PDA

View Full Version : The fans today

Cameron1875
03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Tremendous. Apart from a few idiots booing and giving Craig a bit of grief at FT, on the whole I thought we were great.

Not heard the place rocking like that at the start since the Hearts New Year derby. An early goal for Hibs and the place would have erupted.
I can't make tues night but hopefully we can sell our allocation for Dingwall.

GGTTH :flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Without wishing to put a downer on your thread, you're joking are you not? It was embarassing, the place was deserted. I effed off at ht cos the atmosphere in the WSL towards the FF stand was poisonous. It doesnae normally bother me, but, the f off Hibs shouts started in row R after about 30 secs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Guys wi bairns getting asked outside for requesting the 50 year old baseball cap wearers to calm down a bit, not for me ta.

HappyAsHellas
03-05-2014, 07:07 PM
I was in section 38 and the atmosphere was excellent at the start, then somewhat subdued after they scored. Some muppets started booing at half time but were quickly drowned out by applause and people telling them off. In general terms given recent results I was quite pleased with the fans and hope to be among them again on Tuesday night.

ronaldo7
03-05-2014, 07:07 PM
The guy beside me commented on how positive the fans were today after the first 10 minutes. I'd have to agree with him too. We sit in the East and I thought the fans were tremendous today.:tbgwa:

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Fans around me were great today, was busier in my section than usual as well.

Thought the reaction after they scored and again at HT was superb.

givescotlandfreedom
03-05-2014, 07:11 PM
I thought the crowd was good today and largely backed the team well despite trailing for most of the match.

Scottie
03-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Guys wi bairns getting asked outside for requesting the 50 year old baseball cap wearers to calm down a bit, not for me ta.
:agree: Embarrassment

Glory Lurker
03-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Boy vaguely near me who spent 88 minutes telling all of our players how "******* *****" they were was quiet as a mouse for the last few minutes :rolleyes: I mean, man, why even bother coming if you're going to be like that?

AlbertK86
03-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Thought the whole of the East were really positive today... even when we went behind.

Backed the team right til the end

Wheat Hound
03-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Crowd around me in the east sec 41/42 were largely positive and vocal; folk willing their team on as it should be.

Glory Lurker
03-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Maybe if we'd been as positive last week we could have lifted the team more? :offski:

hibIBZ
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Was in the east and felt it was a largely positive atmosphere. Usual moans and groans if something went against us or players made a mistake. Any booboys were quickly drowned out

Nakedmanoncrack
03-05-2014, 07:33 PM
No atmosphere at all, crowd at least didn't get on the player's backs though.

cleanyman
03-05-2014, 07:34 PM
The atmosphere was....okay.

We were up for it during the first ten then it pretty much died.

IWasThere2016
03-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I was in the East seat U80 and fans were great.

Bishop Hibee
03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I thought the atmosphere was really positive with folk getting rigjht behind the team.

Special mention to the 83 year old guy from Clydebank sitting behind us who was attending his first Hibs game in 25 years to back the team. Chatting about the FF, Joe Baker ec reminded me why Hibs are the greatest team in the world with the greatest fans in the world.

edwards
03-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Was in the famous five and thought the crowd was reasonable after yet another derby defeat luck appears to have deserted us and even their goal was first saved by Williams to rebound back of the forwards and trickle into the net. Even started singing in the famous five, all credit to Thistle brought a reasonable crowd with them.
Peter Cormack sittin behind me looked none to pleased such a prolific scorer must be thinking WTF, but managed to come away with something. :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Atmosphere was good. The odd fanny screaming, shouting and booing if a player made a mistake. Apart from that, well done Hibs fans!

Golden Bear
03-05-2014, 08:33 PM
I've been posted missing for most of the season but it's nitty gritty time and it's now almost a duty to get behind the team as the thought of relegation is too horrific to contemplate.

oramhibee
03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I think the best atmosphere was before Partick scored then after we scored. Heard a lot of fans clapping and chanting GAWA, not just in the East Stand

madhatter
03-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Good atmosphere. One of the best celebrations after getting a well-deserved equaliser I can remember for a long time. Also, best reaction to going a goal down - a murmur of boos drowned out by geeing up and general motivational shouts.

AndySOL1875
03-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I thought the atmosphere was very encouraging and positive today, there's always the odd neanderthal dragging their knuckles about. The majority know it's ridiculous that a club like Hibs are in this position but realize that it is absolutely imperative that they get behind the team at the time when they most need it. Let's keep it like that for this final push and re-build over summer. Our fans are great :agree:

Stevie Reid
04-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Thought the crowd was good, especially at some key points, such as the response to going a goal down early on, and a raft of positive noises after the initial boos when Nelson let Taylor close him down in the 2nd half.

hibbysam
04-05-2014, 08:23 AM
The booing of James Collins when he came onto the pitch from the east was a joke! What would these people then do if he scores? Idiots and not the reaction that is going to give the lad any confidence at all!

Lucius Apuleius
04-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Thought it was pretty good u til about half way through the second half. Guy sits next to me with his 5/6 year old kid and I cannot fathom him out at all. Most games they disappear at half time. Same yesterday then returned about a minute begore we scored. Weird I thought.

500miles
04-05-2014, 08:40 AM
I think opposition often talk about turning the crowd at ER against the team as a tactic, and I thought yesterday showed why.

Purehibee_MYB
04-05-2014, 08:59 AM
The booing of James Collins when he came onto the pitch from the east was a joke! What would these people then do if he scores? Idiots and not the reaction that is going to give the lad any confidence at all!

I thought that, but then there was a reaction from everyone else to cheer him on which drowned out the boos. Good positive atmosphere today, better than it has been for a while now and I think it's down to the fact we were actually creating chances

calumhibee1
04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Had a guy behind me shout on 4 or 5 occasions "Come on Hibs, get your heads up.. Ya spineless *******s!" Bizarre.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Had a guy behind me shout on 4 or 5 occasions "Come on Hibs, get your heads up.. Ya spineless *******s!" Bizarre.

Probably a stayaway fan who got a free ticket given to him because his pal went to the St Mirren game. Moaning faced erse.

number 27
04-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I think opposition often talk about turning the crowd at ER against the team as a tactic, and I thought yesterday showed why.

Unfortunately I have to mix with fans of all clubs including Hearts and old firm but I have never come across anyone who puts Hibs fans down as much as you do.

The fans, once again, were very good under the circumstances especially since we lost yet another early goal in a big match.

Tyler Durden
04-05-2014, 09:49 AM

Yeah if it wasn't for these Hibs fans being turned we'd be sitting pretty in the top 4. All the fans fault, how dare they show any frustration after seeing 8 or 9 home wins in about 18 months. Holding the club back paying to support them every week

Saorsa
04-05-2014, 09:54 AM
The guy beside me commented on how positive the fans were today after the first 10 minutes. I'd have to agree with him too. We sit in the East and I thought the fans were tremendous today.:tbgwa:Quite positive where I was too :agree:

Cameron1875
04-05-2014, 10:06 AM

That post genuinely makes me quite angry.

I thought the first 30 mins of the game absolutely shattered that theory. Partick Thistle were desperate for us to turn on the lads but we could have been 3 or 4 up by half time.

SouthamptonHibs
04-05-2014, 10:09 AM
As always 10/10 Hibs fans are quality, nothing more, nothing less hail HAIL

we are hibs
04-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Thought the fans got behind the team. Even after Partick scored there was a roar from the hibs end to try and lift the hibs players heads and get back into the game. More of the same on Sunday. Let's back the players over the line!! GGTTH :tbgwa:

R11Loaded
04-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Think the boy infront of me way up the back in sect43 who repeatedly shouted down the fans who were getting a little bit abusive towards our own players deserves plaudits fur being so positive!

We did hear a lot of abuse from fans up there but just look at the full time whistle when the boys were sang off the park. That's not happened in long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teo10
04-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Think the boy infront of me way up the back in sect43 who repeatedly shouted down the fans who were getting a little bit abusive towards our own players deserves plaudits fur being so positive!

We did hear a lot of abuse from fans up there but just look at the full time whistle when the boys were sang off the park. That's not happened in long enough.

I was doing a lot of that yesterday up in sect43. This is the time when the team needs out support the most, not for idiots to be going off their head at the players. At one point someone behind me shouted "**** off Butcher" about 5 minutes before we scored so I started to join in with shouts of "**** off Tam McCourt utility man" and any other random person I could think of. It is not as if it's Butchers fault we hit the post a couple times and their keeper kept pulling off decent saves from our efforts....

Was beyond happy when we scored because it shut all of them up!

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately I have to mix with fans of all clubs including Hearts and old firm but I have never come across anyone who puts Hibs fans down as much as you do.

The fans, once again, were very good under the circumstances especially since we lost yet another early goal in a big match.

You are right. The fans loyalty is being tested to the full . The team is poor and frustrating as it is to be struggling against equally poor outfits like Partick, I thought the crowd tried their best to lift the players yesterday and it paid off with the equaliser.

NAE NOOKIE
04-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Thought the crowd in the FF were a lot more positive than for a while. Probably coz from there it was plain to see how sponny the Partick goal was.

I was delighted when the few numpties who started to boo at half time were instantly drowned out by the rest of the crowd applauding the team. I'm sure the players really appreciated it.

R11Loaded
04-05-2014, 06:34 PM
I was doing a lot of that yesterday up in sect43. This is the time when the team needs out support the most, not for idiots to be going off their head at the players. At one point someone behind me shouted "**** off Butcher" about 5 minutes before we scored so I started to join in with shouts of "**** off Tam McCourt utility man" and any other random person I could think of. It is not as if it's Butchers fault we hit the post a couple times and their keeper kept pulling off decent saves from our efforts....

If it helps I was the guy who shouted "let Nelson take it" when Stanton was lining up his first half free kick. Light hearted comic relief.

leggeto
04-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I thought the atmosphere was really positive with folk getting rigjht behind the team.

Special mention to the 83 year old guy from Clydebank sitting behind us who was attending his first Hibs game in 25 years to back the team. Chatting about the FF, Joe Baker ec reminded me why Hibs are the greatest team in the world with the greatest fans in the world.

Nice,I love talking to old bloke's about the hibs too,my dad said if only jock Stein had stayed with us,the crowd was mostly positive in the east imo

Cameron1875
04-05-2014, 08:36 PM

I remember hearing that, very good :greengrin.

I'm usually a moaner at the games but theres no point shouting at the players now, we know they are mostly $***e but they're all we've got. Might as well see them through till the summer then we can start moaning again!

frazeHFC
04-05-2014, 08:44 PM
The atmosphere at the start and after we equalised was class. Loud and spreading around the whole ground. The TBGAWA was amazing. In between the 2 goals it was pretty poor.

Casper
04-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Without wishing to put a downer on your thread, you're joking are you not? It was embarassing, the place was deserted. I effed off at ht cos the atmosphere in the WSL towards the FF stand was poisonous. It doesnae normally bother me, but, the f off Hibs shouts started in row R after about 30 secs.

Agree with you. I'm in the FF and had alot of idiots beside me shouting abuse from the start.

The Pointer
05-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I was in the north end of the East and it was all very positive, albeit not many singers due to it being a bit happy family (bored bairns banging seats). As others have said, I think the half time booing which was probably aimed at the ref, morphed into applause. Was also surprised to read there were over 10,000 as it looked less than that.

Thought the Thistle support was excellent, but I've always had a soft spot for them, not being Neanderthal OF knuckle-draggers.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2014, 06:15 PM
If it helps I was the guy who shouted "let Nelson take it" when Stanton was lining up his first half free kick. Light hearted comic relief.

We met him outside the ground. Lovely guy who said "it's changed a bit since I was here last" :greengrin

Nice,I love talking to old bloke's about the hibs too,my dad said if only jock Stein had stayed with us,the crowd was mostly positive in the east imo

You should sit next to me then :greengrin

basehibby
05-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I've written enough words giving pelters to the boo boys - who were not entirely absent on Sat. But the OP's right - that was the best atmosphere I've experienced at ER for a game against the likes of Thistle for a long long time (no offence to them but the Hibs support always get themselves up for bigger games such as the derby).

I wish it could be like that for all of these games - but that's the way it's always been. If the team's doing half decent there's usually a complacency in the crowd about these sort of games. The cards really have to be on the table to bring out the best in us for these games which is frustrating - surely every point is a prisoner in a league campaign and a home tie against Partick in August should be just as hotly contested as one in May. But that's the way it is - human nature I suppose - as proven on Saturday though, when the chips are down, the Hibees crowd will never lack for passion and will push the team over the line by sheer will power if such a thing is possible.