PDA

View Full Version : So.............who is to blame for our current woes?

theonlywayisup
28-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Lots of views on the forum of who is to blame for our current woes. Is it the players, Petrie, Farmer, Butcher etc?

Well this is you chance to vote :greengrin

You can select more that one http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2014, 12:44 PM
not voting due to not knowing exactly who to blame :( but it's been rumoured on here it's all the fault of the fans :)

James70
28-04-2014, 12:56 PM
You missed out Craig Thomson :confused:

Seriously it could be said that each and every one of the above could be faulted to a greater or lesser extent. However apathy comes from the very top and if there is no fire or ambition being generated there then it may be that managers and players feel less motivated.

Calderwood didn't care, Fenlon did care but was out of his depth and Butcher is using his own tactics with players that he didn't sign.

There seems to be a serious lack of leadership from the very top as clubs with presumably much lower budgets than ours are constantly outperforming us.

The Sea-gull
28-04-2014, 01:09 PM
I voted players, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, STF and Petrie. Petrie has to take overall responsibility for the general state of the club as he has been there a while now and he is head of organisation and that's how it works accross all businesses.

hibee19
28-04-2014, 01:57 PM
A massive turnover of players hasn't worked, many of whom who have been successful at other clubs.

Changing managers hasn't worked.

The blame quite clearly lies higher up the food chain.

GreenLake
28-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Collective mental negativity is the cause and the board, managers, players and fans have all made a contribution. We need some green sunshine and a magnetic attraction for Hibs class football to reappear.

Keith_M
28-04-2014, 02:00 PM
I voted for the Fans. I've read it so many times I'm now convinced.

I think if we play our remaining matches at East Mains we'll be fine.

mutley
28-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Match officials and poor reffereeing should have been an option too

Captain Trips
28-04-2014, 02:08 PM
The manager after Calderwood should have fixed his errors he didn't properly. At this juncture it is a Petrie.Butcher and Fenlon production.

NatureBoy
28-04-2014, 02:17 PM
A combination of STF and Petrie for me, no passion, no drive, no ambition! This attitude is slowly and very painfully killing us as a club!

I noticed yesterday during the warm up all the Hearts players went over to their fans and they were all pumping each other up for it. You think we'd ever see that win at all costs attitude and unity at ER? Sadly not under RP!

PeterboroHibee
28-04-2014, 02:27 PM
For the specific on field situation at the moment, the players and Butcher have to take responsibility. So many of them appear to have given up, and it doesnt appear that Butcher has a clue how to turn it around. Theres absolutely no excuse for so many players in that squad to be playing the way they are.

Bigger picture the majority of the blame seems to be at board level. Weve seen numerous managers fail, lots of transfer targets missed out on, and there are more and more stories coming out about how we are quite badly run from a footballing point of view. Despite that, no one ever seems to be held responsible for our failings (other than the manager).

sesoim
28-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Everyone has a part to blame, but Petrie seems to have a job for life no matter how badly the team does and how badly his managerial appointments do. And I really don't understand why STF can stand back and watch the club, his investment, deteriorate year by year. We were getting 14500+ average crowds a few years ago and could have been getting more now if we had been appointing the right managers and doing what we should be on the park.

As it is, I supported the appointment of Butcher but I think he has totally underestimated what needed done here. He had a poor January window and his tactics have been poor. I still think he will do a good job once he gets players in that suit his style, but it doesn't say much for his tactical know-how if he can't at least partially adapt his tactics to suit the players he currently has.

dangermouse
28-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I've gone for Butcher and the players. It's Butcher's job to develop the players, make them better, identify weaknesses in the team and if possible replace them with others who are performing better in training or U20 matches. He seems to be out of his depth with all of this.

The players are just as culpable as they are being paid to do a job and that job is to win football matches. It seems plain to me that some of them are doing their best and others have a holiday to sunnier climes on their mind and not bothering a leg.

Has Butcher, in his short tenure, "lost the dressing room"? Are his training methods worse than previous incumbents of his post? Is he crap at motivating?

Do the players respect the manager? Are they doing it in training but freezing on matchday?

Something has gone badly wrong and you can see it in the style of play. When Butcher first arrived his philosophy was to quickly close down the opposition, win back the ball and get it quickly into the box. Now we spend more time hoofing the ball up in the air or passing it straight to the opposition. No quick closing down, teams are doing this to us instead.

What the hell has happened to our team? Terry must know and it's up to him to fix it. Will he be here next season? For me, only if he can perform miracles.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2014, 03:48 PM
There plenty of blame to go around:

Tom Farmer and Petrie for long term decline
Fenlon for some of his signings
Butcher for blatantly failing to improve us.

Constant loan signings which undermine the concept of developing a team and creating a rapport with the support.

Right now I feel we need a new board, a new manager and a new squad. In other words, it couldn't be much worse.

trev the hat
28-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Lots of views on the forum of who is to blame for our current woes. Is it the players, Petrie, Farmer, Butcher etc?

You can select more that one http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Not the time for blame IMO stakes are too high, games still to be played.

Hibby70
28-04-2014, 03:55 PM
God.

SouthamptonHibs
28-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Pat Fenlon

Beefster
28-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Mental that folk are still blaming Calderwood for what's happening now and that Fenlon is only blamed by <25% of voters. He signed them all.

#2 Double Tap
28-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Petrie; makes the big decisions. Butcher; makes the other decisions. Players;do what they are told :P

greenlex
28-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I hate blame cultures. Recognise there is a problem. Solve whatever it is and move forward.

Eyrie
28-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Calderwood and Fenlon for the current squad, Petrie for appointing so many duds, the players for not being good enough and it's a .net FACT that the fans are to blame.

I hate blame cultures. Recognise there is a problem. Solve whatever it is and move forward.
You have to recognise the problem to be able to solve it, and in our case Petrie is part of the problem. Managers and players have moved on because they were part of the problem, so why not the chairman?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2014, 07:05 PM
It all stems from the "butterfly effect" caused by Gretna being allowed into the league.

LioNeilMessi
28-04-2014, 07:06 PM
East Stand for me. We've been in decline ever since it was built :agree:

#FromTheCapital
28-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Tam McCourt

theonlywayisup
18-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Interesting to see that after Rod, the next most common response is THE PLAYERS.

Well, if true, they got us into this mess, they can get us out of it. I prey :pray:

My view, it is down to the managers and we, the fans.

We, the fans, are far too quick to get on the backs of certain players, as stated so many times on the Spoony thread.

However, in our defence, we have had to watch an increasingly depressing and mind-numbing style of football, it is not surprising that we (a renowned loyal support) have turned on our own. Not since Mowbray have we had a manager that played the style of football we enjoy to watch. Yes, Yogi and JC, delivered it in some matches too, but we have been on a downward trend since Tony' s departure.

New managers arrive, but they seem incapable of fixing what is so apparent to us all. Our full-backs historically offer very little in attack nor defence, our midfields are often devoid of creativity nor defensive resolve, we never have wingers that consistently get to the byeline and get crosses in, we rarely have commanding centre-backs and there is a lack of pace across the whole team for many a season. And, with the exception of Stokes, Deeks and Sparky, we rarely have players that put the ball in the net often enough.

If someone like me, who knows nothing about football apart from watching my beloved Hibs for forty years, then why can't our managers (plural) see that. Why?

Spike Mandela
18-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Whomever has had overall responsibility for our footballing operations in the last seven years. Epic Fail.

theonlywayisup
18-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Whomever has had overall responsibility for our footballing operations in the last seven years. Epic Fail.

Easy option and after so many failed managers not a surprise. I am not sure though.

yeezus.
18-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Petrie made a few very poor decisions in regards to appointing managers and I feel his tight arse approach has denied us good players we could've had.

Captain Trips
18-05-2014, 09:48 PM
As it is current woes then Butcher and the dross he has mismanaged to brink of disaster.

Grand orchestra though conducted by R.Petrie.

ScottB
18-05-2014, 09:52 PM
We've been in a perfect storm of decline for years.

For me it start's with us losing Donald Park. Our youth system stalled after the golden generation. At the time we were cutting expenditure and increased our outgoings with East Mains, and then the East Stand.

I can only assume our master plan was to have a team based on youth, which could then be sold on, supported by a few experienced signings. With no youth coming through we had to spend the same amount of money on more players, which resulted in a lot of crap signings, which then had to be paid off and replaced, all without anymore youngsters to sell off either. So each required set of journeymen further shrunk the pot to replace them, leading to us getting worse and worse.

Which leaves us here, now teetering on the brink of relegation. At least we seem to be finally sorting things out behind the scenes, the youth system has started to improve, and apparently will be reorganised. But to me, we either need to accept that we need to temporarily spend more to get back up to a decent level, or just accept we'll continue to be crap until we can start churning out half a squad of first team worthy players from the youth system, allowing our resources to be focused on signing only a few quality pros.

HFC93
18-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Kujabi

Gustavo Fring
18-05-2014, 09:59 PM
East Stand for me. We've been in decline ever since it was built :agree:

cant argue with that

Deansy
18-05-2014, 10:13 PM
I voted for STF and Petrie. The over-riding 'fear' of us ever being in in the same-state we were in when Mercer tried to kill us, has led to a 'Business-First, Football-Second' culture dominating all and everything at ER. IMHO, this has had the effect of taking all the passion, drive, pride, belief etc out of ER. Read somewhere a couple of ex-players had likened it to 'more like playing for Standard-Life than a Football-Club' !!. How often have we seen good players arrive and after a few months, watch the malaise at ER turn them into crap-ones - Craig, McGivern, Tudor-Jones etc are all examples.

Don't have an over-night cure but if we're to recover, the first-step (again, IMHO) is to get 'The Hibs' back into Hibs - maybe find/create jobs for ex-players like Jimmy O'Rourke at ER who can pass on their love, knowledge, pride, enthusiasm etc of the club onto the players ??.

Hibercelona
18-05-2014, 10:25 PM
It starts from the very top, therefore I voted for Farmer.

Hibs are Farmers possession. Hibs are in decline because he isn't taking proper care of his possession, or making the necessary decisions required in order to sort things out.

A lot of people blame Petrie solely for this mess. But who's fault is it that he's still here and has kept the exact same position within the club throughout the years?

The only person that can rid or demote Petrie is Farmer. His failure to do this has cost us dearly over the past several years.

Regardless of the business model, everything traces back to the owner.

StokePogesHibs
19-05-2014, 03:03 AM
It starts from the very top, therefore I voted for Farmer.

Hibs are Farmers possession. Hibs are in decline because he isn't taking proper care of his possession, or making the necessary decisions required in order to sort things out.

A lot of people blame Petrie solely for this mess. But who's fault is it that he's still here and has kept the exact same position within the club throughout the years?

The only person that can rid or demote Petrie is Farmer. His failure to do this has cost us dearly over the past several years.

Regardless of the business model, everything traces back to the owner.

We can never, and I mean never, thank Sir Tom enough for his intervention and investment over the last 20 years. Trouble is he is an Edinburgh, Leith, Community man. He took the club on under pressure but it will never be his passion. He probably thought there would be a wealthy fan to take up his mantle. It has not happened. Best thing for Hibs and the Farmer family is to develop a go forward plan for the next 10 years. Family in or another ownership model.

In the heat of tough times its easy to go after the owner. Those of us old enough to remember know that Sir Tom did not choose this as part of his retirement plan. If you fancy a mess just put 'The Rangers Govan' into google. Hard times on the park but we still have a club.

Russ
19-05-2014, 03:19 AM

You can select more that one :greengrin

Reeks of yam if you ask me, and if not why the continued negative pish? We're where we are for a variety of reasons, and what's there to laugh about?

Russ
19-05-2014, 03:23 AM
As it is current woes then Butcher and the dross he has mismanaged to brink of disaster.

Grand orchestra though conducted by R.Petrie.

I think we got the point several hundred posts ago that you blame Butcher, change the record and move on.

PeeJay
19-05-2014, 06:49 AM
This is a situation that has been here for several season now so it seems unlikely that all the blame can lie with recent/current managers/players. Seems to me the common denominator throughout our demise is right at the top of the club. That's where the problem is, and that's where it has to be sorted, otherwise we'll just keep going through the same mistakes and achieving next to nothing .... Farmer / Petrie have to be replaced.

Captain Trips
19-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I think we got the point several hundred posts ago that you blame Butcher, change the record and move on.

Either discuss my points with me or not or place me on ignore. In case you failed to notice it was a thread asking a specific question that I answered. It is irrelevant if on other threads I have stated this once or 100x.

Either disagree with my points or agree with them and tell my why, if neither suits then simply ignore. Your response offers zero to me or the thread and therefore means nothing to me.

I am here to discuss Hibs only. Not opinions of me or how often I post.

You are of course free to quote and post as you like but anything directed to me that doesn't relate to my post content for discussion I have utterly no interest in so hopefully will save you or anyone else their time.

Keith_M
19-05-2014, 10:01 AM
It's defo the fans.

We demand unreasonable levels of success, like finishing in the top six occassionally, and demand too much from the players, e.g. the ability to control a ball or score a goal.

Fans Out!!!

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2014, 10:21 AM
We've been in a perfect storm of decline for years.

For me it start's with us losing Donald Park. Our youth system stalled after the golden generation. At the time we were cutting expenditure and increased our outgoings with East Mains, and then the East Stand.

I can only assume our master plan was to have a team based on youth, which could then be sold on, supported by a few experienced signings. With no youth coming through we had to spend the same amount of money on more players, which resulted in a lot of crap signings, which then had to be paid off and replaced, all without anymore youngsters to sell off either. So each required set of journeymen further shrunk the pot to replace them, leading to us getting worse and worse.

Which leaves us here, now teetering on the brink of relegation. At least we seem to be finally sorting things out behind the scenes, the youth system has started to improve, and apparently will be reorganised. But to me, we either need to accept that we need to temporarily spend more to get back up to a decent level, or just accept we'll continue to be crap until we can start churning out half a squad of first team worthy players from the youth system, allowing our resources to be focused on signing only a few quality pros.

As the years go on the loss of Donald park grows ever more significant ..... Hibs should have done anything required to keep this guy if he was as instrumental in bringing through the class of 2007 as folk say he was.

Having said that. If Hibs plan is to rely on a steady stream of quality youth players bolstering the top team with a view to 1) winning stuff and 2) cashing in on them at a later date then there is proof indeed that the people running this club do not have clue one about what they are doing. It is also proof positive that for all their business acumen their lack of knowledge of football and more importantly its post war history is, and will continue to, hamper the clubs chances of success.

There is no such thing as a steady stream of quality players coming through a clubs youth system. Since the war there have been a number of examples of clubs who got lucky once. Celtic, Man Utd, Dundee Utd and Hibs ( I dare say there are others ) can point to a period of 2 or 3 years where they struck gold with their youth system ....... but it didn't last. Even Man Utd with their pick of the best youngsters available have never been able to replicate the Giggs. Scholes, Beckham era, not even close in fact.

The board baulk at the thought of taking a calculated risk in the transfer market or upping the wage bill. Putting the clubs future in the hands of a system which history proves is highly unlikely to make the club successful on the pitch and just as unlikely to make us money off it is and will drag us to hell.

Don't get me wrong .... a good youth system is vital for any club, with luck you will find one, maybe two, players who will reach top team standard every year ..... you will not on anything like a regular basis find a player who will be a game changer for your team or be worth a million quid in the transfer market.

There is a wealth of evidence out there proving that this is true. Anybody running a football club who thinks that this is the basket to chuck all of your eggs into is a bloody fool.

Peevemor
19-05-2014, 10:30 AM
As the years go on the loss of Donald park grows ever more significant ..... Hibs should have done anything required to keep this guy if he was as instrumental in bringing through the class of 2007 as folk say he was...

I don't disagree with you, but easier said than done IMO.

Donald was made assistant manager twice - under Sauzée and then mixu. In between the two he was assistant to Robbo at Inverness and Hearts.

He didn't make a fortune out of the game and often worked long hours (partly down to me :greengrin) when he had the West End Hotel with George Mackie.

A coach/assistant position at any club is precarious, and I think he needed the stability of his current SFA job.

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't disagree with you, but easier said than done IMO.

Donald was made assistant manager twice - under Sauzée and then mixu. In between the two he was assistant to Robbo at Inverness and Hearts.

He didn't make a fortune out of the game and often worked long hours (partly down to me :greengrin) when he had the West End Hotel with George Mackie.

A coach/assistant position at any club is precarious, and I think he needed the stability of his current SFA job.

I thought he was poached by the sellik and he was still there. SFA is a good gig as you say.

Hibercelona
19-05-2014, 10:58 AM
We can never, and I mean never, thank Sir Tom enough for his intervention and investment over the last 20 years. Trouble is he is an Edinburgh, Leith, Community man. He took the club on under pressure but it will never be his passion. He probably thought there would be a wealthy fan to take up his mantle. It has not happened. Best thing for Hibs and the Farmer family is to develop a go forward plan for the next 10 years. Family in or another ownership model.

In the heat of tough times its easy to go after the owner. Those of us old enough to remember know that Sir Tom did not choose this as part of his retirement plan. If you fancy a mess just put 'The Rangers Govan' into google. Hard times on the park but we still have a club.

I never said I wasn't grateful for his intervention and his investments.

I also don't get your point about Rangers. I never said anything about throwing crazy amounts of cash around, not even close to my point.

My point is, he has stuck with a man based on nothing more than the fact that he can keep the balance sheets steady.

But for every mistake that Rod Petrie makes, he cuts it out of the budget in order to cover his own arse by balancing the accounts. There's nothing skilful about that.

Most people agree that Rod Petrie is a huge part of the problem. But most still refuse to point the finger at Farmer, despite him being the very reason that Petrie has remained in the same position all of these years.

Peevemor
19-05-2014, 11:13 AM
I thought he was poached by the sellik and he was still there. SFA is a good gig as you say.

That was John Park.

There's still a lot of debate over who had the greater influence on the "golden generation".

Newry Hibs
19-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Voted 'other'.

Quite clearly it's the fault of the other teams in the league. If they didn't have better players / teams, then we would be top.

emerald green
19-05-2014, 11:46 AM
It's defo the fans.

We demand unreasonable levels of success, like finishing in the top six occassionally, and demand too much from the players, e.g. the ability to control a ball or score a goal.

Fans Out!!!

Or, maybe give the bevvy a rest for one Saturday night after they have lost for the umpteenth time, and the club has been consigned to a relegation play off?

Fergus52
19-05-2014, 11:56 AM
How does Fenlon have more votes than calderwood?

He took Calerwood's abysmal squad from 11th to 5th with two cup finals to boot.

PeeJay
19-05-2014, 12:33 PM

I don't recall us finishing 5th under Fenlon?

Keith_M
19-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Or, maybe give the bevvy a rest for one Saturday night after they have lost for the umpteenth time, and the club has been consigned to a relegation play off?

:faf:

Keith_M
19-05-2014, 12:59 PM

It was 11th and 7th.

Crazyhorse
19-05-2014, 01:19 PM
It was 11th and 7th.

I remember it well the 'golden era' under Fenlon :greengrin

Captain Trips
19-05-2014, 01:34 PM

Funnily enough Butcher has taken Fenlons average squad from 7th to 11th. 11th twice in 3 seasons what a joke.

HibsNutter
19-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm sick to death of hearing this nonsense about fans being overly negative.

If any club in the world had been as mediocre as we have been and underachieved for so long, turned out in big numbers in cup finals only to be embarrassed twice- one of which being a drubbing from our fiercest rivals- and just plainly not been able to match lesser clubs with around half our budget on the park, you'd expect the same rumblings of discontent.

These players are paid to be professional footballers, if they can't do the basics then of course people on the terrace are going to complain, that's the way football is. We simply deserve better.

Having said that, I try to be as positive as I can, I'm just making a case for others, and I'll be at both legs of the play off in what looks likely to be another big turnout, hopefully this time we won't be let down.

Saorsa
19-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Petrie & Farmer for leaving him there tae get on with ****in' it up.

silverhibee
19-05-2014, 03:31 PM
That was John Park.

There's still a lot of debate over who had the greater influence on the "golden generation".

My money would be on Donald and Malky Thomson.

19-05-2014, 04:36 PM
How anybody could possibly blame the fans for this is utterly ridiculous. The fans have stood by the club and continue to support the club despite year upon year of failures and humiliations. The fans are the life blood of this football club.

I'm not sure exactly where to point the finger at but look at clubs like St Johnston, Motherwell, ICT etc. they all have considerably less resourses and money than us yet they continue to finish higher than us and enjoy more success. They have a very limited budget but they manage to get the absolute best out of it, where as we on the other hand should be achieveing far far better as we have a lot more. The reality is though that we buy fairly uninspiring, unheard of players (with a few exceptions). If we had signed Rooney last year, that would have been a really exciting signing, it would have given the fans a bit of a lift as he is a proven top goalscorer in the SPL.

There must be something wrong with the mentality at the club as well, we seem to have far less bottle than most teams and accept mediocracy instead of the belief and desire to be far higher than we are. You only have to look at derbies to see that this is the case. Over the years, we have been turned over by hearts (even very very poor hearts teams) simply because most of the time they have a much better mentality in derbies than us. They go in believing they WILL win. Ryan McGowan tweeted a few weeks ago that the moment a player signs for hearts it is instantly drilled into him they "we DO NOT loose to hibs". That may seem a bit over obssesive with us but IMO it's the reason they have enjoyed so much success against us over the years and I wish we had a bit more of that attitude.

The club needs a huge change. The fans are sick fed up of disappointment. We want a club that does not accept failure. In the summer we need a huge clear out and if the club is serious about turning things around and proving to us fans that things are improving, then they will bring in big signings that will get the fans interested and excited again. I'm not saying lets do a hearts and go breaking the banks splashing millions of pounds of players but i'd like the club to show a bit of ambitious and instead of signing some unheard of journeyman from the english lower leagues, buy a player the fans have heard of and who is a proven good player at this level.

Malthibby
19-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Fans out. Fans in. Possiby to the sound of the hokey cokey.
I certainly blame myself, because I'd be a lot happier if I didn't support the Hibees.
Instead I'm a grumpy old bassa & it's all my own fault.
And no blaming STF please. We wouldn't exist if it were not his support so he gets a lifetime pass from me.
GG

snooky
19-05-2014, 05:04 PM
We should have kept the slope - at least then, when we were on the decline, we generally won.

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Fans out. Fans in. Possiby to the sound of the hokey cokey.
I certainly blame myself, because I'd be a lot happier if I didn't support the Hibees.
Instead I'm a grumpy old bassa & it's all my own fault.
And no blaming STF please. We wouldn't exist if it were not his support so he gets a lifetime pass from me.
GG

This is exactly like one of these banana republics where the selfish greedy rich bassas who were in control have been overthrown by revolutionaries.

But instead of the revolution being a means to an end 20 years down the line its STILL the revolution. Aye the new guys in charge have built a 10 lane motorway system, an Olympic stadium and an international airport. But for the poor sods who filled the streets to cheer the new order nothing has really changed.

Heaven help any poor sod who might be brave enough to challenge the revolution or worse say a bad word about El Presidente ... who by the way is now president for life. His apologists will say .... 'he freed us from tyranny' .... ignoring the fact that where it really matters .. civil liberties, electricity that works for more than 2 hours a day and feeding the people El Presidente has been, lets say, less than effective.

Never mind though ..... he got rid of the last lot and for that we should be forever grateful, we cant expect him to step aside for a new regime which might give the proles the things they are crying out for.

Viva the revolution !!!

:flag:

Waxy
19-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I blame the new east stand.Its drowned out the atmosphere a smidgeon or three.
This could be rectified by safe standing in the lower FF.

SouthamptonHibs
19-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I blame Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, Petrie, youth team coaches, who ever runs East Mains, the remainder of the board who put our football strategy together, the company that runs the food kiosks on Matchday for there over priced grub, Hibs for having a crap over priced programme, the stewards for adding no fun to the game, the match day announcer for doing that annoying 10,9,8,7 count down every time the youngster are doing the half time challenge and off course the Hibs dj for not playing any stuff for wynding the Hearts up.

Seriously everything is wrong at the club.

On a positive note I'll save the abuse for 5.30pm on Sunday after we beat Hamilton, this is a massive week for us

Ggtth

19-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I blame the new east stand.Its drowned out the atmosphere a smidgeon or three.
This could be rectified by safe standing in the lower FF.

Whilst I agree with what your saying, what about the likes of St Johnstone, ICT etc. they play in front of a few thousand home fans and the atmostphere is usually pretty bleak yet thats not stopped them being good on the park.

emerald green
19-05-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm sick to death of hearing this nonsense about fans being overly negative.

If any club in the world had been as mediocre as we have been and underachieved for so long, turned out in big numbers in cup finals only to be embarrassed twice- one of which being a drubbing from our fiercest rivals- and just plainly not been able to match lesser clubs with around half our budget on the park, you'd expect the same rumblings of discontent.

These players are paid to be professional footballers, if they can't do the basics then of course people on the terrace are going to complain, that's the way football is. We simply deserve better.

Having said that, I try to be as positive as I can, I'm just making a case for others, and I'll be at both legs of the play off in what looks likely to be another big turnout, hopefully this time we won't be let down.

:agree: Agreed. What does being "negative" actually mean anyway? Does being "negative" mean that you have dared to criticise players, manager, chairman, owner, groundsman, any combination of these, no matter how poorly they have performed, and no matter how justified and well deserved that criticism actually is? Hibs fans do what football fans worldwide do. They are no better, and no worse, than fans all over the world. Fans are happy when things are going well. The reverse when things are going badly. In fact, I would go as far as to say Hibs fans have been unbelievably patient with what they have had to put up with for years now.

basehibby
19-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I've put everyone except the SFA and the cheats - plus Craig Thomson as the "other".

Malthibby
19-05-2014, 06:29 PM
[/B]This is exactly like one of these banana republics where the selfish greedy rich bassas who were in control have been overthrown by revolutionaries.

But instead of the revolution being a means to an end 20 years down the line its STILL the revolution. Aye the new guys in charge have built a 10 lane motorway system, an Olympic stadium and an international airport. But for the poor sods who filled the streets to cheer the new order nothing has really changed.

Heaven help any poor sod who might be brave enough to challenge the revolution or worse say a bad word about El Presidente ... who by the way is now president for life. His apologists will say .... 'he freed us from tyranny' .... ignoring the fact that where it really matters .. civil liberties, electricity that works for more than 2 hours a day and feeding the people El Presidente has been, lets say, less than effective.

Never mind though ..... he got rid of the last lot and for that we should be forever grateful, we cant expect him to step aside for a new regime which might give the proles the things they are crying out for.

Viva the revolution !!!

Not for nothing is Fidel Castro my hero.....:greengrin
GG

Eyrie
19-05-2014, 07:08 PM
[/B]This is exactly like one of these banana republics where the selfish greedy rich bassas who were in control have been overthrown by revolutionaries.

Viva the revolution !!!

I see that Comrade Rod has been voted the main villain by over half of the electorate.

VivaHiberña
19-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Evidently time someone posted this. :greengrin

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/calamitus/che-guevara-t-shirt-legend.jpg

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Evidently time someone posted this. :greengrin

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/calamitus/che-guevara-t-shirt-legend.jpg

:greengrin

yekimevol
19-05-2014, 09:21 PM
The manager after Calderwood should have fixed his errors he didn't properly. At this juncture it is a Petrie.Butcher and Fenlon production.

Did he not last season ? the 7th placed finish compared to the 10th and 11th of the prior seasons ? Losing the best striker in scotland was always going to make this a hellish season, a club like ours cannot replace that but Pat still had us 7th when he left.

yekimevol
19-05-2014, 09:30 PM
The the current predicament of the playoffs ? Terry Butcher, The managers job is to get the most out of a group of players by any means necessary and all i have seen is the chopping and changing of players in the same or very similar systems not changing the system to get the most out of the players. Just to shock people; I still believe that there are decent players in this squad KT, Robbo, Harris, Williams, Jones, Hanlon, Mcpake and even Craig is there a reason why his goals dried up when terry arrived or is it just a coincidence ? I refuse to believe that good or at-least decent players just become bad.

If you get a job as a manager at a company you still generally have to get better results with the staff you have you generally cannot walk into your new store and sack everyone; Butcher is the self same to me.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Butcher and players it's a no brainer, the rest is just smoke and mirrors.