PDA

View Full Version : Half time boos

dunfyhibby
03-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Why? Please explain, cos I thought that was ridiculous!
The team put in a lot of effort, definitely should have been leading.
Ok, not saying we were great, but why the **** do fans think that will help us! Take a look at yourselves, FFS
We obviously all love our club, so give credit when credit is due!
There have been loads of occasions this season when booing has been justified cos it's been woeful at times, but that was a shift today!
Cmon the cabbage! :flag:

Well done to the fans who got behind the team!!

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Tbh I thought the boos were very quickly drowned out by applause and support.

...WentToMowAnSPL
03-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Agree I think the fans did really well to applaud at half time I thought it showed people knew what was at stake

SouthMoroccoStu
03-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Ok, not saying we were great, but why the **** do fans think that will help us! Take a look at yourselves, FFS
There have been loads of occasions this season when booing has been justified cos it's been woeful at times, but that was a shift today!

For my money....

The half time boys were directed at

1) The Patrick players who started time wasting from about 10 mins in

And

2) The ref and assistants who did nothing about said time wasting and were totally losing control of the game.

Not directed at the hibs team or effort in my book

dmc1875
03-05-2014, 07:40 PM
I thought the boos were for the ref?

Pray4Marc
03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
People on the east booing when Collins came on as well. Dearly me. Should never boo our own player.

O'Rourke3
03-05-2014, 07:42 PM
For my money....

And

2) The ref and assistants who did nothing about said time wasting and were totally losing control of the game.

This

Ozyhibby
03-05-2014, 07:42 PM
It's about time we had half time booze.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
:dunno:
Thunderous applause from where I was in the East at halftime despite the score. Fans were great today. There's always the odd idiot but we all pulled together today.

Smiggy 7-0
03-05-2014, 07:45 PM
For my money....

And

Not directed at the hibs team or effort in my book Probably correct on both counts...Another useless tosser of a ref.

dunfyhibby
03-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I agree, the boos were drowned out by applause!
If the boos were for the ref or the time wasting, then I take it back!
I just thought the boos were immediately on the whistle therefore directed at the players! Normally boos for the ref are held back until they are about to go up the tunnel!

Anyway, this is a hell of a fight we are in and just want the fans to do our bit!

FWIW, we will be in the Premiership next season! That was a precious point!
Lets get through this season and onwards and upwards! :flag:

03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Thought the vast majority of the support were tremendous today. Can't recall the last time we went in trailing at half time and the support actually gave the team a standing ovation. :clapper: Hopefully the boys will win on Tuesday and that will be the end to this nonsense but regardless lets have more of the same for the Killie match and finish the season of with a degree of positivity. :flag:

SouthamptonHibs
03-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Tin hat on but we deserved the boooo's it's the players fault not ours. FFS stop getting on the fans back all we can do is support

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Tin hat on but we deserved the boooo's it's the players fault not ours. FFS stop getting on the fans back all we can do is support

Utter nonsense

Famous Fiver
03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Southampton

Yer no supporting when you are booing

Vini1875
03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Some boos but I suspect they are the usual suspects and were quickly drowned out by the supporters. I thought the team were well supported by fans who have had precious little to applaud for a long time.

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
:dunno:
Thunderous applause from where I was in the East at halftime despite the score. Fans were great today. There's always the odd idiot but we all pulled together today.

From where I was there was an initial chorus of boos quickly drowned out by a very noisy applause. I think/hope that the initial boos were frustration aimed at the time-wasting partick players and the terrible refereeing. The boos returned again for the ref going in.

hibsfan
03-05-2014, 08:16 PM
I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...

The_Exile
03-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Definition of a supporter:

A person or group that sides with, backs up, assists, or approves of a person, cause, etc., especially in a public arena.

So you're not supporting when you're booing, you're doing the opposite and basically doing the Jambo's job for them, so in a roundabout way.....LTYF's :greengrin

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 08:19 PM
...Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...

You're right amateur doesn't describe them, they get paid.

How can you not be pleased with a late and more than deserved equaliser when we were a man down and when every single goal and point could be crucial? I was absolutely delighted and I was applauding because I was entertained.

Famous Fiver
03-05-2014, 08:20 PM
hibsfan

take a look at yourself. Your eight year old has a better touch than any of the Hibs players?. I smell a YAM. No 33 bus will take you to Gorgie,and pop into Specsavers on the way there.

The_Exile
03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...

The players showed some epic fight in that game, I'm not saying all is rosy and any of us are happy with recent performances, but if you genuinely thought that we were hopeless today then I must have been watching a different game. They got a goal after a bit of a comedy of errors from us, granted, but we should've been about 3 or 4-1 up at half time but for superb goalkeeping and the frame of the goal.

Glory Lurker
03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
You're right amateur doesn't describe them, they get paid.

How can you not be pleased with a late and more than deserved equaliser when we were a man down and when every single goal and point could be crucial? I was absolutely delighted and I was applauding because I was entertained.

Bang on. I think that's one of the most entertaining games at ER this season (02/01 wins the title, natch!). I reckon any neutral that was there would have fair enjoyed it, but I was too busy biting my nails to have that experience!

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Jeezo.

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 08:27 PM

Utter nonsense

happiehibbie
03-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I never heard booing until the ref and his team approached the tunnel.

Have I boo,d yes but the last two weeks have been better, I thought the fans where good today apart from MM and the fan :)

madhatter
03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
From where I was there was an initial chorus of boos quickly drowned out by a very noisy applause. I think/hope that the initial boos were frustration aimed at the time-wasting partick players and the terrible refereeing. The boos returned again for the ref going in.

Time-wasting has been horrific all season - can't remember the last time someone got booked for it at ER... This trend needs to be stamped out of football - some if it, especially by goalkeepers is just not on (we are paying to watch a guy slowly walk to pick up a ball, perhaps dropping it once in "mistake" and then walking slowly, placing the ball down slowly, and then doing hand signals to teammates, then to slowly walk back, hit his boots off the post, doing more hand signals, followed by a few seconds looking around, followed by the kick - step forward MacDonald and Langfield (best in the business)).

The useless ref almost caused a riot with his wrong decision when Watmore got taken out and nothing was given (first time I think I've ever seen a 4th official actually talk to ref and say "that was garbage, it's a freekick"). So glad to see everyone in the stands going mental, everyone on the bench going mental and for once something went for us.

It's exactly how Butcher says in his interview, some part of him thought our goal was going to be disallowed. People can slate him for his management but we're having a serious bout of bad "luck". How many times did we hit the post and the rebound landed at a Partick player?

greenlex
03-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...I suggest a change of username. You boo'd the layers at half time? Seriously?

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I confess to booing at half-time, which is rarity for me. I wasn't booing the effort or performance (which has picked up over the last two games) but venting frustration that we were staring another defeat in the face. Once I realised it was an ineffectual gesture, I stopped, as did many around me, who seemed of the same mindset.

TrinityHibs
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Oh dear. I applauded at the end. We dominated the game. Down to 10 men and got a valuable point. Our destiny remains in our hands. Unlike the Gorgie tramps who are down. I am very pleased that Hertz are down. Just in case you missed that embarrassment is stealing from local businesses, charities and the Earl Haig Fund.

hibsfan
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Oh dear oh dear... Yet again we are burying our heads in the sand are we?!?!

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 08:39 PM

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!

You're entitled to your opinion but seriously, you thought that gutsy display worthy of booing? Thankfully you were very much in the minority

stoneyburn hibs
03-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Not read through the thread so apologies if already said, the half time boo boys must have felt pretty daft as they were drowned out by the applause, betcha some of them ended up booing as they started to clap. Fuds.

Famous Fiver
03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Sorry my friend. You are talking drivel. I have no wish to humiliate your 8 year old but I don't think his touch will be required at County on Tuesday evening. Any You Tube videos handy to prove your point? Coaching courses and qualifications have evidently not done you any good.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
People on the east booing when Collins came on as well. Dearly me. Should never boo our own player.

Watching Too much Big Brother evictions if you ask me...

greenlex
03-05-2014, 08:43 PM

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!:hilarious No you don't!!!

Glory Lurker
03-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Watching Too much Big Brother evictions if you ask me...

:top marks:applause: Burn the witch!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2014, 08:45 PM

So does Calderwood I imagine...

CraigHibee
03-05-2014, 08:48 PM

that was my take on things too

stoneyburn hibs
03-05-2014, 08:51 PM
that was my take on things too

Defo booing for the team as soon as the ref blew for half time. The ref got his boos as he reached the tunnel after the teams.

Scotty-1875
03-05-2014, 08:52 PM

Shocking if true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
03-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Shocking if true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, sadly.

madhatter
03-05-2014, 08:57 PM

Sorry mate, having your SFA and UEFA badges do not mean you know what you are talking about - especially if what you are talking about is booing a team off at half-time. Also, I believed you mentioned "8-year old son had a better touch" - fair enough, if true - however, I would bet, and hope, you wouldn't boo your son's team off at half-time...And that your son doesn't get berated each time he plays.

I know if I was in the same physical shape as these guys I'd be better than what we have, possibly even Thomson. When I was 13 yrs old I got invited down to Man Utd, rejected it and sent letter to Petrie (Hibs) asking for a trial and never got a reply. I am, and was then, two-footed, and can still probably outpace at least 50% of the starting 11. However, having said all this, I don't boo the team, what is the point?

Football will not improve in Scotland until more youths get a chance of trials at our big clubs and booing, abuse and general shouting stops at youth level and up. So, I hope your son doesn't suffer abuse and he has a chance in football. If you don't boo kids, don't boo adults. Thicker skinned and all that but you are setting a poor example. One of the best defenders I've seen at 14-15yr old level played in the same team as Berra from Hearts and gave up football because he got fed up of the boos and general attitude in football - he moved to rugby.

Calum68
03-05-2014, 09:11 PM

I feel inadequate now. I've only got a Scottish Swimmer certificate....

Seriously, if you don't have a coaching badge you don't know what you're talking about?

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 09:14 PM

I honestly really worry for those you are coaching if you can't recognise the efforts of a team that is out of luck showing fight and guts as we enter the final stages of an incessant battle against relegation.

hibsfan
03-05-2014, 09:24 PM
The wallies on here never disappoint!

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 09:26 PM

Very true as you never fail to :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Are you finished yet? :rolleyes:

hibbytam
03-05-2014, 09:37 PM

Given the state of several coaches and managers, presumably with the same qualifications as you, that's not really proof you know what you're on about.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, we've been poor for months, without fight. Today we were comfortably the better team, fighting to the bitter end, with 10 men. There's obvious flaws with the team, but we're stuck with what we have till next season, and that was as good as i've seen them in a while.

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 09:41 PM

nope you've maintained their strong reputation.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Don't worry, your 8 year old might get a game for your team in the championship next season.

madhatter
03-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Who do you refer to? Must be fellow fans that got involved in the booing? If not, then you clearly aren't a supporter: "A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team".

Get off your high-horse and realise that no matter how many badges you may have, you've talked drivel. If you want an example:

Scottish school/youth teams, early coaching is about getting stuck in and running a lot (up and down hills) - teaching kids to play long ball and get stuck in and to generally cheat. Encouraging thugs really - heard parents shout "break his legs" at 9-10yr old games and seen an all out brawl between 2 school teams around 12-13yr olds playing - including a goalkeeper running the entire length of pitch to get involved. This comes from mentalities that condone booing fellow people and not regarding what it would be like if you got booed or got said "broken leg".

Spanish teams, encourage passing and dribbling, thinking about passages of play and not berating players for trying something different. From very young, it doesn't matter about score or result, it is about playing and learning - less about tables and so on...I've seen some Spanish youth games and never seen parents/spectators screaming abuse (red faced due to rage and generally slavering).

This filters up and whether you think it or not, you are maintaining this trend by booing the team you are supposed to be a fan of. You are most likely a fan that boos when Collins came on. This is not supporting, this is not being a fan, and if this is what you view as being acceptable, then I'd hope you aren't using your badges so that you can coach kids...

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 09:45 PM
If you booed the team at halftime today after that 45 minute performance you're an idiot.

Lets move on.

...WentToMowAnSPL
03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
If you booed the team at halftime today after that 45 minute performance you're an idiot.

Lets move on.

I was quite proud of the fans applauding at half time ... **** got real

Iain G
03-05-2014, 10:02 PM

So you are both an experienced and professional, fully qualified Boo-er then? :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Let me guess - you've been places, done things?

If you're for real maybe you need to reassess your relationship with Hibs?

FranckSuzy
03-05-2014, 10:19 PM

Just say no, kids :agree: :crazy:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Pub conversation...

Hibee A "Did you hear the boos at half-time? What was all that about?"
Hibee B "Think it was about the officials, vital to get that point tho' get the beers in..."

[END - Life continues]. ;)

Time For Heroes
03-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Bay Area Hibees you on the sauce?
Think you have pointed the finger at the wrong person. :D

Cropley10
03-05-2014, 11:26 PM

The most ridiculous post I've ever read on here.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Pretty boy
Your part of the problem (IMO)
Same guy probably criticized players that have gone on to do elsewhere.
I'm not suggesting we accept inferior team from the club.
But your solution is not to applaud the players for effort?
Stay at home.

Good one.

weonlywon6-2
04-05-2014, 05:01 AM
For my money....

And

Thats the way i saw it as well.when the ref and his assistants went in the boos rang out

One Day
04-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Not read through the thread so apologies if already said, the half time boo boys must have felt pretty daft as they were drowned out by the applause, betcha some of them ended up booing as they started to clap. Fuds.

To be fair there wasn't much booing and what there was was quickly drowned out with applause

macca70
04-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Probably correct on both counts...Another useless tosser of a ref.

Eh, what did the ref do wrong in the 1st half or in the whole game?

I thought the ref had a decent game.

Iggy Pope
04-05-2014, 08:23 PM

The SFA and UEFA produce a licence to coach in booing? And you got both? Your 8 year old must be so proud.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-05-2014, 08:23 PM
12528If only we had more threads like this then perhaps we could Hoover up more wind-up merchants and yams... A kind of vitual fly zapper

Saorsa
04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...:blah:

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!:blah:

The wallies on here never disappoint!:blah:

http://www.sewing4dummies.com/images/boo.gif

basehibby
05-05-2014, 08:53 AM
It's sad but true that over the last 5 years or so we have been subjected to so much disappointment and false dawns that some in the support seem to have just got into the habit of BOOing - this IS a relatively new thing. Even back in the direst days under Alex Miller (and he did have some dire runs) and the relegation season under Jim Duffy, booing was rarely heard from the Hibs support. That was not because the fans were all sweetness and light - it just didn't occur to most folk as they were there to SUPPORT the team.

Without wanting to censor folk from expressing their opinions I agree that the BOOing at HT was an act of utter stupidity from some - even if it was supposed to be aimed at the ref (and I don't agree that it was - otherwise they'd have waited until the ref was about to leave the pitch) the HT booing was still jumped upon by the press and would only have acted as an extra spur to our opposition and was in any case totally unjustified.

People are entitled to their opinions as they pay their money - my opinion is that spineless idiots like that should shut the **** up or go home.

Northernhibee
05-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Maybe we should install ER with ejector seats and leave control of who gets launched to Malpas?

Russ
05-05-2014, 11:44 AM

Never heard any boos at HT but the pricks who booed Collins when he came on are a disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves. Are you really that stupid? Other than those pricks and the ppl giving Nelson stick for being sent off after McGivern put him in the **** I thought the support was magnificent. Pity the so called fans who stayed away in the clubs hour of need couldn't turn out to support the team.

mmmmhibby
05-05-2014, 11:56 AM

If it makes you feel better, only a small percentage of hibs supporters opinions are shared on this site.

Keith_M
05-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Never mind half-time, we really should start selling booze before the game at ER, so everybody can cope.

madhatter
05-05-2014, 12:20 PM
If it makes you feel better, only a small percentage of hibs supporters opinions are shared on this site.

We need to collectively stop all this negativity. Let everyone else be negative about our club, we need to be stronger as fans, stronger as a team, stronger as a collective and lastly, be part of a stronger club.

All this negative stuff - booing players at HT after hitting post twice and 1 wonder save; booing a player who takes one for the team (Nelson) and a player who always tries his best (Collins), talking about PF vs. TB and getting stuck into Malpas for his antics. All of the before, whilst possibly making an interesting debate is worthless and makes us look like a laughingstock. We should support the players as much as we can, shouldn't boo our own, shouldn't compare current manager against previous on unfair grounds, and shouldn't care about what Malpas does (antics) because I prefer that to having a statue in the dugout.

Maybe it is just me but the amount of negativity on this forum makes me think there are Jambos in disguise or something. If that isn't the case, how about we all try to breed positivity rather than negativity for once??

Russ
05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
We need to collectively stop all this negativity. Let everyone else be negative about our club, we need to be stronger as fans, stronger as a team, stronger as a collective and lastly, be part of a stronger club.

All this negative stuff - booing players at HT after hitting post twice and 1 wonder save; booing a player who takes one for the team (Nelson) and a player who always tries his best (Collins), talking about PF vs. TB and getting stuck into Malpas for his antics. All of the before, whilst possibly making an interesting debate is worthless and makes us look like a laughingstock. We should support the players as much as we can, shouldn't boo our own, shouldn't compare current manager against previous on unfair grounds, and shouldn't care about what Malpas does (antics) because I prefer that to having a statue in the dugout.

Maybe it is just me but the amount of negativity on this forum makes me think there are Jambos in disguise or something. If that isn't the case, how about we all try to breed positivity rather than negativity for once??

Good to see there are still a decent number of REAL Hibernian supporters on here talking common sense. I think you are right about the jambos comment.

I also happen to think it is the stay away fans who are the most negative posters. I know dozens of so called Hibbys who tell me we should get rid of Petrie etc and haven't been to a game in years, other than cup finals that is.

Posters on here openly gloating about the fact they are not going to the games makes a supporter NOT, in ma eyes anyway, don't know what goes thru their head though.