PDA

View Full Version : Bbc

The_Horde
27-04-2014, 11:44 PM
How good are they at cutting out good chances from the highlights?

There was several incidents I'd quite liked to have seen again. Craig's free kick, one off the line, Cummings effort and probably more.

I'm not claiming they're biased or anything I just find it hugely frustrating that I'm tuning into a highlights program who don't show most of the highlights!

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 11:47 PM
They don't spend a lot of time on the games and the only highlights they show are the online ones

VivaHiberņa
27-04-2014, 11:51 PM
They don't spend a lot of time on the games and the only highlights they show are the online ones

Then why are the online highlights so poor? It's the same issue.

Amazed they didn't show Cummings getting hacked down when he was pretty much through on goal.

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 11:51 PM
;3987260']How good are they at cutting out good chances from the highlights?

There was several incidents I'd quite liked to have seen again. Craig's free kick, one off the line, Cummings effort and probably more.

I'm not claiming they're biased or anything I just find it hugely frustrating that I'm tuning into a highlights program who don't show most of the highlights!

The highlights are a disgrace. Always 5 minutes unless it's Celtic involved. More time is spent discussing the highlights than showing them. Plus I can't understand why they have current players in the studio (Thompson of St Mirren for example) commentating on matches that they themselves are involved in. Difficult for the player not to be somewhat bias.

iwasthere1972
28-04-2014, 12:15 AM
By all accounts at least we won't have to bother too much about what highlights BBC show next season as we won't be on it.

Wonder if they're already planning Championship highlights?

Spike Mandela
28-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Tom English's piece is factual, painfully so, but I get the distinct feeling that he and several other of his media peers are getting great pleasure out of our discomfort.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27182234

PeeJay
28-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Tom English's piece is factual, painfully so, but I get the distinct feeling that he and several other of his media peers are getting great pleasure out of our discomfort.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27182234

I am a bit far removed form the general media blurb being presented to you back home to have the full picture, but there doesn't appear to be anything in this particle article to back up what you are suggesting ... tells it pretty much the way it is.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Stopped reading that nonsense when he more or less suggested skacel was right to watch the game from the home end.

Jim44
28-04-2014, 07:05 AM
There's nothing nonsensical in the article. In fact I'm surprised at the snippets of positivity he touches on.

Geo_1875
28-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Last time I looked we were 8th in the SPL.

Has Tom English written comparable pieces about the teams sitting between us and the play-off position?

CorrieHibs
28-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Stopped reading that nonsense when he more or less suggested skacel was right to watch the game from the home end.

Skacel obviously wanting to start a riot and get some attention.

itslegaltender
28-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Skacel obviously wanting to start a riot and get some attention.

So is that why Skacel ended up at the start of the game in the away end? Was sitting 5 rows up near the East.

Jones28
28-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Last time I looked we were 8th in the SPL.

Has Tom English written comparable pieces about the teams sitting between us and the play-off position?

That peice us more to do with how far we have fallen, and that we are on a downward trajectory. Other clubs all seem capable of beating each other whereas we can't buy a win.

Geo_1875
28-04-2014, 09:32 AM
That peice us more to do with how far we have fallen, and that we are on a downward trajectory. Other clubs all seem capable of beating each other whereas we can't buy a win.

I don't recall him being so "interested" in the downward spiral of RFC (IL) or HoMFC (IA).

The Sea-gull
28-04-2014, 10:04 AM
I don't recall him being so "interested" in the downward spiral of RFC (IL) or HoMFC (IA).

Tom English had plenty to say on the Rangers stuff it is just he didn't write for the BBC at the time and wasn't on the radio as much. Not really heard him say much about Hearts right enough.

The_Horde
28-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Spot on.

There's definitely a lot of negativity building in the press because hibs going down makes a story. Partick, Ross County, Killie or St Mirren going down doesn't quite have the same selling power.