PDA

View Full Version : Hibs eos v Lothian thistle hutchie vale

oconnors_strip
30-04-2014, 09:32 PM
At a very cold, wet and dark east mains tonight, hibs east of scotland side came from being 2 goals down to win 3-2 in extra time. Neil martyniuk scored in 85 mins then Connor duthie equalised with 2 mins to play. Extra time was played in very bad light as there isn't floodlights on the real grass pitches, with 1 min to go duthie hit the back of the net again with a fantastic goal!!!!! Que scenes of celebrations on and off the pitch

I'm soaked through, cold and hungry but sooo worth it. That's Hibs in to the third round of the king cup against Edinburgh university, game is scheduled for next Wednesday at 6.45pm. Presume it will be at peffermill

Twiglet
30-04-2014, 09:41 PM
A bit late to be posting I know, but the boys played Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale in the second round of the King Cup this evening at the training centre.

Conditions made it difficult (raining for a long time made the pitch hard to play the ball on the deck), but the boys won 3-2 after extra time.
Went 0-1 down from a penalty and they then got a second not long later.

With 7 minutes to go the score still stood at 0-2, but they never gave up and got it back to 2-2 by the end of normal time, with the first from Martyniuk and an absolute stunner from Duthie for the equaliser.

We weren't sure if they were going to play ET as with the weather it was getting dark already (sunset was 8.50 I was reliably informed:greengrin).

Played ET though and another of the under 17s was brought on, Ben Stirling for the final few minutes.
Duthie got his second (and the winner!) with 2 minutes to go resulting in a pile-up of Hibees celebrating coming back from being so close to losing.

Fantastic spirit and work ethic within that team. Never gave up and even when they took the lead still tried to push forward in the final few minutes.

Was hearing tonight the under 20s have played over 70 games in all competitions and there are player who have played a part in over 50 games! You couldn't tell from the way they were playing.
There's also been something like 36 different scorers too!

007 Mickey Weir
30-04-2014, 09:45 PM
When and who is the next game?

Jonnyboy
30-04-2014, 09:47 PM
A bit late to be posting I know, but the boys played Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale in the second round of the King Cup this evening at the training centre.

Conditions made it difficult (raining for a long time made the pitch hard to play the ball on the deck), but the boys won 3-2 after extra time.
Went 0-1 down from a penalty and they then got a second not long later.

With 7 minutes to go the score still stood at 0-2, but they never gave up and got it back to 2-2 by the end of normal time, with the first from Martyniuk and an absolute stunner from Duthie for the equaliser.

We weren't sure if they were going to play ET as with the weather it was getting dark already (sunset was 8.50 I was reliably informed:greengrin).

Played ET though and another of the under 17s was brought on, Ben Stirling for the final few minutes.
Duthie got his second (and the winner!) with 2 minutes to go resulting in a pile-up of Hibees celebrating coming back from being so close to losing.

Fantastic spirit and work ethic within that team. Never gave up and even when they took the lead still tried to push forward in the final few minutes.

Was hearing tonight the under 20s have played over 70 games in all competitions and there are player who have played a part in over 50 games! You couldn't tell from the way they were playing.
There's also been something like 36 different scorers too!

Thanks for this! Well done the youngsters :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
30-04-2014, 09:49 PM

This Sunday the under 17s face hearts in east of scotland shield at Easter road 12noon.

The eos side play leith or hutchie vale in the semi final of the league cup on Monday 5th at east mains kick off 6.45pm.

Then we play Edinburgh university next Wednesday

Nevi_SOL
30-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Edinburgh uni
Next Wednesday(away)

BurghHibby
30-04-2014, 10:21 PM
I thought the young guys done great considering the conditions, it was baltic!
impressed with their commitment in the face of some rather robust challenges from the older and certainly more street-wise opponents.
All round a hard fought and good game, quite happy as well as my nephew scored the second for Hutchie.
:greengrin