PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig at centre back

Diclonius
03-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Showed more control, composure and confidence in ten minutes than McGivern and Nelson had the previous 80.

Why not keep him there?

danhibees1875
03-05-2014, 04:32 PM
People think holding midfield is playing him too deep. :greengrin

Forster will just replace Nelson I would imagine.

TheFamous1875
03-05-2014, 04:35 PM
People think holding midfield is playing him too deep. :greengrin

Forster will just replace Nelson I would imagine.

It's hilarious because he does look out of sorts in the holding role, but looked very composed in those ten minutes in the makeshift back four.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Alex Trager
03-05-2014, 04:42 PM
It's hilarious because he does look out of sorts in the holding role, but looked very composed in those ten minutes in the makeshift back four.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Completely and utterly agree

Onion
03-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Best 90 by Craig in months but lets just kill this crazy thread. Thompson will be out injured so we need Craig as holding mf.

weonlywon6-2
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Best 90 by Craig in months but lets just kill this crazy thread. Thompson will be out injured so we need Craig as holding mf.

What is thomsons injury ?

cammy1969
03-05-2014, 05:14 PM
What is thomsons injury ?
i think its his thigh he got a lot of treatment in the 1st half when there defender was down injured.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 05:16 PM

:agree: he's back in form in midfield. Let's not **** about in Dingwall.

lucky
03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Played ok today but did well when he dropped back as he had lots of time and space to pass the ball

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Some wee fanny started pointing at him and abusing him at the end when he was clapping the fans.

If you're reading this, don't bother coming back to ER ya roaster! Theres no place here for people like you.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Some wee fanny started pointing at him and abusing him at the end when he was clapping the fans.

If you're reading this, don't bother coming back to ER ya roaster! Theres no place here for people like you.

I saw that, and Liam shaking his head in disbelief at the wee plum. Ironic that Craig had his best game since about January:rolleyes:

Reaper
03-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Like!

GreenCastle
03-05-2014, 05:33 PM
The difference was Craig looked to pass it out rather than the hoof we are used to.

think at CH he may struggle as doesn't like the physical stuff and doesn't head the ball very well.

He did play much better today which was good to see:aok:

hibee_girl
03-05-2014, 05:35 PM
I saw that, and Liam shaking his head in disbelief at the wee plum. Ironic that Craig had his best game since about January:rolleyes:

I saw that too, he look gutted!

weonlywon6-2
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
i think its his thigh he got a lot of treatment in the 1st half when there defender was down injured.

Cheers mate

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 05:46 PM

What was the guy saying? I was coming down the stairs at the time!

Wheat Hound
03-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Saw the fan shouting at Craig at FT and Craig looking annoyed but think he also acknowledged the majority of fans applauding the team. Fans on the whole were great today I thought.

jeffers
03-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I might be in the minority here but I thought Craig was very poor again, he may have been better today, but IMO it just shows how bad he has been for months. He is not my idea of a captain either, he neither leads by example nor can been seen encouraging his team mates. Too often he can found sauntering about the park not looking to get involved never mind seize a game by the scruff of the neck.

In saying all that I still hope that next season he can get back to being more like the player who was with St Johnstone.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 06:00 PM
What was the guy saying? I was coming down the stairs at the time!

Me too, just caught the aftermath. He was well outnumbered by folk applauding so hopefully he knows he's a prize dick.

stoneyburn hibs
03-05-2014, 06:00 PM

Seen him shake his head at someone right at the bottom of the east as I was going down the stairway, don't know if same incident ? Craig was a good captain today.

Alfred E Newman
03-05-2014, 06:01 PM
I might be in the minority here but I thought Craig was very poor again, he may have been better today, but IMO it just shows how bad he has been for months. He is not my idea of a captain either, he neither leads by example nor can been seen encouraging his team mates. Too often he can found sauntering about the park not looking to get involved never mind seize a game by the scruff of the neck.

In saying all that I still hope that next season he can get back to being more like the player who was with St Johnstone.

I agree. Not an inspiring captain at all.

Onceinawhile
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Thought craig was poor in the first half but some good distribution in the second. Thought his distribution from centre back was good as well.

hibee_girl
03-05-2014, 06:06 PM

I agree, thought he was awful in some parts today instead of awful for the full 90!

The thing that frustrates me most about him is when he just stands still waiting for the ball to drop at his feet, he makes no movement at all to help out his teammates or even looks like he wants the ball.

He played better at the back today than he did in midfield.

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2014, 06:10 PM

you're not alone

greenpaper55
03-05-2014, 06:11 PM
It just shows how bad the Admiral is when a midfielder looks good at centre back, i thought Craig was slow in his passing at times but he strolled it playing at the back, good free kick that deserved a goal.

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Saw the fan shouting at Craig at FT and Craig looking annoyed but think he also acknowledged the majority of fans applauding the team. Fans on the whole were great today I thought.

Anybody having a go at Craig today needs to get a grip.

He was fine, I still want more from him but he was better than he has been in ages today.

As you say fans on the whole today were great and a few morons shouldn't detract from that.

duffers
03-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Thought he looked pretty decent at centre half. Much prefer him to the 2 that started centre back today!! Nelson getting sent off was probably a blessing in disguise

Billy Whizz
03-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Thought Liam played well today

PeterboroHibee
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
The difference was Craig looked to pass it out rather than the hoof we are used to.

think at CH he may struggle as doesn't like the physical stuff and doesn't head the ball very well.

He did play much better today which was good to see:aok:

Id hope that was noted by Butcher and Malpas. I understand the way they want to play the game, but not consistently giving the ball away is hugely positive when the team are low on confidence.

I also agree that it wouldnt be sensible to put Craig in at the back. Its fine him covering there as hes doing a job for the team, but over the course of 90 minutes I think he would find it more challenging. If we were a team that dominated possession and held onto the ball I could see it working, but we arent.

Ricky Bobby
03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Anybody having a go at Craig today needs to get a grip.

He was fine, I still want more from him but he was better than he has been in ages today.

As you say fans on the whole today were great and a few morons shouldn't detract from that.

Sorry, fine just does not cut it. The guy has been a massive under achiever this season, not captain material and complete let down in the middle of the park. That said, personal abuse from the sidelines is a step too far.

davhibby
03-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Thought he looked more confident today, playing nice one two's with Stevenson and looked like he wanted to have the ball

Smiggy 7-0
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Saw the fan shouting at Craig at FT and Craig looking annoyed but think he also acknowledged the majority of fans applauding the team. Fans on the whole were great today I thought. Near front Sect 41 we were applauding all of them for their effort, didn't see or hear anything, but my wife says it was behind us.

Mibbes Aye
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Can't agree with the comments suggesting Craig wasn't encouraging his teammates. He very visibly was, especially the younger guys.

Thought he epitomised the team performance, decent spells but at certain times we looked like we had our boots on the wrong way round.