorer tomorrow!) and between the pair of them I think that's where we'll win the match tomorrow. Harris has probably been the weakest of the midfield in recent weeks and maybe deserves a rest from the starting XI..

Unseen work
05-05-2014, 11:11 PM
After butchers comments after the game I wouldn't be suprised to see us go with Collins and Cummings up top and take the game to them

I have a feeling it will be

Williams

Maybury Forster mcgivern Stevenson

Harris Robertson Stanton Craig

Collins Cummings

Maybe Cummings could drop off a bit when we don't have the ball and when were playing it short as he has a good strike from outside the box. If it's a long ball get him up beside Collins for the flick on which almost came off a couple of times

I would like to see a good attacking team however of

Williams

Forster mcpake mcgivern Stevenson

Robertson Craig

Handling. Stanton. Harris

Cummings

Everytime I see the young guys play together they seem to have a very good understanding. Unfortunately they don't have the confidence to play to their potential so am hoping pre season terry gives them a real chance to get that feel good feeling,

Tyler Durden
06-05-2014, 06:33 AM

Make an impact as a sub would be a good start - did very little the last 2 weeks.

erin go bragh
06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Williams

Forster
Mcpake
Mcgivern
Stevenson

Jones
Stanton
Craig

Handling
Collins
Cummings

Ggtth

Brightside
06-05-2014, 09:41 AM
A real shame that we have to play McGivern. It's basically a -1 before we start. Very hopeful that Cummings can get off the mark.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 09:53 AM

Hasn't really done anything for us since he's been here, bar the Raith game.

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Dougie horne
Aaron dunsmore Neil martyniuk
Robert Wilson
Andrew black

Max todd
Jordan Sinclair
Sam Stanton
Jamie beaton
Euan smith jay doyle.. sick of watching the other bunch of imposters

marinello59
06-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Dougie horne
Robert Wilson
Andrew black

Max todd
Jordan Sinclair
Sam Stanton
Jamie beaton
You didn't watch the Thistle game then?

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 09:56 AM
You didn't watch the Thistle game then?

I base my findings on the whole season home and away, not just one home game against Partick

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Dougie horne
Robert Wilson
Andrew black

Max todd
Jordan Sinclair
Sam Stanton
Jamie beaton

Butcher wont play them.

DaveF
06-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Couple of key decisons to be made which are gambles whatever way Butcher goes.

Does he play Maybury twice in 4 days at RB or does he put Forster at RB and stick in McPake who has had 2 U20 games in the last 6 months.

Or maybe he will play Maybury, Forster, McGivern and Stevenson?

From memory RC have big powerful forwards. Maybe that will influence the thinking.

silverhibee
06-05-2014, 10:50 AM

I don't think he has fully recovered from his injury hence the reason he is not starting games but worth the risk to bring on with 30 minutes to go if needed.

The Sea-gull
06-05-2014, 11:06 AM
If Thommo is definitely out then:-

Williams

Maybury Forster McGivern Stevenson

Harris Stanton Robertson Craig

Cummings Handling

DPBurgh1875
06-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Is taiwo injured?

Hibee87
06-05-2014, 02:30 PM
im hearing britten is out for them, thats should be a good thing as he has the potential to win games especially from set pieces where we seem a tab vulnerable.

hope thomson is fit, but if not

..........williams..........

mayb forst mcgir stevs

...........robbo..........

harris.....stanton........craig

........collins....cummings

if thomo fit, drop collins same team and set up as last 2 games with back for as above - think its to early for mcpake

Green Fish
06-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Please hibs, win tonight, CT the ref on Saturday

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Some mental stuff on this thread! Try a central midfielder out at RB?!

Agree with bingo as well - those questioning mayburys fitness but assume Cummings is fine? Cummings went down with cramp 60 minutes Ito the derby and was knackered early doors last week as well.

Also what has Watmore done in the last 2 weeks? A lot more than Harris has.

cat1875
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Some mental stuff on this thread! Try a central midfielder out at RB?!

Agree with bingo as well - those questioning mayburys fitness but assume Cummings is fine? Cummings went down with cramp 60 minutes Ito the derby and was knackered early doors last week as well.

Also what has Watmore done in the last 2 weeks? A lot more than Harris has.

18 year old striker left up top on his own to keep us up and save our season. runs his heart out chasing every ball obviously tired after 60 70 mins with no help
look at distances covered with him v maybury ?
jeez !!!!!!!!

theonlywayisup
06-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Some mental stuff on this thread!

:agree:

Thank goodness some on here are not our manager!

Me! I have think TB has to make minimal changes compared to the last two games. That is why it will be Forster in for Nelson and Taiwo or Jones in for Thomson, if he is not fit enough.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2014, 04:56 PM
18 year old striker left up top on his own to keep us up and save our season. runs his heart out chasing every ball obviously tired after 60 70 mins with no help
look at distances covered with him v maybury ?
jeez !!!!!!!!

You appear to be trying to disagree but the point you make strengthens the point I've made.