PDA

View Full Version : Overseas fans - Dingwall game live on Hibs TV International

IberianHibernian
03-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Just seen that Tuesday`s match is live on HibernianTV International just like last Alba match ( St Mirren ) . I pay monthly but suppose single match ticket can be bought to boost kitty for next season`s new service . Will miss first 20 minutes but looking forward to rest of what will hopefully be last away match of season .

Callum_62
04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Just seen that Tuesday`s match is live on HibernianTV International just like last Alba match ( St Mirren ) . I pay monthly but suppose single match ticket can be bought to boost kitty for next season`s new service . Will miss first 20 minutes but looking forward to rest of what will hopefully be last away match of season .

I dont think single ticket can be bought (but you could just buy 1 month membership, and cancel it) - think thats 7 quid.

I bought my monthly membership to I could watch the St Mirren Game...added bonus to see this too

California-Hibs
04-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Single match tickets can't be bought. Also, I had that very though awhile back of just paying for the month and then canceling it. Good luck with that one. Turned out to be a complete night are trying to cancel with them and they kept charging me for months!

Really really wish you could buy single match tickets.

KdyHby
04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Will I be able to get it on the Isle of Harris.......

NYHibby
04-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Single match tickets can't be bought. Also, I had that very though awhile back of just paying for the month and then canceling it. Good luck with that one. Turned out to be a complete night are trying to cancel with them and they kept charging me for months!

I did this for the cup final last year and had no problem cancelling after the game. You can cancel using the website.

Callum_62
04-05-2014, 07:52 PM

Really really wish you could buy single match tickets.

Strange - looks really straightforward after logging into your account

Will see how I go if I cancel

Love the Gaelic commentary too... :greengrin

PeeJay
05-05-2014, 04:13 AM

How have the live broadcasts been of late with this service? I stopped subscribing/watching because the buffering was so bad, and I wasn't keen on the commentataor(s) - now I watch Hibs TV Xtra only (plenty buffering too, but all the home games) - Might risk the 1-month subscription if the stream has improved ....

GreenLake
05-05-2014, 04:58 AM
How have the live broadcasts been of late with this service? I stopped subscribing/watching because the buffering was so bad, and I wasn't keen on the commentataor(s) - now I watch Hibs TV Xtra only (plenty buffering too, but all the home games) - Might risk the 1-month subscription if the stream has improved ....

I have had perfect streaming from Alba on Hibs TV International the few times I watched it. The video is clear and better resolution than xtra streams from ER. Xtra has the worst streaming quality I have seen on the Internet. It is a low quality blurred product that cuts out and buffers repeatedly. Someone needs a good boot up the erky for running that disaster.

mikewynne
05-05-2014, 05:42 AM

It's a lot better than it was a year or two ago. There is the occasional buffer but much more reliable than Xtra these days and far better resolution.

Steve-O
05-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Why are Hibs International and Hibs TV Xtra 2 different things?!

I was trying to watch the game on Saturday but couldn't get Hibs Xtra to work? Was it seriously wanting 10 quid on top of the 7 I have already paid for a month subscription?

Completely bizarre IMO.

PeeJay
05-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Why are Hibs International and Hibs TV Xtra 2 different things?!

I was trying to watch the game on Saturday but couldn't get Hibs Xtra to work? Was it seriously wanting 10 quid on top of the 7 I have already paid for a month subscription?

Completely bizarre IMO.

Hibs TV International only shows games broadcast by a tv company (Alba, etc. with tv quality and replays, several camera views), (some home and away games) and the commentary is by a "neutral party" - Hibs TV Xtra is run by volunteer Hibs fans and shows all the home games (no away games) - commentary is by Hibs fans with guest commentators (currently Gallic and zany in the form of Boozy) - there's only one camera (normally, unless they take a tv broadcaster feed), but streaming is "iffy" - I've mainly had decent experiences with the stream this season, but Saturday was decidedly poor. Personally I'd like the club to combine the two independent services and run them as a single service itself and INVEST in it so it works properly, but - like many things at ER - someone obviously is not keen on investing wisely for the club.

Callum_62
05-05-2014, 06:45 AM
I believe combining them may be in the pipline for next year?

Ive only used Hibs TV INT once (for the st mirren game) and that was nigh on perfect (commentary was in gaelic though).

Ive had mixed results with Xtra (Saturdays game was one of the poorer in terms of resolution (they did seem to rectify this 2nd half though)....maybe they reverted to there old tech??

Xtra is run by volunteers - and altho its not always great, mostly there would be no other way to watch us at ER

It can be frustrating, but on the most part, I think its a pretty decent service (that ofcourse, could be made better with investment)

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Can you get Hibs TV International if you live in the UK? Ideally I'd like to watch the match on mute with either the Hibs commentary or listen to the radio if it's on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PeeJay
05-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Can you get Hibs TV International if you live in the UK? Ideally I'd like to watch the match on mute with either the Hibs commentary or listen to the radio if it's on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Hibs International service is generally available to fans in the UK - BUT (importantly for you) NOT the live games (only overseas fans can watch the games live - it's a licensing issue) - You can access everything else on the site, videos, pre-match, post-match interviews, classic games.

IberianHibernian
05-05-2014, 10:52 PM
It is confusing having 2 services but also useful since I`ve watched several matches on International after having problems with Xtra . Seems that there will only be one service next season but I don`t understand why International is not mentioned more . Here there are a few people talking of signing up for this month ( some might forget to cancel subscription or enjoy interviews etc and become long term customers ) despite no mention on main site ( except in TV section if you know where to look ) . Why is it not promoted more ? Might even be odd Ross County fan prepared to pay .

The Green Goblin
06-05-2014, 12:23 AM
The xtra service was launched after a large number of overseas fans said they really wanted to see all the home games more than anything. At the time, this wasn't guaranteed, because the stream was whatever the "externally managed" service decided it was. The club listened and set up Xtra. It still seems to be a work in progress, but as another poster said, it is run by volunteers and they put a lot of hours in so that people like me can tune in and feel a part of things whenever there's a home game. And that's why, basically, I am grateful to them and understanding if things ever don't quite work. It's a real lifeline for me, because I really miss going to ER. It's simple really: as a subscriber to both International and Xtra, I can sit down and watch 99% of Hibs games in a season. Imagine that...how great that is? All the way over here. Fantastic.

Steve-O
06-05-2014, 07:28 AM
I believe combining them may be in the pipline for next year?

Ive only used Hibs TV INT once (for the st mirren game) and that was nigh on perfect (commentary was in gaelic though).

Ive had mixed results with Xtra (Saturdays game was one of the poorer in terms of resolution (they did seem to rectify this 2nd half though)....maybe they reverted to there old tech??

Xtra is run by volunteers - and altho its not always great, mostly there would be no other way to watch us at ER

It can be frustrating, but on the most part, I think its a pretty decent service (that ofcourse, could be made better with investment)

Sorry, but if they are going to use the fact it's run by volunteers as an excuse, then the service should be free as well. It's all very well saying it's volunteers, but 10 quid a match for poor quality, on top of the 7 quid a month for a Hibs TV subscription (which I thought covered all the home games anyway) is just ridiculous.

Hibs need to sort it out and I'm in no way criticising those who give up their own time, but it becomes a waste of time for them if the technology is not up to scratch. I certainly wouldn't be happy doing it knowing that there were a lot of complaints because Hibs themselves will not chip in a few quid to move with the times.

Steve-O
06-05-2014, 07:33 AM
I would kill for a service here like they have with the English Premier League incidentally. For about 75 quid you can buy a season ticket and stream EVERY English game live, or watch on-demand, in HD. I am not sure why the SPFL themselves could not set up such a service.

Also unsure why Hibs cannot just get the feed from the TV cameras that are there at every single league game in order to broadcast to the overseas market?

There are surely more possibilities than the old 1 camera / no replays option which I can't really get into watching (if it works)?

Hibrandenburg
06-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Sorry, but if they are going to use the fact it's run by volunteers as an excuse, then the service should be free as well. It's all very well saying it's volunteers, but 10 quid a match for poor quality, on top of the 7 quid a month for a Hibs TV subscription (which I thought covered all the home games anyway) is just ridiculous.

Hibs need to sort it out and I'm in no way criticising those who give up their own time, but it becomes a waste of time for them if the technology is not up to scratch. I certainly wouldn't be happy doing it knowing that there were a lot of complaints because Hibs themselves will not chip in a few quid to move with the times.

Agree with this. My personal experience has been very hit and miss and would accept that providing there were efforts to compensate any loss made to those who got let down, even an apology would have appeased me somewhat.

As a result I'll not be throwing my money away again and instead I'll just have to rely on dodgy links to get my Hibs fix.

PeeJay
06-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Lack of proper investment seems to be rife throughout our sick club - why anyone expects money to be invested in a TV broadcast service provided for a few overseas fans is beyond me. There are many factors involved in getting a good stream to the end users, I guess. The club only seems prepared to go part of the way to achieving that. Personally I'm happy that it is catering for us ex-pats and that I'm able to see every home game - even on a poor stream (matches team performance :greengrin) - the way to improving things seems obvious to me, but as it's been a long-running affair I'm not expecting any great improvements in the near future, but one lives in hope.

As to customer service, I've always had speedy, polite and helpful responses from the Hibs TV Xtra service (volunteer team) - by contrast, the situation with Hibs TV International has never really been satisfactory on any level for me personally - having said that I've decided to pay my monthly sub for this evening's live broadcast from RC: wonder what will disappoint me the most?

Steve-O
06-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Well I REALLY want to watch the game on Saturday, but I am loathe to pay 10 quid (I can GO to a game in person for less than that here) for a rubbish stream / spending time mucking around trying to get it to work / e-mailing people about the issues etc.

Why on earth is the game not on TV? Does anyone know if there's a chance of it being picked up at this stage? Pretty big game really...

Callum_62
06-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Well I REALLY want to watch the game on Saturday, but I am loathe to pay 10 quid (I can GO to a game in person for less than that here) for a rubbish stream / spending time mucking around trying to get it to work / e-mailing people about the issues etc.

Why on earth is the game not on TV? Does anyone know if there's a chance of it being picked up at this stage? Pretty big game really...

I believe one of teh bottom 6 games will be on TV

Given the score tonight, wouldnt be surprised if its ours

Nutmegged
06-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Hibs vs Kilmarnock will be on live on BT Sports, its not confirmed yet but its a nailed on certainty

PeeJay
07-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Took the plunge and signed up for the Hibs Tv International last night - stream and picture were perfect, pity really .... kept waiting for a commentator to turn up, but like our team he never did

Peevemor
07-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Took the plunge and signed up for the Hibs Tv International last night - stream and picture were perfect, pity really .... kept waiting for a commentator to turn up, but like our team he never did

Sometimes, like last night, there's simply no commentary, sometimes you get the normal tv commentary and sometimes it'll be in gaelic. I can't remember if I've ever had Hibs TV commentators on a live video stream.

PeeJay
07-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Sometimes, like last night, there's simply no commentary, sometimes you get the normal tv commentary and sometimes it'll be in gaelic. I can't remember if I've ever had Hibs TV commentators on a live video stream.

I tried to listen to the audio from Cliff Pike and Boozy, but they were a couple of seconds ahead of the video feed, so had to give up on that ...