PDA

View Full Version : Who plays cb on tuesday?

cam75
03-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Is Nelson banned for tuesday?who Plays Along with RM or is JF back?
GGTTH

Brightside
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Is Nelson banned for tuesday?who Plays Along with RM or is JF back?
GGTTH

Nelson banned is a positive. Him and McGivern were bombscares. Liam Craig and James McPake on Tuesday. :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Forster is back. Probably just a straight swap with Nelson.

More concerned about Thomson, looked like a thigh strain, hoping it may be a dead leg, anyone know any information?

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Brightside
03-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Looked like a hip problem - which I'm sure he had in the past. I imagine it might be the last time we see him in a Hibs jersey.

dp00
03-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Mcpake for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 04:28 PM
McPake and Forster for me.

Big risk but Nelson obviously banned and McGivern was culpible in the lead up to the goal and had a big hand in the sending off.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-05-2014, 04:31 PM

Big risk but Nelson obviously banned and McGivern was culpible in the lead up to the goal and had a big hand in the sending off.

:agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Nae chance. McGivern and a right footed bc is much better.

McGivern was good today. Same back four please with a straight swap with either Forster or McPake. Maybury also had an excellent game today, knows exactly what he's doing.

Brightside
03-05-2014, 04:41 PM

McGivern was good today. Same back four please with a straight swap with either Forster or McPake. Maybury also had an excellent game today, knows exactly what he's doing.

McGivern was never good today. I know everyone has opinions etc...but i honestly cannot see how anyone can think he was good today. We were lucky to not be 2 down due to him. I agree with Maybury - top class pro and always gives 100%

Onion
03-05-2014, 04:44 PM
You can't take any positives about our back 4 from today. PT were the worst team I've seen at ER apart from Hibs. The put little pressure on our back line other than long punts which caused chaos. McGivern looked nervous throughout and was instrumental in Nelsons red card. Our CBs are shocking.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 04:47 PM
McGivern was never good today. I know everyone has opinions etc...but i honestly cannot see how anyone can think he was good today. We were lucky to not be 2 down due to him. I agree with Maybury - top class pro and always gives 100%

He has become our new hate figure.

He was guilty of a misplaced through ball that was intercepted. Other than that I'd love to know what he was guilty of?

NOLA
03-05-2014, 05:02 PM
any1 but mcPake, too much of a gamble playing him. 2 under 20 games in 6 months is not ideal.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Looked like a hip problem - which I'm sure he had in the past. I imagine it might be the last time we see him in a Hibs jersey.

let's hope so.

brog
03-05-2014, 05:05 PM

Agreed, balance is much better with one right & one left sided centre back.

dmc1875
03-05-2014, 05:07 PM
let's hope so.

Sorry... what?

dmc1875
03-05-2014, 05:09 PM

How was he 'good' exactly? He's our new hate figure? Are you kidding? Nelson can and never will do any right in peoples eyes.

How you can say McGivern was good, and Nelson terrible when McGivern was culpable at the goal and pretty much got Nelson sent off is beyond me.

Nelson nearly score twice, and was the biggest threat we had in the opposition box.. no?

Postman
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
let's hope so.

Can't be serious??

Postman
03-05-2014, 05:12 PM
How was he 'good' exactly? He's our new hate figure? Are you kidding? Nelson can and never will do any right in peoples eyes.

How you can say McGivern was good, and Nelson terrible when McGivern was culpable at the goal and pretty much got Nelson sent off is beyond me.

Nelson nearly score twice, and was the biggest threat we had in the opposition box.. no?

I hope I never see Nelson in a Hibs jersey again, he is absolutely brutal.

Bobby's Cinema
03-05-2014, 05:12 PM

He was guilty of a misplaced through ball that was intercepted. Other than that I'd love to know what he was guilty of?

Time after time he tried to play the ball into the feet of Cummings and gave the ball away. Simple passes aswell.

What he was thinking about with the pass for the red card I do not know. Consistently poor performer

Him and Nelson together is a disaster. No communication/organisation whatsoever

lucky
03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Nelson was ok today his passing was the usual crap. As for McGirven he was brutal. But the pair of them tried

dmc1875
03-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I hope I never see Nelson in a Hibs jersey again, he is absolutely brutal.

I have seen worse. He has had some shockers (along with everyone) this season but how people can have a go at him for the last three games when he hasn't really been at fault?

St Mirren- Forster at fault for both goals. Nelson got out-jumped by Thompson (not an odd occurence) but Forster posted missing for the first

Hearts- Forster lost Patterson for both goals

Today- McGivern was more at fault for the goal and then added gloss to it by getting Nelson sent off

Nelson is the scapegoat for all our failings which is grossly unfair

cam75
03-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Dreams were made of this
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3dp1xtdMEE
GGTTH

hibee_girl
03-05-2014, 05:24 PM
McGivern was good at winning the ball back but he'd then mess it up by either hoofing it up the park or passing it straight to a Thistle player.

Nelson was horrendous today and it's a blessing in disguise he's suspended for Tuesday.

Once again Maybury was solid and our best defender.

Personally I'd have McGivern & Forster in the middle on Tuesday, I just don't think it's right for McPake yet.

Jpdhfc
03-05-2014, 05:24 PM

Consistently gave the ball away today

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM

Nelson got nelson sent off, he can't defend one on ones. It was a terrible pass though from McGivern but what's he meant to do, no options on the deck or he gets boo'd by our win for hoofing=lose lose situation!

emerald green
03-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Just goes to show how far opinions can differ. I thought McGivern was poor. His shocking ball out of defence led to Nelson getting his second booking. Having said that, Hibs as a team are very poor defensively. Week after week they lose cheap goals, leaving themselves with a mountain to climb. TB/MM were international defenders, yet they seem unable to stop it. Is it because the players at their disposal are just not good enough?

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Just goes to show how far opinions can differ. I thought McGivern was poor. His shocking ball out of defence led to Nelson getting his second booking. Having said that, Hibs as a team are very poor defensively. Week after week they lose cheap goals, leaving themselves with a mountain to climb. TB/MM were international defenders, yet they seem unable to stop it. Is it because the players at their disposal are just not good enough?

I think it's more to do with our midfield. We can't win headers or knock downs and are largely second to everything. More often than not our defence have one or two men running at them. Vincent Kompany would struggle in our team.

"That was classic intercourse!"

The_Horde
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM

No. It's because PF left us with the most dire options at the back. The minute one player is out (Hanlon) we're lost.

beensaidbefore
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM

I dont believe he has ever been any good. Complete liability and has had a hand in too many goals conceded by the team. Poor distribution, poor heading and poor positional play. Make the job fro those around him a lot harder. Hopefully get rid of him soon.

emerald green
03-05-2014, 05:47 PM
;3993620']No. It's because PF left us with the most dire options at the back. The minute one player is out (Hanlon) we're lost.

So are you agreeing with me that the players at TB/MMs disposal are simply not good enough, as I said in my previous post? :confused:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Consistently gave the ball away today

Did he not cross the ball that led to the goal via a Collins head on?

"That was classic intercourse!"

AlbertK86
03-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Are you having a laugh..... Nelson is so slow and is the worst passer of a ball ever to don a Hibs strip.

For me the equaliser and Nelson's sending off were the biggest positives for me.

We looked more secure once he was off the park

Forster and McGivern at CH for me on tuesday. McGivern defended better than he has but his passing is woeful. he needs to learn to play the easy ball ..... but even though he has been poor recently he is a mile better than that clown Nelson

Aldo
03-05-2014, 06:38 PM
ME!! older than Nelson by quite some way but a hellava lot faster in both mind and running ability

whiskyhibby
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Nelson took one for the team today if he had not fouled Taylor the guy would have put Partick 2-0 up

yekimevol
03-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Needs to be McPake and Foster.