PDA

View Full Version : BBC predict we will finish 11 th

Hibs7
01-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Maybe Terry should let the players read this. !

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27230739

Weststandwanab
01-05-2014, 04:30 PM

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27230739 I predict we will not finish 11th !

Hermit Crab
01-05-2014, 04:30 PM

What do they know. They think "rangers" still exist.

The Green Goblin
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
What do they know. They think "rangers" still exist.

They still think The the Rangers still exist :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-05-2014, 04:34 PM
They still think The the Rangers still exist :greengrin

:tee hee:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-05-2014, 04:34 PM
The bbc are a bunch of amateurish clowns who know **** all.

weonlywon6-2
01-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Can they predict the lottery numbers for tomorrow night,that would be better

Pete
01-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Pin it to the wall. Every little helps as it's time for a siege mentality.

There are so many people who are desperate for us to fail and it's going to be so sweet when we stick two fingers up at them.

**** them all! :thumbsup:

3pm
01-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Just because someone works at the BBC doesn't make them any more qualified to give an opinion than anyone on here.

The lucky sods just get paid for it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I would only believe it if Paul the octopus predicted it:agree:

Bayern Bru
01-05-2014, 04:45 PM
It was someone at the BBC who predicted Everton would finish in the 16th in the EPL this season.

Good to see their footballing savvy extends throughout the British Isles.

Pretty Boy
01-05-2014, 04:45 PM
They'll no doubt predict Endland will win the World Cup as well.

That's not going to happen either though.

hibsbollah
01-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Tom English predicted we would finish 11th on Sportsound the other night, while describing Easter Road as 'the football equivalent of the twilight zone'. He said he couldn't see where the next goal was coming from, let alone the next win.

I was going to be outraged but then I remembered I've said very similar things myself:cb

Gus Fring
01-05-2014, 05:11 PM
"[Goodwin] was sent off in the recent 2-1 win over Hibernian"

Can't even be bothered double checking the score.

erin go bragh
01-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Well the bookies dont agree . They have Killie and the Jags both fav at 2-1 . Were priced at 5-1 . Bunch of jackie dannys at the bbc .

Ggtth

emerald green
01-05-2014, 05:41 PM
The article was written by someone called Richard Wilson. Does anyone know what his football expertise is based on? Who did he play for? How many medals did he win?

Aldo
01-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Tbh I don't give a flying F what the BBC write. I've had enough of their anti Hibs bias over the years and for me they can GTF.

Simple as that.

Weststandwanab
01-05-2014, 05:52 PM
They still think The the Rangers still exist :greengrin:wink:

The bbc are a bunch of amateurish clowns who know **** all. I think you should get of that fence.

They'll no doubt predict Endland will win the World Cup as well.

That's not going to happen either though. More chance of England wining.

Well the bookies dont agree . They have Killie and the Jags both fav at 2-1 . Were priced at 5-1 . Bunch of jackie dannys at the bbc .

Ggtth I trust a bookie more than I trust the B.B.C.

The article was written by someone called Richard Wilson. Does anyone know what his football expertise is based on? Who did he play for? How many medals did he win? I don't believe it.

oneone73
01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
The article was written by someone called Richard Wilson. Does anyone know what his football expertise is based on? Who did he play for? How many medals did he win?

Until recently, he was chief football writer of The Herald.

emerald green
01-05-2014, 06:01 PM
:wink:
I don't believe it.

:greengrin

emerald green
01-05-2014, 06:02 PM

Thanks for that.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-05-2014, 06:32 PM

Didnt the Italians/Spanish serve him up as calamari after he popped his tentacles?

Phil D. Rolls
01-05-2014, 06:34 PM

No flies on them, eh?

Beefster
01-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Tom English predicted we would finish 11th on Sportsound the other night, while describing Easter Road as 'the football equivalent of the twilight zone'. He said he couldn't see where the next goal was coming from, let alone the next win.

I was going to be outraged but then I remembered I've said very similar things myself:cb

This is the thing. We have countless folk on here saying we're actually going down every day. A reporter says that we're going to finish in the play-off place and everyone is outraged.

CallumLaidlaw
01-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Is anyone surprised by this prediction really? Worst form in the league, lowest scorers and concede some ridiculous goals. I still think we'll get across the line, but a neutral can't be blamed for wondering where we'll get points in the next 3 games.

Gettin' Auld
01-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Can they predict the lottery numbers for tomorrow night,that would be better

They couldn't predict darkness at midnight....

Mr White
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Including the scottish cup we've got a 60% win rate against Partick, county and Killie this season ( pl 10 w6 d3 l1). Obviously our loss of form since january is relevant too but I'm convinced we'll take at least 4 points from these games starting with a win on saturday :flag:

Onion
01-05-2014, 07:15 PM
No **** Sherlock. We've by far the worst form of the bottom 6, so a monkey could predict us ending 11th. Real journalistic talent is predicting something a 5 yr old couldn't and giving a rational reason for it.

Phil D. Rolls
01-05-2014, 07:38 PM

I don't believe it!

Sir David Gray
01-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm not surprised, I'm sure they're dying to see us relegated along with Hearts.

As I've just said on a very similar thread a little while ago, it's only the players and management who can change things because at the moment, I have to agree with them, that we are the favourites to end up 11th right now.

TrinityHibs
01-05-2014, 07:45 PM

He's deid and we're no

justlikebrazil
01-05-2014, 07:49 PM
The press the radio and tv pundits are willing hibs to finish 11th getting right on my t*** :confused:

Onion
01-05-2014, 08:27 PM
The press the radio and tv pundits are willing hibs to finish 11th getting right on my t*** :confused:

They need something to sooth their pain now that their beloved Yams are RELEGATED and their Dandy Dons blew up in the Scottish Cup :thumbsup:

Newhaven
01-05-2014, 08:48 PM
BBC in stick it up hibs shock!

Who wrote it? Pundit of the year Allan 'impartial' Preston?

Thecat23
01-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Only way to shut them up is win. If not then they are going to be proved correct. Time Hibs maned the **** up and sorted this mess out and go out all guns blazing for once and leave the opposition wondering what the hell just hit them.

justlikebrazil
01-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Only way to shut them up is win. If not then they are going to be proved correct. Time Hibs maned the **** up and sorted this mess out and go out all guns blazing for once and leave the opposition wondering what the hell just hit them.
Well said :agree:

Michael
01-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Well, they've got to pick one of the teams to be 11th! Going by form (probably the most relevant metric) we are the favourites!

eastterrace
01-05-2014, 09:15 PM

totally agree lets do this and shut these twats up once and for all.:flag:

hibbymick
01-05-2014, 09:22 PM
5/1...you say..... could the bookies have made another blunder.

eastterrace
01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
5/1...you say..... could the bookies have made another blunder.

if you wait till after 5pm saturday to bet hibs finishing 11th you will get a better price than 5/1 if thats your fancy.

Nutmegged
01-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Absolutely no problem with that prediction whats so ever, until we start doing something to change that view we'll continue to be tipped for this Play-Off.

I fancy us to do enough over the next 3 games to fight another day but you can't fault anyone who backs against us.

Bostonhibby
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
BBC Scotland Sports team - way to many ex yam players or declared yam fans working there for me to even consider paying any attention to anything they say, or worse broadcast, which is a shame given what their franchise requires re objective reporting :blah:

I can only assume they are saving the licence payer money by wheeling out preston, McLauglin, Robbo etc every week, or maybe even preparing for Devolution when they can just depart and leave Scotland with the Gorgie Broadcasting Companys' sports programme.

Glory Lurker
01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Who cares? Just ignore them.

Springbank
01-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Can anyone remind me, how many medals did Allan Preston win compared to mark McGraw?

Talking national trophies here.
Anyone???

Springbank
01-05-2014, 10:08 PM
https://www.ipac.ca/documents/2008-09%20IPAC%20MB%20AGM%20Report%20Lieutenant-Governor’s%20Award.pdf

...unless this is the wrong Allan Preston :)

stevejordan
01-05-2014, 10:22 PM

IDIOTS In Terry we trust :tbgwa:Terry

Jim44
01-05-2014, 11:28 PM

I think you should get of that fence.

More chance of England wining.

I trust a bookie more than I trust the B.B.C.

I don't believe it.

Is that the knowledgable bookie who gave 7/2 against the Jambos last weekend?

GlenrothesHibee
01-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Bbc also think Aberdeen are a sleeping giant

HoboHarry
01-05-2014, 11:36 PM
I really don't give a rats ass what the BBC think.....

gegs70
02-05-2014, 02:45 AM
To be fair it's our form and the amount of games we have lost not to mention we,haven't scored many goals that makes us favourite for 11th place!!

hibby67
02-05-2014, 04:46 AM
to be fair it's our form and the amount of games we have lost not to mention we,haven't scored many goals that makes us favourite for 11th place!!

yes things have been bad lately but if you look at the form for the last 6 games with the exception of hearts and to an extent st-mirren there has not been much between the teams

st-mirren w2 d2 l2
hibernian w0 d0 l6
ross county w1 d2 l3
partic thistle w1 d2 l3
kimarnock w1 d0 l5
hearts w4 d1 l1

if you take kilmarnocks last 3 fixtures they play the 2 form teams away to hearts and home to st-mirren then away to us ... So hopefully they will still be below us in the league when they come to visit us at easter road and if this the case i would rather be in our poistion needing only a draw rather than needing a win....
It all if's and but's i know but you got to keep believing

ggtth

Ronniekirk
02-05-2014, 06:39 AM
yes things have been bad lately but if you look at the form for the last 6 games with the exception of hearts and to an extent st-mirren there has not been much between the teams

st-mirren w2 d2 l2
hibernian w0 d0 l6
ross county w1 d2 l3
partic thistle w1 d2 l3
kimarnock w1 d0 l5
hearts w4 d1 l1

if you take kilmarnocks last 3 fixtures they play the 2 form teams away to hearts and home to st-mirren then away to us ... So hopefully they will still be below us in the league when they come to visit us at easter road and if this the case i would rather be in our poistion needing only a draw rather than needing a win....
It all if's and but's i know but you got to keep believing

ggtth

I really don't want to go into that last game on the back of an 8 game run where we haven't won a game and are totally reliant on other teams losing .Killie have beaten hearts three times this season so if they got beaten by them it would confirm they are in free fall but kris Boyd will probably fire in a double at some point you would think .
I am greedy I want three points and I want them now (tomorrow ) .

IWasThere2016
02-05-2014, 07:02 AM
To be fair it's our form and the amount of games we have lost not to mention we,haven't scored many goals that makes us favourite for 11th place!!

This for me.

I'm at ER in hope tomorrow, not expectation!

The Sea-gull
02-05-2014, 07:38 AM
This for me.

I'm at ER in hope tomorrow, not expectation!

I think we'll win tomorrow and (despite winning there twice this season already) lose up at Ross County on Tuesday. If offered this scenario now then I'd take it.

Our "battle" to avoid the play off is going to the wire.

Cabbage East
02-05-2014, 07:44 AM
They're a really weird, creepy little clique, BBC Scotland.

Bostonhibby
02-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Another reason to get a positive result on Saturday, will be interesting to see how the gorgie branch of the BBC handle that. C'mon Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 08:05 AM
We have not looked like we could win a game in weeks, there are many posters on this site saying exactly the same things.

Can't disagree with anything thats been written in that piece.

Weststandwanab
02-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Who cares? Just ignore them. Or try a different radio station

We have not looked like we could win a game in weeks, there are many posters on this site saying exactly the same things.

Can't disagree with anything thats been written in that piece. We are due a win, so hopefully tomorrow I arrives.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-05-2014, 08:20 AM

I think you should get of that fence.

More chance of England wining.

I trust a bookie more than I trust the B.B.C.

I don't believe it.

You have a rather unique posting style don't you? :hilarious

Judas Iscariot
02-05-2014, 08:21 AM
This is the thing. We have countless folk on here saying we're actually going down every day. A reporter says that we're going to finish in the play-off place and everyone is outraged.

Fans/journos fault?

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2014, 08:27 AM
We are due a win, so hopefully tomorrow I arrives.

:agree: :worried:

Mellow Hibee
02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
I really don't want to go into that last game on the back of an 8 game run where we haven't won a game and are totally reliant on other teams losing .Killie have beaten hearts three times this season so if they got beaten by them it would confirm they are in free fall but kris Boyd will probably fire in a double at some point you would think .
I am greedy I want three points and I want them now (tomorrow ) .

I agree with this. If we go into the last game needing a draw or win then I can see us finishing 11th.

Tomorrow is our best chance of 3 points IMO and I'm hopeful that the team have realised now just how serious it is. I think we'll get 3 points tomorrow and I think that will probably be enough in the end.

marinello59
02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
In a text* to my wife my phone predicted that I was going to pick up a hot hussy on the way home rather than a hot curry. I'd still trust it's predictions before the BBC's.

*Always check your texts before before sending. :rolleyes:

Steve20
02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Despite me saying for long enough that we'll finish in the playoffs, I looked at the fixtures and predicted each game. I have us finishing 10th.

Partick to finish 11th.

KingFranck
02-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Can some genius do this

If we finish 10th,9th,8th or 7th please make that page into a flag and put aye well predicted BBC above it!

I'd happily put some cash towards it and make sure it's big enough to cover a couple of sections of the East

Spike Mandela
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Predictions eh? Here is our poll from start of seasom? 41% of us predicted top 6.....duh!

10% of us predicted 11th.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?269111-New-Season-Predictions-(Hibs-league-position-and-other-stuff)&highlight=Poll+league+position

Beefster
02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Fans/journos fault?

I don't think it's anyone's 'fault' (I'm not actually sure I get your point). I just can't be arsed with the faux-outrage on here every time someone, who isn't a Hibs supporter, only says what a lot of us have been saying.

This punter on the BBC, Tom English and more that I've probably forgotten have all been criticised on here in recent weeks for mimicking Hibs.net.

Keith_M
02-05-2014, 09:33 AM
BBC predict we will finish 11th

Well, with a grand total of two wins this year, can anybody blame them? I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from either.

Steve20
02-05-2014, 09:46 AM
BBC predict we will finish 11th

Well, with a grand total of two wins this year, can anybody blame them? I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from either.

I reckon it'll be tomorrow.

s.a.m
02-05-2014, 09:58 AM
I reckon it'll be tomorrow.

Has someone hacked your account, Steve? :greengrin

Nutmegged
02-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Can some genius do this

If we finish 10th,9th,8th or 7th please make that page into a flag and put aye well predicted BBC above it!

I'd happily put some cash towards it and make sure it's big enough to cover a couple of sections of the East

I can underatand the hostility but finishing anywhere in thr bottom half of the table is nothing to be boastful about, we've had an absolutely horrendous season, pumped 4 put of 5 times by that lot, humiliated at Easter Road in Europe and royally pumped out of the Scottish Cup in Feb by a team in the league below us who hadn't scored a goal in their League this year at the time.

Trying to one up thr BBC because we finish 10th would make us look pathetic

stevejordan
02-05-2014, 11:46 AM
my prediction is a draw tomorrow

Hibercelona
02-05-2014, 12:23 PM
If we actually care that much about succeeding as a club, then we won't care what anyone else thinks.

Let other people say what they want. It's what we think about our own club that matters, not anybody else.

Bristolhibby
02-05-2014, 12:29 PM

#RIP #prayforpaul