Can anyone explain how the freeking
Hell a free kick was given against
McGivern after that jambo twat tried
to leapfrog over him for the ball.
Which as we all know lead to the ball
Ending up in oor net

Sas_The_Hibby
27-04-2014, 07:00 PM
I think McGivern knew what he was doing but I also thought he was personally entitled to get up and challenge for the ball - little consolation, as always though.

ozzie
27-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Not sure how you can be penalised for standing up regardless of weither he knew what he was doing or not the opposition play took the decision to jump over him. Bad decision from the ref, bad defending from hibs (again).

Torto7062
27-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Agree McGivern knew what he was doing
But yet another costly decision in a derby

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 07:08 PM
i already mentioned this on another thread, the linesman standing right in front of the incident saw nowt wrong, but the referee standing 20+ yards away did

matty_f
27-04-2014, 07:09 PM
I haven't seen a replay of it yet but at the time I was astonished that a foul was given against McGivern.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 07:10 PM
We never get these decisions in derbies. Never have. The linesman who was beside it didn't see the foul.

No point moaning about it though. If we had defended it properly they wouldn't have scored so easily with a back post free header.

smurf
27-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Never a foul but what difference does it really make. We make basic defensive mistakes week in and week out.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Never a foul ........ but that's typical

green day
27-04-2014, 07:42 PM
It doesn't matter, these things happen. What should have happened next is that our 6 foot plus defenders header it out.

But they didn't and we lost.

Let's not fixate on one decision - we are crap and I can only pray we stay up and strengthen.

mca
27-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Typical Hibs - Playing against 13 men was my wifes quote of the game .. :agree:

Eyrie
27-04-2014, 07:55 PM
McGivern was fouled first and then when he tried to stand up the Yam jumped into him. Quite what McGivern was meant to have done when he was looking forward at the ball and not behind at their player is beyond me.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 08:06 PM
It's just the latest in a long line of shocking decisions given against Hibs in this particular fixture. It's been going on for as long as I can remember. It won't be long until someone comes on and accuses me of being paranoid no doubt. Having said that, the defending of the high cross ball into the box was, as usual, pub team standard.

easty
27-04-2014, 08:15 PM
It's just the latest in a long line of shocking decisions given against Hibs in this particular fixture. It's been going on for as long as I can remember. It won't be long until someone comes on and accuses me of being paranoid no doubt. Having said that, the defending of the high cross ball into the box was, as usual, pub team standard.

It's only paranoia if you're saying there is a conspiracy. Which there clearly, in my sane opinion, there is not. Poor decisions happen in football. They're happening against us rather than for us against them. Life's a bitch but you just have to get on with it.

It's not like we play hearts every week and every week we get poor decisions against us. It's a few times a year.

If you got shat on by a seagull 3 times a year you wouldn't think that the seagulls are out to get you.

Forza Fred
27-04-2014, 08:20 PM
It's only paranoia if you're saying there is a conspiracy. Which there clearly, in my sane opinion, there is not. Poor decisions happen in football. They're happening against us rather than for us against them. Life's a bitch but you just have to get on with it.

It's not like we play hearts every week and every week we get poor decisions against us. It's a few times a year.

If you got shat on by a seagull 3 times a year you wouldn't think that the seagulls are out to get you.

Nobody could be that paranoid that they would think seagulls were out to get them.

Owls, though, that's another matter entirely!

Sas_The_Hibby
27-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Typical Hibs - Playing against 13 men was my wifes quote of the game .. :agree:

You mean she thought one of the officials was actually neutral!!!??!! :greengrin

emerald green
27-04-2014, 08:49 PM

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, although I do believe there is a certain bias towards certain clubs in this country, and Hibs are not one of those clubs. I'll leave it at that. It's the regular breathtakingly bad judgement by referees, and their assistants, which could have far reaching repercussions for HFC which concerns me. When referees and linesmen are guilty of making these monumental blunders (not just "poor decisions") it is someone else - never the offending official - who suffers. In these recent high profile cases it's Hibs FC who have suffered. That's far more serious than being shat on by a seagull.

matty_f
28-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Just saw the 'foul' again. WTF was the ref thinking with that one?:bitchy:

Saorsa
28-04-2014, 12:36 AM
I haven't seen a replay of it yet but at the time I was astonished that a foul was given against McGivern.I wisnae, appalling refereeing again today, whole game. Nowt new though and it winnae change.

GreenLake
28-04-2014, 12:55 AM
The issue for me is not that McGivern fouled the player when standing up, it's how in the f$%^ did the ref not blow for the foul which sent him to the ground in the first place. Unbelievable.

Boyle89
28-04-2014, 12:58 AM
I think mcgiverns been utter gash this season an made costly mistakes but that call by the ref was horrific. Never a foul but terrible defending cost us a goal. Can't really blame the ref for our beyond hopeless defending.

Dinkydoo
28-04-2014, 06:21 AM

Aye, but if you got shat on by the same seagull every time it flew past you'd begin to wonder wtf was going on.

PeeJay
28-04-2014, 06:55 AM
The laws of the game clearly say that "...impeding the progress of an opponent" will result in an indirect free kick being awarded - so, I think the referee was probably entitled to make the call - McGivern should have opted for a better solution to the problem out on the touchline - bad decision making on his part ... no doubt some feel that the laws of the game are also part of the conspiracy against us ?

matty_f
28-04-2014, 07:04 AM
The laws of the game clearly say that "...impeding the progress of an opponent" will result in an indirect free kick being awarded - so, I think the referee was probably entitled to make the call - McGivern should have opted for a better solution to the problem out on the touchline - bad decision making on his part ... no doubt some feel that the laws of the game are also part of the conspiracy against us ?

The boy impeded Ryan by jumping all over his back after he'd brought Ryan down in the first place. free kick should have gone our way.

easty
28-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Aye, but if you got shat on by the same seagull every time it flew past you'd begin to wonder wtf was going on.

Seagulls all look the same to me. I'm not being racist though, some of my best friends are seagulls.

What's that? Stop talking pish Easty? Good point.

PeeJay
28-04-2014, 07:19 AM
The boy impeded Ryan by jumping all over his back after he'd brought Ryan down in the first place. free kick should have gone our way.

:greengrin - Yeah, from a Hibs fan point of view I can see the logic of your reply, but the ref has to make an on-the-spot decision and I feel he was entitled to see it the way he did ... I'm not sure if McGivern was "fouled" first as you suggest, the linesman had a perfect view, he didn't seem to think so either.

cocopops1875
28-04-2014, 07:32 AM

If those birds shat on you only while walking down one road that you walk 5 times a year what would you think ?

easty
28-04-2014, 07:36 AM
If those birds shat on you only while walking down one road that you walk 5 times a year what would you think ?

Dunno. It's time to buy a hat?

dangermouse
28-04-2014, 07:53 AM
I've not seen a replay of the foul but I have seen a replay of the goal from the free kick. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the defending was poor. Patterson easily loses his marker, Nelson, for a free header.

If I was to pick one thing I thought Butcher would be good at it would be sorting out how to defend but he clearly can't do that! Nor has he sorted our appalling tactics at throw ins and chuck in he's not very good at coaching strikers or as our close season buy completely missed the ball with five minutes to go when all that was needed was to make contact not try to send it into outer space.

Lastly, I think I'll try and get my season ticket moved from five rows from the front to the roof of one of the stands as the ball seems to spend more time miles up in the air than it does on the ground.

Signed, a very pissed off Hibby.

easty
28-04-2014, 08:07 AM
If I was to pick one thing I thought Butcher would be good at it would be sorting out how to defend but he clearly can't do that!

I've heard this said a few times now. I don't think it's Butchers organisation for set pieces that's the problem though. He can tell them a million times how to mark from a set play, he can tell them how he did it, he can get them on the training ground doing it for hours even. What it comes down to, though, is when the players take to the park they have to do it themselves. Ours aren't. Terry isn't the puppet master and able to move them about as he wants.

I only play amateur football but I say all the time to the rest of my team at corners, know who you're marking, it's your job to make sure they don't get the ball, make it difficult for him to get where he wants to go. You don't necessarily have to win the ball, but just make sure your man doesn't score.

PeeJay
28-04-2014, 08:28 AM

Just watched the replay on SPFL You Tube - seems to me that Ryan isn't fouled at any time - he falls over stupidly trying to con the re/linesman into giving him a free kick then he impedes the guy - correct decision by ref, bad decision making by Ryan - at least that's how I see it ...

matty_f
28-04-2014, 08:30 AM
:greengrin - Yeah, from a Hibs fan point of view I can see the logic of your reply, but the ref has to make an on-the-spot decision and I feel he was entitled to see it the way he did ... I'm not sure if McGivern was "fouled" first as you suggest, the linesman had a perfect view, he didn't seem to think so either.
linesman had a perfect view of Sparkie's free kick and Forster's goal at the pbs so I don't think.we want to be relying on those dobbers.

PeeJay
28-04-2014, 08:34 AM
linesman had a perfect view of Sparkie's free kick and Forster's goal at the pbs so I don't think.we want to be relying on those dobbers.

fair point ... certainly makes you wonder what they are doing out there on the touchline

greenlex
28-04-2014, 09:33 AM
I've heard this said a few times now. I don't think it's Butchers organisation for set pieces that's the problem though. He can tell them a million times how to mark from a set play, he can tell them how he did it, he can get them on the training ground doing it for hours even. What it comes down to, though, is when the players take to the park they have to do it themselves. Ours aren't. Terry isn't the puppet master and able to move them about as he wants.

I only play amateur football but I say all the time to the rest of my team at corners, know who you're marking, it's your job to make sure they don't get the ball, make it difficult for him to get where he wants to go. You don't necessarily have to win the ball, but just make sure your man doesn't score.
This. Butcher cannot do the marking. The players are just not good enough. It's not Butchers fault that Nelson is slower than me. It's not Butchers fault that Collins appears to be a complete donkey that has a huge confidence crisis going on to compound his I lack of skill. He has little alternatives around either. A new manager isn't going to change that.

eggbamyasi
28-04-2014, 09:40 AM
No way was it a free kick . I actually think he was fouled first , thats why he was flat out on the ground . And what is he ment to do stay down not get up let the hearts player get to the ball ???? Really pissed me off that linesman should have said something .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

bobbyhibs1983
28-04-2014, 09:49 AM

if that law of the game is correct sir then why do you never see a freekick/pen when the defenders "sherpered"(or however you spell it) it out? you dont because the ref sees the defender having control of the ball.Yesterday the ball was a meer foot or two in front of our player, he would have had the ball is some ninja idiot never jumped over him.

As a few people have said the linesman was a few feet away from the incident and did not flag

PeeJay
28-04-2014, 11:27 AM
if that law of the game is correct sir then why do you never see a freekick/pen when the defenders "sherpered"(or however you spell it) it out? you dont because the ref sees the defender having control of the ball.Yesterday the ball was a meer foot or two in front of our player, he would have had the ball is some ninja idiot never jumped over him.

As a few people have said the linesman was a few feet away from the incident and did not flag

Fair point, seems to be a matter of interpretation - McGivern didn't have control of the ball, he was prostrate on the ground, I don't think McGivern was fouled either, and I think he impeded the guy - the ref thought the same - the result stands - in another game, the decision may well go the other way - no idea what the linesman was thinking (if he was...) the point I made originally was that the ref made a fair call, as he saw it and interpreted the rule, at the time, I think he got it right, although many of his other decisions in the game seemed "strange" to me, he wasn't very consistent in applying the laws of the game - I'm not making it up either by the way - it really is a law ...

Dinkydoo
28-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Seagulls all look the same to me. I'm not being racist though, some of my best friends are seagulls.

What's that? Stop talking pish Easty? Good point.

:greengrin

superfurryhibby
28-04-2014, 11:53 AM
McGivern won the ball, then dived (albeit that there was some contact), gets up and Jambo pretends to try and hurdle him in order to win foul. Even if MCGivern hadn't tried to get up, Jambo would have had to go over or round him to reach a ball that Craig was going to get to first. It wasn't a foul!

FWIW I though McGivern did ok yesterday. Took a booking for the team and generally fought hard.

bobbyhibs1983
28-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Fair point, seems to be a matter of interpretation - McGivern didn't have control of the ball, he was prostrate on the ground, I don't think McGivern was fouled either, and I think he impeded the guy - the ref thought the same - the result stands - in another game, the decision may well go the other way - no idea what the linesman was thinking (if he was...) the point I made originally was that the ref made a fair call, as he saw it and interpreted the rule, at the time, I think he got it right, although many of his other decisions in the game seemed "strange" to me, he wasn't very consistent in applying the laws of the game - I'm not making it up either by the way - it really is a law ...

fiar enough really. Just as you say its strange one(imo) that an offical a few feet away does not flag and the ref spots "something" a bit away(not sure of his postion)

as you say the descion was made and did not go our way but it seems in games against them they always seem to get the decsions and it is so damn frustrating"!!!

One Day
29-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Nobody could be that paranoid that they would think seagulls were out to get them.

Owls, though, that's another matter entirely!

Seagulls are evil bas**rds

s.a.m
29-04-2014, 07:52 AM

Totally.:agree:
I wish them nothing but ill.

easty
29-04-2014, 08:23 AM

They look really meaty though. Why don't we eat the seagulls?

s.a.m
29-04-2014, 08:28 AM
They look really meaty though. Why don't we eat the seagulls?

They're big ****ers, right enough. As anyone (:grr:) who has ever had one swoop over their shoulder and rip a sandwich out of their mouth will testify.

easty
29-04-2014, 08:33 AM
They're big ****ers, right enough. As anyone (:grr:) who has ever had one swoop over their shoulder and rip a sandwich out of their mouth will testify.

If it was a seagull sandwich then they wouldn't dare!

s.a.m
29-04-2014, 09:06 AM
If it was a seagull sandwich then they wouldn't dare!

:hmmm: I think you're onto something there.
Or I could put a stuffed one on a stick, and carry about as a warning to the scavenging thugs.