PDA

View Full Version : Thistle Fans

GreenCastle
03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Credit to the away end today - travelled in good numbers and added to the atmosphere.

Always liked Thistle fans as they could easily follow either of the old firm.

Shame some other teams don't bring as many as many fans - some away supports have been shocking this season.

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Anyone from Glasgow who doesn't support Celtic or that new team is ok in my book.

Thought they added to what was a good atmosphere today.

emerald green
03-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Credit to the away end today - travelled in good numbers and added to the atmosphere.

Shame some other teams don't bring as many as many fans - some away supports have been shocking this season.

:agree: Nobody can accuse their fans of being glory hunters. That's another reason I despise people from Edinburgh (and elsewhere) who don't support their local clubs but travel to Glasgow to support Celtic and The Rangers. Some don't even travel. They just say they support Celtic/The Rangers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Fair play Thistle !

lucky
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Decent support but they were very quiet

Hibs Class
03-05-2014, 06:45 PM

:agree:

greenlex
03-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Weegie Bawbags.

FranckSuzy
03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Decent support but they were very quiet

Have to disagree as I thought they were pretty lively :greengrin

DH1875
04-05-2014, 12:00 AM
:agree: Nobody can accuse their fans of being glory hunters. That's another reason I despise people from Edinburgh (and elsewhere) who don't support their local clubs but travel to Glasgow to support Celtic and The Rangers. Some don't even travel. They just say they support Celtic/The Rangers.

Weegie Bawbags.

Erm...........What about all them glory hunters from the west who support Hibs?

EdinMike
04-05-2014, 01:08 AM
I shook hands with a guy on ER and said 'They brought a good crowd' to which he said..

'Aye yir naw the firs' the say that' in weegee of course :greengrin

emerald green
04-05-2014, 10:39 AM

Have Hibs got a big support "from the west"? By the west, do you mean Glasgow? There are some Hibs fans in that part of the world, but I would have thought they were fairly few, and certainly nowhere near the busloads who travel through to support Celtic & The Rangers from Edinburgh. Also, the term glory hunter is usually aimed at people who "support" clubs win things on a regular basis - Old Firm, Man Utd, Chelsea etc. Hibs, unfortunately, don't come into that category. I would not describe fans from the west who support Hibs as glory hunters mate.

DH1875
04-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Have Hibs got a big support "from the west"? By the west, do you mean Glasgow? There are some Hibs fans in that part of the world, but I would have thought they were fairly few, and certainly nowhere near the busloads who travel through to support Celtic & The Rangers from Edinburgh. Also, the term glory hunter is usually aimed at people who "support" clubs win things on a regular basis - Old Firm, Man Utd, Chelsea etc. Hibs, unfortunately, don't come into that category. I would not describe fans from the west who support Hibs as glory hunters mate.

I know. I was joking about them being glory hunters. There's a good few hibees out west. Obv not as many as the old firm have in the east but a decent enough amount. Ayrshire has loads for some reason lol.

emerald green
04-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I know. I was joking about them being glory hunters. There's a good few hibees out west. Obv not as many as the old firm have in the east but a decent enough amount. Ayrshire has loads for some reason lol.

OK mate, I have had a sense of humour bypass! :wink:

ekhibee
04-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I stay in the west although I originally come from Edinburgh. Been a season ticket holder at Hibs for about 27 years now and wouldn't support any other team ever. Thistle are a well run team these days, a community club really who get the fans involved. They'll never have the resources to compete with Rangers or Celtic, but they're a proud club who have a good history of their own in footballing terms. Don't think any of them will be too chuffed with Paul Hartley's comments on the BBC website though: "We are the only derby in the top flight next season, which is important for Scottish football," That's a bit cheeky IMO.

emerald green
04-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I stay in the west although I originally come from Edinburgh. Been a season ticket holder at Hibs for about 27 years now and wouldn't support any other team ever. Thistle are a well run team these days, a community club really who get the fans involved. They'll never have the resources to compete with Rangers or Celtic, but they're a proud club who have a good history of their own in footballing terms. Don't think any of them will be too chuffed with Paul Hartley's comments on the BBC website though: "We are the only derby in the top flight next season, which is important for Scottish football," That's a bit cheeky IMO.

I've got lots of admiration and respect for people who support clubs like Partick Thistle when it would be so much easier to support you know who.

ALF TUPPER
04-05-2014, 02:44 PM

Mon the Weege ! :na na:

:bye: