PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs Mindset

Expecting Rain
28-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Someone has to eliminate the fear factor from their performances and get them to enjoy the challenge of being a professional footballer.

Ronniekirk
28-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Someone has to eliminate the fear factor from their performances and get them to enjoy the challenge of being a professional footballer.

Management have to do that and clearly aren't managing ,the individual players can take ownership and try and support team Craig makes a mistake then gives ref abuse ,losing the place in frustration he isn't stating captains example .As fans the only thing we can now do is turn up in numbers and vocally back the team but looks like we are frustrated and divided at the minute with so some having had enough and not going and other so frustrated at game they get on players backs .so what's going to give to change all the above as it's a n entrenched pattern now for past six games :confused:

Onion
28-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Management have to do that and clearly aren't managing ,the individual players can take ownership and try and support team Craig makes a mistake then gives ref abuse ,losing the place in frustration he isn't stating captains example .As fans the only thing we can now do is turn up in numbers and vocally back the team but looks like we are frustrated and divided at the minute with so some having had enough and not going and other so frustrated at game they get on players backs .so what's going to give to change all the above as it's a n entrenched pattern now for past six games :confused:

Some fans need to think about their own role in the last 3 games of the season as the team needs support front the stands, not a hard time. Yes, it might make you feel better by blasting the players and venting, but it does zero to motivate them - quite the opposite. I didn't go yesterday for that very reason.

Expecting Rain
28-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Encouragement rather than criticism is required, there is far too much negativity which serves no purpose.

cad
28-04-2014, 09:37 AM

True what you say Ronnie its a hard gig walking up to Easter Road at the minute

I didnt go yesterday golf course for me ,this annual event off avoiding the drop we have skirted with the last few years just takes its toll ,know a few guys who bet their entrance money on Hearts and stayed in the boozer pee`d off but over £100 up yesterday and from the punters in the golf club there were more than a few who lumped on ,I dont know what the answer is theres many suggestions that seem plausible but it takes cash we seem to spend a great deal solving previous mistakes .

As for Butcher and Malpas they knew they were going to have to rip it up and start again they along with the fans myself included thought we were in with a good shout of a top 6 finish but with a few home truths being fired off at certain individuals seems to have put us into free fall ,my only take on this is Terry called it wrong and is paying the price where these clowns go after Hibs should have them worried if what we are seeing is there Sunday best .

A few people have mentioned not getting the players we wanted for financial reasons and ending up with a team of 3 or 4th choices along with a few loanees usually signed with a week before the season starts ,pre season training is another issue that raises its head Rod allegedly signing players late to save money I dont know if its true but it may have some credence all in all still love the Hibs but dont ask me to go and watch them its nae fun anymore what used to be a great day out win lose or draw has many now in Asda or some other place rather than Easter Road come kick off time

I think/hope Hibs will sneak in and retain there SPFL status a league without Hearts and Rangers should see us fighting for a Euro slot next season ,given a chance to bring his own team in ,how many times have we said that in the last 5 years BRING HIS OWN PLAYERS IN ,it must have cost a fortune pay offs contracts bought out etc for the club, anyway we know whats required one last effort gets us over the line and we can breath a sigh of relief ,it doesn't bare thinking about going down with them.

GGTTH

Russ
28-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Some fans need to think about their own role in the last 3 games of the season as the team needs support front the stands, not a hard time. Yes, it might make you feel better by blasting the players and venting, but it does zero to motivate them - quite the opposite. I didn't go yesterday for that very reason.

The team needs supporting yet you didn't go? Why let the hecklers stop you going? If I let that reason stop me going I wouldn't have been to a single Hibs game. Hibs fans are famous for giving their own players a hard time.

WestEndHibee
28-04-2014, 09:55 AM
The team needs supporting yet you didn't go? Why let the hecklers stop you going? If I let that reason stop me going I wouldn't have been to a single Hibs game. Hibs fans are famous for giving their own players a hard time.

Its what makes me least proud to be a Hibee.

Expecting Rain
28-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Some Hibs fans desert the club when they are trying to do the right thing, spending their gate money on Hearts beating us, whilst the cheats turn out in numbers for them with no sense of shame or embarrasment, something not quite right there imo.

emerald green
28-04-2014, 09:01 PM

I don't think Hibs fans are "famous" for giving their own players a hard time. Famous with whom? I don't think we are any better or any worse than football fans throughout the world who give their team stick when they are playing badly, and losing week after week. In South America, players have been shot by their own fans FFS. That's what I call giving their own players a hard time. In fact, it's mad.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2014, 09:06 PM
For the next few weeks we need a siege mentality.

Everyone involved needs to back the club and team at every opportunity. People can say what they like about us but we'll bite back.

We're no better or worse for giving players or the club a hard time than anyone else but until this season is over we need to adopt an 'us against the world' type stance. Might help the players relax and play a bit as well.

Russ
28-04-2014, 11:55 PM

I don't think Hibs fans are "famous" for giving their own players a hard time. Famous with whom? I don't think we are any better or any worse than football fans throughout the world who give their team stick when they are playing badly, and losing week after week. In South America, players have been shot by their own fans FFS. That's what I call giving their own players a hard time. In fact, it's mad.

If you have been anywhere near ER in the last 40years that I have you can't fail to have seen the abuse thrown at players. Ally Brazil springs to mind, and a more consistent or genuine player you couldn't hope to have had in your team, but oh wait a min, Ally kinda looked ungainly didn't he. I sat in the famous five a few years ago and there's an old guy in there who sits with his grand daughter and does nothing but hurl abuse at Hibs players. They took great delight in screaming at Stokes when he was in his infancy at ER that he would never be a goalscorer. And btw we don't need to be losing to have our so called fans hurl abuse.