PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Hayes

BH Hibs
29-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Doing a bit of mouthing off in The Sun. Loves himself the prick.

J-C
29-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Why no link so we can see what he says ?

Gus Fring
29-04-2014, 11:45 AM

The Sun online needs a subscription.

The Sea-gull
29-04-2014, 11:54 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-ace-jonny-hayes-insists-3471597

I'm guessing he is saying much the same as he is here. Don't think he says a lot wrong and even says he likes TB and hopes we stay up and do well next season, just not as well as Aberdeen.

The bit where he says he is surprised TB went to Hibs is fair enough. He wasn't the only one who said that at the time and he's right we are a bigger club but Caley were and are a better team. He really answers his own question though. TB moved to Hibs because we are a bigger team and therefore offer more money for him and more potential to do well than Caley. I think when he says he thinks TB is better than Hibs alludes to the fact that he believes TB is better than managing a struggling bottom 6 club. I believe he is too and I believe we are a better than a bottom 6/relegation struggle and (as long as we stay up this season) I think TB will be managing us in the top 6 next season.

As an aside, good player Jonny Hayes and one we could have perhaps had if we had pushed the boat out a bit. He was linked with us the summer he went to Aberdeen. Seems Fenlon went for Hayes, Rooney, Flood, Shiels and Daly at various points and we failed to get any of them. I reckon Shiels and Daly will be the only ones on an outrageous wage. Even if we had got the other three, they would have made a difference to our fortunes in the last couple of years.

BH Hibs
29-04-2014, 12:00 PM

Sorry couldn't post a link but yes pretty much same story in Record. Bit about Butcher being better than Hibs and the fans should be grateful we have Butcher sounds like Billy Big Baws to me

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Don't think there is really anything wronf with whay he says, IMO. The only thing I didn't like was that Hayes though Terry was better than Hibs. Everything else is pretty much spot on.

jacomo
29-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Read the DR story and there's nothing in that to offend. Apparently there are bigger football clubs than Hibs - who'd have thought it eh?

Bronson
29-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Thought that was a very fair article, certainly not 'mouthing off'. I agree with most if not all of what he said.

SteveHFC
29-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Would love to see him at Hibs. :agree:

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 01:38 PM
He really reinforces the point about TB being a tyrant and a bully doesn't he.

Guy speaks about him in absolutely glowing terms.

JimBHibees
29-04-2014, 01:40 PM
He really reinforces the point about TB being a tyrant and a bully doesn't he.

Guy speaks about him in absolutely glowing terms.

Thats because he is petrified of him and Mo, who would no doubt track him down and beat him senseless if he were to ever speak a bad word of either of them. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Malpas probably text him at half time to tell him to put this story in the paper.

Bullied him into it.

matty_f
29-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Malpas probably text him at half time to tell him to put this story in the paper.

Bullied him into it.

:agree:

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Doing a bit of mouthing off in The Sun. Loves himself the prick.

I dont think it is bad,actually good to hear him saying how good butcher is aith players

Roll on next season,start the rebuild