PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Baptie

RC1875
01-05-2014, 10:37 PM
I genuinely do not know how baptie has not been called up to first team yet, he takes every set piece (bar pens) and has an execellent delivery, can pick a good pass, excellent going forward and a solid full back especially when mcgivern is rotten at Left Back

CropleyWasGod
01-05-2014, 10:44 PM
I genuinely do not know how baptie has not been called up to first team yet, he takes every set piece (bar pens) and has an execellent delivery, can pick a good pass, excellent going forward and a solid full back especially when mcgivern is rotten at Left Back

You'll get your chance, Ryan. :wink:

Ronniekirk
01-05-2014, 10:49 PM

Because T B thinks his experienced first Team Players are the ones to get us three points .Its beyond me how he or black haven't at least been on bench to bring on .He goes on about not having right blend but for me he is sticking with some players who in last six games have not shown they are right players to drag us out this mess we are in and McGivern is one of them but now we only have three games left don't think he will will throw in a young player untried now

truehibernian
01-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Should have been in the side along with Black - around 6 games ago !

StarMan10
02-05-2014, 01:01 AM
I'll play devils advocate, and say that Butcher may be wary about putting them in a side low on confidence in the fear it may affect their progress (could maybe look at Booth as a possible example of this) Can see them being involved heavily during pre-season

EdinMike
02-05-2014, 01:28 AM
I'll play devils advocate, and say that Butcher may be wary about putting them in a side low on confidence in the fear it may affect their progress (could maybe look at Booth as a possible example of this) Can see them being involved heavily during pre-season

Not saying you (or I subsequently) are right here, but if you were playing well for the U20 week in week out and you see the first team struggling.

Wouldn't you be asking "Well, where is my shot to put this right ?!" Couldn't that be almost considered a kick in the "Confidence" ?!

At the end of the day, as long as the results are right in the next week or so I'll be happy.

Brooster
02-05-2014, 05:45 AM
If I were picking the team I wouldn't have Baptie in the first team at the moment. He will get his chance soon enough if he remains focused. He struggled a bit on Tuesday against a tricky winger. .a game where TB stood on his own at the LB touchline for all the whole game. I would keep Mcgivern at LB where I thought he played well last week. Black at RB on the other hand I would have him in right now - excellent player who shows great commitment.

cat1875
02-05-2014, 05:45 AM
unfortunately we find ourselves in a bad position the last 3 games or we would have seen baptie/black involved I'm sure in the run in
they have both done enough u20 level and should feature pre season, no point putting them in with no 1st team experience just now especially with the boo boys slating anyone that dares make 1 mistake !!!

steviehibsleith
02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
The question is how well does he do when training with the first team ? I'm sure he has been and they play in house bounce games, there is a huge difference between playing well at under 20s and SPL first team.

oconnors_strip
02-05-2014, 09:43 AM

Ryan does take the penalties for the under 20s and east of scotland team. I don't have the exact stats to hand but he scored something like 8 out of 10 penalties this season

Onceinawhile
02-05-2014, 10:13 AM
The trend for anointing Baptie and Black as the saviours of our defence is worrying. Build them up too much and people will be expecting top class performances week in week out, and when that doesn't happen, the same people will be desperate to get on their backs as pish and not good enough.

LancsHibs
02-05-2014, 10:19 AM
I think and hope that we will see a lot of Baptie & Black next season

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Although I've not seen a great deal of Black or Baptie, I think a defence of...

GK

Black...Forster...Hanlon...Baptie/Booth

has potential to do well next season. Young and dynamic. Something we've not had in defence for almost a decade now

Mark79
02-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Wonder if terry might play them in last fixture if we are safe by then?

Iggy Pope
02-05-2014, 01:01 PM
If I were picking the team I wouldn't have Baptie in the first team at the moment. He will get his chance soon enough if he remains focused. He struggled a bit on Tuesday against a tricky winger. .a game where TB stood on his own at the LB touchline for all the whole game. I would keep Mcgivern at LB where I thought he played well last week. Black at RB on the other hand I would have him in right now - excellent player who shows great commitment.

Agree 100%.
Sold himself a couple of times on Tuesday and was left blowing out his backside too far up the park.
An undoubted talent but far too early.

Black at RB though. Tenacious and diligent. Good tackler and passer of the ball.

emerald green
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
One thing is without doubt IMO, with the odd exception, the players who have been making up Hibs back four, for several seasons now, have been murder. Out of the present squad, if we play a back four containing say Maybury, Nelson, and McPake, there is absolutely no pace there at all. I don't know much about the young lads to be honest, and given the predicament he finds himself in Butcher has some hard choices about who he plays in the back four. He can't do anything about the absences of Hanlon & Forster.

Bronson
02-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Although I've not seen a great deal of Black or Baptie, I think a defence of...

GK

Black...Forster...Hanlon...Baptie/Booth

has potential to do well next season. Young and dynamic. Something we've not had in defence for almost a decade now

I agree, although I think it's crucial to have some experience at the back in particular so I would definitely be looking to bring someone in this summer.

gegs70
02-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Really good player and lots of energy. If he's better than we have don't see why we shouldn't use him
..although there is a lot of pressure in these games perhaps if we are mathematically safe after the Ross County game they could put h on for the killie game?

J-C
02-05-2014, 07:20 PM
I had his sister and her boyfriend in the cab a couple of weeks ago, she was saying he's been frustrated but understands he needs to bide his time, hopefully will get his chance soon.

truehibernian
02-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm incredulous Black hasn't played - bewildering !

I posted months back that Ryan has a tendency to get caught out positionally but his energy, dead ball delivery and composure are second to none. Wee bit arrogant I'm told but I think that's what Hibs players need - channelled in the right way.

Jonnyboy
02-05-2014, 10:09 PM
TB thinks highly of them both and when we're safe we might just see them get a game