PDA

View Full Version : Rod Petrie getting involved

Hibeesmad
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Interesting from Butcher. Does anyone think this will help the team?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473527/Chairman-s-choice-words-rally-Hibees?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Iain G
02-05-2014, 01:23 AM
Maybe I missed it elsewhere this week but there is mention of Eddie May coming in to head up our youth setup in this article...

Nailrod
02-05-2014, 07:47 AM
"Thanks Terry. Ok lads now pay attention... This is the way I see it. Err... for the accounts to remain in balance, a change in one account must be matched with a change in another account. These changes are made by debits and credits to the accounts. Whether one uses a debit or credit to increase or decrease an account depends on the normal balance of the account. Umm... Assets, Expenses, and Drawings accounts, on the left side of the equation, have a normal balance of debit. Liability, Revenue, and Capital accounts, on the right side of the equation, have a normal balance of credit. Remember that on a general ledger, debits are recorded on the left side and credits on the right side for each account. Since the accounts must always balance, for each transaction there will be a debit made to one or several accounts and a credit made to one or several accounts. Obviously, the sum of all debits made in each day's transactions must equal the sum of all credits in those transactions. That means that after a series of transactions, the sum of all the accounts with a debit balance will equal the sum of all the accounts with a credit balance... Ok Terry that's me done for now. Next week we'll work on a real example with an excel spreadsheet..." Allegedly :wink:

Bostonhibby
02-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Allegedly :wink:

Come on though, how else are we going to be able to build that 5th stand as we march toward the accountants dream of a stand for every remaining fan? :wink:

greenpaper55
02-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Hope this link works http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473527/Chairman-s-choice-words-rally-Hibees

Wee bit at the end about May.

marinello59
02-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Interesting from Butcher. Does anyone think this will help the team?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473527/Chairman-s-choice-words-rally-Hibees?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Terry Butcher thought it would help the team and believes it did. An unusual move but if it has helped to bring the club together as a whole when it needs to then well done to both men.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Terry Butcher thought it would help the team and believes it did. An unusual move but if it has helped to bring the club together at as a whole when it needs to then well done to both men.

:agree:

Spike Mandela
02-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Think the speech went something like this............

http://youtu.be/WO4tIrjBDkk

emerald green
02-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Anything which helps the club in its current predicament, no matter where from or whom from, can only be welcomed IMO.

oregonhibby
02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
We were beaten!

marinello59
02-05-2014, 08:56 AM
We were beaten!

After a better performance than we have been used to recently though. It's not much I know but it is something to build on. At this present moment in time I will take any positive that's going and I hope the team do as well.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Last manager walks because he's lost the dressing room, they stopped listening to him. Current manager takes over and plunges us into a relegation battle and needs help from the guy who brought him in to better the last guys team.

Only at Hibs, and only at Hibs would we call Petries rallying call a success after another defeat.

Who's next, Al pacino?

Keith_M
02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
We need this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ZHVFSQECs

emerald green
02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Only at Hibs, and only at Hibs would we call Petries rallying call a success after another defeat.

It wasn't a success, if it's measured on that one game only. All I'm saying is anything that does help in the overall scheme of things is to be welcomed. Only time will tell. Better to be pro-active and do something, rather than sit and do nothing when we are in the s***?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Butcher out, Rod in :duck:

marinello59
02-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Last manager walks because he's lost the dressing room, they stopped listening to him. Current manager takes over and plunges us into a relegation battle and needs help from the guy who brought him in to better the last guys team.

Who's next, Al pacino?

That's quite a spin to put on things.:rolleyes:
Tell you what BH, you wallow in all the negatives you want and if we don't get out of this then you can wallow in it even more whilst telling us that you told us so.

Jones28
02-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Butcher out, Rod in :duck:

Petrie out, Petrie in

Jones28
02-05-2014, 09:43 AM

Who's next, Al pacino?

All this constant negativity is so ****ing BORING

Weir7
02-05-2014, 09:56 AM

Who's next, Al pacino?

Good post.

Thats why we are rubbish. A loosers mentality runs through the club, starting from farmer and petrie.

Weir7
02-05-2014, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=Hibeesmad;3991694]Interesting from Butcher. Does anyone think this will help the team?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473527/Chairman-s-choice-words-rally-Hibees?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29[/QUOTE

Also brought in john Brownlie. Another example of the mess
Club is in. Petrie doing a team talk to players.

For me highlights that butcher has lost the plot.

Northernhibee
02-05-2014, 10:02 AM
The levels of "I told you so"ism on here when Butcher has us comfortable in the top half next season are going to be enjoyable.

marinello59
02-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Good post.

Thats why we are rubbish. A loosers mentality runs through the club, starting from farmer and petrie.

Maybe Butcher should just give up and do nothing then and just join you in accepting that we are doomed.

Northernhibee
02-05-2014, 10:04 AM

Who's next, Al pacino?

The chairman for once is backing up his manager.

When was the last time you did that?

Scotty-1875
02-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Think the speech went something like this............

http://youtu.be/WO4tIrjBDkk

watched this film the other night and kept thinking if I sounded like Al Pacino I'd be in the dressing room at Easter Road giving this speech word for word :agree:

Nailrod
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
The levels of "I told you so"ism on here when Butcher has us comfortable in the top half next season are going to be enjoyable. Of the First Division?

Nailrod
02-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Terry Butcher thought it would help the team and believes it did. An unusual move but if it has helped to bring the club together as a whole when it needs to then well done to both men.I'm pretty sure you're right about this, and unfortunately it's part of the problem. HFC as an organisation is far too small for any part of the club to be remote from any other part of the club.

The Chairman should constantly be in touch with the players, not interfering with but supporting the manager, and the manager should constantly be looking to the chairman to be involved and providing him with active backing and support.

I suspect there are rather a lot of dinosaurs in football who wouldn't really understand that concept, and I very much doubt that that has been the scheme of things at ER over the last seven years.

The_Horde
02-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Of the First Division?

We're getting relegated 2 divisions? :wink:

KeithTheHibby
02-05-2014, 10:26 AM
I would imagine the new CEO will be spending quite a bit of time down at the training centre next season as I think that is where a lot of our problems are.

Spike Mandela
02-05-2014, 10:34 AM
watched this film the other night and kept thinking if I sounded like Al Pacino I'd be in the dressing room at Easter Road giving this speech word for word :agree:

Could you imagine Rod Petrie giving a speech like that?

Makes me chuckle thinking of Rod delivering it ".....that's gonna be the ****ing difference between winning and losing, between living and dying....":greengrin

WestEndHibee
02-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Who's next, Al pacino?

This constant stream of negativity is really getting boring.

Anyone in their right mind could see the improvements on Sunday, it wasn't a success but it was a massive step in the right direction against the form team in the league.

Bobby's Cinema
02-05-2014, 10:39 AM

Anyone in their right mind could see the improvements on Sunday, it wasn't a success but it was a massive step in the right direction against the form team in the league.
:clapper::clapper::clapper:

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 10:47 AM

The constant stream of losing games while creating nowt is boring, not getting boring. And as for seeing improvement on Sunday, clearly it was not nearly enough to beat the worst Hearts team in my living memory. And as for it being a massive step in the right direction, FFS are you for real?

Weir7
02-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Maybe Butcher should just give up and do nothing then and just join you in accepting that we are doomed.

Butcher giving up and resigning would be excellent.

Craig_in_Prague
02-05-2014, 11:00 AM
The constant stream of losing games while creating nowt is boring, not getting boring. And as for seeing improvement on Sunday, clearly it was not nearly enough to beat the worst Hearts team in my living memory. And as for it being a massive step in the right direction, FFS are you for real?

After 5 defeats in a row by 2 goal margins; We lost only by 1 FFS.

Can't you see the progress here?

:)

WestEndHibee
02-05-2014, 11:09 AM

So comparing the performance against St Mirren and the Performance against Hearts you didn't see any improvement? The difference was huge.

And at this current time Hearts are nowhere near their worst "team" in living memory. They're full of terrible players but as a team they're on a high and getting results. Aberdeen who are in a major battle for second place couldn't beat a 10 man Hearts and going by form they're top of the league.

silverhibee
02-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Petrie starts tomorrow, you heard it here first, upfront with Cummings.

Nailrod
02-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Anyone in their right mind could see the improvements on Sunday, it wasn't a success but it was a massive step in the right direction against the form team in the league.This is a perfect indication of what years of serial failure reduce you to. The form team in the league is, as BH points out, the worst Hearts team in living memory (and in my case that's fifty years of supporting Hibs).

The minimal improvement apparent on Sunday when we were beaten by Hearts for the fourth time this season, at ER, was not a 'massive step in the right direction'. It was a tiny straw to clutch at for people who now have an expectation of failure ingrained into them, as the waves of relegation wash over us with increasing force.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
So comparing the performance against St Mirren and the Performance against Hearts you didn't see any improvement? The difference was huge.

And at this current time Hearts are nowhere near their worst "team" in living memory. They're full of terrible players but as a team they're on a high and getting results. Aberdeen who are in a major battle for second place couldn't beat a 10 man Hearts and going by form they're top of the league.

Seen it heard it all before far too many times. And while all this is happening, Hibs lose again.

RIP
02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Only at Hibs, and only at Hibs would we call Petries rallying call a success after another defeat

Only at Hibs would we:-

Suggest that the chairman giving a pep talk to the players was anything other than a good thing
Believe that attempts at unity during a time of adversity were to be laughed at
Think that it was a good time to be critical of the club on openly accessible social media
Assume that the Chairman loves the Hibees any less than us

Like you Gary I've been openly critical of the underperformance of the chairman, board and management of the football club. They got WAAAY to corporate and the business model became more like a version of Rangers rather than a version of Motherwell or St Johnstone.

I look forward to our future as a community club with the Hibernian Family all under one 'roof', interacting freely and with a strong bond of unity taking us forward.

GGTTH

Nailrod
02-05-2014, 11:13 AM

And at this current time Hearts are nowhere near their worst "team" in living memory. They're full of terrible players but as a team they're on a high and getting results. Aberdeen who are in a major battle for second place couldn't beat a 10 man Hearts and going by form they're top of the league.They're only 'on a high and getting results' because every time they play us we obligingly roll over and provide a boost to their confidence.

Craig_in_Prague
02-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Petrie starts tomorrow, you heard it here first, upfront with Cummings.

Fantachetic

Northern Hibby
02-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Really don't give a **** who Butcher brings in to give a talk, bring in an ex Jambo to tell them what they think of us and how beating us is everything to them, I don't believe our world should revolve round hating hearts (ok on a very base level I do), but I'd try anything to galvanise a team with a fighting mentality, bring in players from all other SPL teams and let them tell us how soft they think we are, and how they enjoy playing at East Road, then ask the team what you gonna do about it.

:yw:
:take that
:jmcp:

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Only at Hibs would we:-

Suggest that the chairman giving a pep talk to the players was anything other than a good thing
Believe that attempts at unity during a time of adversity were to be laughed at
Think that it was a good time to be critical of the club on openly accessible social media
Assume that the Chairman loves the Hibees any less than us

Like you Gary I've been openly critical of the underperformance of the chairman, board and management of the football club. They got WAAAY to corporate and the business model became more like a version of Rangers rather than a version of Motherwell or St Johnstone.

I look forward to our future as a community club with the Hibernian Family all under one 'roof', interacting freely and with a strong bond of unity taking us forward.

GGTTH

Only at Hibs no ****er believes a word that comes out of Petries mouth. If he told me today was Friday i'd double check the calendar.

flash
02-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Seen it heard it all before far too many times. And while all this is happening, Hibs lose again.

You didn't answer his question. Was it an improvement?

Bobby's Cinema
02-05-2014, 11:16 AM
This is a perfect indication of what years of serial failure reduce you to. The form team in the league is, as BH points out, the worst Hearts team in living memory (and in my case that's fifty years of supporting Hibs).

The minimal improvement apparent on Sunday when we were beaten by Hearts for the fourth time this season, at ER, was not a 'massive step in the right direction'. It was a tiny straw to clutch at for people who now have an expectation of failure ingrained into them, as the waves of relegation wash over us with increasing force.
Absolutely. Only one thing matters in a derby ffs. at 0-2 the games as good as over, as it has been the last five weeks.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 11:17 AM
You didn't answer his question. Was it an improvement?

Never saw the St Mirren game, but yes it was a huge improvement. We only lost by one goal, so yes a vast improvement on previous games, perhaps we might be drawing some soon if Petrie is joined by STF at the weekend?

Captain Trips
02-05-2014, 11:18 AM

There was a difference but what about the difference from the last time we beat Hearts and the week before beating Kilmarnock those performances were better than St Mirren and then Sunday v Hearts. We are swings and roundabouts winning the odd game here and there so going by that we are likely to pick up a win in the last 3 games. We shouldnt be on a now 6 game losing run that was for the early weeks we should be improving even if a little. So from a small winng streak to know we have got worse.

What do you then make of the diffrences from end of December start of January until now out of interest?

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 11:19 AM
There was a difference but what about the difference from the last time we beat Hearts and the week before beating Kilmarnock those performances were better than St Mirren and then Sunday v Hearts. We are swings and roundabouts winning the odd game here and there so going by that we are likely to pick up a win in the last 3 games.

What do you then make of the diffrences from end of December start of January until now out of interest?

Now thats a huge difference if ever i saw one.

WestEndHibee
02-05-2014, 11:27 AM
This is a perfect indication of what years of serial failure reduce you to. The form team in the league is, as BH points out, the worst Hearts team in living memory (and in my case that's fifty years of supporting Hibs).

The form team in the league is the best performing team in the league, no matter who it is. As a team they are not the worst in living memory at the moment. They were earlier in the season when we played them but not now.

I'm not sure why you have an "expectation of failure ingrained" into you, maybe just take a more positive outlook on Hibs and see positives when they present themselves. Compare the performances against a 10 man st mirren and an 11 man hearts and the difference is massive, we're by no means where we should be but if we've made the same rate of improvement this week then IMO we'll win tomorrow.

WestEndHibee
02-05-2014, 11:35 AM
There was a difference but what about the difference from the last time we beat Hearts and the week before beating Kilmarnock those performances were better than St Mirren and then Sunday v Hearts. We are swings and roundabouts winning the odd game here and there so going by that we are likely to pick up a win in the last 3 games. We shouldnt be on a now 6 game losing run that was for the early weeks we should be improving even if a little. So from a small winng streak to know we have got worse.

No I agree with you. It seems that since we were 2-0 up against Dundee Utd we have capitulated as a team, it has been absolutely horrible to watch and we shouldn't be where we are.

But on Sunday, for the first time in what feels like a very long time I wasn't bored watching Hibs, I was actually getting excited. The team didn't bottle it after they went 2-0 down they got up and tried to get on with it. Unfortunately it was too late but that for me showed signs of improvement that, if continued, will save us from relegation.

I'm not a full on happy clapper, I'm just against complete negativity and reluctance to see positives.

greenpaper55
02-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Two set pieces did for us which should be sortable by the coaches, we were better than THEM for long periods and never deserved to lose that one, the confidence is shot and not losing the first goal would be a massive boost, also Robertson back makes a huge difference.

Sammy7nil
02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
The form team in the league is the best performing team in the league, no matter who it is. As a team they are not the worst in living memory at the moment. They were earlier in the season when we played them but not now.

I'm not sure why you have an "expectation of failure ingrained" into you, maybe just take a more positive outlook on Hibs and see positives when they present themselves. Compare the performances against a 10 man st mirren and an 11 man hearts and the difference is massive, we're by no means where we should be but if we've made the same rate of improvement this week then IMO we'll win tomorrow.

I will chuck in my 2 pence worth.

Simple answer was last weeks performance an an improvement - Yes
However answers are never that simple, we were beaten for the 4th time by a very average Hearts team who over the course of the season to date have proved they are the worst team in the league. Hibs created very little and failed to to put Hearts under any presure in the final 20 minutes after pulling it back to 2 - 1. If you want to clutch at straws there was an improvement if you want to be honest Hibs were very poor and played Hoofball which ultimately FAILED.

Strangely, I am looking forward to tomorrow and hope the tiny improvement from last week can be built upon. I hope that for at least 20 minutes of the 90 Hibs can dictate play, create and hopefully score more than one goal. Not a lot to ask for and that WOULD be improvement.

Bobby's Cinema
02-05-2014, 11:45 AM

However answers are never that simple, we were beaten for the 4th time by a very average Hearts team who over the course of the season to date have proved they are the worst team in the league. Hibs created very little and failed to to put Hearts under any presure in the final 20 minutes after pulling it back to 2 - 1. If you want to clutch at straws there was an improvement if you want to be honest Hibs were very poor and played Hoofball which ultimately FAILED.

Strangely, I am looking forward to tomorrow and hope the tiny improvement from last week can be built upon. I hope that for at least 20 minutes of the 90 Hibs can dictate play, create and hopefully score more than one goal. Not a lot to ask for and that WOULD be improvement.
Sums it up pretty well :agree:

WestEndHibee
02-05-2014, 11:45 AM

Yeh I'd actually agree with all of that. "massive step" was a bit of hyperbole at a second look.

Anyway, lets hope we can improve again to save the season!

Fergus52
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM

Don't be silly, then we'd have nothing to moan about :greengrin

Onceinawhile
02-05-2014, 12:30 PM

They've picked up more points than Kilmarnock, and the same as us, Partick Thistle and Ross County. So Killie have so far proved themselves to be the worst in the league.

Deansy
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
'I think we’ll try and do that more with directors and supporters next year and let people see what the players do and how we actually go about our work'

No matter what league we end up in - THAT should be a regular feature at Hibs !!

The Falcon
02-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Did Mourinho not threaten to field a weakened team v Liverpool to concentrate on the Champions League and had to check with his Board to see if it was ok with them to do so?

jacomo
02-05-2014, 02:30 PM
'I think we’ll try and do that more with directors and supporters next year and let people see what the players do and how we actually go about our work'

No matter what league we end up in - THAT should be a regular feature at Hibs !!

I agree, but if we're relegated it won't be TB in charge, surely.

Anyone else astonished that Rod had never seen training before? I am.

(((Fergus)))
02-05-2014, 02:34 PM

He could do with using the centre himself. Maybe start with some press-ups.

Hearts game was a derby so not a real gauge. Next game will tell.

greenpaper55
02-05-2014, 02:36 PM

I was a bit taken aback with that as well until i realised he wouldnae have a clue if they were training properly or not !.

mcfly
02-05-2014, 02:44 PM

Regardless what we think of the current crop of players, they are all we have got.

Most won't be at Easter road next season but let's put that aside and our personal feelings about them and get behind the team on Saturday.

The negativity and abuse from the stands is getting to the embarrassing stage and fans must get behind the team

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Regardless what we think of the current crop of players, they are all we have got.

Most won't be at Easter road next season but let's put that aside and our personal feelings about them and get behind the team on Saturday.

The negativity and abuse from the stands is getting to the embarrassing stage and fans must get behind the team

I must be mad but i will be at the game giving my support, but i will continue to say it as i see it on this message board.

Beefster
02-05-2014, 02:50 PM
The levels of "I told you so"ism on here when Butcher has us comfortable in the top half next season are going to be enjoyable.

Maybe, when we're doing well next season, we can all just revel in it instead of trying to score points over fellow supporters who, despite possibly having different outlooks on stuff from you/I, still just want the best for the club?

jonty
02-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Given we're told on here that he's the root of all evil, interferes with the squad and brings general doom and gloom to the place, yes.
If he has no ambition or positivity then how the hell could he give a 'ra ra' speech.

TBH they can print what they want. I just want to see hibs get 3pts - winning ugly or otherwise.

ekhibee
02-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I must be mad but i will be at the game giving my support, but i will continue to say it as i see it on this message board.
Glad to hear you're going to the game, then you can continue to say it as you see it on the pitch and not what you see on this message board. You're opinions are always interesting and worth listening to even if generally I totally disagree with virtually all of them recently.

The_Sauz
02-05-2014, 05:14 PM

Really :confused:
What about the Hearts teams that have been relegated in the past 50 years, and who have not had any points taken off them? In you're opinion, do you think Aberdeen are poor, as they have yet to beat Hearts!

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Really :confused:
What about the Hearts teams that have been relegated in the past 50 years, and who have not had any points taken off them? In you're opinion, do you think Aberdeen are poor, as they have yet to beat Hearts!

The standard of this Hibs side is terrible, the standard of Scottish football is terrible. Since i started watching Hibs in the late 60s, i'd say without doubt this is the worst standard of football in Scotland i have witnessed, and consequently the worst Hearts team i have seen.

beensaidbefore
03-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Perhaps the purpose was to say 'hey guys, get the effing finger out! otherwise some of the folk who have been making your stay at Hibs a pleasant one will be out of a job', type thing. Cos lets face it, relegation would mean cuts somewhere within the club, and playing staff wouldn't be an option if we wanted back out in one go, so it would be elsewhere first, ie youth and backroom.