PDA

View Full Version : Jordon Forster up front

Billychaotic182
27-04-2014, 10:27 PM
All the jokes about playing McPake up there why not Jordon only player who knows where the back of the net is for us

Scottie
27-04-2014, 10:32 PM
All the jokes about playing McPake up there why not Jordon only player who knows where the back of the net is for us
Well at least if he's up front he won't be able to lose us 2 goals by **** defending

Spike Mandela
27-04-2014, 10:37 PM

Forster is suspended for Partick game anyway I think.

TheFamous1875
27-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Why no', eh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 10:44 PM

:agree:

IberianHibernian
27-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Right from start of Butcher regime Nelson and Forster from set pieces have been our main goal threat . It worked in the first few games ( just as well or we`d be in playoff now ) but was obviously a weak and unimaginative tactic given the number of goals scored by Craig , Vine and Heff last season in same league .

Waxy
27-04-2014, 11:04 PM
It's actually worth a try.

Michael
27-04-2014, 11:27 PM
It's genuinely not a bad idea considering how desperate we are for goals at the minute. Forster has a bit of strength and is decent in the air...maybe play him with Cummings...

Haymaker
27-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he played a lot of youth football up front.

VivaHiberņa
27-04-2014, 11:58 PM
I was thinking this myself earlier.

The more you think about the more it makes sense:

- Can be our target man to get balls into Collins or Cummings if we got two upfront, has a bit of aerial presence
- Can hold play up and lay it off if we go 4-5-1 due to being more suited to the physical contest

I said at the game we need a Christian Nade-type player who can do the above. Forster could do a job in that regard.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2014, 05:42 AM
I text my mate during the match saying if we're sticking a centre half up front why isn't it the one that scores all our goals?

He's been our biggest goal threat for weeks.

GreenCastle
28-04-2014, 06:11 AM
4 goals now he's scored and that offside goal at the PBS would have been 5.

Our top scorer has 6 I think...

Not the worst idea..

Biggie
28-04-2014, 06:13 AM
He played a few games for my sons team when he was in youth football...up front, and he was out of this world.....really surprised to see his breakthrough into the 1st team was at the back.

Ronniekirk
28-04-2014, 06:51 AM

Oh well we won't scoring against them then:wink:

easty
28-04-2014, 07:17 AM
We had the same chat about David Stephens a while back. It was a no from me then, and it's the same now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 07:21 AM
We had the same chat about David Stephens a while back. It was a no from me then, and it's the same now.

This.

SMAXXA
28-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Granted he has scored a few goals but he's cost us more goals than he has scored. At fault again for BOTH goals yesterday, yet people are quick to slate Nelson. Just cause he's young and learning doesn't make him immune to criticism, if he's not defending properly well take him out and play someone who will. I'd far rather a ch defending properly and not scoring goals over the current situation.

granted I thought he done ok the goals aside today but that's my point, goals win lose you games playing ok doesn't.

sesoim
28-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Alex McLeish made a few positional changes when he was at the club (eg Sauzee moved back to sweeper, Lovell went to right wingback and Jack moved forward into midfield). I think all managers should be open to trying things out- there is no point in being rigid, after all they constantly move young players around in Dutch football as they develop.

I think Forster's best position would be right midfield, allowing him to get forward and arrive late at the back post. I also think Hanlon should move into midfield next season. I think we need to sign a brand new set of defenders as we haven't been solid for years, so moving these two forward might be the best way to accommodate them.

easty
28-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Alex McLeish made a few positional changes when he was at the club (eg Sauzee moved back to sweeper, Lovell went to right wingback and Jack moved forward into midfield). I think all managers should be open to trying things out- there is no point in being rigid, after all they constantly move young players around in Dutch football as they develop.

I think Forster's best position would be right midfield, allowing him to get forward and arrive late at the back post. I also think Hanlon should move into midfield next season. I think we need to sign a brand new set of defenders as we haven't been solid for years, so moving these two forward might be the best way to accommodate them.

No and no.

EastCalderHibby
28-04-2014, 10:03 PM

at least he would attack the ****ing ball