PDA

View Full Version : Malpas again?

GreenArmyyy!
03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Seen a lot of supporters going bananas at Malpas about 10 minutes before our goal? What did he do this time?

Brightside
03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Seen a lot of supporters going bananas at Malpas about 10 minutes before our goal? What did he do this time?

He jumped into the crowd when we scored!

GreenArmyyy!
03-05-2014, 04:43 PM
He jumped into the crowd when we scored!

That's superb!

jeffers
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
I don't know what was said to spark it but he called one of the crowd towards him and told him not to swear at him. It was getting a bit heated. I thought his reaction when we scored was brilliant, embraced the same fan. I can't fault him for passion.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2014, 04:47 PM
I don't know what was said to spark it but he called one of the crowd towards him and told him not to swear at him. It was getting a bit heated. I thought his reaction when we scored was brilliant, embraced the same fan. I can't fault him for passion.

Class

S4uzee
03-05-2014, 04:48 PM

I was in the East but it looked like the fan wanted a go at him after our goal?

green day
03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
How about we just take what Jeffers says as gospel and leave it at that.

We can do without another saturday night .net implosion

jeffers
03-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Yeah he did not sure what that was about. When we scored he turned towards the guys who had been shouting and did the LG gesture, but I took the intention to be well meant, but not sure if the guy who you are referring to took it differently.

Phil D. Rolls
03-05-2014, 04:52 PM

Id tend to believe the people that were nearer, as a rule. They would have a better view.

GreenArmyyy!
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Good eyesight anyway!

Thecat23
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Was all handbags. Shouted boy down words were exchanged and they all had a wee pop pretty much.

Goal goes in MM runs to the same fans in a "get that up yi" but same fan cuddled him and that was it. If Hibs had lost I think this would have been made a big deal.

S4uzee
03-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Id tend to believe the people that were nearer, as a rule. They would have a better view.

That's why I asked Jeffers what happened and he answered! I said looked like, what's the problem?

happiehibbie
03-05-2014, 05:02 PM
I sit just 10 rows back 30 seats from the dug outs

Malpas again reacting to a fan shouting and swearing at him malpas turned and said "don't swear at me" in a aggressive manner the same as the fan was using people around shout at Malpas to get on with the game and concentrate on his job. He then gestured to the fan to come down to the dug out a wee exchange took place. IMO Malpas should not be getting involved in this but the fan as we have discussed in other threads should not be shouting personal abuse.

The goal we all went bananas TBF Malaps though gave the fans the GIRFUY sign the fan and Malpas hugged and laughed a bit ,some other guys where not happy and challenge Malpas to a fight WHY I DONT KNOW !!!!!

But i do feel that the management team should not react in this manner getting beat or not.

but this is what happened

S4uzee
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Good eyesight anyway!

You must have poor eyesight then if you think being able to see from one side to the other is good

NOLA
03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
some fans objected to being called fannys instead of c**** :wink:

madhatter
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM

Malpas again reacting to a fan shouting and swearing at him malpas turned and said "don't swear at me" in a aggressive manner the same as the fan was using people around shout at Malpas to get on with the game and concentrate on his job. He then gestured to the fan to come down to the dug out a wee exchange took place. IMO Malpas should not be getting involved in this but the fan as we have discussed in other threads should not be shouting personal abuse.

The goal we all went bananas TBF Malaps though gave the fans the GIRFUY sign the fan and Malpas hugged and laughed a bit ,some other guys where not happy and challenge Malpas to a fight WHY I DONT KNOW !!!!!

But i do feel that the management team should not react in this manner getting beat or not.

In fairness, Malpas seemed to react to the fact one fan shouted "Malpas, looks like you cannae be bothered!". I might be a bit demented but I actually think Malpas getting involved is a good thing because it showed he did care. If he had just stood staring at the pitch would we all have thought he cared? No, this way he looked like a bit of an idiot but at least an idiot who gives a toss...

In my mind, both Terry and Maurice are hurting because they're probably working even harder at Hibs than they did at ICT but as can be seen, there are more than a handful of players that aren't good enough. Also, while I accept Maurice probably isn't a likeable guy - I also, like him, don't understand shouting at him - usually you hurl abuse at the manager more than the assistant...

I want to see more passion, I actually think because there was some anger in the West Stand, there was some reaction from the players and we got the draw we deserved (at the very least). Good on Maurice and the fan that reacted decently, I'd much rather see this type of thing than have someone in the management team like Calderwood - guy who didn't care one bit.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM

What an embarrassment. Why are fans giving him grief, can they not put their efforts into supporting the boys in this difficult time.

Erseholes.

"That was classic intercourse!"

wearethehibs
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I thought it when I went to see the U20's earlier in the season and theres not been much to change my mind, Malpas seems like a twat.

Kato
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
In fairness, Malpas seemed to react to the fact one fan shouted "Malpas, looks like you cannae be bothered!". I might be a bit demented but I actually think Malpas getting involved is a good thing because it showed he did care. If he had just stood staring at the pitch would we all have thought he cared? No, this way he looked like a bit of an idiot but at least an idiot who gives a toss...

In my mind, both Terry and Maurice are hurting because they're probably working even harder at Hibs than they did at ICT but as can be seen, there are more than a handful of players that aren't good enough. Also, while I accept Maurice probably isn't a likeable guy - I also, like him, don't understand shouting at him - usually you hurl abuse at the manager more than the assistant...

I want to see more passion, I actually think because there was some anger in the West Stand, there was some reaction from the players and we got the draw we deserved (at the very least). Good on Maurice and the fan that reacted decently, I'd much rather see this type of thing than have someone in the management team like Calderwood - guy who didn't care one bit.

:top marks

...WentToMowAnSPL
03-05-2014, 06:01 PM

He said you don't know what you are f@king talking about and don't f@king swear at me

I'm in the West a bit along from them

What confuses me most is that I never see a player make eye contact or listen to what Malpas or Butcher shout ??? Bizarre

madhatter
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
He said you don't know what you are f@king talking about and don't f@king swear at me

I'm in the West a bit along from them

What confuses me most is that I never see a player make eye contact or listen to what Malpas or Butcher shout ??? Bizarre

Mentally weak that's why. I'm more than happy to have another management team that has a strong mentality. Collins was strong and our players got him kicked out - "six pack" rubbish etc. This is one of the reasons why we are struggling so much at the moment. Players are too weak mentally, and obviously haven't liked being told they aren't good enough.

TrinityHibs
03-05-2014, 06:10 PM
The boys behind the dugout were giving Butcher and Malpas serious dogs abuse. Malpas was told that he was a Jeffers by one of them and Malpas confronted them. One of the guys went down nose to nose and all Malpas said was don't swear at me. I know Jeffers I know!!! Anyway the boy obviously thinks he can swear at Malpas and they have a discussion. To be fair to Malpas he didn't react. Anyway goal is scored and Malpas turns round to give him the big GIRUY and the boy goes towards Malpas. He wanted to lamp him but knows thats not a good idea in ER.so they embraced. One of the other guys was still not happy and continued to refer to Malpas as a Jeffers.Passion. Frustration. We were all feeling it. Good shift by the team and unlucky to only get a point. Thought the support for most of the team was good today.

lucky
03-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Why don't Some Hibs fans try supporting the team rather abusing the players and coaching staff.

sleeping giant
03-05-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm starting to really like Maurice Malpas :greengrin

jeffers
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
The boys behind the dugout were giving Butcher and Malpas serious dogs abuse. Malpas was told that he was a Jeffers by one of them and Malpas confronted them. One of the guys went down nose to nose and all Malpas said was don't swear at me. I know Jeffers I know!!! Anyway the boy obviously thinks he can swear at Malpas and they have a discussion. To be fair to Malpas he didn't react. Anyway goal is scored and Malpas turns round to give him the big GIRUY and the boy goes towards Malpas. He wanted to lamp him but knows thats not a good idea in ER.so they embraced. One of the other guys was still not happy and continued to refer to Malpas as a Jeffers.Passion. Frustration. We were all feeling it. Good shift by the team and unlucky to only get a point. Thought the support for most of the team was good today.

I thought it was quite amusing when MM told the guy not to swear at him, given who it was probably not a great idea by MM to get involved. Like I said earlier I thought MM's reaction when scored was superb, he cares and I want to see that in a management team. Not sure what kicked things off today, TB responded to something said to him first. Passions are running high tho and no surprise frustrations are being shown by both the management team and fans alike.

Heisenberg
03-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm not bothered at all by this tbh. Folk giving out abuse can expect a bit of something back. Malpas and Butcher certainly care.

theonlywayisup
03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Can we not support our team, including our management team? Some people take delight at finding ways of sticking the knife in, then twisting it!

hibs0666
03-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Mentally weak that's why. I'm more than happy to have another management team that has a strong mentality. Collins was strong and our players got him kicked out - "six pack" rubbish etc. This is one of the reasons why we are struggling so much at the moment. Players are too weak mentally, and obviously haven't liked being told they aren't good enough.

Which team is Collins leading to greatness these days?

...WentToMowAnSPL
03-05-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm not bothered at all by this tbh. Folk giving out abuse can expect a bit of something back. Malpas and Butcher certainly care.

It was the 'come ahead' jesture to the fan from Malpas which I thought was not very appropriate

hibs0666
03-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Can we not support our team, including our management team? Some people take delight at finding ways of sticking the knife in, then twisting it!

We have some total zoomers in the crowd. it's like a care in the community job with some of these guys.

whiskyhibby
03-05-2014, 07:05 PM

Absolutely :-))

The_Exile
03-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Screw the fans giving abuse to our coaching staff, I'm glad Maurice is having a pop back, if you dish it out then dinnae complain when you get it back, eejits. I'll love it if he smacks them one, love it.

Bit of a Keegan moment there.

...WentToMowAnSPL
03-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Liam Craig, Scott Robertson and kevin Thompson are all good players they all played well in stints... Looked like they had never met each other before today mind

Thecat23
03-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Maurice Malpas has a grizzly bear rug in his living room. It's not dead it's just afraid to move!!

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 07:11 PM

So let me get this right. Hibs equalised and the place went mental but you took time out to check the reaction of MM?

S4uzee
03-05-2014, 07:13 PM
It was actually someone that was sitting behind that pointed it out and I looked over, Ok?

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 07:14 PM
It was actually someone that was sitting behind that pointed it out and I looked over, Ok?

Fair enough but everyone around me in the East was far too busy celebrating to bother looking at the bench :wink:

northgreen24
03-05-2014, 07:15 PM

No doubt they care and some fans think they are immune from being questioned and that was all Malpas did.

jeffers
03-05-2014, 07:16 PM
So let me get this right. Hibs equalised and the place went mental but you took time out to check the reaction of MM?

I think that's a bit unfair JB, he merely asked what happened

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 07:18 PM
I think that's a bit unfair JB, he merely asked what happened

As I said that's fair enough. Just found it difficult to believe anyone was doing anything other than jumping around in celebration!

Ozyhibby

I thought I was the only one.
:-)

matty_f
We have some total zoomers in the crowd. it's like a care in the community job with some of these guys.

:agree: guy at the back of the west lower towards the away end was relentless with his over the top abuse at the players throughout the game, was even moaning that the goal was late.
Everybody around him were shaking their heads at him but . he seemed oblivious.

Thecat23

I done the same but I'm right behind the dugout. The guy who came down appeared couple of mins after the goal. Stood there and went back. Think he knew he was making a bit of a fool of himself.

matty_f

Me too. :aok:

ronaldo7
03-05-2014, 07:20 PM
I think we should have an empty zone behind the dug outs. Save all this hassle.

silverhibee
03-05-2014, 07:22 PM

Would be a welcome addition to chatbox. :greengrin

jeffers
03-05-2014, 07:26 PM
As I said that's fair enough. Just found it difficult to believe anyone was doing anything other than jumping around in celebration!

No worries ! Tbf it was hard to miss + it was going on a minute or so after we scored.

Fwiw if we stay up and start off next season well hopefully all this will be forgotten. As fans we react in different ways but ultimately I believe we all want the same thing, which is to see the team we love doing well.

silverhibee
03-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Is Malpas at the Napoli game by any chance.

Onion
03-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Was all handbags. Shouted boy down words were exchanged and they all had a wee pop pretty much.

Goal goes in MM runs to the same fans in a "get that up yi" but same fan cuddled him and that was it. If Hibs had lost I think this would have been made a big deal.

IMHO MM could become the next Billy Brown figure. For some reason, I just sense he was not keen to join Hibs, doesn't really like the club and is a reluctant employee - loyal only to TB. If the whole thing goes pair shaped, expect him to mouth off about the club etc. Think he's quite a nasty character with chips on both shoulders - could be good for changing the culture at Hibs... or could be destructive.

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 08:10 PM
IMHO MM could become the next Billy Brown figure. For some reason, I just sense he was not keen to join Hibs, doesn't really like the club and is a reluctant employee - loyal only to TB. If the whole thing goes pair shaped, expect him to mouth off about the club etc. Think he's quite a nasty character with chips on both shoulders - could be good for changing the culture at Hibs... or could be destructive.

IMHO most of these assumptions seem to have been made with information gathered from the very reliable .net

trev the hat
03-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Didn't like MM as a player, not overly keen on his role within the club but if being disliked progresses the squad I'll dislike him slightly less. Utd are boring :-)

down-the-slope
03-05-2014, 08:13 PM
some right plums abusing management.......glad MM gave some back....

macd123
03-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Tell me one club where the manager won't get sworn at after winning 1 game in 16.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Liam Craig, Scott Morrison and kevin Thompson are all good players they all played well in stints... Looked like they had never met each other before today mind

Never seen him play, he any good? :greengrin

BS44
03-05-2014, 08:25 PM
At some point after the initial incident a female steward seemed to be taking a note of seats from rows to the right of the dugout

mca
03-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Quite happy for the manager and whatever give some stick back to the fans.. often wished big rod had just gave us the finger now and again - instead of shafting us all the time.. (joke :wink:)

But can anyone correct me... It was the last time we got relegated and I care to admit to being a wee bit intoxicated !!!

MM - somehow ended up near me that day... and I called him a wee knaff... for whatever reason - I don't remember why he was even there that day.. pundit ??

it was a while ago....

:confused:

WestEndHibee
03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
At some point after the initial incident a female steward seemed to be taking a note of seats from rows to the right of the dugout

Petrie's Mafia will be at their door soon. :cb

marinello59
03-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Maurice Malpas has a grizzly bear rug in his living room. It's not dead it's just afraid to move!!

:greengrin

Greencore
03-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Do not see what the problem is. If the fan think he is big enough and brave enough to shout abuse at someone then he has to face the consequence's. Yes MM is a representative of the club, but there is only so much abuse he can take before he feels he needs to say something.

Really pleased he celebrated the goal with the fans, it shows that he has been working hard with TB to install the right mind frames for this relegation fight. and that his hard work paid off. good on him

Bayern Bru
03-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Liam Craig, Scott Morrison and kevin Thompson are all good players they all played well in stints... Looked like they had never met each other before today mind

Never seen him play, he any good? :greengrin

Given he played about 200 games for Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Ross County, are you sure you never saw him play? :greengrin

NOLA
03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Quite happy for the manager and whatever give some stick back to the fans.. often wished big rod had just gave us the finger now and again - instead of shafting us all the time.. (joke :wink:)

But can anyone correct me... It was the last time we got relegated and I care to admit to being a wee bit intoxicated !!!

MM - somehow ended up near me that day... and I called him a wee knaff... for whatever reason - I don't remember why he was even there that day.. pundit ??

it was a while ago....

:confused:

he was still a dundee utd player at the time?

jodjam
03-05-2014, 09:03 PM

Maybe I'm missing the point after a few beers but seems like you are having a dig at Jeffers. Malpas behaviour a few weeks back was bad. If we hadn't scored today this malpas / welsh carry on would have been a bigger thing

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2014, 09:03 PM

Would you like to serve as an expert witness on the Pistorius trial? ;)

jeffers
03-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Maybe I'm missing the point after a few beers but seems like you are having a dig at Jeffers. Malpas behaviour a few weeks back was bad. If we hadn't scored today this malpas / welsh carry on would have been a bigger thing

I didn't think he was mate, although I'm slightly concerned that instead of calling someone a ****** we are referring to them as a Jeffers !! Hope it doesn't catch on.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2014, 09:08 PM
some right plums abusing management.......glad MM gave some back....

Should be made to endlessly attend Big Brother eviction nights (in the hissing rainf) til they get things out of their system.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Mo Mo Super Mo!

Ship Hibs
03-05-2014, 09:17 PM
wonder what Maurice is going to make of my outfit for the Killie game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_Bn4CVbYk :greengrin

madhatter
03-05-2014, 09:22 PM
wonder what Maurice is going to make of my outfit for the Killie game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_Bn4CVbYk :greengrin

classic :greengrin

ehf
03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Do not see what the problem is. If the fan think he is big enough and brave enough to shout abuse at someone then he has to face the consequences

The fan in question is a terrace legend, a genuine top boy.

FranckSuzy
03-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Would be a welcome addition to chatbox. :greengrin

:tee hee:

NOLA
03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
The fan in question is a terrace legend, a genuine top boy.
wasnae Brad Welsh was it :greengrin

Iceman1875
03-05-2014, 10:27 PM
An observation today; Malpas enjoys a sunbed 😝

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

jeffers
03-05-2014, 10:27 PM
wasnae Brad Welsh was it :greengrin

Nope, his big brother.

sleeping giant
03-05-2014, 10:28 PM
I didn't think he was mate, although I'm slightly concerned that instead of calling someone a ****** we are referring to them as a Jeffers !! Hope it doesn't catch on.

:faf: You better watch out. Someone will be designing a smilie as we speak :greengrin

ehf
03-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Nope, his big brother.

:agree:

ehf
03-05-2014, 10:41 PM
An observation today; Malpas enjoys a sunbed 

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

Noticed that last week week and decided it must have just been the sunny weather over Easter, but since we have had no sun since, and he was even more orange today, I deduce that your assertion is correct.

Casper
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Why don't Some Hibs fans try supporting the team rather abusing the players and coaching staff.

THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Noticed that last week week and decided it must have just been the sunny weather over Easter, but since we have had no sun since, and he was even more orange today, I deduce that your assertion is correct.

Could just be staining from a career with United?

IWasThere2016
04-05-2014, 03:32 AM

He's stays up here - we've had sun in the sunniest park of the UK..

macca70
04-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Seemed to all kick off when Robertson was brought off, seemed like a few didn't agree with the substitution.

As has already been said, there was a heated exchange of words with Malpas and a few folk.

Minutes later, we scored and Malpas gives it the big GIRFUY and it kicks off again.

bawheid
04-05-2014, 06:58 AM
'Mon the Malpas. Get torn into these moaning-faced, I-know-best, impatient, uninformed fools.

Some of these guys obviously buy their STs behind the dugout so they can provide their opinions to the management team. I'll back the Malpas to sort them out.

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm loving Malpas more every time I go on here. I always thought of him from his playing days as a steady, reliable boring barsteward, but it seems that the man is a bona fide, off-his-rocker natural entertainer, who at least gives a toss about the club.

If anybody in the west around the dug out wants to swap seats with me in the east, they are more than welcome.

marinello59
04-05-2014, 07:31 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm loving Malpas more every time I go on here. I always thought of him from his playing days as a steady, reliable boring barsteward, but it seems that the man is a bona fide, off-his-rocker natural entertainer, who at least gives a toss about the club.

If anybody in the west around the dug out wants to swap seats with me in the east, they are more than welcome.

It will take more than a straight swap to secure what has now become the hottest ticket in town. Our post match discussions are far more likely to be about our favourite Malpas moments than anything that has happened on the park. Hopefully the club are encouraging him to keep doing what he is doing. The man is loved in our household.

TrinityHibs
04-05-2014, 07:32 AM

too many beersJD:party::cheers::cheers:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Wow that's some pondering. At times as a support I think we're too fixated on scapegoating and the negative energy it creates is destructive. Now is not the time other teams have this to their advantage and our disadvantage. If we always look for a "Billy Brown" figure whatever that is then well find it. He likes a sunbed, Ryan has a flash car this "alright for some" attitude IMO is one of the least attractive attributes of our great nation.

down-the-slope
04-05-2014, 07:46 AM

Nah I just think he is a winner and was brought up in the Jim McLean school of siege mentality - where you are either inside and battling together or you can fluff off....

The ICT success was built partly on this fighting against those in central belt moaning about how they did not deserve to be in league / moaning about distance etc

Some of our support need to get what is beneficial for our club and whats not - surely for 90 mins anything else can be put aside

Peevemor
04-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Nah I just think he is a winner and was brought up in the Jim McLean school of siege mentality - where you are either inside and battling together or you can fluff off....

The ICT success was built partly on this fighting against those in central belt moaning about how they did not deserve to be in league / moaning about distance etc

Some of our support need to get what is beneficial for our club and whats not - surely for 90 mins anything else can be put aside

Exactly. In any case, he's not there to be liked.

lucky
04-05-2014, 07:58 AM
I like MM. His aggression shows he cares . I had word with him before the Saints game and found a amusing guy willing to laugh at himself.

Baker9
04-05-2014, 08:20 AM

:top marks Excellent post - you should post more often. Malpas, Butcher, Dempster are all going to be great for us.

ALF TUPPER
04-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Lovin El Malpas !

Lucius Apuleius
04-05-2014, 08:28 AM

It should.

Ronniekirk
04-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Seemed to all kick off when Robertson was brought off, seemed like a few didn't agree with the substitution.

As has already been said, there was a heated exchange of words with Malpas and a few folk.

Minutes later, we scored and Malpas gives it the big GIRFUY and it kicks off again.
I was in section 44 in the east near the front and Robertson was clearly signalling for a while he was injured and wanted off so he made the call himself to come off .iimo he should of been off earlier as just coming back from injury and if he misses Tuesday could be because he was playing on when he could of been off at point he first stuck hand up indicating was in trouble so if folk were upset at his substitution they got that wrong .

cad
04-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Mon Boom Boom Malpas f..k the fans :casper:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Hate these, "think they know it all, aggressive" fans who think it is acceptable to square up to our assisstant manager.

Embarrassing. Please just **** off elsewhere.

Golden Bear
04-05-2014, 09:20 AM
I was in section 44 in the east near the front and Robertson was clearly signalling for a while he was injured and wanted off so he made the call himself to come off .iimo he should of been off earlier as just coming back from injury and if he misses Tuesday could be because he was playing on when he could of been off at point he first stuck hand up indicating was in trouble so if folk were upset at his substitution they got that wrong .

Not sure if Robertson was carrying an injury but he was blowing out of his erse that's for sure. He was out for a long time so we can't expect him to be 100% fit already.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2014, 09:56 AM

I like him too, is he the Messiah?:greengrin

eastterrace
04-05-2014, 11:08 AM
:agree: guy at the back of the west lower towards the away end was relentless with his over the top abuse at the players throughout the game, was even moaning that the goal was late.

this guy your on about shouts his mouth off every week. gives the players a hard time, also the language from him is unreal every swear word and homophobic word in the book , but as you say he is oblivious to it.

Cropley10
04-05-2014, 11:15 AM

Sounds like we'd best be shot of him. Thanks for pointing this out.

silverhibee
04-05-2014, 11:20 AM
'Mon the Malpas. Get torn into these moaning-faced, I-know-best, impatient, uninformed fools.

Some of these guys obviously buy their STs behind the dugout so they can provide their opinions to the management team. I'll back the Malpas to sort them out.

This is how Malpas behaves, been well none in football circles that the man is a bit of a nutter, he ain't here to make friends but to improve the team, folk and players need to get used to it.

sleeping giant
04-05-2014, 11:30 AM

You think we should get rid due to a posters "opinion" ?
Seriously ?
Good grief :faf:

Kato
04-05-2014, 11:39 AM

LOOK!

An opinion!

marinello59
04-05-2014, 12:17 PM
This is how Malpas behaves, been well none in football circles that the man is a bit of a nutter, he ain't here to make friends but to improve the team, folk and players need to get used to it.

Weir7
04-05-2014, 12:21 PM

Hes doing a great job. Not.

Holmesdale Hibs
04-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Hate these, "think they know it all, aggressive" fans who think it is acceptable to square up to our assisstant manager.

Agree. To much negativity at ER and I don't know why these people sit in the Hibs end. Shouting stuff like that does nothing to help Hibs. No wonder our home record is so poor.

Weir7
04-05-2014, 12:30 PM

Whst abt our management team continually verbally abusing players and nothing gets done about it.

aljo7-0
04-05-2014, 12:32 PM
He was quite incredible - barely paused for breath during his rants and has a full swearing vocabulary. I turned round at one point thinking I might just point out that I didn't appreciate the language lesson he was giving my 10 year old daughter saw the look in his eye and the disbelief of the folk around him and decided not to bother. Told the wee one just to ignore the angry man - she of course simply found it funny and no doubt knows a few new words for the next playground argument.

marinello59
04-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Whst abt our management team continually verbally abusing players and nothing gets done about it.

How about a swear box? Ten pence for each profanity. Malpas could just set up a direct debit.:greengrin

Weir7
04-05-2014, 12:42 PM
How about a swear box? Ten pence for each profanity. Malpas could just set up a direct debit.:greengrin

Would result in a big transfer kitty for thesummer

silverhibee
04-05-2014, 12:46 PM

When did this happen, poor we players, ma heart bleeds for them.

rcarter1
04-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Can we set up a system where you can nominate fans to be barred? :duck:

marinello59
04-05-2014, 01:06 PM

We could have a phone vote in the week leading up to game and the person who gains the most vote gets told by Malpas at Half Time to get tae ****.

rcarter1
04-05-2014, 01:21 PM
We could have a phone vote in the week leading up to game and the person who gains the most vote gets told by Malpas at Half Time to get tae ****.

Nice. Our stewards should be given cardboard Malpas cutouts with a pointing finger. Point and Punt, you've been Malpassed. :agree:

Fergus52
04-05-2014, 01:28 PM

It's good that he's not taking any ***** from them either

Fergus52
04-05-2014, 01:29 PM

So it's okay for the fans to do it, but not the management team?

silverhibee
04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
:singing: "Maurice Maurice come sit in the East, sit in the East, sit in the East".

The Falcon
04-05-2014, 01:31 PM

Not necessarily a bad thing, particularly with the players we have. Hopefully put a bit of fire in their bellies.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Awww what a wee shame. Players have been too soft for a while now, its about time the got a kick up the arse.

silverhibee
04-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Not necessarily a bad thing, particularly with the players we have. Hopefully put a bit of fire in their bellies.

The players will eventually get the message, if not they will be out the door in the summer, it will be the same one every day from Jeffers and when they come back for pre-season Jeffers will not have changed one bit, in your face to get things done the right way.

Can we have a Jeffers smiley admins.

Kato
04-05-2014, 01:43 PM

That's easy for you to say.

jeffers
04-05-2014, 01:46 PM
The players will eventually get the message, if not they will be out the door in the summer, it will be the same one every day from Jeffers and when they come back for pre-season Jeffers will not have changed one bit, in your face to get things done the right way.

Can we have a Jeffers smiley admins.

I'm hoping I have changed by pre-season, been eating too many pies recently, could do with losing weight.:greengrin

silverhibee
04-05-2014, 01:55 PM

West lower would be empty :greengrin

rcarter1
04-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Start from scratch? Emotional stability a minimum requirement.

The Falcon
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Start from scratch? Emotional stability a minimum requirement.

FFS. :grr:

Thats me oot..........................

FranckSuzy
04-05-2014, 04:35 PM

Away ya Jeffers :rolleyes: :faf:

matty_f
04-05-2014, 04:44 PM
He was quite incredible - barely paused for breath during his rants and has a full swearing vocabulary. I turned round at one point thinking I might just point out that I didn't appreciate the language lesson he was giving my 10 year old daughter saw the look in his eye and the disbelief of the folk around him and decided not to bother. Told the wee one just to ignore the angry man - she of course simply found it funny and no doubt knows a few new words for the next playground argument.

He doesn't bother that there's kids there and you were probably right not to have a word, have seen folk try before and it makes no difference other than ending up with offers to take it outside.

He's potentially the angriest man I've seen at the football.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2014, 06:56 PM
:singing: "Maurice Maurice come sit in the East, sit in the East, sit in the East".

"He's here, he's there, he's f***ing every where Maurice Malpas, Maurice Malpas......

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 06:59 PM
"He does what he wants, he does what he wants, Maurice Malpas, he does what he wants".

iwasthere1972
04-05-2014, 07:01 PM
"He's here, he's there, he's f***ing swearing everywhere Maurice Malpas, Maurice Malpas......

Fixed it for you. :aok:

marinello59
04-05-2014, 07:07 PM
"He does what he wants, he does what he wants, Maurice Malpas, he does what he wants".

He swears when he wants, he swears when he wants, Maurice Malpas, he swears when he wants. You ****!
I bags the T shirt concession. :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 07:10 PM
He swears when he wants, he swears when he wants, Maurice Malpas, he swears when he wants. You ****!

:greengrin:greengrin

sleeping giant
04-05-2014, 07:52 PM

Brilliant :greengrin

Bostonhibby
04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Fixed it for you. :aok:

:faf:Laughed into my beer :greengrin

beensaidbefore
05-05-2014, 12:32 AM

Exactly. I like to hear that the guy has a bit of passion.

Most people, regardless of occupation, when they are working their arse off are less than happy criticism, let alone criticism from folk who are 'supporters', and obviously are less skilled in football management.
If I got shouted at at my work im not sure i would stand and take it all day long without some kind of reaction.

Are there people on here who would accept that in their workplace? Football is slightly different, but we have been crying out for a bit of passion for ages. While some may argue that its ego rather than passion, I genuinely believe both MM and TB are trying their hardest. Why would they not be?

johnrebus
05-05-2014, 12:41 AM
In my time Hibernian had a bit of class. Now?

We are just a ****ing joke.

Malpas should have his arse kicked up all the way up Leith Walk to the next train to nowhere.

Hibs90
05-05-2014, 03:30 AM
I think it's class he's a bit of a nutter. Players will love or hate it but he will abe able to get his message across either way.

beensaidbefore
05-05-2014, 04:24 AM

Malpas should have his arse kicked up all the way up Leith Walk to the next train to nowhere.

That said, surely that should extend to the supporters? By the sounds of things neither party wa 'class' yesterday!

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2014, 05:49 AM
It will take more than a straight swap to secure what has now become the hottest ticket in town. Our post match discussions are far more likely to be about our favourite Malpas moments than anything that has happened on the park. Hopefully the club are encouraging him to keep doing what he is doing. The man is loved in our household.

I feared that this may be the case. I will have to enjoy his foibles by proxy through this thread.

I'm delighted he's here - we've needed a hamster-eating, wife-stealing figure for a long time.

flash
05-05-2014, 05:52 AM

Aye every time i read one of your miserable posts my first thought is "classy".

s.a.m
05-05-2014, 06:49 AM

I'm not sure which era you're talking about, but if someone had been shouting and swearing at Eddie Turnbull, telling him how to do his job, would his reaction have been 'classy'?

Cropley10
05-05-2014, 07:18 AM
You think we should get rid due to a posters "opinion" ?
Seriously ?
Good grief :faf:

ER no. Perhaps you could read the post I was quoting. :wink:

matty_f
05-05-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure which era you're talking about, but if someone had been shouting and swearing at Eddie Turnbull, telling him how to do his job, would his reaction have been 'classy'?

I was just about to post the same thing.

I have no problem at all with Malpas giving some back when he's getting it tight. Especially at a time when the players and club desperately need our support much more than they need to deal with our criticisms.

johnrebus
05-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Aye every time i read one of your miserable posts my first thought is "classy".

Thanks pal, read a post you don't agree with and respond with personal abuse, rather than the issue.

:love ya!:

SaulGoodman
05-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks pal, read a post you don't agree with and respond with personal abuse, rather than the issue.

Personal abuse? Where? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-05-2014, 09:49 AM

It's hardly abuse though, it's a fact. You are miserable :tee hee:

soda70
05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Some of what I have read on here is totally embarrassing, so called fans who hurl abuse at their own players and coaching staff are not welcome at ER. Just what are they thinking their behaviour will achieve??? the mind boggles!!!!

More to the point why are the stewards or police not taking action to tell them to either shut up or move on??

eastterrace
05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
He doesn't bother that there's kids there and you were probably right not to have a word, have seen folk try before and it makes no difference other than ending up with offers to take it outside.

He's potentially the angriest man I've seen at the football.

he seems like he wants somebody to say something, but your right he must be the angriest fan ive ever seen. doesnt care one jot who is listening .

s.a.m
05-05-2014, 11:25 AM
he seems like he wants somebody to say something, but your right he must be the angriest fan ive ever seen. doesnt care one jot who is listening .

Looks really pleased with himself as well. Am I right in thinking he has a daughter there with him (early - mid teens?), or is she just some unfortunate lass who happens to sit in the vicinity? Whichever way, he's a nuisance and an embarrassment to himself. I can't think of any other setting where you'd get away with his behaviour.

eastterrace
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Looks really pleased with himself as well. Am I right in thinking he has a daughter there with him (early - mid teens?), or is she just some unfortunate lass who happens to sit in the vicinity? Whichever way, he's a nuisance and an embarrassment to himself. I can't think of any other setting where you'd get away with his behaviour.

think he is on his own , but he likes the sound of his mouth thats for sure. dont know how the players put up with it as they must hear him and they probably feel like telling him to away and **** yourself

GreenLake
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM

Maybe Butcher should hire The Rock for an assistant coach. :greengrin

One Day
05-05-2014, 02:15 PM

It would be Jeffers

Keith_M
05-05-2014, 02:22 PM
This is all a Storm In a Teacup.

Does anybody remember the stick players/management used to get from the old North Enclosure/North Stand crowd? Just ask Jackie Mac about his first season at Easter Road

TrinityHibs
05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
It would be Jeffers

Is it just me or is Jeffers becoming a bit of a cult hero? :greengrin

ronaldo7
05-05-2014, 07:37 PM

**** off ya ****:greengrin

Clarence
05-05-2014, 07:44 PM
In years from now, we'll look back on C***gate as Malpas's clause 4 moment.

Eyrie
05-05-2014, 09:51 PM

Is it just me who spotted the spelling mistake?

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Is it just me who spotted the spelling mistake?

Bypassing the swear filter I reckon.

JimBHibees
06-05-2014, 11:37 AM
This is all a Storm In a Teacup.

Does anybody remember the stick players/management used to get from the old North Enclosure/North Stand crowd? Just ask Jackie Mac about his first season at Easter Road

Agree I remember Alan Sneddon reacting to a few comments and also Gordon Rae storming over wanting to do someone after a derby.

Peevemor
06-05-2014, 11:44 AM
The Final of the "Coupe de France" took place on Sauturday night in Paris. It was a Breton derby - Rennes (200k+ inhabitants, big club, big budget) against Guingamp (7k inhabitants, wee club, smallest budget in the French top league). Guingamp, to my delight, strolled it 2-0 - Rennes were never in it.

Yesterday the Rennes squad were back training. You don't need to speak French to understand that the supporters present weren't happy, resulting in at least one player having to be held back by his team mates..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t4y91_stade-rennais-entrainement-sous-tres-haute-tension-entre-joueurs-et-supporters_sport

The_Horde
06-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Malpas didn't travel with the players up to dingwall. Instead he walked it in half an hour.

Speedway
06-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Agree I remember Alan Sneddon reacting to a few comments and also Gordon Rae storming over wanting to do someone after a derby.

And they should have been allowed to, it was wrong to protect Mogadon.

ehf
10-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Notice Butcher and Malpas moved to the other side of the dugout today. Something badly wrong when the management team would rather be closer to the opposition bench than their own fans.

Greencore
10-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Notice Butcher and Malpas moved to the other side of the dugout today. Something badly wrong when the management team would rather be closer to the opposition bench than their own fans.
Lol!!!!!!

NOLA
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM
;3996460']Malpas didn't travel with the players up to dingwall. Instead he walked it in half an hour.

:faf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Did he tell anyone to **** off today?

Bobby's Cinema
10-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Did he tell anyone to **** off today?
McGivern maybe? :cb