PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Partick

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Really impressed with that first half performance in particular, and the fans were superb at getting behind the team when all looked lost. Fantastic team spirit and effort.

Williams 5 looked indecisive.

Stevenson 6 the usual commitment.
McGivern 4 looks worse in the middle than on the left, which is saying something.
Nelson 4 Played well first half, and then got torn to shreds by HigginB and Taylor second half and started spraying daft passes about. Both fouls that led to the red card stopped a likely goal, so dont want to be too hard on him.
Maybury 8 excellent display, kept HigginB quiet and some good deliveries. My controversial MOTM.

Thomson 7 will be a loss on Tuesday. Looked a bad injury.
Robertson 6 was baffled by the MOTM award to be honest. Decent effort but Seemed to lose a lot of 50/50s.

Harris 7 some intelligent passing, surprised he was subbed.
Stanton 6 one of his least effective games for a while, but what a vital goal
Craig 7 played like The Liam Craig from earlier in the season. Saw loads of the ball, good deliveries and generally played like he hasn't for ages.

Cumming 6 Started well but lost confidence after a terrible bit of decision making on the breakaway. Wish he wouldn't drop so deep.

Subs
Watmore excellent. Please give him 90 minutes Terry!
Collins the usual huffing and puffing
Handling A good contribution late on

Fans 10/10 outstanding. Proud to be a part of it today:flag:
Ref: Awful.

GreenCastle
03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Williams - 7 - made a big save 1st half which could have meant 2v0. Decent save for goal but very unfortunate rebound went in off player.

Maybury -6 - for a guy who retired pretty much at end of last season he did ok against Kallum Higginbotham - not the long term answer but at least an honest performance.

Nelson - 3 - hoof - hoof - hoof - give the ball away - red card - Another player that has got worse / found out - We need 2 CB's next year to compete alongside Hanlon.

McGivern - 4 - not his best game - often gave ball away easily.

Stevenson - 6.5 - usual Lewis - not a left back but did a job for the team.

KT - 7.5 - our best passer - missed him when he went off

Robertson - 7.5 - not sure why he was subbed? But put in a shift and put decent players around him next season and he will do well.

Harris - 5 - confidence lacking - needs to move into better spaces where he can run at players.

Craig - 6 - looked solid at 10 mins CB - had some decent passes but often drifted in and out too much - 1 good shot and save early.

Stanton - 6 - struggled with 1st touch in first half - what is his best position?! When he went into CM wasn't as involved but scored vital goal.

Cummings - 6.5 - worked hard - once he got service to his feet looked better - he's not a target player so stop hoofing him the ball!

Subs..

Collins - 3 - couple good flick on's but still not good enough to score a decent amount of goals for us. Did flick on for goal though.
Handling - 3 - not much time
Watmore-4-lepike Harris seems confidence lacking and needs to get himself into better spaces. Think he should start before Harris next game though.

We played much better 1st half and how we didn't score?!!

2nd half didn't create much - but should character to keep going even with 10 players.

We seriously need some new players come summer - some defenders - creative midfielder and a consistent goalscorer!

Thought before the game we would get 3 points and we would have if played like we did 1st half thought 90 mins - 1st half we passed it - 2nd half it was old hoofball. 1 point is better than 0 but a win in the last 2 is still needed!

SaulGoodman
03-05-2014, 04:51 PM
You forgot about Watmore, that's 3 games in a row we've looked better when he was on

Brightside
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
I think Watmore most have had rickets when he was younger.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I think Watmore most have had rickets when he was younger.

Eh?

Brightside
03-05-2014, 04:57 PM
He runs like there is something wrong with his legs. The weirdest "gait" I've ever seen in a footballer.

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Willams 6 bit hesistant coming off his line but a huge save or it could have been game over.

Maybury 7 played well, couple of great deliveries

Nelson 3 No words needed

McGivern 5 Some good but should have won the ball in the build up to the goal and a suicide pass for the sending off

Stevenson 7 Usual dependable self.

Harris 4 Short on confidence. Still looks scared.

Thomson 6 Passed the ball well and battled

Robertson 6 Done ok, needs games.

Craig 6 Best he has played in weeks.

Stanton 5 Thought he was poor by his standards but scored.

Cummings 5 Big ask on his own. Worked hard but needs a goal.

Collins 4 Really tries, good assist.

Handling No time.

Watmore 4 Frustrating but plugged away.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Willams 6 bit hesistant coming off his line but a huge save or it could have been game over.

Maybury 7 played well, couple of great deliveries

Nelson 3 No words needed

McGivern 5 Some good but should have won the ball in the build up to the goal and a suicide pass for the sending off

Stevenson 7 Usual dependable self.

Harris 4 Short on confidence. Still looks scared.

Thomson 6 Passed the ball well and battled

Robertson 6 Done ok, needs games.

Craig 6 Best he has played in weeks.

Stanton 5 Thought he was poor by his standards but scored.

Cummings 5 Big ask on his own. Worked hard but needs a goal.

Collins 4 Really tries, good assist.

Handling No time.

Watmore 4 Frustrating but plugged away.

I'm hearing this a lot from folk round me, that Harris is 'scared' or even 'shi'iting it' out of tackles,but I just don't see it. He made a couple of decisions not to go for balls that were probably unwinnable, cue grumbles from the stands. Thought he was good today.

dmc1875
03-05-2014, 05:05 PM
It seems Nelson is once again the scapegoat? Yet McGivern was more culpable at the goal and caused the sending off?

Williams 6- Nothing really to do and made one good save

Maybury 6- Nothing really of note either way

Nelson 5- Caused them all sorts of problems at the other end, unlucky not to score

McGivern 4- Liability with the goal and caused the sending off. One minute shows great touch and composure, then...

Stevenson 5- Worked hard

Robertson 6- Ok

Thomson 7- Best player on the park until he went off

craig 5- Went up one for his performance at Centre back!

Harris 5- Poor, ducks out of every challenge.

Stanton 5- Poor game by his standards although did well for the goal

Cummings 5- Worked hard but completely bullied

Subs:

Handling 2- Unfit?
Collins 4- Tried hard
Watmore 4- Looked dangerous but caught in possession a couple of times

Special mention for Gallacher for Thistle who had a great game

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm hearing this a lot from folk round me, that Harris is 'scared' or even 'shi'iting it' out of tackles,but I just don't see it. He made a couple of decisions not to go for balls that were probably unwinnable, cue grumbles from the stands. Thought he was good today.

When he 1st came into the side I remeber him wanting to always beat the man he was up against. He seems really hesistant to try and have a run with the ball, always looking to offload it or cut inside. Of course that could be on instruction.

I didn't mean he was scared of challenges, more scared to be direct and have a go.

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 05:21 PM

:agree: I'm the same today. He is starting to pick up his game but some people just have a reflex in shouting him down for being scared. Though he was good today.

hibee_girl
03-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Williams 6 - he's still too hesitant for me but he did keep us in it today

Maybury 7 - solid, our best defender
Nelson 1 - horrendous
McGivern 5 - at fault for the goal but otherwise thought he defended well, his passing however wasn't so great
Stevenson 6 - did well, too cautious about making runs up the pitch but I guess that's cos he knows no one will cover for him!

Harris 5 - did ok, needs to be stronger
Thomson 7 - was running the show again, we badly missed him when he went off
Robertson 6 - did well but don't think he deserved MOM
Stanton 6 - took his goal well
Craig 4 - not as bad as usual but he thinks that standing still and waiting for the ball is acceptable :grr:

Cummings 6 - put in a great shift, his goal is coming soon!

Subs:

Collins 4 - did well when he came on and set up the goal
Watmore 3 - did alright, not amazing.
Handling 2 - did ok

Cropley10
03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Williams 6 - he's still too hesitant for me but he did keep us in it today

Maybury 7 - solid, our best defender
Nelson 1 - horrendous
McGivern 5 - at fault for the goal but otherwise thought he defended well, his passing however wasn't so great
Stevenson 6 - did well, too cautious about making runs up the pitch but I guess that's cos he knows no one will cover for him!

Harris 5 - did ok, needs to be stronger
Thomson 7 - was running the show again, we badly missed him when he went off
Robertson 6 - did well but don't think he deserved MOM
Stanton 6 - took his goal well
Craig 4 - not as bad as usual but he thinks that standing still and waiting for the ball is acceptable :grr:

Cummings 6 - put in a great shift, his goal is coming soon!

Subs:

Collins 4 - did well when he came on and set up the goal
Watmore 3 - did alright, not amazing.
Handling 2 - did ok

When you say did well - what are you referring to exactly that he did (other than run around)?

Are you suggesting that the he meant to bounce the ball off the top of his head to create a 50:50 for Stanton?

hibee_girl
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
When you say did well - what are you referring to exactly that he did (other than run around)?

Are you suggesting that the he meant to bounce the ball off the top of his head to create a 50:50 for Stanton?

He got stuck in, made it difficult for their defenders, won the ball (on the deck of course, he jumps about 3 hours too early for headers) :greengrin

bingo70
03-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I think cummings looks so far out his depth its unreal.

Might come good one day but it wont be with us playing the way we do so id have him nowhere near the first team just now.

Realise ill get slated for this post

StarMan10
03-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Might come good one day but it wont be with us playing the way we do so id have him nowhere near the first team just now.

Would say your abit off but everyone's entitled to their opinion. He is, no doubt still very raw and playing upfront on his own is a thankless task. It is refreshing to have a striker who's first thought is to try in score, can't be said about a couple of the others at present.

As for Harris I thought he was improved today. Couple decent bits of play, onwards and upwards for him. Pre-season should do him good aswell

GreenCastle
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Would say your abit off but everyone's entitled to their opinion. He is, no doubt still very raw and playing upfront on his own is a thankless task. It is refreshing to have a striker who's first thought is to try in score, can't be said about a couple of the others at present.

As for Harris I thought he was improved today. Couple decent bits of play, onwards and upwards for him. Pre-season should do him good aswell

:aok: Agreed

lucky
03-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Surprised at the marks Nelson is getting.

Williams 6 slow of line did make a couple of good blocks

Maybury 7 played out MoTM
Nelson 6 won lots of headers but passing is poor
McGirven 3 his positional play is awful as is his passing. Caused the goal and left Nelson exposed at the sending off
Stevenson 6 good solid display

Harris 4 frustrating that he can't get into games
KT 6 best player on the pitch
Robbo 5 getting back to his best
Craig 6 one of his better displays
Stanton 5 flirted in and out of the game but good goal

Cummings 4 poor first touch but does try

Collins 3 tries just not good enough
Handling 1 never got into game
Watmore 3 few nice runs but to no avail

TB 5 for getting trying till the end but 1 upfront is a joke at home

sleeping giant
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Williams 5

Stevenson 6
McGivern 6
Nelson 5
Maybury 7

Thomson 7
Robertson 7

Harris 5
Stanton 6
Craig 6

Cumming 5

Subs
Watmore 4
Collins 3
Handling 3

500miles
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Not impressed with the hard time Nelson is getting. Both cards he recieved were worth it in the final analysis, as they were nearly certain goals otherwise. He was really unfortunate not to be on the scoresheet, and was done by McGivern's loose pass for his sending off. His distribution was poor, but anything that got played on top of him went straight back. People booing him off were out of order.

We held too high a line in the first half, although it helped us heap pressure on their midfield, our defence doesn't have the pace for that and the management should have realised that.

McGivern was hot and cold today. He has ability, he showed it last season when he was widely regarded as superior to Hanlon, but his confidence is shattered. Hopefully Terry can get his mindset corrected in the closed season.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Not impressed with the hard time Nelson is getting. Both cards he recieved were worth it in the final analysis, as they were nearly certain goals otherwise. He was really unfortunate not to be on the scoresheet, and was done by McGivern's loose pass for his sending off. His distribution was poor, but anything that got played on top of him went straight back. People booing him off were out of order.

We held too high a line in the first half, although it helped us heap pressure on their midfield, our defence doesn't have the pace for that and the management should have realised that.

McGivern was hot and cold today. He has ability, he showed it last season when he was widely regarded as superior to Hanlon, but his confidence is shattered. Hopefully Terry can get his mindset corrected in the closed season.

:agree: totally agree about the cards, Nelson definitely took one for the team. Better players than Nelson will struggle against Lyle Taylor and Higginbotham one on one.

down-the-slope
03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Enjoyed todays game - good away support - 2 teams both looking to win and more attacking play and composure from us (mostly first half) than for a while. Plenty grit and team spirit on display.

The fact players were applauded off at HT even although 0-1 down says a lot about how they did

Williams 5 not much to do but a couple of good claims mixed with grasps at thin air

Stevenson 6 best attacking option most of second half
McGivern 5 better than recent but still throws in howlers like the 'pass' that PT intercepted and led to Nelson's second yellow.
Nelson 5 does well in the air at both ends and only a wonder save denied him a goal - but lack of pace and distribution make him a liability
Maybury 7 very glad he was at RB today as Higgingbottom was very dangerous and AM used experience where others might have been bullied by his aggressive play.

Thomson 7 Less effective than last week but still an influence and some good direct defence splitting passes that could / should have lead to goal / goals shame he was about injury
Robertson 6 some good driving runs first half. gives his all and in early part of second half was only midfielder trying to press - ran out of steam not surprising as 2nd match back
Harris 5 still working his way back but not enough of an influence on the game and although flashes some slack play. His lost header lead to goal
Stanton 5 was he playing in slippers? slipped over 6 times and still no change of boots :rolleyes: not near his best and looked knacked mid second half and would have been 4 bar goal
Craig 7 decent shift and created some good chance he also gives the FB some cover at well

Cummings 6 good hold up and link up play although forward 3 still not close enough to him to profit - looked so eager to score that he took wrong option a couple of times when better options - still best we have up front in lone role by some way
Subs
Watmore 5 great mazy runs and good link up mixed with some poor defending (running along side attacker admiring him is not defending)
Collins 3 cant fault his trying but it painfully fails to be effective most of the time
Handling 5 gave us energy and legs when others were out on their feet

'Fans' abusing management and then taking offence when we score and they give it back.......have a word with yourselves...:rolleyes:

Fortunately they are not representative of the majority who stuck with the team as they could see they were giving everything they had

Credit to Partick who came to play and are a good addition to SPFL with an excellent support

Cropley10
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
He got stuck in, made it difficult for their defenders, won the ball (on the deck of course, he jumps about 3 hours too early for headers) :greengrin

Ha ha that made me smile. He could time them better aye!

Billy Whizz
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Thought Maybury had a good game, in my opinion our best player today. Some decent defending and put a few great crosses into the box in the 2nd half. Can he play 3 games in 8 days though

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Williams ... 6 ........ Unlucky at their goal didn't have many saves to make.

Maybury ..... 6 ..... solid enough and had a decent game.

Nelson ..... 4 ..... the usual stuff from him, but his first booking was a 'good' foul and McGivern caused his second booking.

McGivern .... 5 .... tried to get forward, but some poor passing and a shocker leading to Nelson's red card.

Stevenson .... 6 ..... put some decent balls into the box, if he had pace he would be a real threat.

Craig ..... 5 ..... better than of late, but still not effective enough.

Robertson .... 5 ..... did OK and tried hard, but will be better when fully match fit.

Thomson ..... 6 ..... Continued where he left off from the last game .... such a shame he got injured.

Stanton ..... 5 ..... drifted out the game too much ..... but what an important goal that could turn out to be.

Harris ..... 5 ..... tried to get involved, but had little impact.

Cummins ..... 5 ..... unless he makes a chance for himself how is he to score? No through balls to run on to, few crosses to attack.

SUBS:

Collins .... 4 ..... cant fault his workrate and won flick on for Stanton's goal

Watmore .... 4 ... always tries to make something happen ... bit unlucky with the break of the ball a few times.

Handling... 3 ... not enough time to get into the game.

Well done to the fans for sticking by the team at half time and after.

Wee mention for the Thistle fans their away support puts some so called bigger clubs to shame.

Iceman1875
03-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Williams 6
Maybury 6
Nelson 6
McGirvern 5
Stevenson 6
Harris 6
Thomson 7
Robertson 6
Craig 7
Stanton 6
Cummings 6

Collins 5
Watmore 5
Handling 2

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

allezsauzee
03-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Really impressed with that first half performance in particular, and the fans were superb at getting behind the team when all looked lost. Fantastic team spirit and effort.

Williams 5 looked indecisive.

Stevenson 6 the usual commitment.
McGivern 4 looks worse in the middle than on the left, which is saying something.
Nelson 4 Played well first half, and then got torn to shreds by HigginB and Taylor second half and started spraying daft passes about. Both fouls that led to the red card stopped a likely goal, so dont want to be too hard on him.
Maybury 8 excellent display, kept HigginB quiet and some good deliveries. My controversial MOTM.

Thomson 7 will be a loss on Tuesday. Looked a bad injury.
Robertson 6 was baffled by the MOTM award to be honest. Decent effort but Seemed to lose a lot of 50/50s.

Harris 7 some intelligent passing, surprised he was subbed.
Stanton 6 one of his least effective games for a while, but what a vital goal
Craig 7 played like The Liam Craig from earlier in the season. Saw loads of the ball, good deliveries and generally played like he hasn't for ages.

Cumming 6 Started well but lost confidence after a terrible bit of decision making on the breakaway. Wish he wouldn't drop so deep.

Subs
Watmore excellent. Please give him 90 minutes Terry!
Collins the usual huffing and puffing
Handling A good contribution late on

Fans 10/10 outstanding. Proud to be a part of it today:flag:
Ref: Awful.

Not controversial at all. If Thommo had been on the full game I'd have gone for him, but Alan Maybury is everything the central defenders haven't been. Sticks to the basics, reads the game excellently and is decisive.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2014, 08:10 PM

I agree, he's not really all that different to Collins (just less goals).

happiehibbie
03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
for me KT has to be signed up for next season, he went off we collapsed in the midfield no one with his vision and positional skills.

Wiliams 4 one good save needs to command his box more
Maybury 7 did well for a pensioner :)
Nelson 3 Great shot on target but he is not for me
McGivern 5 I like him at centre half but some slack passing
Stevenson 5 Again not for me poor ball distribution
Craig 6 best game in ages
Thomson 8 Must be signed up for next season
Robertson 7 another i hope is signed up for next season
Harris 5 more commitment into tackles and DRIVING forward at defenders
Stanton 5 not a good game for him He kept falling over WTF but he got the goal
Cumming 6 Asking to much of a young boy to lead the line should have passed on the breakaway

I thought we played well today there keeper was fantastic with at least 3 great saves, I agree with the other poster if your not happy with the management then fine but not personal abuse or except that that person will turn on them

ekhibee
03-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I've not agreed with the OTT comments about how good Thomson has been recently and how we were missing him earlier, but today, until he was injured, I thought he was more like the Kevin Thomson of old. Great passing, tackling, awareness and most of all just the kind of player that players like Sam Stanton (who had a relatively poor game by his standards) could learn so so much from. Well done KT, you showed what being a Hibs player should be all about.

IberianHibernian
03-05-2014, 08:42 PM

Realise ill get slated for this postI agree . Needs to play between U20 and our league so maybe go out on loan next season . Looks more likely to score from 25 yards than from close in - where did most of his goals in U20 come from ? Anyway not criticising him as it`s a thankless task upfront with present tactics . Collins gets a lot of flak but think TB should have stuck with him and given him a proper run since he`s now even shorter on confidence than before and won`t be at his best for last 2 or 4 games . Not like we have a lot of alternatives . Now that Morton have finished , could Caldwell play ? Not saying he`d make a difference but would be another option and he`d have a lot to prove .

Ronniekirk
03-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Thought Maybury had a good game, in my opinion our best player today. Some decent defending and put a few great crosses into the box in the 2nd half. Can he play 3 games in 8 days though
Bust a gut on Tuesday night and get us a win and he won't have to .

ehf
03-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Not controversial at all. If Thommo had been on the full game I'd have gone for him, but Alan Maybury is everything the central defenders haven't been. Sticks to the basics, reads the game excellently and is decisive.

:agree: A couple of stray passes but otherwise excellent today.