GreenLake
03-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Get it done Hibs.

Gatecrasher
03-05-2014, 04:02 PM
C'mon Hibs!

Bristolhibby
03-05-2014, 04:03 PM
So do listen to the game on BBC Scotland or have a media blackout and watch the game on Alba at 22:00?

Not sure my heart will take it any way.

Pleeeeeeese Hibs, cut out the early goals!

J

Hermit Crab
03-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Bumper hibs crowd up there?

DarrenSQH
03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Can't wait to head up. Hope loads of hibs fans make the trip.

Steve20
03-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Butcher has a good record against them.

We'll win.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Stanon's goal today could be HUGE. C'mon Hibs!!

Onion
03-05-2014, 04:34 PM
We need to treat it like a play-off match and go for the win.

emerald green
03-05-2014, 05:01 PM
I hope KT will be fit enough to play, but it didn't look too good when he came off. :pray:

stoneyburn hibs
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
So do listen to the game on BBC Scotland or have a media blackout and watch the game on Alba at 22:00?

Not sure my heart will take it any way.

Pleeeeeeese Hibs, cut out the early goals!

J

Bbc Scotland for me, couldnae wait it out.
Come on Hibs.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 06:23 PM
We need to treat it like a play-off match and go for the win.

:agree: Start Watmore on one side, Harris on t'other and get right at them down the flanks.Craig moves to centre to replace Thomson. Simple :greengrin

Pretty Boy
03-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Hopefully we take a big crowd up there.

Think I'll be toiling to make it but if I can then I'll be there. Huge game.

GreenCastle
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
A win would be massive.

we haven't won in 11 games..

Our last win was against County!!

We have played them 4 times this season willing 3 out of 4 including Scottish Cup game. Other game was a draw.

RoxburghHibs
03-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Technically a draw would be enough as long as we are also above Partick come the weekend.

Ross County play Partick on the final day - so if they are both below us after the midweek games we are safe.

edit: Looking at the table if we were to draw against Ross C and Partick also drew away to Hearts (in mid-week) then we would be safe as long as we don't lose by 2 goals or more on Saturday.....

:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
03-05-2014, 06:55 PM
:agree: Start Watmore on one side, Harris on t'other and get right at them down the flanks.Craig moves to centre to replace Thomson. Simple :greengrin

Harris doesn't deserve a jersey at the moment. Watmore did more in his time on the park than Harris did by a mile. We need fighters out there, unfortunately Harris does not have this in his locker.

eastender1
03-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Technically a draw would be enough as long as we are also above Partick come the weekend.

Ross County play Partick on the final day - so if they are both below us after the midweek games we are safe.

edit: Looking at the table if we were to draw against Ross C and Partick also drew away to Hearts (in mid-week) then we would be safe as long as we don't lose by 2 goals or more on Saturday.....

:greengrin

Don't want to jinx us, but having both Ross County and Partick below us doesn't make us safe. What if they draw and we get nothing against Killie?

AngusHibby
03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Harris doesn't deserve a jersey at the moment. Watmore did more in his time on the park than Harris did by a mile. We need fighters out there, unfortunately Harris does not have this in his locker.
His performance in the Scottish Cup semi-final last year suggests otherwise. Definitely has a part to play

Hibernia Na Eir
03-05-2014, 07:47 PM
A win would be massive.

we haven't won in 11 games..

Our last win was against County!!

We have played them 4 times this season willing 3 out of 4 including Scottish Cup game. Other game was a draw.

Somehow, TB seems to have the better of Ross County. Let's hope it continues.

hibsbollah
03-05-2014, 07:55 PM
On the other hand, if we lose our last two, its almost certainly the playoff.

RoxburghHibs
03-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Don't want to jinx us, but having both Ross County and Partick below us doesn't make us safe. What if they draw and we get nothing against Killie?

If we lose by one goal to Killie then we finish above Partick in that scenario :thumbsup:. As I said as long as we dont lose by 2 goals or more we would be safe (if both our game and the Partick game finish level in midweek)

DAVE1875
03-05-2014, 08:00 PM
After a Yam win tomorrow. A win in Dingwall and hopefully wins for the Yams again & St Mirren on Wednesday will guarantee our safety

Come on Hibs

:flag:

RoxburghHibs
03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
After a Yam win tomorrow. A win in Dingwall and hopefully wins for the Yams again & St Mirren on Wednesday will guarantee our safety

Come on Hibs

:flag:

If we win on Tuesday we are safe regardless of other results :thumbsup:

chrisski33
03-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I dinnae wanna put a dampner on things but i cant see us winning at county

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 08:04 PM

But you did anyway :greengrin

chrisski33
03-05-2014, 08:14 PM
But you did anyway :greengrin

State the obvious

GREEN WARLORD
03-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I can, we are their new bogey team :greengrin

Mr White
03-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I can, we are their new bogey team :greengrin

:agree: played 4 won 3 drawn 1 lost 0 in all comps against them this season.

Jonnyboy
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
State the obvious

Indeed

Hibeesmad
04-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Win on Tuesday puts us 4 points in front of county with a game to play, which means we stay up. Come on the cabbage.

Don't know about anyone else but I would love to send Kilmarnock into the play offs next Saturday if they are still in the position to be put in it.

Ideally though I'd like to see Ross County be put into the play offs and sent down, hate the club, the manager and mostly the long trip to get there!

weonlywon6-2
04-05-2014, 05:15 AM
I have a feeling killie will win today.lets not forget the jambos are still pants and killie have something to fight for

bod
04-05-2014, 07:54 AM
His performance in the Scottish Cup semi-final last year suggests otherwise. Definitely has a part to play

& he's been living off that 1 performance since

lucky
04-05-2014, 08:03 AM
The Yams are desperate to win today to get above us with the points won.

green day
04-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Killie win, they go to eighth.

Doesn't change the requirement to win in dingwall.

What we can't afford is to lose and need to go to final game.......that would be pantwetting time.

Tyler Durden
04-05-2014, 09:43 AM
& he's been living off that 1 performance since

Nonsense.

Watmore was no better than him this week or last either.

bod
04-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Nonsense.

Watmore was no better than him this week or last either.

I never mentioned Watmore.
Harris has never reproduced the form from last season, maybe his injury has something to do with it but to me he bricks it at every challenge, always cuts inside & rarely puts in a decent cross

Tyler Durden
04-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Fair enough but you did suggest he was living off one game - that's a bit silly as he had many excellent performances last season. I'm sure he will recapture that form if we stick with him.

I hope people are a bit more forgiving when Stanton has a poor spell.

bod
04-05-2014, 10:29 AM
hope so too, every player goes through a poor spell, just so happens that our lots are between August & May

rcarter1
04-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Fair enough but you did suggest he was living off one game - that's a bit silly as he had many excellent performances last season. I'm sure he will recapture that form if we stick with him.

I hope people are a bit more forgiving when Stanton has a poor spell.

You mean like yesterday. Stanton had a pretty poor match, so big credit for being in the right place to get the goal. The crowd at times were moaning at him and Harris, but by and large I thought they both plugged away and kept trying to do good things.

emerald green
04-05-2014, 11:04 AM
The Yams are desperate to win today to get above us with the points won.

I hope you're right, cos I'm not so sure they are really all that desperate to win. I don't believe many of them would lose a wink of sleep if by losing today it helps drag us down with them. Before anyone says it, I'm NOT suggesting they would deliberately go out to chuck the game.

SaulGoodman
04-05-2014, 11:07 AM
I hope you're right, cos I'm not so sure they are really all that desperate to win. I don't believe many of them would lose a wink of sleep if by losing today it helps drag us down with them. Before anyone says it, I'm NOT suggesting they would deliberately go out to chuck the game.

Hearts losing won't drag us down with them. It's in our own hands now.

#FromTheCapital
04-05-2014, 11:10 AM
I doubt that any professional footballers would try to lose a game just to harm their rivals chances of staying up. Some of the hearts fans probably won't care if they get beat today though, not that it matters - I'd be the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

stevejordan
04-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Killie win, they go to eighth.

Doesn't change the requirement to win in dingwall.

What we can't afford is to lose and need to go to final game.......that would be pantwetting time.

I Had pedicted a win for us yesterday in the end we got a point the nightmare would be a loss to RC I Think Terry has the Indian sign over Ross County a win up at Dingwall and we are safe i think.

emerald green
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Hearts losing won't drag us down with them. It's in our own hands now.

Sure, it won't literally drag us down with them, but Hearts losing won't help our situation. It will heap even more pressure on Hibs to get that win we desperately need.

The Falcon
04-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Is there a reason that our game is on the Tuesday with the rest playing on Wednesday?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Easier said than done.

Hearts have just pretty done us a favour here and we need to take advantage of that by winning on Tuesday.

oconnors_strip
04-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Is there a reason that our game is on the Tuesday with the rest playing on Wednesday?

Hibs and ross county requested to change it so we have more time to recover and prepare for Saturdays game

The Falcon
04-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Hibs and ross county requested to change it so we have more time to recover and prepare for Saturdays game

If we win it will prove to be an excellent decision. :cb

Ronniekirk
04-05-2014, 03:58 PM

So they obviously both expected to down there fighting it out .Gives Kilmarnock the advantage of knowing what they have to do on the Wednesday but would rather be in our position than killie
s .They seem to be finishing season same way they started it .Wonder if they have had to tell a number of players they can't keep them next season .

duffers
04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Providing Killie don't beat St Mirren by 5 or more goals, 2 draws would also be enough to keep us up I think

Hibbyradge
04-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Providing Killie don't beat St Mirren by 5 or more goals, 2 draws would also be enough to keep us up I think

2 draws would keep us up whatever Killie do.

In fact, if there isn't a 5 goal swing on Tuesday, a loss against County and a draw against Killie would keep Hibs up.

trev the hat
04-05-2014, 04:10 PM
According to the beeb Saints are now safe ?

The result also ensured St Mirren can no longer finish in 11th place and they will be playing Premiership football next season.

dmc1875
04-05-2014, 04:12 PM

The result also ensured St Mirren can no longer finish in 11th place and they will be playing Premiership football next season.

They are :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 04:14 PM

They are !

trev the hat
04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
They are :agree:

They are !

Ta :aok:

KeithTheHibby
04-05-2014, 04:24 PM

He is living off that game, done very little since. I just don't think he has the heart for the battle. Whether that is to do with his injury I don't know however we need a team of fighters and Watmore offers more, simple as.

rcarter1
04-05-2014, 04:26 PM

In fact, if there isn't a 5 goal swing on Tuesday, a loss against County and a draw against Killie would keep Hibs up.

If killie win 6-0 vs st mirren, 2 draws would get us and killie to 37 pts with advantage Killie?

Hibbyradge
04-05-2014, 04:41 PM
If killie win 6-0 vs st mirren, 2 draws would get us and killie to 37 pts with advantage Killie?

Of course, you're right.

In fact, it would only need them to win by 5.

Onion
04-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Maybe someone could summarise the permutations in one place, so we're all clear what a Hibs WLD on Tues and Sat means for us ?

rcarter1
04-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Of course, you're right.

In fact, it would only need them to win by 5.

Just looked at our goals for record… :boo hoo:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Anyone think that if we beat County that it will change peoples opinion of going to the Killie because we'll most likely be safe?

StevieC
04-05-2014, 05:36 PM

I don't think so. Killie could potentially be on 37 points and we'd only be on 36.
It's 2 draws or a win in either of the last two games.

Peevemor
04-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Anyone think that if we beat County that it will change peoples opinion of going to the Killie because we'll most likely be safe?

We'd definitely be safe - 4pts ahead with one game remaining.

Hibernia&Alba
04-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Aye, it's a huge game. I won't be able to make it, but will listen in. I don't suppose it's on the telly?

ekhibee
04-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Win on Tuesday puts us 4 points in front of county with a game to play, which means we stay up. Come on the cabbage.

Don't know about anyone else but I would love to send Kilmarnock into the play offs next Saturday if they are still in the position to be put in it.

Ideally though I'd like to see Ross County be put into the play offs and sent down, hate the club, the manager and mostly the long trip to get there!
Adams is a tosser of the highest order and I'd love to see them go into the playoffs but Johnston is proving to be a **** manager in the SPFL so it looks like Killie to me.

ekhibee
04-05-2014, 06:41 PM
relegation odds:

Killie 6/4
RC 9/5
Thistle 4/1
Hibs 9/2

with Paddy Power.
The odds seem to be for outright relegation, not just who ends up in the playoffs.

Speedy
04-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Don't think that's true...trying to get my head around it at the moment.

Edit: Definitely not true (although it would most likely keep us up).

2 draws gives up 37 points.
Killie would have 34 points and a game against St Mirren. 5 goal win would put them ahead
Ross County would have 35 points and a game against Partick
Partick would have 35 points and a game against Hearts (assuming Partick lose against Ross County)
St Mirren are already safe

portycabbage
05-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Maybe someone could summarise the permutations in one place, so we're all clear what a Hibs WLD on Tues and Sat means for us ?

A) If Hibs win either game, we're safe (even if we lose or draw the other game)

B) If Hibs draw on Tuesday, we want
1) the Yams to beat Partick
and/or
2) Killie to lose to St Mirren.

This would leave us with either-
1) Partick and County both a point behind us. As they play each other on Saturday, only one could then overtake us if they don't draw. If they do draw, we need to only lose by 2 goals to Killie to be above Partick on goal difference. And if Partick lose to the Yams by 2 goals on Wednesday. then we can lose on Saturday by 3 and still be safe. So for every goal that Partick lose by to the Yams, we can afford an extra goal defeat to Killie (if we have taken a point against County).

and/or, 2) Killie 3 points behind us needing at least a 3 goal winning margin against us on Saturday. If they lose midweek by 2 or 3, then they need a 4 goal win against us. So for every 2 goals that Killie lose by to St Mirren, we can afford another goal defeat to Killie on Saturday (if we've got the draw against County).

So if we draw against County, and 1) and/or 2) happens the day after, we can lose by at least 2 goals on Saturday and still stay up.

If both Partick and Killie get draws midweek as well as us (ie 1 and 2 don't happen), then we can lose by 1 against Killie and still be safe. This is because we would be a goal better off than County and on the same points even if they drew with Partick. And if County beat Partick on Saturday, we can lose by a goal more to Killie, depending on how many County win by.

If both Partick and Killie win midweek (and we draw against county), then we can lose v Killie and still be safe, as long as Partick beat County. If County v Partick is a draw then we are still ahead of County on goal difference, provided we only lose by one v Killie.

C) If we lose to County and Partick and Killie win their games, we need to win on Saturday. But Killie need to win on Wednesday to be ahead of us by then, so then a point v them on Saturday would be enough. And if Partick drop points instead midweek, we could still pip them (at least on goal difference) instead, with a draw or narrow defeat v Killie - but this would require Partick to get one or no points over their 2 games.

I'm not sure if this is a summary, or if it's at all comprehensible, but my head's fried now.:faint:

johnrebus
05-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Love all this hypothetical stuff, but the fact is we are a ****ing disgrace to the name Hibernian and deserve to go down.

Hibeesmad
05-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Or we could just keep it simple by beating Ross County and being automatically safe...

SaulGoodman
05-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Love all this hypothetical stuff, but the fact is we are a ****ing disgrace to the name Hibernian and deserve to go down.

:hilarious

MSK
05-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Love all this hypothetical stuff, but the fact is we are a ****ing disgrace to the name Hibernian and deserve to go down.Jeezo ..your posts should come wi a public health warning !! :faint:

Ronniekirk
05-05-2014, 08:07 AM
It's been a difficult time being a Hibby ,and a lot of our problems are self inflicted but in last two games we have deserved more out the game and we are going to have to come up with a performance again on Tuesday night to take something from game .if we do it will be because we Deserve it ,we haven't been getting rub of the green until that late equaliser on Saturday so hopefully it will turn for us now

Pretty Boy
05-05-2014, 08:09 AM

That's the spirit.

Jones28
05-05-2014, 08:14 AM

Go to bed

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2014, 11:18 AM

Steady on, fella. We'll deserve to go down only if we finish eleventh and then lose the play off. It's a bad time, no question, and I'm also amongst the many who are really fed up, but let's hope we've hit the bottom and can start the long road back once survival is assured.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Ach away and do some detecting

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2014, 11:46 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/zuve2u8a.jpg
Look at this possible outcome! Nerves central!!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 11:51 AM

****in hell man :faf:

Yuillsy
05-05-2014, 12:02 PM

We've not been in 11th position at all this season. We have been diabolical lately but our last 2 games have been an improvement despite not picking up full points. We'll see where we are on Saturday afternoon but I'm pretty confident we'll not be in the play-offs.

stevejordan
05-05-2014, 12:10 PM

Is there a scenario we can loose both games and still avoid the play offs ?

lugz
05-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Is there a scenario we can loose both games and still avoid the play offs ?

If Partick lost both games against county and ******

This would depend on us losing by less or same goals as them

portycabbage
05-05-2014, 12:43 PM

We'd know after Wednesday (in that scenario) that only a 3 goal defeat to Killie would send us down, regardless of the other results on Saturday. Still, it would be better if we got the win on Tuesday!

The Sea-gull
05-05-2014, 01:08 PM

This prompted me to look at the real table and (despite the criticism we, fans of other teams and the media give them) we have the 6th best defensive record in the league.

Our goals for count is woeful so it is clear to see why we are where we are. Perhaps, if it wasn't for our overall reasonable defensive record, we would be talking about a last day scrap to avoid 12th place more than a play off fight.

That said, if we had a couple of goalscorers and creators we'd maybe be top 6 and certainly well clear of any relegation chat.

Not sure our defensive record would stand up well in the last 15 or so games though. The number of goals conseded is only better than the league average because of our defensive form earlier in the season.

Definitely the worst season for goal scoring I can recall but not the worst for goals lost.

Nutmegged
05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Im not so sure that our defense is the 6th best, yes we might have the 6th best record but I think thats more down to the set up in our formation, too many times we set up not tp lose rather than to try and win, if we were a bit more positive we'd probably have lost more goals but I also feel we might have won a few more points too boot

Glory Lurker
05-05-2014, 03:44 PM
We're going to win tomorrow. Oh yes.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Have we sold out the away end? I see some folk are situated in the little stand on the left of the away end...

dmc1875
05-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I know a fair few going up that wouldn't normally go to an away game. Expecting a decent crowd.

Franck Stanton
05-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Aye, it's a huge game. I won't be able to make it, but will listen in. I don't suppose it's on the telly?

On Alba at 10.00pm mate

Billy Whizz
05-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Have we sold out the away end? I see some folk are situated in the little stand on the left of the away end...

Sold out? Better not be, I'm getting my tickets at the ground

Hermit Crab
05-05-2014, 05:34 PM

I hope not I've not had a chance to get a ticket!!!!

Billy Whizz
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Just realised that if County beat us, they are safe as well
( sorry if its been covered elsewhere on this thread)

Gatecrasher
05-05-2014, 06:09 PM
So if we lost tomorrow what do we hope for on Wednesday a killie and Partick loss?

Billy Whizz
05-05-2014, 06:32 PM
So if we lies tomorrow what do we hope for on Wednesday a killie and Partick loss?

I presume so, so its in our own hands

rcarter1
05-05-2014, 07:00 PM
The good news is that regardless of how bad things go midweek, we are guaranteed safety if we beat Killie.

S4uzee
05-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know if there are spare seats on supporters buses. I am looking for 2?

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2014, 08:13 PM
On Alba at 10.00pm mate

Cheers. I will listen on radio and then watch the delayed coverage if we get at least a draw!

Respect to the Hibees making the long journey on a Tuesday night, especially those who are working Wednesday. We mustn't lose this game.

stevejordan
06-05-2014, 08:45 PM

jinx

mutley
06-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Need to change this thread title to Beat Killie on Saturday and we stay up !