PDA

View Full Version : Final 2 home games...pack it out..let's get this season over with

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 08:00 PM
2 home games left..

After today's result this Saturday against Partick becomes even more important...actually huge!

This mess isn't the fans fault far from it!!!

I don't want this thread to turn into a TB / RP / board bashing post.

What I want and hope is for us as fans to prove it's not over yet and show everyone outside ER that we are not down yet and not finished. Get a good backing along to ER and be so positive that the players manage to gain a vital 3 points.

Ross county is going to be tough away midweek game so it's so important we get something Saturday at home and against Killie if we really have to!

The usual big crowds = poor performance lines will come out and I am not having a go at anyone who doesn't go as the have had enough. I can't argue against that!

I know though if we can just secure our position this season in the top league then we can then just reevaluate everything in summer and then ask serious questions of the direction of the club and those running it.

I was there today but several of my season ticket friends missed it - I will be dragging them along on Saturday and they will be coming!

Hopefully most ST holders turn up next weekend plus those who got the free tickets plus even more.

This manager/ board / average players are not going to be allowed to take us down - as fans we will make them realise that!

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 08:04 PM
2 home games left..

After today's result this Saturday against Partick becomes even more important...actually huge!

What I want and hope is for us as fans to prove it's not over yet and show everyone outside ER that we are not down yet and not finished. Get a good backing along to ER and be so positive that the players manage to gain a vital 3 points.

Ross county is going to be tough away midweek game so it's so important we get something Saturday at home and against Killie if we really have to!

The usual big crowds = poor performance lines will come out and I am not having a go at anyone who doesn't go as the have had enough. I can't argue against that!

I know though if we can just secure our position this season in the top league then we can then just reevaluate everything in summer and then ask serious questions of the direction of the club and those running it.

I was there today but several of my season ticket friends missed it - I will be dragging them along on Saturday and they will be coming!

Hopefully most ST holders turn up next weekend plus those who got the free tickets plus even more.

This manager/ board / average players are not going to be allowed to take us down - as fans we will make them realise that!

Good post mate, and I'll still be there. I love the club and Petrie or the management or the players won't stop me going. We MUST try back them until it's all over. Not going to lie today was the best we played in a while and Hearts to be 0-2 up at HT actually shocked me. We weren't as bad as folk made out but we must now win the 2 remaining home games.

GGTTH.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I'll be there. As crap as we are and as bad as we all should feel we should be doing everything to help the team and make sure we don't get relegated. Then the rebuilding starts in the summer.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Taking my son to his first game vs partick. If the killie game is important I'll be there too, but if it's a dead rubber I won't.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm with you mate. But, if there was ever a time to pack ER, it was today.

GGTTH

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 08:20 PM

GGTTH

A packed home probably would have helped today - who knows.

i do think the timing of the derby after the st mirren game when people travelled through didn't help.

Not making excuses but the early Sunday ok didn't help either - earlier on Sundays just don't work for some due to youth football and travel. Add the Edinburgh run in today and there was plenty of spaces at ER.

Anyway I won't be celebrating staying up this season if we do or wanting some sort of Sunshine On Leith sing along. I will just be relieved that this season will be over and we can start fresh for next year.

I've said it before it's VITAL we don't go down - could easily be the near death of our club and that's not an over reaction.

Crap as we we have 2 games..2 home games (yes I know our home record is crap) is all it takes to generate a buzz at ER again and gain some pride back.

Many think we are down (outside media and some on here) and the yams (r) let's at least finish with a small postive and prove them wrong.

ionahibby
27-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm not a fan of butcher but I'm prepared to support him and and the team until end of season so let's stop all this negativity and be positive until after the last game of season!

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Come onnnnn :thumbsup:.

Get us through this, then we can sort out the problems.

ackeygraham
27-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Big crowds dont change ability. Some of the players just don't have it.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 08:44 PM

We know that..but the future stars like Sam Stanton May just rise to the occasion and do something extra special with some positive support :aok:

Judas Iscariot
27-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Aren't the scared in front of a packed ER?

Russ
27-04-2014, 08:48 PM

The Hibs fans will be there in numbers knowing what's at stake. GGTTH

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 08:57 PM

They beat the yams in front of 20,000+ plus at ER in January 2014 :na na:

Judas Iscariot
27-04-2014, 09:03 PM
They beat the yams in front of 20,000+ plus at ER in January 2014 :na na:

Oh I know that, I was there :agree:

It's just we've heard time & time again that our players don't like playing at home

Ronniekirk
27-04-2014, 09:10 PM

GGTTH
Was at game and got pelters from mates texting saying what a poor home support for a crucial game .

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 09:25 PM
I'll certainly be there for the last two home matches but have a feeling our destiny won't be decided until the final day against Kilmarnock. Really hope I'm wrong as I don't think my nerves could stand it. Probably have to go to the pub beforehand and get sloshed. :drunk:

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Oh I know that, I was there :agree:

It's just we've heard time & time again that our players don't like playing at home

Hibs.net myth :wink:

Some of them will will maybe rise to the occasion - who knows :greengrin Even if someone like Stanton or Stevenson can show some magic it could save us!

This playing at home and in front of large crowds nonsense needs to change - tackle it head on rather than avoid it. Least TB can really see who has the guts to play in front of large audiences.

We are still here and always will be - lets just make sure it's the top division!

Wakeyhibee
27-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Will be there for the Partick game and if it goes to the end of season then Killie too, i'm sure there will be many doing the same even though it is *****. Killie game could end up being a big gate just like the Dundee Utd game was all those years back.

lucky
27-04-2014, 10:36 PM
I think it will go to the wire with a shoot out with Kilmarnock

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Packing the stadium may give us an advantage. It may not. If anything it could make Partick/Killie more nervous. It made a difference against Dunfermline two years ago and the Partick game is up there with that game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Will be there for the Partick game and if it goes to the end of season then Killie too, i'm sure there will be many doing the same even though it is *****. Killie game could end up being a big gate just like the Dundee Utd game was all those years back.

Dunfy too.

Hibee-Wylie
27-04-2014, 10:39 PM
At least get 15k for both games, still more than today's game

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 10:41 PM
I'll be there for the run in at home. Probably head up to Dingwall as well and Killie if it comes down to that one.

For all my moaning on here, with good reason imo, the current situation makes me feel more 'obliged' to get out and support the team. I've no idea if it makes any difference but I feel like I'm doing my bit.

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 10:44 PM
I'll be there for the run in at home. Probably head up to Dingwall as well and Killie if it comes down to that one.

For all my moaning on here, with good reason imo, the current situation makes me feel more 'obliged' to get out and support the team. I've no idea if it makes any difference but I feel like I'm doing my bit.

:aok: Good man.

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 10:54 PM
2 home games left..

Will it make any difference if we pack it out.

Apart from putting a smile on Rods face.

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 10:56 PM

Pretty sure we play better away from home, .net fact soon to be. But we don't.

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 10:57 PM
I think it will go to the wire with a shoot out with Kilmarnock

:agree:

What do you think the outcome will be in that game.?

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Will it make any difference if we pack it out.

Apart from putting a smile on Rods face.

I'm not a RP / Board fan but that's for another thread plus I know change is getting closer to happening.

Our club is more attractive for an investor if we are in the top league..that's for sure!

I'm going to home games - not out of blind faith or as a RP fan - a hibs fan. We are in severe **** and while this season has been a total waste - I know we have 3 games left to save ourselves from even more total humiliation.

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:06 PM

No you're not doing your bit, you're doing what any supporter should do. Are you looking for praise for going? Why people feel the need to give excuses for going and not going I'll never know.

basehibby
27-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Was at game and got pelters from mates texting saying what a poor home support for a crucial game .

...and it was - sad to say but when the going gets tough it seems some of our support vanish like snow off a dyke. I certainly understand that it's been pretty painful viewing of late, but I was surprised myself that the turnout was so poor considering we've got a battle on our hands to stay in the league - all hands to the pump and all that!

matty_f
27-04-2014, 11:09 PM
No you're not doing your bit, you're doing what any supporter should do. Are you looking for praise for going? Why people feel the need to give excuses for going and not going I'll never know.
Isn't doing what any supporter should do the same as doing your bit? I don't think he was looking for praise for going, just commenting on the thread.

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:12 PM
...and it was - sad to say but when the going gets tough it seems some of our support vanish like snow off a dyke. I certainly understand that it's been pretty painful viewing of late, but I was surprised myself that the turnout was so poor considering we've got a battle on our hands to stay in the league - all hands to the pump and all that!
Has always been the same unfortunately and it's the same stay away so called supporters telling everyone we are a big team, if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 11:13 PM

The thread was about going to the last few games, I said I would do, as I have most games this season, and I said I FELT I was doing my bit. I wasn't looking for or expecting praise. My self esteem isn't so low I need the blessing of a keyboard warrior.

Settle precious.

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:16 PM
The thread was about going to the last few games, I said I would do, as I have most games this season, and I said I FELT I was doing my bit. I wasn't looking for or expecting praise. My self esteem isn't so low I need the blessing of a keyboard warrior.

Settle precious.
Ok pretty boy didn't mean to ruffle ur feathers:wink:.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 11:17 PM
i heard on the tannoy on the way out that the last home game against killie was hibs ladies day...hopefully they play better than the blokes :flag: mon the wummin

:clapper:

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Isn't doing what any supporter should do the same as doing your bit? I don't think he was looking for praise for going, just commenting on the thread.
When someone feels obliged to do anything it doesn't come across as genuine to me. Maybe that's jist me tho eh?

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 11:20 PM
i heard on the tannoy on the way out that the last home game against killie was hibs ladies day...hopefully they play better than the blokes :flag: mon the wummin

:clapper:

I'm worried about all the bad language. Guys cover your ears.

That's no lady, that's my wife.

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm not a RP / Board fan but that's for another thread plus I know change is getting closer to happening.

Our club is more attractive for an investor if we are in the top league..that's for sure!

I'm going to home games - not out of blind faith or as a RP fan - a hibs fan. We are in severe **** and while this season has been a total waste - I know we have 3 games left to save ourselves from even more total humiliation.I

I will be there also.

GGTTH

Lee
27-04-2014, 11:29 PM
When someone feels obliged to do anything it doesn't come across as genuine to me. Maybe that's jist me tho eh?

Disagree - if someone feels obliged to do something, surely they are going on instinct / natural reaction to want to do the right thing?

That sounds pretty genuine to me.....

Waxy
27-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Hopefully we have now hit the lowest point. We are well overdue a slice of luck.

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Disagree - if someone feels obliged to do something, surely they are going on instinct / natural reaction to want to do the right thing?

That sounds pretty genuine to me.....

He's going that's the main thing. My apologies for questioning his reasons, am still hurting from earlier, as most of us are.

GreenLake
28-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Good post mate, and I'll still be there. I love the club and Petrie or the management or the players won't stop me going. We MUST try back them until it's all over. Not going to lie today was the best we played in a while and Hearts to be 0-2 up at HT actually shocked me. We weren't as bad as folk made out but we must now win the 2 remaining home games.

GGTTH.

Start the match thread today so we can start winning! :greengrin

Nutmegged
28-04-2014, 03:05 AM
I said the other night before the Yams game, the only people who will genuinely nbe devastated if we go down will be the fans, we're the ones who will have to deal with it, so with that in mind I think we're the only ones we can trust, We're rotten and can't buy a win but the good thing is most clubs around us are in thr same boat.

Kilmarnock can't buy a win, County looked as likely as us for a win too before Saturday, St Mirren and Thistle are also hot and cold ahough both are far better footballing sides than us.

The only team in the bottom half who is showing any decent consistency is that mob.

I think we'll do just enough to survive this time around but I think the fans will have to play their part.

I think Hibs vs Kilmarnock on the last day of the Season is going to be huge

GreenCastle
28-04-2014, 06:31 AM
I said the other night before the Yams game, the only people who will genuinely nbe devastated if we go down will be the fans, we're the ones who will have to deal with it, so with that in mind I think we're the only ones we can trust, We're rotten and can't buy a win but the good thing is most clubs around us are in thr same boat.

Kilmarnock can't buy a win, County looked as likely as us for a win too before Saturday, St Mirren and Thistle are also hot and cold ahough both are far better footballing sides than us.

The only team in the bottom half who is showing any decent consistency is that mob.

I think we'll do just enough to survive this time around but I think the fans will have to play their part.

:agree:

The he only part I differ with is that we need to do something and soon as I think the others will pick up some points.

i think it will go into the last game but we need to make sure that we aren't favorites on the last day for the 11th spot.

Ronniekirk
28-04-2014, 07:43 AM

On sportscene last night they showed the bottom six clubs form on the last six results .We are bottom with no points .We don't have a goalscorer ,we have little creativity and a defence that will get changed in each of our next three games to accommodate Fosters suspension and at some point McPakes return so clean sheet unlikely in next game .have to hope Thistle find the pressure affects them like it it us but they know they outplayed us last game using pace and counter attacking and that's why Butcher won't go two up top If we can't somehow conjure up a draw we are in trouble as watched Ross county Killie and kiss slew and the big coloured guy up front linked well together and looked a handful .
Also some of our players looked dead on their feet at end of Derby, So three games in a week could also be a telling factor .the psychological pressure of knowing we are the worst team on basis of form and. Knowing we don't seem able to score first goal can't be underestimated .
I hope Butcher is watching the teams that are in the play off as we might have to find a way to beat whoever that is .
So yep Killie game could be massive Ironically Nelson has done a decent job in keeping Boyd quiet in last two games against them and out last two performances against them have been good ,so think we need them to get beat in next two matches with them still to play hearts Could that be the game they pick up something in ?
We need to carry on from where we left off in the second half against Hearts and hope for other results to go our way and for us to get a break in a game .Not what I envisaged when T B came in but on the other hand not really surprised .
Moan the Hibs give us something to cheer about in next three games for ****s sake

Gatecrasher
28-04-2014, 07:45 AM
On sportscene last night they showed the bottom six clubs form on the last six results .We are bottom with no points .We don't have a goalscorer ,we have little creativity and a defence that will get changed in each of our next three games to accommodate Fosters suspension and at some point McPakes return so clean sheet unlikely in next game .have to hope Thistle find the pressure affects them like it it us but they know they outplayed us last game using pace and counter attacking and that's why Butcher won't go two up top If we can't somehow conjure up a draw we are in trouble as watched Ross county Killie and kiss slew and the big coloured guy up front linked well together and looked a handful .
Also some of our players looked dead on their feet at end of Derby, So three games in a week could also be a telling factor .the psychological pressure of knowing we are the worst team on basis of form and. Knowing we don't seem able to score first goal can't be underestimated .
I hope Butcher is watching the teams that are in the play off as we might have to find a way to beat whoever that is .
So yep Killie game could be massive Ironically Nelson has done a decent job in keeping Boyd quiet in last two games against them and out last two performances against them have been good ,so think we need them to get beat in next two matches with them still to play hearts Could that be the game they pick up something in ?
We need to carry on from where we left off in the second half against Hearts and hope for other results to go our way and for us to get a break in a game .Not what I envisaged when T B came in but on the other hand not really surprised .
Moan the Hibs give us something to cheer about in next three games for ****s sake

We haven't won since February and have only won 2 games in 2014 since our last win we have managed to get 3 points compare that to the clubs around us, Killie 7, Partick 12, Ross County 12 and St Mirren 11. We should never be in the position we're in with the points we had in the first half of the season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Killie game could be like the Dunfermline game a couple years ago. Hope the club do all they can to entice as many Hibs fans to go along as possible.

GGTTH

Saorsa
28-04-2014, 07:48 AM
We haven't won since February and have only won 2 games in 2014 since our last win we have managed to get 3 points compare that to the clubs around us, Killie 7, Partick 12, Ross County 12 and St Mirren 11. We should never be in the position we're in with the points we had in the first half of the season.Aye but are any of those clubs as well run as this one?

Gatecrasher
28-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Aye but are any of those clubs as well run as this one?

of course not :greengrin