PDA

View Full Version : Taiwo

Hibstrooper
04-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Where has he gone?

Disappeared right out of it the past couple of games, not even making the bench. It's strange as he was far from being worst performer.

I'd have him in for Thomson on Tuesday as he's probably the most similar midfielder in terms of style of play to KT and we need to setup/play like we did in the first half, not the second.

J-C
04-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Where has he gone?

Disappeared right out of it the past couple of games, not even making the bench. It's strange as he was far from being worst performer.

I'd have him in for Thomson on Tuesday as he's probably the most similar midfielder in terms of style of play to KT and we need to setup/play like we did in the first half, not the second.

Obviously not doing enough in training, it's up to him to push himself into the squad, TB will probably play OTJ on tuesday unless KT's injury isn't that bad.

Stewboy
04-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Remember it wasn't that long ago that TT was told his arse was out the door

inglisavhibs
04-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Where has he gone?

When Thomson plays like he did in the first half yesterday there is huge gap in ability. Sadly Thomson has not been able to do it often enough. Taiwo can never be faulted for effort but doesn't have enough qualities to be a Hibs first team player.

Bronson
04-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Taiwo is a tidy wee player IMO, worth keeping in the squad for back-up, quite underrated.

SMAXXA
04-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Obviously not doing enough in training, it's up to him to push himself into the squad, TB will probably play OTJ on tuesday unless KT's injury isn't that bad.

KT Is out for the rest of the season

J-C
04-05-2014, 05:57 PM
KT Is out for the rest of the season

Yea noticed that after I posted, shame as he was important in the run in.

Michael
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM
I think he should play given KT's injury. He always seems to perform okay IMO. Rarely has a poor game, but equally rare are his good games. It's sort of impressive in its own way.

Centre Hawf
04-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Better than OTJ. Good player to bring on when holding onto a win etc. We just havent been in that situation for months.

Jdawg
04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
If we want to progress, in a league without hearts or the rangers, next season we require players far better than Tawio. he wouldn't get a regular game for any team in the division. If I recall, his contract is up this summer. Thank him for his hard work and commitment but should be released as nowhere near good enough.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 10:07 PM
If we want to progress, in a league without hearts or the rangers, next season we require players far better than Tawio. he wouldn't get a regular game for any team in the division. If I recall, his contract is up this summer. Thank him for his hard work and commitment but should be released as nowhere near good enough.

Would get a game for just about every team in the bottom 6.

Jdawg
04-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Would get a game for just about every team in the bottom 6.

Have to disagree, can barely make our squad most weeks. Out of the bottom 6 the only team would be Ross County and only possibly.

A truly terrible footballer.

Twa Cairpets
04-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Have to disagree, can barely make our squad most weeks. Out of the bottom 6 the only team would be Ross County and only possibly.

Bollocks and with apologies in advance for a lightly inebriated post, LTYF

ehf
04-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Where has he gone?

Fell out with Malpas.

Jdawg
04-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Bollocks and with apologies in advance for a lightly inebriated post, LTYF

Deary me, put the beer down and step back from the PC.

So I have a different opinion and only a small number of posts therefore I am automatically a yam?

Ok, tell me what Taiwo brings to the team?

In my opinion, all he can do is run about about, put the odd tackle in and is determined. Passing is generally awful unless 5 yards sideways or backwards.

If we want to be in the top 6 we need far better players than the likes of Taiwo anywhere near our squad.

HoboHarry
04-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Deary me, put the beer down and step back from the PC.

So I have a different opinion and only a small number of posts therefore I am automatically a yam?

Ok, tell me what Taiwo brings to the team?

In my opinion, all he can do is run about about, put the odd tackle in and is determined. Passing is generally awful unless 5 yards sideways or backwards.

If we want to be in the top 6 we need far better players than the likes of Taiwo anywhere near our squad.
If you had said that in your first post you may not have been subjected to ridicule. The only thing you forgot to say in your first post was that he was "pish". That seems to be the "de rigueur" statement on this forum for any Hibs player a poster does not like or rate but can't effectively articulate an opinion as to why he is "pish". Or a truly terrible footballer.....

Bronson
05-05-2014, 12:47 AM

That's just blatantly not true, a gross exaggeration.

RIP
05-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Reminds me of Rankin. Great engine, can pass and tackle well. Highly effective in a team that plays football but wasted in a team that plays hoof.

Brooster
05-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Taiwo is a tidy wee player IMO, worth keeping in the squad for back-up, quite underrated.

We need to empty players like TT if we want to improve. He reminds me of Stevenson in that he cant pass and gets a nose bleed if he goes too far up the pitch.

matty_f
05-05-2014, 07:56 AM
I thought the combination of Taiwo and Claros was terrific, they definitely suited each other's playing style. Not so sure about Taiwo in this side, but I like him as a player, quite tidy with the ball, works hard and gets stuck in. We have definitely had worse.

That said, if he can't hold down a place in this side, then there's little point in hanging on to him. Time for the club to be a little more ruthless, IMHO. We as a support deserve better, the only way we're going to get better is by dealing with players we quite like having to leave the club.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
That's just blatantly not true, a gross exaggeration.

It's a chance to have a pop at something to do with Hibs though so it must be grasped with both hands.

Saorsa
05-05-2014, 08:24 AM
It's a chance to have a pop at something to do with Hibs though so it must be grasped with both hands.Perhaps we should have a week were naebody posts any opinions or what they really think just because they aren't of the happy clappy type?

I personally dinnae agree with that posters opinion of Taiwo, in fact I think it's nonsense but he's entitled tae it.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
I got into the stand fairly early and I am sure taiwo was out doing runs with another player, perhaps nursing an injury and a late fitness test?

The Sea-gull
05-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Reminds me of Rankin. Great engine, can pass and tackle well. Highly effective in a team that plays football but wasted in a team that plays hoof.

See what you mean though not sure he is as good as Rankin. The Dundee United Rankin that is, not the Hibs one. He is about the same as the Hibs Rankin who wasn't good enough when given his opportunities at Hibs though would not be surprised if TT goes and does well elsewhere like Rankin has.

Overall, it has just not really worked for TT at Hibs so best for all if he moves on.