PDA

View Full Version : There was no lack of fight yesterday

Pretty Boy
28-04-2014, 11:26 AM
As it says on the tin. We can say what we like about the current team but yesterday there was no lack of effort or fight. Butcher said it, Locke said it and a fair few on here have said it. Was there a lot of quality? No. Are these players going to progress us next year? No. BUT they are what we have until the end of the season and they have a huge job and responsibilty on their hands.

If the team show that kind of effort until the end of the season we might just have enough to avoid that play off and start the rebuild with the Premiership in mind. We as fans can either get behind this team and try and help them to stay up or we can abuse them and vote with our feet. As far as I can see there is only one realistic option. We have a whole summer to dissect this season, we can bombard the board with emails and letters, picket the stadium for weeks and, if you choose to do so, withhold your money. But right now we need to be supporters and back this team.

If you were a Partick Thistle player would you rather run out in frobt of 9000 at ER or 14000? Would the bigger crowd not just put a bit doubt in your mind? Make you think 'hang on this is a big club, they don't belong down here'? We can't influence things on the park too much but we can do our bit by being supporters. Telling James Collins he is pish doesn't help anyone, even if you think Ryan McGivern is a bevvy merchant and not fit to wear the shirt shouting at him in a car park doesn't help. They are what we have and there is nothing that can be done about that at the moment so let's suck it up and back them.

Being a Hibs supporter was never about it being easy, you aren't going to see trophy after trophy paraded down Leith Walk. Supporting Hibs is about being there during the bad times so the good times are all the sweeter. Should we better than we are now? Absolutely. Should we as fans accept the last 7 years? No way. Do we have a right to question Rod Petrie et al? Yes. But right now we are where we are so let's show what being a Hibs fan is all about. We fought to save the club once and it would be a shame if apathy saw us sleepwalk into the 1st division. The players showed us they quite fancy the fight yesterday so let's show the rest of Scottish football that Hibs fans are up for the fight.

I should add this is all my opinion. It's not a dig at those who wish to stay away or protest. It's 100% not a 'it's the fans fault' post. It's merely my view that between now and the end of the season we need everyone pulling in the same direction.

WestEndHibee
28-04-2014, 11:32 AM
As it says on the tin. We can say what we like about the current team but yesterday there was no lack of effort or fight. Butcher said it, Locke said it and a fair few on here have said it. Was there a lot of quality? No. Are these players going to progress us next year? No. BUT they are what we have until the end of the season and they have a huge job and responsibilty on their hands.

If the team show that kind of effort until the end of the seasob we might just have enough to avoid that play off and start the rebuild with the Premiership in mind. We as fans can either get behind this team and try and help them to stay up or we can abuse them and vote with our feet. As far as I can see there is only one realistic option. We have a whole summer to dissect this season, we can bombard the board with emails and letters, picket the stadium for weeks and, if you choose to do so, withhold your money. But right now we need to be supporters and back this team.

If you were a Partick Thistle player would you rather run out in frobt of 9000 at ER or 14000? Would the bigger crowd not just put a bit doubt in your mind? Make you think 'hang on this is a big club, they don't belong down here'? We can't influence things on the park too much but we can do our bit by being supporters. Telling James Collins he is pish doesn't help anyone, even if you think Ryan McGivern is a bevvy merchant and not fit to wear the shirt shouting at him in a car park doesn't help. They are what we have and there is nothing that can be done about that at the moment so let's suck it up and back them.

Being a Hibs supporter was never about it being easy, you aren't going to see trophy after trophy paraded down Leith Walk. Supportibf Hibs is about being there during the bad times so the good times are all the sweeter. Should we better than we are now? Absolutely. Should we as fans accept the last 7 years? No way. Do we jave a right to question Rod Petrie et al? Yes. But right now we are where we are so let's show what being a Hibs fan is all about. We fought to save the club once and it would be a shame if apathy saw us sleepwalk into the 1st division. The players showed us they quite fancy the fight yesterday so let's show the rest of Scottish football that Hibs fans are up for the fight.

I should add this is all my opinion. It's not a dig at those who wish to stay away or protest. It's 100% not a 'it's the fans fault' post. It's merely my view that between now and the end of the season we need everyone pulling in the same direction.

:top marks Brilliant Post.

The bit in bold is something my Dad taught me when I complained that all my friends (old firm kids) got to see loads of trophies being lifted.

I'll be there on Saturday and I'll cheer the team. It'll be a heck of a lot easier to change things if we have the security of the spfl status.

Mon' the Hibees! :flag:

Paloschi
28-04-2014, 11:37 AM

If the team show that kind of effort until the end of the season we might just have enough to avoid that play off and start the rebuild with the Premiership in mind. We as fans can either get behind this team and try and help them to stay up or we can abuse them and vote with our feet. As far as I can see there is only one realistic option. We have a whole summer to dissect this season, we can bombard the board with emails and letters, picket the stadium for weeks and, if you choose to do so, withhold your money. But right now we need to be supporters and back this team.

Being a Hibs supporter was never about it being easy, you aren't going to see trophy after trophy paraded down Leith Walk. Supporting Hibs is about being there during the bad times so the good times are all the sweeter. Should we better than we are now? Absolutely. Should we as fans accept the last 7 years? No way. Do we have a right to question Rod Petrie et al? Yes. But right now we are where we are so let's show what being a Hibs fan is all about. We fought to save the club once and it would be a shame if apathy saw us sleepwalk into the 1st division. The players showed us they quite fancy the fight yesterday so let's show the rest of Scottish football that Hibs fans are up for the fight.

I agree. I thought we were the better team and we were actually 'thinking' about the game and how to play football. Harris was a danger until Butcher switched him to the left. Cummings, Thomson, Stanton and even Craig were passing into feet well.

Unfortunately we could not defend 2 set pieces and they took their chances. The referee can take part blame for their second too. Hertz cant committed the foul but the ref gave it to them. Are we shocked? NO :agree:

A decent fight and performance is all very well but football is about scoring goals. It is because of this that I think we are play-off bound. Other teams have players that can bury chances we don't. We used to moan about players like Donaldson and Antione-Courier but i'd give my left arm for them to back at the club for this run in.

The only positive I took from the game was that I'm not a maroon scarf twirling freak. I just hope we sneak a win somewhere and stay up.

greenpaper55
28-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Hearts were there for the taking, two set pieces did for us and we had them on the back foot for much of the second half. There seemed a wee bit of belief later in the game and if we could only stop losing the first goal we will have half a chance, by the way how crap are the Hearts ? there is no way will they find it easy next season if that's the best they can do.

Tom Hart RIP
28-04-2014, 11:54 AM
In the second half Michael Nelson took a bad head knock but as we had possession he got to his feet in case the ref stopped play. We soon lost possession and he then had to win two headers in quick succession to prevent Hearts attacking.
No-one could question his commitment.

marinello59
28-04-2014, 11:59 AM

:top marks

JimBHibees
28-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Great post and agree with every word. As you say we should never been in this position however the most positive thing that fans can do in the last 3 games is support and cheer the team all the way. This isn't time for naval gazing it is time to be positive and help the team as much as possible.

ALF TUPPER
28-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Good rallying call.

after yesterday i had pretty much decided to give the Jags game a miss.

But ............. i'm up for it. I dont want us playing in the same division next season as those maggots. I want to see what TB will do with the team next season in the Premiership.

See you on Saturday. GGTTH

:thumbsup:

Expecting Rain
28-04-2014, 12:16 PM

Great post, great attitude.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Good attitude. I decided last night I was going to give it a miss till next season but I've changed my mind. I'll be there on Saturday. Not sure it will be so easy to convince my 7 year old but I'll give it a go.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Good attitude. I decided last night I was going to give it a miss till next season but I've changed my mind. I'll be there on Saturday. Not sure it will be so easy to convince my 7 year old but I'll give it a go.

I was close to chucking it earlier in the season.

Can't do it though. Hibs are like getting married, it's meant to be for better or worse.

The_Horde
28-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Good stuff. Everyone can see we're struggling at the moment but there's no point complaining and greeting about it and creating even more of a negative haze.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Good post! Will definitely be at the ptfc game and if it's important I'll be at the killie one as well.

bobbyhibs1983
28-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Can't do it though. Hibs are like getting married, it's meant to be for better or worse.

If hibs are like being married i must say i'm never getting married :na na:

Eyrie
28-04-2014, 06:35 PM

You can always get divorced if things get really bad, but that only applies to the marriage.

h18sfn
28-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I don't ever post on here I'm more a reader, but that's the best post I've seen all year just brilliant

Frogga
28-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Really well said. It was refreshing to read that post and I totally agree that we weren't that bad. We weren't great but if we'd won 2-0 (which wouldn't have been undeserved) then I'm sure we'd be congratulating Thomson on his work in DMf, Cummings on a great lone-striker job, Harris on a vastly improved performance, Stanton on his AMf work, etc. Tbh I didn't even think McGivern was that bad! I reckon if we'd played that game again 10 times Hearts might have one once or twice at most. Wish I could be at the Partick game!

iwasthere1972
28-04-2014, 07:06 PM
I didn't think we were that bad either especially in the second half. Hearts had a couple of chances and with the aid of our defence they scored twice. After that they rarely troubled us. Might have had something to do with them leading 2-0 but we don't know that.

If we had had the luck that that lot get then we could be on here saying what a great derby it was and to win 3-2 that a result that not many of us expected. Call it paranoia but they seem to get the luck of the bounce of the ball whereas we get sod all. Would have helped if Collins hadn't missed that sitter because with a few minutes to go I reckon we would have scored another one.

Hearts once again stole the points.

GreenLake
28-04-2014, 07:07 PM
This is the best thread for a long time. I hope you guys see a win at the next match.:thumbsup:

Kato
28-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Everyone at the game, including me, has to support the team and make it as uncomfortable as possible for the Jags.
Pretty simple.

Stax
28-04-2014, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=iwasthere1972;3988307]I didn't think we were that bad either especially in the second half. Hearts had a couple of chances and with the aid of our defence they scored twice. After that they rarely troubled us. Might have had something to do with them leading 2-0 but we don't know that.

If we had had the luck that that lot get then we could be on here saying what a great derby it was and to win 3-2 that a result that not many of us expected. Call it paranoia but they seem to get the luck of the bounce of the ball whereas we get sod all. Would have helped if Collins hadn't missed that sitter because with a few minutes to go I reckon we would have scored another one.

Hearts once again stole the points.[/QUOTE
Agree 100% & the O.P was spot on as well. It's done let's look forward, back the team (again) and keep our place in the league.

spike220
28-04-2014, 07:44 PM

Good post, that is the best we have played in a while, if we play like that moving forward we will win more than we will lose.

Carheenlea
28-04-2014, 07:48 PM

An excellent post :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Top drawer mate.

Let's abuse the Partick players not the Hibs players.

Crossgates Hibs
29-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Top drawer mate.

Let's abuse the Partick players not the Hibs players.

this is key we need to behave like Rantic scream for everything rightly or wrongly. Totally shake up the opposition berate everything whilst getting behind Hibs no groaning at slack balls or abusing our own players just total backing whilst barracking Thistle. Last year at Killie in the cup it was like we dragged the team through the game the support was fantastic we need more of the same this time. Then we need to do the same against Killie and in the play offs should we end up there. It's time to show we are best fans going and that a club our size needs to be in the top league.

The Harp
29-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Superb original post from Pretty Boy, well done that man.:aok: You've got it spot on with your inspired rallying call. One thing you overlooked though ... you never mentioned if you were going on Saturday ...:wink:

s.a.m
29-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Completely agree, Pretty Boy. Excellent post.

Agree also with Danderhall and Crossgates above; we need to ramp up the pressure on the opposition, and pull together to drag our own team over the line. Encourage them, rather than try to intimidate them.

Spike Mandela
29-04-2014, 07:59 AM
There are just some occasions where the team need us fans more than we need them. These last few games are one of those such occasions.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Superb original post from Pretty Boy, well done that man.:aok: You've got it spot on with your inspired rallying call. One thing you overlooked though ... you never mentioned if you were going on Saturday ...:wink:

Na think I'll give it a miss.......