PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Dempster To Become Chief Executive

RSS Bot
29-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Hibernian's new Chief Executive to start from 1 June

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140429/dempster-to-become-chief-executive_2262950_3794155)

offshorehibby
29-04-2014, 07:55 AM
this is great news.

Scottie
29-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Hopefully the best signing we've made in years
Well done Hibs

Michael
29-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Sounds good. :thumbsup: In recent years, Motherwell have somehow always managed to get a decent team together.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Bringing in the chief exec for a club that has outperformed us over the last few years, in theory this should lessen Rods influence.

Seems like good news to me.

Diclonius
29-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Excellent news. However, the process won't be complete until Petrie leaves. Completely. I don't trust him not to interfere whilst he's still here.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Thank goodness for that but we still have him prowling about the corridors at ER :rolleyes:

I want him as far away as possible, hope that SFA appointment is soon.:agree:

truehibernian
29-04-2014, 08:03 AM
A smilng, chirpy, positive and energetic character in the Boardroom and around Easter Road on matchdays ?

It'll never catch on I tell you :greengrin

Superb appointment, long overdue - Rod being around still, I'll curb my enthusiasm meantime.

oldbiker
29-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Welcome aboard Hen, did you bring yer erse kicking boots with you?

SMART objective one 3 points on saturday

chrisski33
29-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Bringing in the chief exec for a club that has outperformed us over the last few years, in theory this should lessen Rods influence.

Seems like good news to me.

But butcher was performing at smaller club than us before..... So time will tell eh

offshorehibby
29-04-2014, 08:08 AM
An interesting quote from RP on the official site

"Leeann is an outstanding football leader with a proven track record. In addition to a desire for sporting success, I know from our numerous discussions that there is a shared belief in the direction of travel towards increased involvement of supporters and greater community engagement."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140429/dempster-to-become-chief-executive_2262950_3794155

Craig_in_Prague
29-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Does she know the offside rule?

Welcome Leeann !!

Weststandwanab
29-04-2014, 08:16 AM
I too add a personal welcome.

The_Todd
29-04-2014, 08:17 AM
I thought one of the things we had a pop at about Petrie was he wasn't focussed enough on the job in hand and was absent from ER\East Mains too much. Now we have a new proven CEO who has done great stuff at a smaller club (and turned them into a force we could only dream of being recently) we worry he'll interfere too much?

Which is it?

s.a.m
29-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Leeann Dempster‏@LeeannDempster 2m (https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster/status/461056016206278656)
However these things rarely stay within control. I am very proud of my time at MFC, it's been a difficult decision for me to leave. (https://twitter.com/#)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1641762036/7388f227-207b-42a4-8d10-e31ce88c7a77_bigger.pngLeeann Dempster‏@LeeannDempster (https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster) 5m (https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster/status/461055397760368640)
I can confirm that I have agreed to join Hibernian. It was my intention to tell MFC supporters first before it went live.

Beefster
29-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Excellent news. However, the process won't be complete until Petrie leaves. Completely. I don't trust him not to interfere whilst he's still here.

We don't need to trust Rodders not to interfere. We just need to trust Dempster to stand up to him. Aside from the fact that I reckon she'll have firm assurances about her responsibilities, I don't think she'll be pushed around.

JimBHibees
29-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Leeann Dempster‏@LeeannDempster 2m (https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster/status/461056016206278656)
However these things rarely stay within control. I am very proud of my time at MFC, it's been a difficult decision for me to leave. (https://twitter.com/#)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1641762036/7388f227-207b-42a4-8d10-e31ce88c7a77_bigger.pngLeeann Dempster‏@LeeannDempster (https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster) 5m (https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster/status/461055397760368640)
I can confirm that I have agreed to join Hibernian. It was my intention to tell MFC supporters first before it went live.

Sounds like Hibs released the news before she wanted them to no doubt as a gee up after Sunday and before the massive game this week.

Sounds a good appointment she always comes across very well in the media and hopefully will create a better relationship between club and fans than there currently is.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2014, 08:50 AM

Yes. That's the first thing I thought of.

oneone73
29-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Sounds like Hibs released the news before she wanted them to no doubt as a gee up after Sunday and before the massive game this week.

Sounds a good appointment she always comes across very well in the media and hopefully will create a better relationship between club and fans than there currently is.
Hibs probably made the announcement because two papers had got hold of the story. And she would have been informed.

GlenrothesHibee
29-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Got to say this news has cheered me up no end. Nobody better for the job. Well done Hibs.

Sir David Gray
29-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Very positive news, she has a proven track record at Motherwell and they have enjoyed relative success on the park under her leadership delivering consistent results over the past four or five years.

I'm a little concerned that Petrie will still be around but i'm sure she's not coming in just to be Petrie's lackey.

Personally i'm delighted with this news and hopefully we have a very bright future ahead of us.

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Delighted

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Very positive news, she has a proven track record at Motherwell and they have enjoyed relative success on the park under her leadership delivering consistent results over the past four or five years.

I'm a little concerned that Petrie will still be around but i'm sure she's not coming in just to be Petrie's lackey.

Personally i'm delighted with this news and hopefully we have a very bright future ahead of us.

If Petrie is still around as non exec Chairman then it's up to the CEO to stand up to him and demand she is allowed to do her job.

Reading about her she doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly so she may well be the person to do just that with Rod.

JimBHibees
29-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Hibs probably made the announcement because two papers had got hold of the story. And she would have been informed.

Yep makes sense.

Bishop Hibee
29-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Nice to have some good news for a change. Hopefully she can help the club move in the right direction and and off the pitch.

Rodders, time you bought a wee villa on the Med and cleared off out the way.

stantonhibby
29-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Yes. That's the first thing I thought of.

As you are possibly the most pessimistic poster on here that comes as no surprise.

Funnily enough my first thought was that this was good news and a positive move in the right direction.

Actually I think Steve20 is even more negative and will be along shortly no doubt with his usual sweeping statement - " She's changed her mind - we're going down "

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Let's hope she brings a completely fresh approach and revitalizes the club from the very top, but why is Petrie still hanging around like a bad smell? Time's up, tache.

I wonder how much we're paying Dempster.

Weir7
29-04-2014, 11:05 AM
If Petrie is still around as non exec Chairman then it's up to the CEO to stand up to him and demand she is allowed to do her job.

Reading about her she doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly so she may well be the person to do just that with Rod.

Many have tried and failed. As long as farmer supports petrie he's bullet proof

nribs
29-04-2014, 11:12 AM
I hope she has a 5 year plan :cb:greengrin

Billy Whizz
29-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I hope she has a 5 year plan :cb:greengrin

Just a plan would do me

bookert
29-04-2014, 11:30 AM
An interesting quote from RP on the official site

"Leeann is an outstanding football leader with a proven track record. In addition to a desire for sporting success, I know from our numerous discussions that there is a shared belief in the direction of travel towards increased involvement of supporters and greater community engagement."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140429/dempster-to-become-chief-executive_2262950_3794155

I think that this will be a good appointment and I think that greater community and supporter involvement is the way to go for Hibs.

sesoim
29-04-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't know exactly what she was responsible for at Motherwell, but they have arguably been the best run club in the SPL for the last few years.

On the face of it, good news.

Seveno
29-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Exciting news. I don't think she is the sort of person who will put up with any interference. She will bring vision to the club and generate sum life behind the scenes.

WestStandMoaner
29-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Let's hope she brings a completely fresh approach and revitalizes the club from the very top, but why is Petrie still hanging around like a bad smell? Time's up, tache.

I wonder how much we're paying Dempster.

This is just Petrie and Farmer trying to deflect the fans away from the real issues surrounding our club at present, bringing in Leanne Dempster is just another underhand method of them both trying to appease the fans. They know the fans have turned against Rod and it is only a matter of time before the fans would have started to get vocal at games. If the announcement had have been Leanne Dempster has replaced Rod Petrie I might have got more excited.

However, I do wish her all the best because she will need it as long as the tache is still involved :flag:

Weststandwanab
29-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Got to say this news has cheered me up no end. Nobody better for the job. Well done Hibs. Nice play on words there.

Reading about her she doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly so she may well be the person to do just that with Rod. She will need to be strict with him.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 12:17 PM
This is just Petrie and Farmer trying to deflect the fans away from the real issues surrounding our club at present, bringing in Leanne Dempster is just another underhand method of them both trying to appease the fans. They know the fans have turned against Rod and it is only a matter of time before the fans would have started to get vocal at games. If the announcement had have been Leanne Dempster has replaced Rod Petrie I might have got more excited.

However, I do wish her all the best because she will need it as long as the tache is still involved :flag:

She has replaced Rod Petrie as CEO.

And are you suggesting that Rod Petrie and STF have somehow pulled the wool over our new CEOs eyes and are not going to allow her to do the job she has been brought in to do.

Why would they do that? What purpose would it serve? As a non exectuive Rod Petries role will be far more limited than it was before. His ambitions have long been at Hampden imo, he's been touted as a replacement for Campbell Ogilvie and this move will allow him to focus on that.

GREEN WARLORD
29-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Your name is well suited, dry yer eyes and at least give her a chance. :thumbsup:

patlowe
29-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Every time I've heard Leeann Dempster speak over the last few years I've found her plain-speaking and positive approach extremely refreshing. I don't know enough about the intricacies of running a football club but my instinct says this is a great move for Hibs - I think we'll certainly start seeing a better relationship between our club and the media now at least. We've had so much bad press over the years and I can't help but feel that was down to a certain somebody's reticence to communicate.

WestStandMoaner
29-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Your name is well suited, dry yer eyes and at least give her a chance. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment

:wink:

VivaHiberña
29-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Does she know the offside rule?

Welcome Leeann !!

Apparently :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZeNGRXMew#t=129

--------
29-04-2014, 05:09 PM

I smell Yam. :greengrin

(Not you, HIM.)

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2014, 05:11 PM
On the face of it this looks good, the proof will be in the pudding. Petrie has to get out the way, an ever larger amount of fans do not believe a word he utters.

If this means a better image, a forward thinking leader and someone who will strive for a better club with a more hands on approachable person, then i'm all for it.

WhileTheChief..
29-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Will be good have someone actually running the club on a day to day basis. Who would have thought it, huh!

Quite glad that the board have finally realised that change is required and she seems like exactly what we need.

Sounds like there could be interesting times ahead. Welcome Leanne.

puff the dragon
29-04-2014, 05:17 PM
A good appointment that can only take hibs forward IF it means Petrie now has no say.

this news would be better however if it was accompanied by Petrie walking away altogether and selling his 10% stake. Petrie had done some great work at hibs but over the last 5 years he has become the cancer killing this once proud club. His main priority is his own status within the SFA which he has pursed at the expense of our club. The sooner he has no say whatsoever the better - he's given us the infrastructure so it's time to let people who know how to run a football club run it.

PETRIE OUT

Onion
29-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Looks like an excellent appointment.... as long as STF and Petrie give her a chance to do her job. The very last thing we need is Petrie hiding behind Dempster and pulling the strings. This must be a very real risk. I would be much more reassured if the club's absent owner STF made a statement about her appointment and what he expects of her/the future.

Onion
29-04-2014, 05:39 PM
She has replaced Rod Petrie as CEO.

And are you suggesting that Rod Petrie and STF have somehow pulled the wool over our new CEOs eyes and are not going to allow her to do the job she has been brought in to do.

Why would they do that? What purpose would it serve? As a non exectuive Rod Petries role will be far more limited than it was before. His ambitions have long been at Hampden imo, he's been touted as a replacement for Campbell Ogilvie and this move will allow him to focus on that.

Sure that's not the intention but 20 years at the helm will make it extremely challenging, for Petrie especially. The real test will come when Petrie disagrees with any strategic changes/issues raised by Dempster. Owning 10%, and being STF's chosen one, still leaves Petrie as the power broker at ER when it come to the crunch.

Craig_in_Prague
29-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Apparently :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZeNGRXMew#t=129

haha, nice one !

emerald green
29-04-2014, 06:06 PM
This appointment can only be good news for the club and its supporters. At long last, we may now get the strong leadership, drive and ambition this club has lacked for years. I'm going to quote some of what another poster said fairly recently, and which I completely agree with, i.e. "a leader needs to be an inspiring figure who is a great communicator (as opposed to silence from STF & RP normally) and who finds creative solutions to problems". STF & RP have none of these qualities when it comes to running HFC. Hopefully Ms Dempster will have these leadership qualities in abundance.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees great news, what an appointment. I Haven't been this excited since we appointed.................................... Butcher!!!!!!!!

therealgavmac
29-04-2014, 06:28 PM
I do like this quote from the BBC website....

As a big city club, Hibernian has a fantastic opportunity to build on the great physical assets and grow attendances through increased engagement and success on the pitch”

Leeann Dempster

Positive feelings about this appointment

big gogs
29-04-2014, 06:37 PM
According to a Motherwell fan I work with ,she takes no prisoners,and nobody stands in her way.she must have been promised full control.time will tell I suppose

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Hibernian's new Chief Executive to start from 1 June

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140429/dempster-to-become-chief-executive_2262950_3794155)

This could be the first of some deceny signings for the club and the possibility petrie is taking a further back seat

rcarter1
29-04-2014, 06:45 PM
According to a Motherwell fan I work with ,she takes no prisoners,and nobody stands in her way.she must have been promised full control.time will tell I suppose

Like the sound of her! :greengrin

Gordy M
29-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Who gives her the job? Is it Petrie, or STF, or do the board as a whole do that?

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Who gives her the job? Is it Petrie, or STF, or do the board as a whole do that?

I think .net is consulted first. :greengrin

Gordy M
29-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I think .net is consulted first. :greengrin
Haha its about time they listened to us experts:greengrin

Waxy
29-04-2014, 07:13 PM
This is fantastic news, and also thank to Rod P for his time in control.

bingo70
29-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Does this mean:-

All those that said they wouldnt go back till petrie was away will start going again?

Those agents that refused to deal with petrie will start putting good players in our direction again?

We might appoint a director of football so hopefully appoint/sign less duds?

Im not one to get excited about boardroom reshuffles but this could well be a very good move by the club

Saorsa
29-04-2014, 07:20 PM

All those that said they wouldnt go back till petrie was away will start going again?

Those agents that refused to deal with petrie will start putting good players in our direction again?

Im not one to get excited about boardroom reshuffles but this could well be a very good move by the clubHe's away?

bingo70
29-04-2014, 07:24 PM
He's away?

More or less, no?

Until somebody buys his shares id have thought this will be as close as we'd get to him leaving

Saorsa
29-04-2014, 07:33 PM
More or less, no?

Until somebody buys his shares id have thought this will be as close as we'd get to him leavingHow can you be mair or less away, he's either away or he's no. I'll reserve my judgement 'til I see things actually changing then we'll ken whether or no he's still sticking his bib in.

and just for the record I'm no one that said I'll no be back 'til he's gone, I said something different and for now at least I'll be sticking by it unless I can see evidence of the changes happening.

johncrobertson@
29-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Heard Tam Cowan on the radio - nothing but praise for what she has done at Motherwell - sounded gutted! Said this could really turn things around for the Hibees!°

Viva_Palmeiras
29-04-2014, 07:47 PM

The napalm will run dry on this one.

emerald green
29-04-2014, 07:54 PM

:faf:

Saorsa
29-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Heard Tam Cowan on the radio - nothing but praise for what she has done at Motherwell - sounded gutted! Said this could really turn things around for the Hibees!°Lets hope so and lets hope when she starts we're still in the right division. 3 points on Saturday please Hibs :pray:

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Heard Tam Cowan on the radio - nothing but praise for what she has done at Motherwell - sounded gutted! Said this could really turn things around for the Hibees!°

Maurice Malpas phoned him using his magic teacup and bullied him into praising her. Fact.

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 08:13 PM

Never seen her play,hope she is good at holding the ball up and can play in defence,boy we have shortcomings on those areas

green is good
29-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Maybe if Rod tries to interfere Leeann will make him do 20 press ups :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-04-2014, 08:48 PM
As you are possibly the most pessimistic poster on here that comes as no surprise.

Funnily enough my first thought was that this was good news and a positive move in the right direction.

Actually I think Steve20 is even more negative and will be along shortly no doubt with his usual sweeping statement - " She's changed her mind - we're going down "

I can think of one who beats those two, hands down :greengrin

Many have tried and failed. As long as farmer supports petrie he's bullet proof

Surely you are not naive enough to believe that STF hasn't fully endorsed this appointment? As Rod becomes non executive, the new CEO will have all the power and support she needs from STF

Jonnyboy
29-04-2014, 08:52 PM

Im not one to get excited about boardroom reshuffles but this could well be a very good move by the club

bingo, she'll be busy from day one as TB has his target players and wants them all on board at the very start of pre-season training. :wink:

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 08:56 PM

Re your 1st question.

I think they are still waiting on us signing McPake and voting against Rangers joining the league then they will definitely be back.

Until the next excuse comes along anyway.

CropleyWasGod
29-04-2014, 08:57 PM

Surely you are not naive enough to believe that STF hasn't fully endorsed this appointment? As Rod becomes non executive, the new CEO will have all the power and support she needs from STF

I agree with that, but I also wonder whether STF's rumoured health issues might have hastened this. Also they might be a reason for the rumoured "further changes".

Jonnyboy
29-04-2014, 08:59 PM
I agree with that, but I also wonder whether STF's rumoured health issues might have hastened this. Also they might be a reason for the rumoured "further changes".

Interestingly, RP was asked (not by me) how STF was and replied he was fine and in good fettle although, as you say, rumours are to the contrary :dunno:

stantonhibby
29-04-2014, 09:00 PM

JB - racking my brains and can't think of anyone ?

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Interestingly, RP was asked (not by me) how STF was and replied he was fine and in good fettle although, as you say, rumours are to the contrary :dunno:

I spoke to an employee of STFs on Friday evening at length. He works with him on a daily basis. Said he wasn't great earlier in the year (didn't go into detail) but was 'back on top form' now.

stantonhibby
29-04-2014, 09:04 PM
I spoke to an employee of STFs on Friday evening at length. He works with him on a daily basis. Said he wasn't great earlier in the year (didn't go into detail) but was 'back on top form' now.

Good to hear.

random sub
29-04-2014, 09:08 PM

I had dinner with a director from another club a while ago and he said that Leann was excellent and was exactly what Hibs needed. Obviously there was more to the conversation than that and he explained the reasons for the need for change and more about what he thought Motherwell had done as a club. Great appointment!

Carheenlea
29-04-2014, 09:11 PM

I was in attendance at the Dan McMichael rededication ceremony back in December and noted that Sir Tom Farmer did not look to be in particularly great shape.
Fingers crossed he is in better health now.

jodjam
29-04-2014, 09:18 PM

(Not you, HIM.)

You are wrong.

MyJo
29-04-2014, 09:19 PM

I think a move towards fan ownership in the same way that Motherwell have done is the likely future for the club although I assume Petrie would keep his 10% holding under this arrangement as well?

GREEN WARLORD
29-04-2014, 09:22 PM

(Not you, HIM.)
Agreed. Avatar name or not, there is not one of his posts positive. Something just doesn't smell right.

Jonnyboy
29-04-2014, 09:23 PM
JB - racking my brains and can't think of anyone ?

Must try harder :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
29-04-2014, 09:26 PM
I think a move towards fan ownership in the same way that Motherwell have done is the likely future for the club although I assume Petrie would keep his 10% holding under this arrangement as well?

Not sure.

If RP has bought into that plan (and we have no evidence of that yet, other than LD's recent history), then I would think that he would pass on his shares at the same rate as STF.

stantonhibby
29-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Must try harder :greengrin

I'm trying !

Jonnyboy
29-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm trying !

Doesn't appear to be online at the moment. Maybe this good news has made him ill :greengrin

stantonhibby
29-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Doesn't appear to be online at the moment. Maybe this good news has made him ill :greengrin

I may have it!

Does it start with an H and end with an a with ibercelon in the middle?

Jonnyboy
29-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I may have it!

Does it start with an H and end with an a with ibercelon in the middle?

:lips seal I couldn't possibly say :greengrin

stantonhibby
29-04-2014, 10:28 PM
:lips seal I couldn't possibly say :greengrin

Ok dokey!

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Is this an attempt to bat away the growing unrest in the stands? ......Time will tell I suppose.

Ms Dempster certainly appears to have been a success at Motherwell and has respect from people in the game. She has tried to involve the community in and around Motherwell with the club and its well known that Motherwell have tried very hard in this area for a good few years now.

This is my only concern here ....... for all of their admirable efforts off the park and the team punching their weight or better on it the good people of Motherwell and Wishaw certainly appear to be a tough lot to please, if their reluctance to turn out at Fir Park in bigger numbers is anything to go by. I would think that perhaps Ms Dempster has decided to move on in the hope that her efforts will be better received in the Edinburgh area.

Anyway I wish her all the very best and that she is left to get on with her job unhindered. From my point of view I cant quite see how this appointment addresses the main problems at ER ............ The need for a new owner and the end to Rod Petrie's influence ..... we have had much heralded boardroom changes before with little or no positive affect on our downward spiral.

MyJo
29-04-2014, 10:51 PM
From my point of view I cant quite see how this appointment addresses the main problems at ER ............ The need for a new owner and the end to Rod Petrie's influence

Petrie is now a non-executive member of the board, he is certainly someone who can provide guidance to the new CEO but if she wants to do her own thing then Petrie is no longer in a position to enforce that without the other board members ousting the CEO from her position and re-hiring Petrie in future.

As for a new owner I dont see why its needed as we certainly aren't going to be getting a Shiek or Oligarth pumping millions into us as there is no potential for return on that investment so a non-attention seeking, sane, respected, local businessman who allows the club to get on with its business is fine by me.....however i dont think its co-incidence that Dempster has been heavily involved in the fan ownership model put in place at Motherwell either.

VivaHiberña
30-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Is this an attempt to bat away the growing unrest in the stands? ......Time will tell I suppose.

Ms Dempster certainly appears to have been a success at Motherwell and has respect from people in the game. She has tried to involve the community in and around Motherwell with the club and its well known that Motherwell have tried very hard in this area for a good few years now.

This is my only concern here ....... for all of their admirable efforts off the park and the team punching their weight or better on it the good people of Motherwell and Wishaw certainly appear to be a tough lot to please, if their reluctance to turn out at Fir Park in bigger numbers is anything to go by. I would think that perhaps Ms Dempster has decided to move on in the hope that her efforts will be better received in the Edinburgh area.

Anyway I wish her all the very best and that she is left to get on with her job unhindered. From my point of view I cant quite see how this appointment addresses the main problems at ER ............ The need for a new owner and the end to Rod Petrie's influence ..... we have had much heralded boardroom changes before with little or no positive affect on our downward spiral.

I think the lack of a large increase in attendance at Fir Park in recent years can put down to factors out with her control. Factors a few miles to the north of Motherwell that play in green or blue.

Motherwell were a shambles before Dempster came in. The task at Hibs is different; in some regards smaller, in others bigger. If Dempster can get it right again and make sure the manager can put a winning team on the park the crowds will look after themselves.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Maurice Malpas phoned him using his magic teacup and bullied him into praising her. Fact.

Would Maurice not be more likely to call him a ******? Thats factually correct too.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-04-2014, 12:53 AM
Mysterious forces at work Facebook's tentacles promoted this for me this evening...

Hmmmmm...

jodjam
30-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Agreed. Avatar name or not, there is not one of his posts positive. Something just doesn't smell right.

He's a hibs fan. We've gone to the games together for many years. He did say something positive once if I remember :)

johncrobertson@
30-04-2014, 08:59 AM
George Craig Director of Football?

Hibs linked with Eddie May, Kane Hemmings and George Craig
FORMER Hibs midfielder Eddie May could be set for a return to the club as the Easter Road side gears up for a summer of change.
Leeann Dempster was unveiled yesterday as the club’s new chief executive, and will take up her new role from June 1st.
And May, who made over 100 appearances for Hibs, could return as the club’s Head of Youth, following success in charge of the University of Stirling and Rangers.
He could be joined by George Craig, Falkirk’s director of football, who is believed to be on Rod Petrie’s list of targets as he seeks to improve things at the club.
Petrie himself is stepping down from his role as acting Chief Executive but will continue as non-executive chairman.
The club have also been linked with ex-Rangers striker Kane Hemmings, who picked up the Scottish Championship (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-celtic-chase-ring-rangers-hibs-1-3393398#) Player of the Year award for a successful season at Cowdenbeath. Hemmings, who is also attracting interest from a number of other clubs, has scored 17 goals for the Blue Brazil. (The Sun/The Courier)

spike220
30-04-2014, 09:03 AM
The question on everyone lips........can she play cente-back??

worcesterhibby
30-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Very, very encouraged by this move. Petrie for all his faults has been a real success as far as the finance and infrastructure of the Club is concerned. Where he has fallen down badly has been:

Managerial Appointments
Relationships with contacts outside the club such as agents
Relationship with the playing staff
Relationship with the fans

As far as facilities are concerned the club is the strongest in Scotland outside of Celtic and possibly Rankers. However with Dempster now leading the club, we have the opportunity to build success in the areas that Petrie has failed.

Will She decide that Butcher/ Malpass are her choice of management team ? only time will tell. But she has sacked a manager in the past and brought in her own choice. I suspect Butcher will be given next season to show his worth, but if he fails..we will have a far more astute judge of who should be his successor in place than we have had in the past.

There has been a sense of unhappiness about the playing staff for too long. Under Pat, the players lacked the belief that he really knew what he was doing. Under Butcher I suspect many of the players have felt, quite rightly, that neither Terry or Maurice rate them and that they are ready for them to fail, so they can ship them out at the end of this season and bring in their own choice of replacements. I suspect Butcher has over-played this "shape up or ship out" mentality a little and it has been counter-productive, with players feeling under increased pressure and lacking confidence. Others may say that this shows a lack of backbone amongst the current squad and they may be right, but you have too make the best of a bad lot and I'm not sure Butcher has done that.

Tommy Farmer is a man who likes succession planning, I suspect he hates the way that team managers come and go in football as it is alien to the way he has run his businesses. He has taken a while to identify the underlying problem at ER and while Petrie was necessary to keep Hibs financially stable and build the infrastructure he was committed to sticking by him. That phase has now been completed and it's time for a new phase…an new era. Petrie will stay in the background only while Leeanne proves that she can now take the club forward, I strongly suspect that by the end of next season we will see Petrie step down altogether and take up a national football administration post.

Leeanne Dempster has spoken at length about her ideas and ambitions for clubs run by Supporters Trusts, but has the sense to underpin these ideas with the need for good cash reserves and sensible money management. By Appointing her Sir Tom is paving the way for a forward thinking, but financially safe future for fan club ownership.

Under Petrie the club has built a fantastic structure, but it has lacked soul. Leeanne Dempster realises where you get soul from…the fans and the community. Below is a little excerpt from an interview with her that was published in the Herlad back in July last year.

"The minute I walked in the door I told myself 'I love this place'. It's a feeling that has never left me, even when I was almost hyperventilating in frustration at the way I found football was being run. "A club has a green pitch, four stands that don't get used and rooms that don't get used," she points out. "You have to open your doors wide open and say: come and use our facilities."You have a duty not just to the supporters, but to the people in the community. Clubs have the ability to influence people in a way no other organisation does. The government pays fortunes to put adverts in local papers, but we can get messages to people here in a non-threatening, non-finger wagging way.
"The work we do here changes lives. People come to our ground every day and go through further education courses, undergo personal development and none of it is a box-ticking exercise. It enables them to move on and improve their lives. When that happens it affects their families and it all dribbles down. That is the enrichment a football club can give a community.
"It gets me a little bit annoyed when we don't harness this power. It's quite a straightforward thing to do. If it is done properly, putting a high level commitment and energy into engaging with people through sport will get you massive results for the community and for the club."
Leeanne Dempster oozes confidence, charm and the feel good factor that has been conspicuous by it's absence for too long at Easter Road. She has a great knack of motivating all those around her and finds it easy to make friends and finds it hard to make enemies. Only time will tell and I might eat my words in a few months or years, but I suspect that the signing of "Dempster" may be as important to Hibs in the next 10 years as was the signings of Sauzee, Stanton, Baker or Reilly were in the past.

Welcome to Hibernian

jdships
30-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Spoke with a friend , yesterday, who is on the 'Well Supporters Association Council and he told me the lady had not hidden the fact she would like to move on to another challenge right from the beginning of the 13/14 season .
Nobody knew she was actually leaving until a couple of days prior to the announcement and even then " where to" wasn't known .
Evidently this is the way she conducts her business - facts or nothing !!
Says she is 100 % business like with great people skills and made regular visits to Supp Ass meetings where she would ask as well as answer questions
He reckons we have picked up a star !!

Time will tell !!:flag:

--------
30-04-2014, 09:27 AM
You are wrong.

If you say so, but that was an awfy good impression of a troll going a wee step too far.

I don't think even I would be quite so snickle about STF and RP.

Saorsa
30-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Spoke with a friend , yesterday, who is on the 'Well Supporters Association Council and he told me the lady had not hidden the fact she would like to move on to another challenge right from the beginning of the 13/14 season .
Nobody knew she was actually leaving until a couple of days prior to the announcement and even then " where to" wasn't known .
Says she is 100 % business like with great people skills and made regular visits to Supp Ass meetings where she would ask as well as answer questions

Time will tell !!:flag:She's certainly got her wish there. :agree: Hopefully things will now start moving in the right direction and as you say, time will tell.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2014, 09:40 AM

FORMER Hibs midfielder Eddie May could be set for a return to the club as the Easter Road side gears up for a summer of change.
Leeann Dempster was unveiled yesterday as the club’s new chief executive, and will take up her new role from June 1st.
And May, who made over 100 appearances for Hibs, could return as the club’s Head of Youth, following success in charge of the University of Stirling and Rangers.
He could be joined by George Craig, Falkirk’s director of football, who is believed to be on Rod Petrie’s list of targets as he seeks to improve things at the club.
Petrie himself is stepping down from his role as acting Chief Executive but will continue as non-executive chairman.
The club have also been linked with ex-Rangers striker Kane Hemmings, who picked up the Scottish Championship (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-celtic-chase-ring-rangers-hibs-1-3393398#) Player of the Year award for a successful season at Cowdenbeath. Hemmings, who is also attracting interest from a number of other clubs, has scored 17 goals for the Blue Brazil. (The Sun/The Courier)

:thumbsup: Anyone know what George Craig is like?

dp00
30-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I like the idea of her being on twitter also I've heard she joins supporters forums and replays to people which I think in this day and age is something good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
30-04-2014, 10:03 AM
I like the idea of her being on twitter also I've heard she joins supporters forums and replays to people which I think in this day and age is something good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What !, Hibs in the 21st century ?, can only be a good thing.

jdships
30-04-2014, 10:04 AM
She's certainly got her wish there. :agree: Hopefully things will now start moving in the right direction and as you say, time will tell.

Can't argue with your take :greengrin:thumbsup:

WestStandMoaner
30-04-2014, 10:07 AM
If you say so, but that was an awfy good impression of a troll going a wee step too far.

I don't think even I would be quite so snickle about STF and RP.

No Yam, No troll, I thought everyone is allowed an opinion but on here you say anything about Petrie or Farmer you are accused of being a Yam, a football club is about winning, something Petrie and Farmer have forgotten, hopefully the changes I read about this morning will help me find my positive mojo, if the team starts winning I might even raise a smile. :greengrin

P.S Call me anything you want, just not a Yam

Callum_62
30-04-2014, 10:13 AM
:thumbsup: Anyone know what George Craig is like?

According to google, he took Falkirk to court in 2012 (settled before court date)??

He was the MD tho, not DoF

Pretty Boy
30-04-2014, 10:14 AM

All positive stuff imo.

Just need to make sure we win on Saturday now.

jodjam
30-04-2014, 10:26 AM

Time will tell !!:flag:

My mate has also had dealings with her thru supporters associations. His view is pretty much as you say above. His only problem with her was the team she supports ;)

erin go bragh
30-04-2014, 10:34 AM
This could well be our best signing since Sauzee .
Has certainly cheered me up . Bring on the jags .
On a different note , herd we are signing Higgenbottom ( spelling dodgy)from said jags . Be a great signing imho .

Ggtth

flash
30-04-2014, 10:35 AM
My mate has also had dealings with her thru supporters associations. His view is pretty much as you say above. His only problem with her was the team she supports ;)
Which will now be Hibs.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2014, 10:37 AM
John Collins or Pat Nevin for Director of Football:greengrin

Gordy M
30-04-2014, 10:43 AM
According to google, he took Falkirk to court in 2012 (settled before court date)??

He was the MD tho, not DoF
Just spoke to a falkirk season ticket holder, he said that george craig had left falkirk, and he was a director, not a DoF? Maybe a different guy?

Weststandwanab
30-04-2014, 10:46 AM
No Yam, No troll, I thought everyone is allowed an opinion but on here you say anything about Petrie or Farmer you are accused of being a Yam, a football club is about winning, something Petrie and Farmer have forgotten, hopefully the changes I read about this morning will help me find my positive mojo, if the team starts winning I might even raise a smile. :greengrin

P.S Call me anything you want, just not a Yam

You optimistic realist !

(((Fergus)))
30-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Mysterious forces at work Facebook's tentacles promoted this for me this evening...

Hmmmmm...

You know what will happen if she questions Malpas and Butcher

green glory
30-04-2014, 10:54 AM
@Kenny_Millar: On the back of Leeann Dempster, expect Hibs to confirm @scotsunsport's story about the appointment of Eddie May as their new Head of Youth.

The goalie
30-04-2014, 11:04 AM
@Kenny_Millar: On the back of Leeann Dempster, expect Hibs to confirm @scotsunsport's story about the appointment of Eddie May as their new Head of Youth.

I wonder what this means for Bill Hendry? retiring or filling another role at EM? Also will May take the u20's or will James McDonagh still do that.

Also wonder if the goalie coach will ever coach the goalies? Since Scott Thomson has left the first team goalies see him rarley and he feels he "should not take any of the academy goalies, not my Job"

Interesting times ahead thats for sure.

Weir7
30-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Just spoke to a falkirk season ticket holder, he said that george craig had left falkirk, and he was a director, not a DoF? Maybe a different guy?

Same guy, interestingly hes tipped to be DOF but he is currently a management consultant who has been doing work for Hibs but hes not a fitba person eg managed, played, head scout etc. Seems strange appointment if as expected his appointment is made.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/falkirk-fc-chief-george-craig-to-move-on-1-1672049

Gatecrasher
30-04-2014, 11:50 AM
some good new coming out of the club the last few days, Hopefully she can bring a fresh approach which was definately needed (IMO). Hopefully the team can get enough points to stay up which will give LeeAnne the best start possible.

Gordy M
30-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Same guy, interestingly hes tipped to be DOF but is a mnagement consultant who has been doing work for Hibs but hes not a fitba person. Seems strange appointment if as expected his appointment is made.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/falkirk-fc-chief-george-craig-to-move-on-1-1672049
Ah right, cheers. My mate had said he was a marketing director or something similar, thats why i wondered if it was a different guy, or maybe they had his job title wrong?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Is James McDonaugh leaving for this Eddie May? It would be an absolute scandal if James was allowed to leave!

Coco Bryce
30-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Is James McDonaugh leaving for this Eddie May? It would be an absolute scandal if James was allowed to leave!

I wouldn't imagine so? Whoever comes in must be replaced Bill Hendry surely?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2014, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't imagine so? Whoever comes in must be replaced Bill Hendry surely?

Have a look at his Twitter!

Ozyhibby
30-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Have a look at his Twitter!

From that I don't think he knows. Fact is, if Eddie May is coming in as head of youth development then he will appoint whoever he sees fit.

Billy Whizz
30-04-2014, 02:46 PM
From that I don't think he knows. Fact is, if Eddie May is coming in as head of youth development then he will appoint whoever he sees fit.

What are Hendry/McDonaugh's titles?

Saorsa
30-04-2014, 02:51 PM
What are Hendry/McDonaugh's titles?http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/AcademyStaff/0,,10290,00.html

Bill Hendry
Head of Youth Development

​James McDonaughHead of Academy Coaching

Billy Whizz
30-04-2014, 02:59 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/AcademyStaff/0,,10290,00.html

Bill Hendry
Head of Youth Development

​James McDonaughHead of Academy Coaching

Thanks, you would have thought Eddie May's role would be to head up the full thing. One of the criticisms that has been aimed at Hibs, is that we've not been able to get the best boys in. Not sure what Eddie's skills are, coaching or recruitment

greenpaper55
30-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Anyone else feel that there are more changes to come in the near future ?, it feels to me that apart from what we have already heard that there is something going on behind the scenes-maybe even right at the top ?.

Saorsa
30-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks, you would have thought Eddie May's role would be to head up the full thing. One of the criticisms that has been aimed at Hibs, is that we've not been able to get the best boys in. Not sure what Eddie's skills are, coaching or recruitmentSurely though we dinnae need any mair than two people with other titles/roles as head of youth/academy......., one for the admin and one for the palying side. Surely one of them would have tae go. :dunno: keep that up and we'll end up with mair other staff than players

Billy Whizz
30-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Surely though we dinnae need any mair than two people with other titles/roles as head of youth/academy......., one for the admin and one for the palying side. Surely one of them would have tae go. :dunno: keep that up and we'll end up with mair other staff than players

That's why I'm asking who is he likely to replace, given his skills, unless we're substantially beefing up this side of the club