PDA

View Full Version : Great Initiative!

hibeeleicester
28-04-2014, 11:38 AM
After seeing this i had to share it, think its a brilliant idea and definitely something we should be doing.

Posh have nearly finished their new stand and will have extra space (similar to us). Instead of going to waste they are doing this! :agree:

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/20140428-posh-to-join-forces-with-schools-1515567.aspx

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2014, 11:44 AM
That's a good move by Peterborough. You've got to get the next generation supporting their local club early. Well done to them.

Joe6-2
28-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Great idea, no harm giving it a go

Keith_M
28-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Giving schoolkids free tickets to Easter Road is tantamount to child abuse!

In actual fact, Hibs have done this before

Frogga
28-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Livi used to do this in my school (and many others) when they were coming up the leagues. When they first came up they were getting 5,000 or so most weeks but they stopped it and it'd be hard to argue that it was successful long term.

Wighty76
28-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Agreed it's a good initiative.

Gets the next generation of fans interested.

Hibercelona
28-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Good move, gets the next generation interested. In our case though, it would be completely demoralizing at the moment.

rcarter1
28-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Good move, gets the next generation interested. In our case though, it would be completely demoralizing at the moment.

:agree:
Put the next generation off for life going at the moment. Would increase reading in our youth however so maybe this can be a government sponsored initiative. :green grin

Jonnyboy
28-04-2014, 08:12 PM

My God, what a dismal world you live in.

There was ten kids on the park at half time yesterday, via the Kicks for Kids initiative and they looked anything but demoralised

Stax
28-04-2014, 09:00 PM
To be fair to hibs I think we've been doing something similar for a while now. Hibs kids is great value, my son also does the green shoots training and has been on the pitch at halftime. We go every other game but my 9yr old girl really enjoys her 4 games a season as part of hibs kids. Can't believe people on here talking pi** about putting people of for life. Plenty time in life to get cynical and a sh** team at the moment isn't going to stop me carrying on as my great grandfather did of taking his bairns to support hibs. Sorry, rant over:greengrin

patlowe
29-04-2014, 11:25 AM
A bit of a tangential point here but when I think back to my formative years as a Hibs fan, it was the relegation/promotion years (the play-off win, the 98 derbies, the emotional rollercoaster of going down and coming back up) that really cemented my love for the club as a youngster. I don't know why this is the case but I guess it might be to do with adversity and the thrill that comes with going through the full gamut of shared emotions (hope/relief/disappointment/joy etc) we all experience together as football fans at such times. I'm not saying that it's necessarily directly comparable to now but I wouldn't assume that young people would be put off supporting Hibs by going to the games just now. For example, and I know it's not where we want to be, if we can get a big crowd next week and somehow pull off a result then the emotional outpouring would be intoxicating for all of us, let alone children new to the experience. I'm sure you could make a counter argument based on the assumption that the crowd and result will be poor but I'm trying to be positive!