PDA

View Full Version : Happy Albert Kidd's Day!!

Engels74
03-05-2014, 10:22 AM
28 years ago today, Bobby Ball lookalike Albert Kidd rose out of oblivion to become a legend not only for his two late goals that destroyed Hearts league challenge but because he created those scenes of grown Yams greeting their eyes out :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Phil D. Rolls
03-05-2014, 10:27 AM
28 years ago today, Bobby Ball lookalike Albert Kidd rose out of oblivion to become a legend not only for his two late goals that destroyed Hearts league challenge but because he created those scenes of grown Yams greeting their eyes out :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Nope, a wee bit more detail might help. I thought they won the double that season.

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2014, 10:31 AM
aaaah so that explains the .net happy birthday e-mail :greengrin happy birthday anyway sir Abert of kiddish

Waxy
03-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Happy Albert Kidd day guys, all the best.

emerald green
03-05-2014, 10:44 AM
For any yaks looking in - GIRFUY. :na na:

Chibs
03-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:19 PM
Dungdee need a single point to win promotion. Just imagine their team selection was hampered by illness and they lost out to two goals in the last ten minutes.
The tears would be running down my leg.
MultiQuote

Nice to see that the pain is still there.

GREEN WARLORD
03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
What a fine day that was, forever in Hibernian folklore.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I wasn't even born and I feel like I was there that day!

God bless Albert Kidd. :not worth

Forza Fred
04-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Haven't spoke to Mr Kidd for a few years now, but last heard of still enjoying life in Adelaide

weonlywon6-2
04-05-2014, 05:19 AM
I wasn't even born and I feel like I was there that day!

God bless Albert Kidd. :not worth

Well for us old folk that were at easter road that day, we will never forget,big gordon rae coming over to the east and asking the score !!!

Never knew relief like it !!

Hibernia&Alba
04-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Sir Albert will always be a legend and a great man. I never get tired of watching the highlights of that game.

wookie70
05-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Well for us old folk that were at easter road that day, we will never forget,big gordon rae coming over to the east and asking the score !!!

Never knew relief like it !! everyone huddled round radios and it felt like Hibs had played like Barcelona

southsider
05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
everyone huddled round radios and it felt like Hibs had played like Barcelona
I was in the old North Enclosure and the place went mad as guys with their trannies relayed the score. We were losing 2-1 to Dundee Uth but nobody gave a hoot. A couple of female friends went to Forth Road Bridge and waved at the returning jambo's. Dont know how they were not thrown off !

Deansy
05-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Tbh, the fact that 'Sir Albert Kidd-Day' still exists is mainly down to the maroon-muppets themselves. When the possibility of them winning the league first appeared possible, they had the support of plenty of the 'old school' Hibees (gentlemen) with the 'better a team from Edinburgh win it, than a Glasgow one' attitude. That support for them gradually diminished as the 'maroon-mouth's went into hyper-drive - some of the guff they came out with was just unbelievable. When the stories of the 'Champions 85-86' T-shirts came out, that wiped out the last of the 'old-school'. Today's average 'maroon-Mong' is no different with their team that most of them couldn't wait to see the back-off, for most of the season, now on a run that has them now proclaiming they'll walk the championship - they just can't help themselves !

GIRFUY's - back to where ye's belong !!!

Waxy
05-05-2014, 11:06 AM
I was in the old North Enclosure and the place went mad as guys with their trannies relayed the score. We were losing 2-1 to Dundee Uth but nobody gave a hoot. A couple of female friends went to Forth Road Bridge and waved at the returning jambo's. Dont know how they were not thrown off !
I was at the match and i never saw any trannies. I must have thought they were woman. I was so nieve back then.

EastCalderHibby
05-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Tbh, the fact that 'Sir Albert Kidd-Day' still exists is mainly down to the maroon-muppets themselves. When the possibility of them winning the league first appeared possible, they had the support of plenty of the 'old school' Hibees (gentlemen) with the 'better a team from Edinburgh win it, than a Glasgow one' attitude. That support for them gradually diminished as the 'maroon-mouth's went into hyper-drive - some of the guff they came out with was just unbelievable. When the stories of the 'Champions 85-86' T-shirts came out, that wiped out the last of the 'old-school'. Today's average 'maroon-Mong' is no different with their team that most of them couldn't wait to see the back-off, for most of the season, now on a run that has them now proclaiming they'll walk the championship - they just can't help themselves !

GIRFUY's - back to where ye's belong !!!

:top marks
you are so right and the championes ***** they sang wonder if they still know the words for when they romp the championship next year
ah well at least they won the cup that year did'nt they oh wait :na na:
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Future17
31-01-2015, 10:00 AM
I was at the match and i never saw any trannies. I must have thought they were woman. I was so nieve back then.

I'm not sure this was deliberate but, if so, well played sir! :greengrin

Can any of our antipodean members confirm whether it is Sir Albert who is currently joint-coach of Adelaide Olympic?

From info online, it looks like him but hard to be sure.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Was this the one when the "famous" did their famous double that now gives rise to them calling themselves "the Famous" :confused:

Flanny boy
31-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Was this the one when the "famous" did their famous double that now gives rise to them calling themselves "the Famous" :confused:
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

superfurryhibby
31-01-2015, 10:34 AM
I was in the East that day. The place went nuts when Dundee scored . I do remember players being distracted by the uproar in what was otherwise a tedious end of season defeat from Utd. I think everyone knew Celtic were cruising it v St Mirren and when word got round about Kidd's goal it was time for lift off. A never to be forgotten afternoon.

Itsnoteasy
31-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Every day is an Albert Kidd day

Forza Fred
31-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure this was deliberate but, if so, well played sir! :greengrin

Can any of our antipodean members confirm whether it is Sir Albert who is currently joint-coach of Adelaide Olympic?

From info online, it looks like him but hard to be sure.

Duly confirmed

thebakerboy
31-01-2015, 08:28 PM
I was in the East that day. The place went nuts when Dundee scored . I do remember players being distracted by the uproar in what was otherwise a tedious end of season defeat from Utd. I think everyone knew Celtic were cruising it v St Mirren and when word got round about Kidd's goal it was time for lift off. A never to be forgotten afternoon.

The Utd. keeper dropped the ball and then picked it up again and I think I was the only one shouting for a free kick to Hibs , the ref just waved play on. But OMG the joy of that day.

Forza Fred
31-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Every day is an Albert Kidd day

And in 2005 at a special function in Melbourne I had the honour of presenting Sir Albert with the Oz Branch of the Ssupporters Association's Player of the Year certificate for season 85/86

Retrospectively awarded obviously, but as the song goes...Oh What A Night....

FranckSuzy
31-01-2015, 10:05 PM
And in 2005 at a special function in Melbourne I had the honour of presenting Sir Albert with the Oz Branch of the Ssupporters Association's Player of the Year certificate for season 85/86

:tee hee: :not worth

Sir David Gray
31-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Richly deserved, I'd say. :agree:

Deansy
01-02-2015, 09:33 AM
We always 'treated' ourselves to a seat in the stand for the last game of the season. Sitting there, Joe Tortolano runs into the box, boot primed to unleash the ball into the Dundee Utd net and BANG - ER erupted !!. I think every man and his dog had their radio with them that day. In all the celebrations and uproar, Tortolano (and the rest of the team) stopped, taken aback by the sudden roar but not Utd - one of their players was alert enough and nicked-in to take the ball, 2\3 quick passes upfield and the ball was in our net !!. Strangely enough, not one solitary ounce of XXXX was given !!